Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6633) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8150824 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6630) (6631) (6632) (6633) (6634) (6635) (6636) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmmuFarrah(f): 2:07pm On May 24, 2022
Niyyah:

Hi mama, sorry to hear about your chicken pox. Please do NOT Google it anymore. I had mine when I was 17weeks, and it was a rubbish feeling. Chicken pox is a viral infection so I had all the symptoms you mentioned, cold, fever, swollen tonsils, painful breasts, sore achy joints and all, it will pass with time.
Glad you're already taking some medications too. As for the effects on the baby, honestly the risk is very low, mine was fine and I pray yours will be as well. Aameen. You can go for extra scans when the spots has scabbed over. I had monthly scans until 36weeks, just to check the baby was OK. Hope that helps.
On another note, my consultant told me, second trimester is the best time to get chicken pox so you and baby will be fine. Efokanbale. Prayer always helps as well kiss
Oluwa e seun ooo. I was already thinking maybe Google was right as nobody answered. Allahumo Aamiin to your prayers ma'am. I really appreciate this. It's such a relief olohun. Will definitely go for scan as soon as I can. Yes, prayers do work. Modupe ma, thank you

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GracieN(f): 2:14pm On May 24, 2022
Omakraid:
BS! BS!! BS!!
Get ready, it's going to be a verrrryyyyyyyyy long ride...

Been TTCing since we got married but we had issues with doing the do as hubby was a V (innocent bro) so we just dropped baby issues jare until people started asking questions (his people o) so we resumed trying. Fast forward to 2020 around August, I missed my p and ignorantly washed off my baby with the delicious, well flavoured zobo I prepared myself undecided.. I had terrible cramps and passed out tissue, the blood wasn't here (that was the last time I tasted zobo till this month).. I had infection, treated it and we continued trying...

Nov 2020, started having weird dreams of bleeding. Like I would dream I'm sharing the good news of pregnancy with hubby and in that same dream I would start bleeding and the next day in real life I would start bleeding (the exact consistency and volume of blood would be just as it is in the dream) . Didn't take it serious that Nov until it happened Dec, I started waking up in prayers, Jan same and I told hubby and we started battling it together, Same February (what's going on we've been praying na) but we did not relent. March came and it was as if my prayer would never be answered but God did answer. I had a dream where I was on a bed in a strange room and while wondering why I was there I saw ropes on the floor and a candle lit by the bed.. I decided to burn the ropes gradually with the fire from the candle but while about to do that a strange hand grabbed the rope and was holding what it called my womb, turned it upside down to drain the content and was trying to tie it in my presence. I started praying and calling the blood of Jesus in that dream and the hand dropped all and disappeared. That was our victory though I know there'll always be battles.

God answered us with my March LMP/April ovulation but hubby and I treated Staph Aureus just after I ovulated (I told the doctor that I just finished ovulating but he said I shouldn't worry) and took very strong injections which I think caused the MC I had in June, I also had recurrent fever (which I was scared to treat) so I don't know which one in particular caused it. The foetus dropped in my toilet after terrible hours of pain and I dipped my hand, brought it out and took it to the hospital where I was sent for scan which showed remnants that needed to be expelled (I remember also asking questions and posting the picture here). After the painful evacuation, I didn't even have power to cry or brood though my heart was heavy, I just wanted to move on and I gave thanks to God because He did it and would do another. I went to work the next day as I didn't have strength to sit and let the devil bring in unholy thoughts into my heart even though I was still in pain from the evacuation but anything asides sitting at home was better for me.

‌My mind was also made up to start immediately even though Google said whatever. I went for a scan which showed infection after I completed the antibiotics given at the hospital and I got another set of drugs which cleared me and we started again. God came through with the July LMP and here we are..

First trimester was with mild symptoms, no vomiting or spitting except that I was always feverish which I ran quickly to get a test done at 8 weeks and it was discovered to be typhoid but my doctor treated both typhoid and malaria and also placed me on duphaston.... Around 11 weeks I started going everywhere with two food flasks, it was as if I would die if I didn't eat. Also had this terrible cough they would cause pain in my ribs, drugs didn't work but thank God, honey and warm water did. Registered for antenatal at 16 weeks and I was given Amalar, prenatals and my first TT injection and that was when my woes started.. The prenatals got me into a vomiting spree (I think it's cos I used them together instead of using them at separate times) and even when not used. Sometimes I'd just be feeling sick and feel like putting my hands in my throat to empty my belly.. My appetite also dropped from 2 food flasks to 1 and I was also managing myself while watching my weight cos I was almost breaking their scale at the hospital (me that use to be tiny)... The doctor would also wondered why I don't usually have complaints whenever I meet him cos plenty scans even before pregnancy said there's fibroid somewhere (but e no concern me, me I no get am) and he said the fibroid he thought would disturb me isn't disturbing, I didn't even answer as I know I don't have it. Heartburn was the order of the day cos rice o, swallow o, fruits o, even water o gives me heartburn.

