Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,256 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8199437 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6640) (6641) (6642) (6643) (6644) (6645) (6646) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StephOkemini: 9:38am On May 31, 2022
ladyrachy:
July mamas how far the waddling ministry? Who else is experiencing vajaina wall pain oo,my own don' swell like pomo especially early in the morning.hope una don buy baby things reach 90% and hospital requirements. May God provide for us all,pls remember to take ur drugs ,do some little exercise in btwn and pray oooo

Amen... I'm not experiencing the vajaina wall pain but All I can say for now is that it is well...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Vivi01(f): 10:02am On May 31, 2022
Olaola56:
Hi mamas. I'm new here but a silent follower of this thread. I had a miscarriage at 9weeks which was said to be a blighted ovum.
Pls how long will it take for the bleeding to stop. I had serious cramps/contractions yesterday which makes it bexactly 8days, It was as if I was in labor. But it's stopped now but I still bleed.
Who has experienced this before and how long does bleeding take?
I'll be going to the hospital this weekend for follow up.

I haven't experience blighted ovum but I have had a miscarriage at 10 weeks before and I was given a tablet to expel the remaining retained product in the hospital ,after which I bleed for 10
days.Try and do a scan to check if there's any retained product ma

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Vivi01(f): 10:25am On May 31, 2022
StephOkemini:

Funny enough a woman also advised me to take this exact same mixture after baby comes... She said her aunty who's a midwife told her it will flush out all the stuff and make my tummy flat and I just said Ok... When I told MIL about it she advised not to... That the only thing she did after all her 6 children was to take slightly hot cup of water every morning, nothing else... she didn't tie her stomach, she didn't press it with hot water or even sit on hot water... she only drank hot water every morning and her stomach went back to being very flat... Even in her 60s now her stomach is still flat...

Hmmm we learn everyday thanks sis

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olaola56(f): 10:38am On May 31, 2022
Vivi01:

I haven't experience blighted ovum but I have had a miscarriage at 10 weeks before and I was given a tablet to expel the remaining retained product in the hospital ,after which I bleed for 10
days.Try and do a scan to check if there's any retained product ma

Thanks MA.
I'll be going for a follow up check up this week
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by StephOkemini: 10:41am On May 31, 2022
Mandela89:
Good day mama, I am in my 35 weeks, today at antenatal my bp is reading 140 and I did a urinalysis the result indicated a trace of protein in my urine. Please can anyone help me on how to reduce my bp and clear protein in my urine please

Good morning mama... How are you and LO doing...
Please I want to ask.. how was the high BP and the protein in your urine finally sorted?...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olaola56(f): 10:43am On May 31, 2022
Omakraid:

Sorry about the MC ma, did you go to the hospital for evacuation after it or you used a tab? If you didn't do any, you should go for evacuation to prevent residues and infections. Also if you used a tab, it might not expel all as I read from mamas that ended up having an evacuation done after taking the tab but it's not totally expelled...
If you did all the above, you should go for a pelvic scan to be sure there's no retained product of conception in the uterus...
Also if you did all the above, the blood will stop though I didn't bleed for up to 8 days cos I had an evacuation done immediately..

I was given a drug to insert and the doctor said the body will expelled all, was told to come this weekend for a follow up check.
I just want to know if it's normal for me to have cramps like real contraction for close to 2hrs.It was like I was in labor and was seeing blood clot at the same time.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Mandela89(f): 10:44am On May 31, 2022
StephOkemini:

Good morning mama... How are you and LO doing...
Please I want to ask.. how was the high BP and the protein in your urine finally sorted?...
doing good though have past due date. Still battling the BP though not too high the protein in urine has cleared
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ebowo(f): 10:53am On May 31, 2022
StarryV:
Ok ma. I'll do that ASAP. MIL was suggesting one liquid blood tonic like that. Chemiron or so. Me I'm not sure of if mbok. Will try out the Ugwu leaf. Thanks mama.

