Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,579 members, 7,823,512 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8161712 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6713) (6714) (6715) (6716) (6717) (6718) (6719) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2022
dacblogger:
B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!.

Thank God for everything mama, good bless your family. And may your mums soul continue to rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2022
All our July mamas yet to give us BA, God is with you all... Your joy shall be full and this journey will end in praise..

Meanwhile I stumbled on this old thread and found it useful https://www.nairaland.com/89794/mummies-nairaland-mindful-daycare-centers#1633286
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 10:46pm On Jul 21, 2022
dacblogger:
B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!.

I had to bring out time to write this birth story since Mamas are already complaining of July Mamas starving them. grin
I weaned my second son last year September when he clocked 1. I normally don't get my period until I'm done breastfeeding.
I saw my period once after that and didn't get it the next month. I was relaxed thinking it's just my body playing tricks on me.
Meanwhile, I did a pregnancy test and it was negative so I looked forward to seeing it the next month.
The next month, it came out for just a day and stopped, that was when I got worried, I ran a P.T and it said negative. I picked up my phone Nd entered Google(normally, I'm a Google freak) . Any small issue ,I don enter Google embarassed.
Google said alot of things like PID, hormonal imbalance. I saw something about guava leaves and it's benefits. I went In search of guava leaves to boil and drink.
Few months later, an old woman made a remark about me looking pregnant, the next day I ran a P.T and it showed positive.
I went for scan this year January and it showed I was already entering 2nd trimester with due date as 17july.
I hid it from my late mum cos I didn't want g
Her to panick cos we were going through some tough patches financially and she was sick(breast cancer).
She found out I was pregnant after her mastectomy . I didnt tell her, but she suspected I was pregnant (she was a retired nurse). She was still in the hospital recovering from the surgery and I was the one taking care of her.
She put me to a test to be sure I was pregnant, and I failed. She took out folic acid from the loads of medicine they gave her and handed it over to me and when I took it from her, that was when she confirmed I was pregnant.
This was around March. She left the hospital and I had to go stay with her to take care of her plus I was having issues with my husband.
At that, I was really going through alot plus my 2 hyperactive sons I had to take care of as well.
I did my best to cope with everything I was going through. Mum died June 9 after struggling to live. It broke me but I was grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to spend her last days with her. I was heartbroken, everything reminded of her, nobody understood what I was going through, I couldn't share it with anyone.i lost weight.
At that moment, I was just praying to God for strength to push my baby out cos I was stressed out.i started having preterm contractions at 32weeks. I took salbutamol.
Fast forward to the day of my Delivery. Sunday I was having on and off contractions a week before Sunday, I was just getting my things ready for the d day.
Sunday around 1pm , I decided to do some laundry just Incase I give birth that week. After the laundry, I entered the kitchen to prepare food,that was when I notice stronger contractions unlike the ones that come and go.
I informed my brother and my father that was there with me.i took a hot bath dressed up and continued preparing the rice since I felt the contractions were not painful enough to rush to the hospital and I was scared of that vaginal examination.
My mind was telling me to just go cos the hospital alil bit far.
I informed my brother and we left for the hospital with my 2kids leaving my father at home .
We got to the hospital, everywhere was dry due to its Sunday. Just few nurses and no doctors.
They went In search of my file, it was taking long so one of the nurses asked me to come for vaginal examination only for her to check and say 6cm .I was surprised cos I was not in much pain like I expected.
They asked for the hospital items and cloth that baby will wear.
I provided them. 20 minutes later my membrane has not ruptured so she asked me to come for her to rupture the membrane.
Meanwhile i was asking her to please call the doctor Incase I need to get a tear and I didn't really trust her with the stitching ( I had tear for my 2sons).
She got angry but I kept I Insisting for her to call the doctor which she did . meanwhile,I entered the theater for her to rupture my membrane,she said something about me having uribe in my bladder ,she inserted catheter and removed the urine before she could rupture the membrane.
Only for her to finish the rupturing, and tell me that I'm fully dilated, I should start pushing, I was shocked.
2mins later,I felt the urge to push and I started pushing. The baby's head got stuck In my vagina, meanwhile I was pushing and I was shouting that it's going to give me a tear like I told them.
As God would have it, the nurses rushed and got olive oil and poured on the baby's head that was stuck and she used her hand to turn the baby's head. That was how I pushed out the baby weighing 3.2kg without any tear.
To an extent, I thank God the doctor wasn't around and used the nurses to make me deliver without tear.
Sorry for the typo error and the long B.S.i typed all this in a hurry.
Wishing all Mama's a Safe and stress free delivery.
According to my elder sister, my Late Mum entered the theater with me and made sure everything went smoothly. And I actually believe she did cos she was there for the delivery of my 2sons and I know she wouldn't leave me all to myself in this one too.