Third trimester knocked with pelvic pains, plenty heat, blackness on my neck with plenty rashes, cough and little cravings... I never get satisfied if what I eat is not what I'm craving but I managed around it as money was overflowing to be eating cravings up and down (irony). Mind you I was still very active at work with climbing of stairs as the order of the day.. FF to 36 weeks and I had this terrible cough induced Rib-like contractions, i couldn't do anything but groan like one in labour (mhen what kind of labour happens in the ribs), had an x-ray done, there was nothing so I was given injections and pain reliefs..
Was very hopeful that labour would start before 40 weeks but for where, no show oo. Zeal to exercise went down to zero though i still took walking serious, dem say pineapple and dates dey help, me na so so mango I dey buy, how I go con do na? Doc said he'd sweep me at 39 wks, I no remind am thinking labour will start before 40wks, lailai. I had the sweep at week 40 and was hopeful of positivity. 40wks 2dys, saw mucus plug and was left hanging again. Did all I could do so I don't end up getting to the 41 weeks but it seemed my baby was enjoying the taste of the mangoes I was always taking. Took dates, pineapple, zobo yet there was no painful contraction just the braxton hicks... I called my doctor he said I'll come in for induction that Saturday but we couldn't go in on Saturday so we went on Sunday @41wks 1dy as I didn't fall into labour at all... That morning I was feeling this deceitful painful contraction and I called the doctor, he told me to come to the hospital that I'm not going back home without my baby.. Hubby and I left in the evening. On getting there my vitals were checked and my cervix was checked, cervix hasn't started opening (Yeeh), The doctor lectured DH about induction and how it sometimes ends so that he can be open to the outcome, he then broke Misoprostol into 4 and put a very tiny piece inside somewhere I can't remember the name after which he told the 2nd doc to check for dilation by 1:30am (Monday after 6 hours). I went back to the ward, I was exercising while gisting with hubby and when I was tired I laid down.. Wanted to pee but discovered I couldn't so I told the 2nd doctor who inserted my catheter and a urine bag. Lest I forgot, I also saw blood while in the hospital there.
Baby's heartbeat was also being checked frequently and it was consistently OK until around 1am when it was checked again, it started well but suddenly started dropping and becoming faint. My gynae was called and he came in immediately checked me and I was only 2cm dilated after 6hrs of groaning, he checked the heartbeat too and we all heard it. He told us we have to go straight into the theater as the baby’s life is very important right now.... Sharp sharp I was shaved and headed to the theatre even when hubby hadn't finished signing the consent form(since he had consented with his mouth).. Entering the theatre and lying down, everyone got busy that was when Gen went off, the doctor shouted what happened (the one who ought to get fuel didn't remember to get it, their solar too didn't come on and I heard him tell everyone one to bring out their phones. I was given general anaesthesia so I didn't know what happened again.. Hubby witnessed all cos I had already spoken to the doctor thinking it would be VD and I had also told him to behave himself so he's not sent out. So he was allowed to stay and watch through the curtain partition in the theater.

I woke up in the ward feeling dizzy and asking for my head and hand to be adjusted, I was seeing hubby faintly and he was telling me the baby is here with joy oo but I kept requesting for adjustment. I forgot I was there to give birth, it was later when my brain processed the whole thing I remembered and asked him for a picture of our baby which he showed.. It was when my brain was clearer that he told me of how the baby was brought out not breathing and the doctor had to start blowing air and tapping her seriously. He said the doctor repeated the action again and again until she cried or is it whimpered but with the way she was breathing, her respiratory tract had been blocked by whatever she swallowed and on her own she cant supply her body oxygen that will go round so she needed to be assisted using oxygen. She finished up 3 small tanks and continued with the biggest oxygen tank as her level on and off the tank was being monitored, no food or glucose water sef cos they said they didn't want anything interrupting her airways due to the was she was breathing.. She was just getting skinny and skinny, always crying that I had to use pacifier to keep her calm sometimes (baby that came out weighing 2.5kg oo)