Get chemiron o,,,if u can't take d liquid u can go for d capsule....take 1 capsule every day, even if your pcv is ok u still need blood boosters to be on a safer side ,cos some ppl bleed alot during delivery...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mzMerci(f): 10:54am On May 31, 2022
Finallyyyyyyyyyyy, June begins tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve packed and repacked and I’m still going to repack my hospital bag grin my heart is so full.. I’m now 36 weeks! God is good to me! We’ll all have our babies alive and well by the special grace of God. Nothing missing or broken. Congratulations to us in advance.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 11:10am On May 31, 2022
What can be done for OS to open pls after water broke. Am hearing sumtin membrane or so
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 11:10am On May 31, 2022
GracieN:
BS! BS!!
I started having mild contractions around 3am on May 23rd so I couldn't sleep till day break.. I saw mucus plug just when we were about leaving home and my water broke on my way to the hospital .. The contractions increased .. Doctor did VE immediately I arrived at the hospital in the morning and said I was 5cm dilated. I was so happy.. I was moved into labour room, Contractions increased and the pain unbearable, I can't explain it .. VE was done again after few hours and I was moved into delivery room.. I was told to push as contraction was coming, but I was so tired to push..After several pushing, the midwife was like I will receive episiotomy ohh. I was like nooo, please don't give me episiotomy ohh., she had to take the scissors or whatever they use, before I could say don't cut me, she already did .. I pushed a few more times then baby finally came out ... I thought I was done with all the pains till they started stitching the episiotomy..I was shouting while they stitch..

BS submitted..Cc: May Cappo Expectantmom..

Safe delivery to other waddling Mamas and I pray God will answer the prayers of those TTC..

Congratulations Dearie....You DH and your LO are blessed.
The person stitching you was suppose to numb the area of your episiotomy before stitching....and you aren't suppose to feel such pain to the extent of screaming...
All these nurses sef!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 11:10am On May 31, 2022
Olaola56:

I was given a drug to insert and the doctor said the body will expelled all, was told to come this weekend for a follow up check.
I just want to know if it's normal for me to have cramps like real contraction for close to 2hrs.It was like I was in labor and was seeing blood clot at the same time.
When u done with the drugs as prescribed by the doctor, do another pelvic scan to confirm all is out, we did evacuation when it happened and it wasn't a nice experience, my wife bled for like 3days after, please if u decide to go for evacuation use a very trusted doctor to void by form of Injuries to the womb, after all of these if ur mum is still around go visit her, u will be treated like someone who just gave birth, that's exactly how ur body works, then take some antibiotics and rest, eat well, don't think, and then ur period will show up then u can start trying again..

This is me talking from experience!

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 11:40am On May 31, 2022
Olaola56:

Yes, Cramps/ contractions are totally normal after you take the pill cos the uterus has to contract to expel whatever is left inside of it. Same thing happened to me although I was contracting without any pill as my body had already started the process of expelling its content itself.
I was asked to come back in a few days for a pelvic scan to check if the uterus was empty. When I came back after a few days and did a scan, the noticed some residue was left in me & my doctor gave me two options...the pill or evacuation....My mum, a medical personnel adviced I go for evacuation cos if the pill fails and some residues are left, you will still be evacuated.

So pls when you go for the follow up appointment, do another scan to be sure.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by elega(f): 11:53am On May 31, 2022
Olaola56:

It's the drug that is making your uterus to contract in other to empty the retained product. But still see ur doctor for further explanation and examination.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 12:02pm On May 31, 2022
TOHHAN:
What can be done for OS to open pls after water broke. Am hearing sumtin membrane or so
Teamie is it time

I don't know the answer to ur question o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 12:02pm On May 31, 2022
mzMerci:
Finallyyyyyyyyyyy, June begins tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve packed and repacked and I’m still going to repack my hospital bag grin my heart is so full.. I’m now 36 weeks! God is good to me! We’ll all have our babies alive and well by the special grace of God. Nothing missing or broken. Congratulations to us in advance.
my heart is so full