A fast delivery indeed,
The Vaginal examination can be painful ehn,esp when u re still 3 or 4cm dilated,you didn't waste time atall..

Congratulations once again Ma,may God continur to rest your mum's soul,Amen..

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacblogger: 10:47pm On Jul 21, 2022
Omakraid:

Thank God for everything mama, good bless your family. And may your mums soul continue to rest in peace.
Amen,Thanks Mama . And bless your family too.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacblogger: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2022
shiller:

A fast delivery indeed,
The Vaginal examination can be painful ehn,esp when u re still 3 or 4cm dilated,you didn't waste time atall..

Congratulations once again Ma,may God continur to rest your mum's soul,Amen..
Thanks teamie. Amen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 10:53pm On Jul 21, 2022
dacblogger:

Amen,Thanks Mama . And bless your family too.
Amen ma, thank you

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2022
dacblogger:

B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!

Your B.S got me emotional. I thank God for the strength he gave you to carry on. It's not easy at all being strong with all that has happened to you.
God in his Mercies will Strengthen you, your LO and your family in general...Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by MorningStar233: 11:07pm On Jul 21, 2022
Omakraid:
All our July mamas yet to give us BA, God is with you all... Your joy shall be full and this journey will end in praise..

Meanwhile I stumbled on this old thread and found it useful https://www.nairaland.com/89794/mummies-nairaland-mindful-daycare-centers#1633286
Jeezzzzz, oh my God..this is terrible.. breastfeeding another person's child? No way. I won't leave my boy with any outsider.ill resume work with him. Anything wey go happen make e happen
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dacblogger: 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2022
novia22:

Your B.S got me emotional. I thank God for the strength he gave you to carry on. It's not easy at all being strong with all that has happened to you.
God in his Mercies will Strengthen you, your LO and your family in general...Amen.
Amen. Thanks alot dear.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by callola: 12:17am On Jul 22, 2022
1stymom:

That's the only problem but you can add milk to reduce it.... You'll just have to bear it for you and your LO.
ok, will try. thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oluwalatte1: 1:24am On Jul 22, 2022
Oya oh. July people don dey drop B.S o, ehen. Anyways thank God for your quick and smooth delivery.

dacblogger:
B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!.

I had to bring out time to write this birth story since Mamas are already complaining of July Mamas starving them. grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by oluwalatte1: 1:27am On Jul 22, 2022
How far Cappo? You no give us update

ladyrachy:

We still dey push ooo,contractions not strong enough yet. Doc is giving me time and looking at natural means of induction for me to try. He's playing it safe as per na first issue. My baby is fine we thank God, don't worry we will soon testify, all I do now is pray and pray.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 1:42am On Jul 22, 2022
Omakraid:

u c wat is happening in daycares ehn it gives me d hippies gippies... I have read alot n watch cctv videos uploaded about bad daycares so much it gives me nightmare n anxiety about leaving my children in a daycare, i dey alwz scream at anybody tellin me to put my children in daycare so dt i can resume work... I love money ooo but i love my children most. Trusting strangers with my children is a big capital NO 4 me. I watched a video where d son of a daycare owner dt boy ws btw 10-12yrs of age bulling babies, e pretends to b helping his mother, but wen nobody is lookin at him e pinches, slaps n practice wrestling wit dis babies.. Doing smackdown n all sort... Wen d babies cry n his mother come in to attend to d babies e pretends to b soothing them n wen his mother is gone, e resume his bulling, he was caught on camera live, God wen i watch dis video on facebook my blood was boiling. Another one ws of a hire nanny in a daycare dt purposely broke a babies leg juat to give d daycare she was working in a bad name bcs she wanted to open her own daycare so dt people will withdrawn der babies frm where she ws workin n bring dem to her own daycare n anoda ws a lady alwz beating a 6 months old baby left 4 her to look after, wen i watch dt video d cry of dt baby trigger smtin in my brain, d baby wasnt crying she was wailing, i fit kill d lady if to say i see her. Another story, dis one happened to a friend, i just happened to pay her a visit dis particular day, she came home wit her 10months old baby wit a bump on his head, i asked her wat happened she said his carer told her he fell, she believed her but i dnt but i mind my bzines n said nothing. Evil people hide in plain sight n with venerable people. So people shld just bcareful. Me i can nva tell anybody not to put der babies in daycare ooo, nva... But just knw wat is more important in ur life... No matter how u investigate a daycare, u can nva knw wat is really goin on in dt daycare except God reveal it to u... Dis babies cant talk, dey r innocent beings dt can fall into preys hands if care not taking. Yall shld just b careful wit ur babies. I don talk too much... Not my fault, wen it comes to babies ehn i gt too emotional.
I n my siblings ve experience bad care too wen i was little, not as a baby thou but as a little child frm a family member, d difference is dt i was able to understand wat happened n told my parents abt it n we were nva left alone wit d person ever again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 2:21am On Jul 22, 2022
Minmin2323:
Good afternoon mamas,I have been craving the nescafe 3 in 1 coffee for a month now,but right now I don't think I can hold it any longer, please is it safe to take just this once
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 2:27am On Jul 22, 2022
Goldie50:
I think you can have coffee once in a while in SMALL quantity. Everything should be in moderation. Pregnancy cravings can be very difficult to overlook. That was how I was craving abacha two days ago. I passed the woman's shop, but I had to go back because I couldn't hold it. I asked if there's kaun(potash), she said YES. I just told her to give me HALF plate. I enjoyed every bit of it and I'm perfectly fine. No cramping. Nothing. I'm sure baby is fine too. I think we can enjoy our cravings in SMALL quantities.

potassium is actually gud 4 u n d baby... Anything ending wit "ium" eg calcium, magnesium except helium thou grin in food or medication is good 4 all preggy mamas infact u must not lack in dem... So enjoy ur abacha weneva u want it... If kaun is bad durin pregnancy we yorubas wont hv being eating ewedu anyhow cs we add potash to ewedu to mk it drawy.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 2:29am On Jul 22, 2022
callola:
please Sabi Mama's, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and during ANC I was told that my blood level is very low. please what can I take to increase it a bit? thanks
simple, b eating gure n ugwu everytime, ur blood level will rise... N tk ur blood tonic religiously everyday
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 2:47am On Jul 22, 2022
1stymom:

You can get blood tonic as suggested and also try ugwu with milk... You can always squeeze your ugwu leaves and drain the juice for consumption.
i dey alwz look n pass weeva anybody say dis but omo!!! E don dey too much, dis advice is wrong.... u shld knw dis dt ugwu n milk dont go together. Ugwu have plenty of iron in it n milk have calcium... Milk will render d iron in ukwu useless by mkin d body not able to absorb d iron in ukwu reason y doctors alwz say used iron 2hrs b4 or after u use calcium in order to get better result. Iron n calcium contradict each oda.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 2:55am On Jul 22, 2022
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 3:21am On Jul 22, 2022
dacblogger:
B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!.