Before, during and after the whole thing, they didn't even request for deposit until Tuesday afternoon when they wanted to bring in a paediatrician to also check her. Her Oxygen level increased from lass than 40 to 46 to 60 something and 70 something... The paediatrician said until we get to 93 and above and it remains consistent without her being on oxygen, we go nowhere... After much complaints of how skinny she is and that her cry that can wake a small village, I was eventually told to express milk in her cup from which 30ml was measured and she took 22ml. Next dose is in the next 6hrs (at least half bread is better than chinchin), she took 24ml at the next dose and gulped it all at the next one. I complained again abbot's the timing was reduced to 4hrs but same 30ml, I complained that its not enough that she's dehydrated and its the reason she started having fever (her temp would rise to 38.5 in the afternoon) then the pead said we should express and give her when she's hungry. I said OK but when she was hungry, I covered her with the blood of Jesus and sanctified the breast milk and gave her directly, that was what I did throughout the night, when the 2nd doctor came in the morning I told her what I did and she said okay, my main gynae came and caught us sucking then he monitored her breathing while feeding and said we should continue and that was how my angel whose body was almost drying up started regaining flesh gradually.. All this while the oxygen thingy was on and off so that her level will be monitored but she was placed on one more small tank.. Her afternoon rise in temperature still persisted and they had to change the antibiotics being given to her to some very painful ones which got us massive improvement. As of yesterday without man's oxygen, she was 93 and this morning her reading was 95. My baby is now looking like a baby. Her naming was done in our ward (we are the only occupants) this morning with just 4 of us in attendance (DH, self, MIL & our senior pastor).

Thanks to everyone who made my stay in this preggers group eventful, it was worth it..
Thanks to my DH too (we were preggy together), even in this our hospital omugwo, I comot cap for him.. Sometimes he looks at the baby especially when her vitals goes low and feels like crying but just man up, me I cried when temperature refused to go down and I was like God has given you to us and won't take you away from us and by the grace of God we will be going home tomorrow.

I pray God will deliver all mums here safely without complications by His grace and bless the womb of every GTC mums with their own testimonies..
Please manage this small story of my life...

Cc Cappo Expectantmom

What a detailed BS..
Congratulations once again teamie Omakraid..
May your joy be permanent..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourishing19(f): 2:59pm On May 24, 2022
Congratulations, ma'am. May God watch over you all.
breeezefe:
BA BA BA

The lord's doing is marvellous in our sight because he keeps doing great things.

My warrior arrived on 20th May, 2022 @ 12:10am.

It's been one hell of a week. But God is faithful.
@May cappo, sorry for the late BA. BS will come shortly.

To the rest of the mamas, I pray God to continue to make this journey a pleasant and stress free one IJN. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 3:01pm On May 24, 2022
To my June mamas and other FTM

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ggNaturalCure: 3:03pm On May 24, 2022
This Topic really help Pregnant women to know what to eat and what to avoid during pregnancy to avoid miscarriage and developmental defects in unborn

Am blessed to watch this as a pregnant woman and am recommending this video for pregnant folks like me.

It really helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzrjZsgSOYM

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 4:06pm On May 24, 2022
Ihavethingstodo:
@Omakraid..

Your BS got me saying God!God!God! cry cry,infact I don't really know what to say!!

You are a very strong woman.....and I really bless God for your testimony!!!

God is just faithful and He will keep protecting and taking care of you, LO and family Amen!
Thank you very much ma. Amen to the prayer and safe delivery to you and other waddling mamas

Bennytwin:
Congrats Expectantmom and Omakraid!
God is always in the business of doing good!!!
I am so elated for you all mamas
Congrats everyone.
Keep the BS coming! E dey sweet jare
Thanks mama, God is always faithful

pearlyboo:

Thank God for this victory over satan. What's done by God cant be undone by anyone. Welcome sweet baby. May you be a source of joy to ur parents and everyone else around you. Omakraid, God is your strength, He ll see you through in the days ahead.
Amen ma and you too. Victory will always be ours in Jesus name

Niyyah:

Wow what a BS! Congratulations to you and yours once again, may the joy be permanent lagbara olohun! Aameen.
Your bs made me so emotional and brought back memories. Exactly what happened when I miscarried my pregnancies, after TTCing for a while.
The first one I had a dream, I woke up to use the toilet and saw blood! Which was exactly what happened. The second one, I dreamt I miscarried again and when I woke up... a fi bi edi, found out I was constipated, so I strained so hard(like I didn't know what I was thinking), and I passed my baby out in the toilet and that was it! I still can't stop blaming myself for that.
That was when dh and I realised, it was TIME to move closer to God and fight this battle. Thankfully we did, and I got pregnant with my rainbow baby, 2/3weeks after the last miscarriage! No af, nothing!And here we are with number 3!
Ehugs to you mama and kiss kiss to the princess. Ogun to ti she koni gberi mo lagbara olohun. Aameen.

Congratulations to all the new mamas, may God bless the little ones and make the rest of the journey easy for the waddling mamas. Aameen!
Amin ooo, eshey ma. Thanks to God for always fighting our battles

GracieN:

What a detailed BS..
Congratulations once again teamie Omakraid..
May your joy be permanent..
Amen mama, thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Amakapritty(f): 5:04pm On May 24, 2022
Hi mamas when is it right to start buying baby things
Should it be after I know baby gender?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Expectantmom: 5:23pm On May 24, 2022
Bennytwin:
Congrats Expectantmom and Omakraid!
God is always in the business of doing good!!!
I am so elated for you all mamas
Congrats everyone.
Keep the BS coming! E dey sweet jare
Thanks mama. God bless
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MigeoFoods(f): 5:31pm On May 24, 2022
Gestational diabetes is one of the pregnancy complications if not properly handled can be FATAL

JOIN OUR FREE SEMINAR TO KNOW WAYS TO CONTROL GESTATIONAL DIABETES!!!
This seminar is for every pregnant woman

TAG EVERY PREGNANT WOMAN YOU KNOW

SEND “JOIN” to WhatsApp 08065784139 to be part of it

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 5:47pm On May 24, 2022
Amakapritty:
Anytime you want so far as you are strong.

If you know your baby sex it will be more easier to choose the cloths..

But if yo ure team suprise you can buy unisex
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 6:38pm On May 24, 2022
These Braxton Hicks ehn! They make me literally breathless.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 6:50pm On May 24, 2022
Amakapritty:

You can start buying before you know the gender, I have bought some sleep suits but I don’t know the gender yet.. some essentials are not gender specific too so you can get them

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StarryV(f): 7:04pm On May 24, 2022
Amakapritty:
My dear start picking them small small o. Please don't wait till you know baby's gender. If you're a First Time Mum like me, you have a long way to go in baby shopping. Me I started at 13weeks grin lol. There are items that are not determined by baby's gender(Like baby bed, wardrobe, washing hanger, clips, flask, feeding set etc...) You can start with those ones alongside the hospital list. That was what I did. It was even this month I got to know my baby's gender, then I just added few gender determined items (like going home outfit, hair band etc..) Na so I do my own shopping o and by God's grace I've bought over 90% of the items in my list (hospital list inclusive). Just start first. 9 months is not that far o. Before you know it, Fiaaaaam! baby is here. So that you wouldn't need to rush everything in the last minute and moreso money isn't always our friend.

Follow thou my footsteps and thou shall enjoy thy peace of mind grin

NB: I'm team August cool

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 7:11pm On May 24, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

Very scary to me too during my first...once I notice it especially if am lieing down,I will just Stand up nd walk

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 8:19pm On May 24, 2022
shiller:

Very scary to me too during my first...once I notice it especially if am lieing down,I will just Stand up nd walk
Won't it cum back if U lie down again? Mine do cum back if I lie down again, I had to sit down and sleep on chair for a while yesternight
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 8:44pm On May 24, 2022
[quote author=TOHHAN post=113140477]
Won't it cum back if U lie down again? Mine do cum back if I lie down again, I had to sit down and sleep on chair for a while yesternight[/quote
It will come ooo,just at that moment I don't like the site of how it shrinks my belly..