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 12:09pm On May 31, 2022
GracieN:
BS! BS!!
I started having mild contractions around 3am on May 23rd so I couldn't sleep till day break.. I saw mucus plug just when we were about leaving home and my water broke on my way to the hospital .. The contractions increased .. Doctor did VE immediately I arrived at the hospital in the morning and said I was 5cm dilated. I was so happy.. I was moved into labour room, Contractions increased and the pain unbearable, I can't explain it .. VE was done again after few hours and I was moved into delivery room.. I was told to push as contraction was coming, but I was so tired to push..After several pushing, the midwife was like I will receive episiotomy ohh. I was like nooo, please don't give me episiotomy ohh., she had to take the scissors or whatever they use, before I could say don't cut me, she already did .. I pushed a few more times then baby finally came out ... I thought I was done with all the pains till they started stitching the episiotomy..I was shouting while they stitch..

BS submitted..Cc: May Cappo Expectantmom..

Safe delivery to other waddling Mamas and I pray God will answer the prayers of those TTC..
Congratulations Ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 12:13pm On May 31, 2022
mzMerci:

Congratulations to all the June Mama's in Advance oo..
July we are waiting

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 12:16pm On May 31, 2022
TOHHAN:
No idea

Hope you are in the hospital if your water don break ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Graciousgirl20(f): 12:47pm On May 31, 2022
Congratulations mama, how is Your CS wound? Have you healed....I'm battling with mine without healing... I put to bed April
Pojomojo:
Let me write my BS now that I’m fine and have the chance because I have not had good sleep for the past 3 weeks.

So I got married and TTC for 2yr. I was the only one TTC’ing cuz DH was fine but supported me all through the way.

1yr 6month was really daunting for me, thankfully, I saw the peoples doctor on IG because she helped figure out I wasn’t ovulating and gave me medication that didn't help, visited hospitals with DH several times, did hormonal profile test countless times,I did hsg,countless tests and triggered with hcg etc plus drugs and the journey began, I remember one test results showing anovulation, I usually cry whenever my period comes very trying times. I had to fast, pray and was very regular on Google searching. I went for several massage, it wasn't easy but it ended in praise.

August 2021, I wasn't feeling too well which was usual, I was expecting my flow, it didn't show, I decided to wait for till evening yet no show, na so I carry test kit........ Its was tears of Joy.

I never had any symptoms of vomiting and some food aversions funny enough, I had threatened abortion in my first trimeste, asides that I was strong enough to work till the last week of April 2022. I put to birth on 10th of May, 2022. I took my prenatals for the for the whole duration of the pregnancy & I stuck to fruits and healthy diet.

So on the 9th of May, we were already in the hospital because it was scheduled to happen the following day. So I proceeded to have my baby via CS at about 8:01am and he came out weighing 3.3kg.

Thank God recovery was smooth and I was discharged 3days later.

Now I look at my baby and I can’t be more grateful to God for everything he has done.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 1:02pm On May 31, 2022
Layormiii:
Teamie is it time

I don't know the answer to ur question o
It is o bt no contraction pain yt and OS is still close, water has bn leaking since midnight
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 1:15pm On May 31, 2022
TOHHAN:

It is o bt no contraction pain yt and OS is still close, water has bn leaking since midnight
Congratulations in Advance,u don open floor for June mama's

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Layormiii(f): 1:30pm On May 31, 2022
TOHHAN:

everything shall start to work well for your good and you shall come back to share your beautiful testimony ijn.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olaola56(f): 1:30pm On May 31, 2022
elega:

It's the drug that is making your uterus to contract in other to empty the retained product. But still see ur doctor for further explanation and examination.

Okay ma, I will. Thanks so much

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olaola56(f): 1:34pm On May 31, 2022
novia22:

Yes, Cramps/ contractions are totally normal after you take the pill cos the uterus has to contract to expel whatever is left inside of it. Same thing happened to me although I was contracting without any pill as my body had already started the process of expelling its content itself.
I was asked to come back in a few days for a pelvic scan to check if the uterus was empty. When I came back after a few days and did a scan, the noticed some residue was left in me & my doctor gave me two options...the pill or evacuation....My mum, a medical personnel adviced I go for evacuation cos if the pill fails and some residues are left, you will still be evacuated.

So pls when you go for the follow up appointment, do another scan to be sure.

