Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8161987 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6634) (6635) (6636) (6637) (6638) (6639) (6640) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 9:27pm On May 26, 2022
Layormiii:
it's tempting oo grin but make I push am enter June jeje, thanks for the invitation grin nah Tohan I think say go port o. Lol
Mummy baby shey mumsy is pressing you well ehn..
U don forget say na same date we gt? Am even tempted to buy dates and pineapple but step back because I don't wanna port. I don beg pikin make e wait till June 1 if he's planning of porting but honestly, U ll advice me to port if U c hw big my leg r nw and how this false contraction is dealing wit me and I don't wanna go for maternity leave yt.

What of that mama twins in our team, she no wan port?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 9:57pm On May 26, 2022
Layormiii:
it's tempting oo grin but make I push am enter June jeje, thanks for the invitation grin nah Tohan I think say go port o. Lol
Mummy baby shey mumsy is pressing you well ehn..
No pressing for Cs, only asked her to massage hands and back for me but she sef get hot water phobia

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 10:00pm On May 26, 2022
MorningStar233:

Thanks mama, as my tata has decided to use me to catch cruise nau no wahala. This minute I'm having severe cramp, dizziness and all the period like symptoms next minute I am strong kakaraka... Huhhhh. I no even know how the labour go come be.
it is well with you ma, God will see you through and make it very easy for you

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 10:40pm On May 26, 2022
Omakraid:
it is well with you ma, God will see you through and make it very easy for you

Amen ma
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmNuhRegular(m): 12:04am On May 27, 2022
Hi everyone, hope we're all good..

Just wanted to ask, for mums with fibroids.... Do you you feel the fibroid change positions sometimes...

I believe sometimes when the baby moves, it pushes the fibroid... Cuz sometimes I notice it is in a different position from time to time

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Yinbridge: 1:58am On May 27, 2022
Hello mamas... been a while here, lots of rollacoaster but glad toinform you that my baby boy came on 24th May 2022 as against 31st May after 36hrs of induction/ labour.

Please bear with me as BS may come late Had to relocate to a new country so settling down with baby and family hadn't been easy. We just also got discharged today.

BS will definitely come abeg just take this my BA for now

36 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vic4real22: 2:24am On May 27, 2022
Yinbridge:
Hello mamas... been a while here, lots of rollacoaster but glad toinform you that my baby boy came on 24th May 2022 as against 31st May after 36hrs of induction/ labour.

Please bear with me as BS may come late Had to relocate to a new country so settling down with baby and family hadn't been easy. We just also got discharged today.
Congratulations to mama, ur new baby is blessed in Jesus name.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 5:28am On May 27, 2022
cinderellashoes:

I was pressed with hot water over two weeks and I don't know why the bleeding stopped so quick. As for the belly wrinkles, none of the women in my family experienced it, maybe that's why I didn't too.

Modified:
I just remembered that at ATG (ask the gynecologist) group on Facebook, the doctors says pressing is not needed and that no need for hot water drinking or pressing too. They say the uterus will go back to its normal size as long as you do EBF. There have been so much debates over it.

Modified again:
I have hormonal imbalance, maybe that's the reason the bleeding stopped early? I don't know.

I read that too on ATG. I'm thinking it could be body differences because after bleeding stops I usually don't menstrate until I wean my babies.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 5:32am On May 27, 2022
cinderellashoes:

I like the warm cloth pressing, maybe because it helps me sleep well and makes my body feel so relaxed. grin grin grin but that sitting on steam is not easy sad

I learned we should run away from that steam o. Instead do a sitz bath with just warm water mixed with salt and dettol/purit. It makes episiotomy heals fast while steam aggravates it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MGeey(f): 5:40am On May 27, 2022
Yinbridge:

Congratulations mama. God bless your little one and entire family. I'm intrigued o, how did you manage relocation with pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fairygeh(f): 6:07am On May 27, 2022
Expectantmom:
Birth Alert!!!

I gave birth to my handsome Prince on 20th May at exactly 8:20pm through vagina delivery with plenty of tears weighing 2.9kg after about more than 12 hours of labor.
May the God of perfection who has done it for me and other mamas surely deliver our remaining mothers in prefect conditions.
BTW, my labour was rigorous and painful as hell maybe because it was my first time therefore, I'll be dropping my BS much later.
Congratulations. May God bless and keep the baby So so happy for you
I remember when you announced your BFP and all.May God remember all the others in waiting room including myself.
Today being Children's day,I prophecy into my life that I shall sing my song and dance my dance too very soon as God liveth.
AMEN