Buh not when am sleeping or at night ,where I wan waka go grin

How long will you even sleep on a chair,its unavoidable
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 9:15pm On May 24, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
when I was complaining about mine back to back on Sunday am sure you were looking at me some how grin I was getting scared cos once I lie down, phiiiaaam, this thing will start again, please henjoy it grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 9:28pm On May 24, 2022
Layormiii:
when I was complaining about mine back to back on Sunday am sure you were looking at me some how grin I was getting scared cos once I lie down, phiiiaaam, this thing will start again, please henjoy it grin
Dat tin don't even want sumone to lie down atall, attyms it hold me wit back waist and d left syd of my rib. Am seriously imagining hw labour pain ll b like again o. I sha knw God ll c us tru and we ll gv our testimony, let keep enjoying it grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Lemonadewifey: 12:23am On May 25, 2022
Congratulations mama omakraid on the birth of your precious. May God continue to perfect all that concerns your family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vic4real22: 5:52am On May 25, 2022
Wow, what a strong woman, plenty congratulations to mama, pls which of the hospital did you use?

Omakraid:
BS! BS!! BS!!
Get ready, it's going to be a verrrryyyyyyyyy long ride...

Been TTCing since we got married but we had issues with doing the do as hubby was a V (innocent bro) so we just dropped baby issues jare until people started asking questions (his people o) so we resumed trying. Fast forward to 2020 around August, I missed my p and ignorantly washed off my baby with the delicious, well flavoured zobo I prepared myself undecided.. I had terrible cramps and passed out tissue, the blood wasn't here (that was the last time I tasted zobo till this month).. I had infection, treated it and we continued trying...

Nov 2020, started having weird dreams of bleeding. Like I would dream I'm sharing the good news of pregnancy with hubby and in that same dream I would start bleeding and the next day in real life I would start bleeding (the exact consistency and volume of blood would be just as it is in the dream) . Didn't take it serious that Nov until it happened Dec, I started waking up in prayers, Jan same and I told hubby and we started battling it together, Same February (what's going on we've been praying na) but we did not relent. March came and it was as if my prayer would never be answered but God did answer. I had a dream where I was on a bed in a strange room and while wondering why I was there I saw ropes on the floor and a candle lit by the bed.. I decided to burn the ropes gradually with the fire from the candle but while about to do that a strange hand grabbed the rope and was holding what it called my womb, turned it upside down to drain the content and was trying to tie it in my presence. I started praying and calling the blood of Jesus in that dream and the hand dropped all and disappeared. That was our victory though I know there'll always be battles.

God answered us with my March LMP/April ovulation but hubby and I treated Staph Aureus just after I ovulated (I told the doctor that I just finished ovulating but he said I shouldn't worry) and took very strong injections which I think caused the MC I had in June, I also had recurrent fever (which I was scared to treat) so I don't know which one in particular caused it. The foetus dropped in my toilet after terrible hours of pain and I dipped my hand, brought it out and took it to the hospital where I was sent for scan which showed remnants that needed to be expelled (I remember also asking questions and posting the picture here). After the painful evacuation, I didn't even have power to cry or brood though my heart was heavy, I just wanted to move on and I gave thanks to God because He did it and would do another. I went to work the next day as I didn't have strength to sit and let the devil bring in unholy thoughts into my heart even though I was still in pain from the evacuation but anything asides sitting at home was better for me.

‌My mind was also made up to start immediately even though Google said whatever. I went for a scan which showed infection after I completed the antibiotics given at the hospital and I got another set of drugs which cleared me and we started again. God came through with the July LMP and here we are..

First trimester was with mild symptoms, no vomiting or spitting except that I was always feverish which I ran quickly to get a test done at 8 weeks and it was discovered to be typhoid but my doctor treated both typhoid and malaria and also placed me on duphaston.... Around 11 weeks I started going everywhere with two food flasks, it was as if I would die if I didn't eat. Also had this terrible cough they would cause pain in my ribs, drugs didn't work but thank God, honey and warm water did. Registered for antenatal at 16 weeks and I was given Amalar, prenatals and my first TT injection and that was when my woes started.. The prenatals got me into a vomiting spree (I think it's cos I used them together instead of using them at separate times) and even when not used. Sometimes I'd just be feeling sick and feel like putting my hands in my throat to empty my belly.. My appetite also dropped from 2 food flasks to 1 and I was also managing myself while watching my weight cos I was almost breaking their scale at the hospital (me that use to be tiny)... The doctor would also wondered why I don't usually have complaints whenever I meet him cos plenty scans even before pregnancy said there's fibroid somewhere (but e no concern me, me I no get am) and he said the fibroid he thought would disturb me isn't disturbing, I didn't even answer as I know I don't have it. Heartburn was the order of the day cos rice o, swallow o, fruits o, even water o gives me heartburn.