Oh thanks so much for your response. I just hope there won't be nothing left when I go for the scan on my next appointment. Thanks so much mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Olaola56(f): 1:37pm On May 31, 2022
Bobbyunitedfc:

When u done with the drugs as prescribed by the doctor, do another pelvic scan to confirm all is out, we did evacuation when it happened and it wasn't a nice experience, my wife bled for like 3days after, please if u decide to go for evacuation use a very trusted doctor to void by form of Injuries to the womb, after all of these if ur mum is still around go visit her, u will be treated like someone who just gave birth, that's exactly how ur body works, then take some antibiotics and rest, eat well, don't think, and then ur period will show up then u can start trying again..

This is me talking from experience!

I will. Thank you sir. I really appreciate your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by hairrootsyagoto: 1:37pm On May 31, 2022
The best treatment for dandruff

Dandruff is a common affliction that affects people of all ages. Dandruff occurs when small pieces of dry skin flake off of the scalp that may make the scalp itch. The main cause of dandruff is an overproduction of sebum, an oily secretion that helps keep the skin hydrated. Dandruff can also be caused by an imbalance of yeast and bacteria in the scalp. The hair on the scalp becomes covered with small white flakes that are difficult to remove. Read more here https://hair-roots-yagoto.com/the-best-treatment-for-dandruff/
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by TOHHAN(f): 1:57pm On May 31, 2022
Layormiii:
everything shall start to work well for your good and you shall come back to share your beautiful testimony ijn.
Amen. Thanks dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Duduke: 1:59pm On May 31, 2022
[quote author=Yinbridge post=113326740]

BS......... Na long story. I find time to come bk and write cos I have been stressed is an understatement.
Let's get right into it.

Remember I said relocation plus baby.

So before baby I had my Canadian permanent residence application going. So I was 30weeks when the approval came. Bak and forth trying to move and get passport stamped I entered 38weeks o my people. Got my Passport bk and moved immediately collected fake doctors report to give the airline that m 32weeks. Flew in on Thursday. Did all my registrations next day and was so stressed but it's all worth it o.
Early Monday morning 23rd, 3am, my water broke. I went to pee, the pee dinnor stop o that's how I knew the water broke o. I put pad and woke my husband up to tell him. He said let's sleep bk and by morning we will know what to do since I have no contractions. Before I slept off I msgd a lady who just gave birth in canada like me and told her my situation. She woke me with call by 7am to move straight to the hospital. Where she also delivered.

By 9am we got to the hospital, we got registered and put in d exam room. They tagged me, they examined my water that broke to know if I was really in labour. They took plenty blood o like becos I didn't have any record. After they took blood and check baby they admitted me. They put me in the labour room l was just not really contracting so they decided to induce me to make contract faster. They first gave me toast bread and juice to eat cos I can't eat again just water.
They asked if I wanted anything for pain. Gave me three options, oral drugs, laughing gas, and epidural. My sisters I was forming strong girl o. I said nothing o that I was fine.
I was assigned a nurse, a doctor and an assistant nurse to ring Bell anytime I need anything. They put a rope abi wire ni to monitor my heartbeat, baby's heartbeat and my contractions.
Then the whole thing started from past 10am. My husband and I started. For over 3hrs, it was 1cm. After 2 hours they came bk to check, it was 3cm. At this point I was hungry, tired and dey just kept saying you r doing great. You are doing well mama.
Omo I wan die 3cm and we still have 7cm to go. I begged pls gimme epidural. They said anesthesiologist is in d theatre. I cried ehn my husband was just begging me.

My parents in Nigeria were calling, his parents and our timr difference is 7hrs. Everybody stayed awake. He was being fired on the fone to know what was happening. My mum was crying pe lataro. We thought it will be fast. As we were admitted we called the parents and siblings to expect their baby. Had we known we could have calm down. My baby was really not ready. Actually my Edd was May 31st. But I guess the travelling stress induced the baby. At this point my husband and I prayed God help us.