25 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TiffanyJ(f): 7:08am On May 27, 2022
December teamies, how far now? Morning sickness don Dy vamoos or e still Dy do some of us strong thing? As for me, I will always thank God o, I never had any morning sickness or vomiting with my first and this second one too nothing like such. Let's remember to eat well. Second trimester will soon come knocking. Infact, some of us for don enter second trimester already.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:13am On May 27, 2022
Yinbridge:

Congratulations teamie, thank God for safe delivery and God bless your Prince. Take your time and settle down but don't forget us oo cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 1stymom(f): 8:30am On May 27, 2022
Layormiii:
Mamas with their belly just shooting out, just respect yourself and buy coconut oil (walk into any baby shop and buy it) and start using lavishly on your tommy and breast to avoid stretch mark.
I am 9months preggy and ders no single stretch on my belly. Only on my bumbum (black strong annoying ones) and that's because I didn't rub oil on it cry

Good morning Mama... Pls, how many times did you take antimalarial drugs?

Is it 3stages or 4?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:47am On May 27, 2022
MGeey:

I learned we should run away from that steam o. Instead do a sitz bath with just warm water mixed with salt and dettol/purit. It makes episiotomy heals fast while steam aggravates it.
well me i didnt sit on any warm salt dettol water n i healed fast n d place even feel tighter , wen i did dis wit my first, i suffered from severe skin fungi infection around my thigh not far frm my vj, so i avoided it dis time around cs my midwife said i dnt nid to do dt cs my body will heal by itsef, didnt tk antibiotics too n guess wat? I healedup within a week n my belly too is bk to normal... N no stomach pouch is in sight... We just dey suffer ourselves 4 naija with yamayama trad... I c it as punishment.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 8:52am On May 27, 2022
MGeey:

I read that too on ATG. I'm thinking it could be body differences because after bleeding stops I usually don't menstrate until I wean my babies.

Okay, I guess so. Period came on the day baby clocked 6 months.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 8:55am On May 27, 2022
MGeey:

Stretch marks does not cause the wrinkling. When your belly is overstretched by 2 or more pregnancies and you exercise to lose the belly fat, they'll be wrinkling though not everyone experience it.

Bleeding stopping 4 days post delivery is not good (I stand to be corrected though). They say the bad blood needs to be expelled and that's why the belly is pressed with hot water. I blend for 6 weeks after VD of my first. Second was via CS and I bled for about 2 weeks.

As for strecth marks, some people say shea butter works. I haven't had it on my belly before just black ones on my back that clears by itself after pregnancy.
. Exactly, i didnt ve stretchmark wit my first n i have just little tiny once down below my belly now but not much, i am very sure i am gonna ve more wen i get pregnant with my third... It is skin n ut stretches, so its ment to ve stretchmark... Boiling water isn't d cost... If it is boiling water all my body shld ve being screaming of stretchmark cs i shower wit hot water everyday.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 9:02am On May 27, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

Cleaning of nipples should be in the last few weeks of pregnancy. It can stimulate uterine contractions, that's why it's one of the ways to induce labor.

I personally avoid it because my last two babies and this one, any type causes serious contractions for me till I'm ready for baby to come.
Ah yes its true, it can cause early labour reason y i avoided it but i suffer d consequence when wn my boy arrived cs milk refused to come out 4 5days... It wasnt lik dt wit my first bcs i do clean everyday n milk came out d day i gave birth to him but trust me everytime i clean my nipple i alwz hv dis bracxton kicks contractn.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 9:05am On May 27, 2022
We all have different body types. This is my third baby and I don't have a single stretch marks on my tummy, and I've never used any oil or cream on it, not even once. Infact I don't use body cream once I'm pregnant coz it smells to me. But I've had black ones on my bum since secondary school days.

What I'm saying is know your body and treat it accordingly. If you start having stretch marks, Shea butter, coconut oil are some of the best options I know, but if your body is the type that will have it, it will still continue.

Love yourself like that. You are already a super woman for growing a full human for nine months.

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 9:08am On May 27, 2022
kokaiye:
Ah yes its true, it can cause early labour reason y i avoided it but i suffer d consequence when wn my boy arrived cs milk refused to come out 4 5days... It wasnt lik dt wit my first bcs i do clean everyday n milk came out d day i gave birth to him but trust me everytime i clean my nipple i alwz hv dis bracxton kicks contractn.
I think 35 weeks old be safe enough for daily cleaning in this case.

I clean like once a week and I see the colostrum whenever I do so. I just hate the pains that comes with the contractions after doing that.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 9:11am On May 27, 2022
1stymom:

Good morning Mama... Pls, how many times did you take antimalarial drugs?