Third trimester knocked with pelvic pains, plenty heat, blackness on my neck with plenty rashes, cough and little cravings... I never get satisfied if what I eat is not what I'm craving but I managed around it as money was overflowing to be eating cravings up and down (irony). Mind you I was still very active at work with climbing of stairs as the order of the day.. FF to 36 weeks and I had this terrible cough induced Rib-like contractions, i couldn't do anything but groan like one in labour (mhen what kind of labour happens in the ribs), had an x-ray done, there was nothing so I was given injections and pain reliefs..
Was very hopeful that labour would start before 40 weeks but for where, no show oo. Zeal to exercise went down to zero though i still took walking serious, dem say pineapple and dates dey help, me na so so mango I dey buy, how I go con do na? Doc said he'd sweep me at 39 wks, I no remind am thinking labour will start before 40wks, lailai. I had the sweep at week 40 and was hopeful of positivity. 40wks 2dys, saw mucus plug and was left hanging again. Did all I could do so I don't end up getting to the 41 weeks but it seemed my baby was enjoying the taste of the mangoes I was always taking. Took dates, pineapple, zobo yet there was no painful contraction just the braxton hicks... I called my doctor he said I'll come in for induction that Saturday but we couldn't go in on Saturday so we went on Sunday @41wks 1dy as I didn't fall into labour at all... That morning I was feeling this deceitful painful contraction and I called the doctor, he told me to come to the hospital that I'm not going back home without my baby.. Hubby and I left in the evening. On getting there my vitals were checked and my cervix was checked, cervix hasn't started opening (Yeeh), The doctor lectured DH about induction and how it sometimes ends so that he can be open to the outcome, he then broke Misoprostol into 4 and put a very tiny piece inside somewhere I can't remember the name after which he told the 2nd doc to check for dilation by 1:30am (Monday after 6 hours). I went back to the ward, I was exercising while gisting with hubby and when I was tired I laid down.. Wanted to pee but discovered I couldn't so I told the 2nd doctor who inserted my catheter and a urine bag. Lest I forgot, I also saw blood while in the hospital there.
Baby's heartbeat was also being checked frequently and it was consistently OK until around 1am when it was checked again, it started well but suddenly started dropping and becoming faint. My gynae was called and he came in immediately checked me and I was only 2cm dilated after 6hrs of groaning, he checked the heartbeat too and we all heard it. He told us we have to go straight into the theater as the baby’s life is very important right now.... Sharp sharp I was shaved and headed to the theatre even when hubby hadn't finished signing the consent form(since he had consented with his mouth).. Entering the theatre and lying down, everyone got busy that was when Gen went off, the doctor shouted what happened (the one who ought to get fuel didn't remember to get it, their solar too didn't come on and I heard him tell everyone one to bring out their phones. I was given general anaesthesia so I didn't know what happened again.. Hubby witnessed all cos I had already spoken to the doctor thinking it would be VD and I had also told him to behave himself so he's not sent out. So he was allowed to stay and watch through the curtain partition in the theater.

I woke up in the ward feeling dizzy and asking for my head and hand to be adjusted, I was seeing hubby faintly and he was telling me the baby is here with joy oo but I kept requesting for adjustment. I forgot I was there to give birth, it was later when my brain processed the whole thing I remembered and asked him for a picture of our baby which he showed.. It was when my brain was clearer that he told me of how the baby was brought out not breathing and the doctor had to start blowing air and tapping her seriously. He said the doctor repeated the action again and again until she cried or is it whimpered but with the way she was breathing, her respiratory tract had been blocked by whatever she swallowed and on her own she cant supply her body oxygen that will go round so she needed to be assisted using oxygen. She finished up 3 small tanks and continued with the biggest oxygen tank as her level on and off the tank was being monitored, no food or glucose water sef cos they said they didn't want anything interrupting her airways due to the was she was breathing.. She was just getting skinny and skinny, always crying that I had to use pacifier to keep her calm sometimes (baby that came out weighing 2.5kg oo)