Back to me crying. I was tired. Begging the nurse pls bring me the epidural. She said few hrs the anesthesiologist will soon be here. Few hrs keh. I cannot cope. Nurse was begging me o, telling me to walk around the room, it's a private room just be free. Inside the room I had my toilet, my baby's new machine to use for him, long chair to sleep for my husband and blanket
Then for a while i tried to sleep. I slept for like 1hr and they came to wake me the anesthesiologist was here. Omo I was in pain but walked me thru d process and said set your back. They started poking me. They poke and poke for 10mins. D anesthesiologist said I can't find your vein. I cried and cried. The nurse was holding me. My husband was also sad looking. The anesthesiologist said she will get an ultrasound to look for my veins, then she marked it. They started the poking again. After 5mins or so they were done. O mo after 30mins I was numb. I was feeling so good. I was contracting yet no s much in pain. From 10am nothing till next day. Omo by 6am d next day, I was 6cm. I was just there. Lifeless, my Husband didn't know what to do. He slept at some point omo I pity d man. Doctor came they continue to encourage me tht d baby is fine if they need comes they will do cs but for now I am doing okay.
I called my husband again let's pray. He said nooo he has prayed all he wants to do is give thanks. He started playing Christian music

By 9am cos the clock dey infont of Me like this, the doctor came again and said now we r 8cm. I was happy that finally we r almost there. I dinnor know that it was still a long. Omo it took more hours. The doctor said she will come finally by 11 and if no show, we move to CS. By past 11 my husband went to look for nurse. The doctor came and said finally we can start pushing.
Omo I started pushing o pushing and by 1 is only d head rhey were seeing.

The doctor even went to do operation but said she will be bk for me the nurse shud continue. By the time the doctor came. She said weldone your baby is coming. My husband said later I kept on pooing as I was pushing(smile) but nurse just packed it and not complain.

Sha the doctor came and said you r exhausted, shud I help u with 2 to 4 more pushes or u continue for 45mins. I said hen. How will u help she said vacuum Extractor delivery. I said yes pls she was just like your baby will have sore on his head. I said we wil take d pain together omo, I agreed o. She said push and d vacuum Extractor was inserted. I didn't feel too much pain o. Cos of the epidural. Dey removed my baby is 5mins. They kept him on my chest I just kept crying that finally. My husband was just there playing Christian songs and trying to trust God. Baby came he was just petting me and snapping baby. He immediately forwarded it to our family that hasn't slept for 2 days. I had tears, they sew me bk up

I was cleaned up. The nurse said we will move to postpartum after they checked my baby's weigh 3.2kg. They cleaned us all and moved me in wheel chair to the new room. They tested me and baby again and we were good. They immediately gave me and my husband food and drinks for a job well done. My family stayed awake and we called them. My husband just kept praying over his son while me I slept off.
We were in thr hospital for 2days. We got discharged on Thursday and my husband went to look for car seat for our baby. Then the nurses anf doctors came with plenty paper work, told us plenty things then wheeled me downstairs and my baby and they said byee. Gave me a lot for my baby and I and bade us bye.

Omo it was indeed a journey o. I thank God say this baby wait for me to become a Canadian o. In as much as the birth/delivery was a lot. The joy is that my baby is a Canadian. Thank you all for your love on this group o. I learnt a lot. My baby is gum body o. I can hardly get up and do anything he just cries. No help just me and my husband. But we thank God we r doing fine as a first time parent.

Wonderful BS!
God bless baby daddy for being a great support ! More strength Mama

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 2:53pm On May 31, 2022
Expectantmom:

Excuse me ma, vigilante na my oga. Ha!!! I thank God o. He suck bre@st from 2am till 6am and I no see sleep kankan. He's fine mama. How's my princess doing? Sucking her dad's bride price well abi?
Which bride price cheesy.. She can suck for Africa, we now lay side by side while I catch small small sleep so its getting better on this side small small
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 2:57pm On May 31, 2022
Olaola56:

The pill is what's making you have contraction and it's normal and very painful but ensure you go for a pelvic scan to be sure there is nothing retained else you might need an evacuation. Do the scan and take the result for the check

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6640) (6641) (6642) (6643) (6644) (6645) (6646) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.