Is it 3stages or 4?
three miserable times lol
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 1stymom(f): 9:16am On May 27, 2022
Layormiii:
three miserable times lol

cheesy.... I took one around Feb, was told I'll take another within a month interval... Did around April.. When I went for antenatal I was asked to take another this month but couldn't bring myself to cos it's somehow close and I want to be sure about the number of times to do so during pregnancy... That means I'll wait till 3rd trimester. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LUGBE: 9:17am On May 27, 2022
As i stated, shear butter and coconut oil does so many functions when in use in the nipple, one of such is cleaning of the nipples and making the nipples visible because in some women they cant see their nipples. Nipple cleaning can be done at any time. If you choise to do yours after delivery or in the delivery room is uour choice but i am the one that stated coconut oil is used for cleaning nipples. That it stimulates uterine contractions in your system does not mean it does so that another mother. What affects you must not affect others and what works for you must not work for others.

Hamzashaf99:

Cleaning of nipples should be in the last few weeks of pregnancy. It can stimulate uterine contractions, that's why it's one of the ways to induce labor.

I personally avoid it because my last two babies and this one, any type causes serious contractions for me till I'm ready for baby to come.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmNuhRegular(m): 9:25am On May 27, 2022
Good morning everyone..

Please my questions are a lot I know, bear with me grin

I also want to know at what time did you take Tetanus vaccine during pregnancy..
. The private hospital I registered with never mentioned it until I went to the general hospital yesterday where they prescribed it for me.

Also, does anyone really have a list of baby items to buy.. If so, could you share it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 9:33am On May 27, 2022
Yinbridge:

Congratulations mama, God bless you and Lo.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 9:36am On May 27, 2022
LUGBE:
As i stated, shear butter and coconut oil does so many functions when in use in the nipple, one of such is cleaning of the nipples and making the nipples visible because in some women they cant see their nipples. Nipple cleaning can be done at any time. If you choise to do yours after delivery or in the delivery room is uour choice but i am the one that stated coconut oil is used for cleaning nipples. That it stimulates uterine contractions in your system does not mean it does so that another mother. What affects you must not affect others and what works for you must not work for others.
Best is to just know what works for you.
Personally, my nipple cleaning is always at birth cos the pain I hv in my nipples throughout pregnancy is not easy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 9:39am On May 27, 2022
Hamzashaf99:
We all have different body types. This is my third baby and I don't have a single stretch marks on my tummy, and I've never used any oil or cream on it, not even once. Infact I don't use body cream once I'm pregnant coz it smells to me. But I've had black ones on my bum since secondary school days.

What I'm saying is know your body and treat it accordingly. If you start having stretch marks, Shea butter, coconut oil are some of the best options I know, but if your body is the type that will have it, it will still continue.

Love yourself like that. You are already a super woman for growing a full human for nine months.
Didn't know about Shea butter or coconut with my first, but even all the bio-oil I was buying then, I still had stretch marks.;Second time around, I used blue seal throughout and no new ones came out, this one too no new stretch marks but the old ones from my first are still visible and nothing seems to help it
Any suggestions?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennykoko3009(f): 9:43am On May 27, 2022
preggy mamas, una dooh!!
let me drop this informative writeup about lochia(postpartum bleeding), it might be helpful esp ftm. click on the link and read up, I would have screenshot but e plenty. good a.m

https://www./askthegynaecologist/permalink/5158948904217570/?app=fbl

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 9:58am On May 27, 2022
Sassy256:

Didn't know about Shea butter or coconut with my first, but even all the bio-oil I was buying then, I still had stretch marks.;Second time around, I used blue seal throughout and no new ones came out, this one too no new stretch marks but the old ones from my first are still visible and nothing seems to help it
Any suggestions?

Suggestions on what to use to clear the old ones? I’m not sure anything works apart from laser treatment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 10:00am On May 27, 2022
Hamzashaf99:

I think 35 weeks old be safe enough for daily cleaning in this case.

I clean like once a week and I see the colostrum whenever I do so. I just hate the pains that comes with the contractions after doing that.

Do you press your boobs when you clean? I’m asking because you said you see the colostrum when you clean

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by voucher(f): 10:11am On May 27, 2022
I had stretch marks with my first though they appeared late, I can’t remember if i got new ones with my second but i still have stretch marks on my stomach now.. i don’t know if there’s still space for new ones but i will start using coconut oil so I don’t feel left out, this one everyone is using biko . sad

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sassy256(f): 10:20am On May 27, 2022
My August teamies,
We're waltzing into third trimester like this ooo.
Starryv you're there already, mama waistbead, how is u? Our silent teamies sure you're all doing great.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6634) (6635) (6636) (6637) (6638) (6639) (6640) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Hollyb(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.