Before, during and after the whole thing, they didn't even request for deposit until Tuesday afternoon when they wanted to bring in a paediatrician to also check her. Her Oxygen level increased from lass than 40 to 46 to 60 something and 70 something... The paediatrician said until we get to 93 and above and it remains consistent without her being on oxygen, we go nowhere... After much complaints of how skinny she is and that her cry that can wake a small village, I was eventually told to express milk in her cup from which 30ml was measured and she took 22ml. Next dose is in the next 6hrs (at least half bread is better than chinchin), she took 24ml at the next dose and gulped it all at the next one. I complained again abbot's the timing was reduced to 4hrs but same 30ml, I complained that its not enough that she's dehydrated and its the reason she started having fever (her temp would rise to 38.5 in the afternoon) then the pead said we should express and give her when she's hungry. I said OK but when she was hungry, I covered her with the blood of Jesus and sanctified the breast milk and gave her directly, that was what I did throughout the night, when the 2nd doctor came in the morning I told her what I did and she said okay, my main gynae came and caught us sucking then he monitored her breathing while feeding and said we should continue and that was how my angel whose body was almost drying up started regaining flesh gradually.. All this while the oxygen thingy was on and off so that her level will be monitored but she was placed on one more small tank.. Her afternoon rise in temperature still persisted and they had to change the antibiotics being given to her to some very painful ones which got us massive improvement. As of yesterday without man's oxygen, she was 93 and this morning her reading was 95. My baby is now looking like a baby. Her naming was done in our ward (we are the only occupants) this morning with just 4 of us in attendance (DH, self, MIL & our senior pastor).

Thanks to everyone who made my stay in this preggers group eventful, it was worth it..
Thanks to my DH too (we were preggy together), even in this our hospital omugwo, I comot cap for him.. Sometimes he looks at the baby especially when her vitals goes low and feels like crying but just man up, me I cried when temperature refused to go down and I was like God has given you to us and won't take you away from us and by the grace of God we will be going home tomorrow.

I pray God will deliver all mums here safely without complications by His grace and bless the womb of every GTC mums with their own testimonies..
Please manage this small story of my life...

Cc Cappo Expectantmom

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mjblinks(f): 6:06am On May 25, 2022
BS ALERT

After some years of TTC from being told that pcos, prolactin then hormonal imbalance. God decided to smile on us through Eek fertility (not an advert but bitter truth after English medicine refuse to work). We fasted, prayed, i work on my diet and lose some weight.

First and second trimester was so sweet, no vomit, no morning sickness but I eat sha.
Third trimester came with left rib pain without a cure but left after given birth.

During one of my antenatal visit, Dr said everything is fine with me but I will do VE to check for pelvic and if everything is fine, when I see labour signs, I should come to the hospital. But it was unfortunate that my pelvic was very small. I was shouting and crying all through the VE. So I was advised to do CS that if I insist on birthing the child through virginal that when the baby get to the pelvic he will be stuck and I will end up with emergency CS.

So we were told to do pelvimetry scan abi xray to confirm the pelvic. To cut the long story short, a date was fix and My Crown was brought out with him crying, pooping and weeing on me in the theater by 8.30am.

I was a bit conscious around after 9 asking different questions. Is my baby perfect, is all his body perfect, hope no issue. And I was told that He was perfect and no issue. Guess what, he came with plenty hair but is Prenatal that I use sha.

My husband has started telling people that I have given birth. In my mind, Oga wait na, let me be strong first na. The next day I started moving around and climbing staircase because I heard that the earlier you walk around the faster you heal. But my people in that night I was in pain ooo. Then I was told that I would have walk only that even if my body tell me that I am strong, I should do everything in moderation. I was given injection of pain killer abi sleeping injection. All I know is that I slept off.

We were discharge after 3 days. Vigilante is real and he can suck for Africa. But my only problem is that he sleep off and don't belch after sucking. This make him bring the milk from mouth or noise.

To the remaining preggie Mama, you shall all deliver safely with mother and child alive.
To my TTC mama, never give up hope because God is still in the business of blessing all womb with children. You shall all conceive and carry your joy in Jesus name. I know, the question is always when will that time come. Hang it there mama Soon.

Expectantmom cappo, BS submited.

48 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 6:41am On May 25, 2022
mjblinks:
BS ALERT

After some years of TTC from being told that pcos, prolactin then hormonal imbalance. God decided to smile on us through Eek fertility (not an advert but bitter truth after English medicine refuse to work). We fasted, prayed, i work on my diet and lose some weight.

First and second trimester was so sweet, no vomit, no morning sickness but I eat sha.
Third trimester came with left rib pain without a cure but left after given birth.

During one of my antenatal visit, Dr said everything is fine with me but I will do VE to check for pelvic and if everything is fine, when I see labour signs, I should come to the hospital. But it was unfortunate that my pelvic was very small. I was shouting and crying all through the VE. So I was advised to do CS that if I insist on birthing the child through virginal that when the baby get to the pelvic he will be stuck and I will end up with emergency CS.

We were discharge after 3 days. Vigilante is real and he can suck for Africa. But my only problem is that he sleep off and don't belch after sucking. This make him bring the milk from mouth or noise.

To the remaining preggie Mama, you shall all deliver safely with mother and child alive.
To my TTC mama, never give up hope because God is still in the business of blessing all womb with children. You shall all conceive and carry your joy in Jesus name. I know, the question is always when will that time come. Hang it there mama Soon.

Congratulations mama, May God’s name be praised.. please after feeding him, you will have to rub his back till he belches, that’s how it’s done even if he sleeps off while breastfeeding, you have to do it before you lay him down..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by GracieN(f): 7:09am On May 25, 2022
BA! BA!!

My bouncing baby boy came on Monday via VD weighing 3.1kg.
EDD - 25/5/22
DOB - 23/5/22
SEX - XY

Cc: May Cappo Expectantmom

34 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 7:21am On May 25, 2022
mjblinks:
BS ALERT

cappo, BS submited.

Congratulations mama, thank God for safe delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 7:22am On May 25, 2022
GracieN:
BA! BA!!

EDD - 25/5/22
DOB - 23/5/22
SEX - XY

Congratulations dear. God bless and keep him.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 7:39am On May 25, 2022
GracieN:
BA! BA!!

EDD - 25/5/22
DOB - 23/5/22
SEX - XY

Congratulations mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 7:48am On May 25, 2022
Lemonadewifey:
Congratulations mama omakraid on the birth of your precious. May God continue to perfect all that concerns your family.
Amen ma, thank you so much

vic4real22:
Wow, what a strong woman, plenty congratulations to mama, pls which of the hospital did you use?

Thank you ma, I use a private hospital here in Nasarawa

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:08am On May 25, 2022
TOHHAN:

Dat tin don't even want sumone to lie down atall, attyms it hold me wit back waist and d left syd of my rib. Am seriously imagining hw labour pain ll b like again o. I sha knw God ll c us tru and we ll gv our testimony, let keep enjoying it grin
Enjoy your experience oo mama, I wish I had this types of braxton hicks you people are describing, maybe it would have been easier to switch to labour.. But my braxton hicks sef is fake, very very mild, e no dey hold me...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:12am On May 25, 2022
mjblinks:
BS ALERT

So we were told to do pelvimetry scan abi xray to confirm the pelvic. To cut the long story short, a date was fix and My Crown was brought out with him crying, pooping and weeing on me in the theater by 8.30am.

I was a bit conscious around after 9 asking different questions. Is my baby perfect, is all his body perfect, hope no issue. And I was told that He was perfect and no issue. Guess what, he came with plenty hair but is Prenatal that I use sha.

My husband has started telling people that I have given birth. In my mind, Oga wait na, let me be strong first na. The next day I started moving around and climbing staircase because I heard that the earlier you walk around the faster you heal. But my people in that night I was in pain ooo. Then I was told that I would have walk only that even if my body tell me that I am strong, I should do everything in moderation. I was given injection of pain killer abi sleeping injection. All I know is that I slept off.

Congratulations again teamie...
Even if LO sleeps during feeding, make sure you tilt him to a sitting like position and run his back till he burps... Abeg how you dey manage your nipple cos mine is on fire
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:27am On May 25, 2022
GracieN:
BA! BA!!

EDD - 25/5/22
DOB - 23/5/22
SEX - XY

Congratulations teamie, May He be a continual source of joy to your family

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mandela89(f): 8:37am On May 25, 2022
GracieN:
BA! BA!!

EDD - 25/5/22
DOB - 23/5/22
SEX - XY

congrats teamie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mummytoo: 10:29am On May 25, 2022
GracieN:
BA! BA!!

EDD - 25/5/22
DOB - 23/5/22
SEX - XY

Congratulations❤
God bless your home

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6630) (6631) (6632) (6633) (6634) (6635) (6636) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.