I weaned my second son last year September when he clocked 1. I normally don't get my period until I'm done breastfeeding.
I saw my period once after that and didn't get it the next month. I was relaxed thinking it's just my body playing tricks on me. Congratulations,what a fast delivery
Meanwhile, I did a pregnancy test and it was negative so I looked forward to seeing it the next month.
The next month, it came out for just a day and stopped, that was when I got worried, I ran a P.T and it said negative. I picked up my phone Nd entered Google(normally, I'm a Google freak) . Any small issue ,I don enter Google embarassed.
Google said alot of things like PID, hormonal imbalance. I saw something about guava leaves and it's benefits. I went In search of guava leaves to boil and drink.
Few months later, an old woman made a remark about me looking pregnant, the next day I ran a P.T and it showed positive.
I went for scan this year January and it showed I was already entering 2nd trimester with due date as 17july.
Her to panick cos we were going through some tough patches financially and she was sick(breast cancer).
She found out I was pregnant after her mastectomy . I didnt tell her, but she suspected I was pregnant (she was a retired nurse). She was still in the hospital recovering from the surgery and I was the one taking care of her.
She put me to a test to be sure I was pregnant, and I failed. She took out folic acid from the loads of medicine they gave her and handed it over to me and when I took it from her, that was when she confirmed I was pregnant.
This was around March. She left the hospital and I had to go stay with her to take care of her plus I was having issues with my husband.
At that, I was really going through alot plus my 2 hyperactive sons I had to take care of as well.
I did my best to cope with everything I was going through. Mum died June 9 after struggling to live. It broke me but I was grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to spend her last days with her. I was heartbroken, everything reminded of her, nobody understood what I was going through, I couldn't share it with anyone.i lost weight.
At that moment, I was just praying to God for strength to push my baby out cos I was stressed out.i started having preterm contractions at 32weeks. I took salbutamol.
Fast forward to the day of my Delivery. Sunday I was having on and off contractions a week before Sunday, I was just getting my things ready for the d day.
Sunday around 1pm , I decided to do some laundry just Incase I give birth that week. After the laundry, I entered the kitchen to prepare food,that was when I notice stronger contractions unlike the ones that come and go.
I informed my brother and my father that was there with me.i took a hot bath dressed up and continued preparing the rice since I felt the contractions were not painful enough to rush to the hospital and I was scared of that vaginal examination.
I informed my brother and we left for the hospital with my 2kids leaving my father at home .
We got to the hospital, everywhere was dry due to its Sunday. Just few nurses and no doctors.
They went In search of my file, it was taking long so one of the nurses asked me to come for vaginal examination only for her to check and say 6cm .I was surprised cos I was not in much pain like I expected.
I provided them. 20 minutes later my membrane has not ruptured so she asked me to come for her to rupture the membrane.
Meanwhile i was asking her to please call the doctor Incase I need to get a tear and I didn't really trust her with the stitching ( I had tear for my 2sons).
She got angry but I kept I Insisting for her to call the doctor which she did . meanwhile,I entered the theater for her to rupture my membrane,she said something about me having uribe in my bladder ,she inserted catheter and removed the urine before she could rupture the membrane.
Only for her to finish the rupturing, and tell me that I'm fully dilated, I should start pushing, I was shocked.
2mins later,I felt the urge to push and I started pushing. The baby's head got stuck In my vagina, meanwhile I was pushing and I was shouting that it's going to give me a tear like I told them.
As God would have it, the nurses rushed and got olive oil and poured on the baby's head that was stuck and she used her hand to turn the baby's head. That was how I pushed out the baby weighing 3.2kg without any tear.
Got to the hospital at 3:30pm, gave birth almost 1hr later.
To an extent, I thank God the doctor wasn't around and used the nurses to make me deliver without tear.
According to my elder sister, my Late Mum entered the theater with me and made sure everything went smoothly. And I actually believe she did cos she was there for the delivery of my 2sons and I know she wouldn't leave me all to myself in this one too.
congratulations,what a fast delivery.so sorry about your loss.may her soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Brownsmoothie: 3:26am On Jul 22, 2022
dacblogger:
B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!.

I saw my period once after that and didn't get it the next month. I was relaxed thinking it's just my body playing tricks on me.
Got to the hospital at 3:30pm, gave birth almost 1hr later.

Wow...congratulations once again mama and May your mum's soul continue to rest in perfect peace.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldie50: 4:06am On Jul 22, 2022
Wow! Thanks for the info mama!!! Hmmm... Google is filled with many talks on the danger of potash in pregnancy. They said we should avoid foods made with kaun. Since then, kaun dey fear me. But I survived that abacha cheesy. I think it's all about quantity sha. A friend told me that she has seen someone use kaun for abortion and it worked. The lady drank plenty of it to abort her child. It all boils down to moderation.

kokaiye:
potassium is actually gud 4 u n d baby... Anything ending wit "ium" rg calcium, magnesium except helium thou grin in food or medication is good 4 all preggy mamas infact u must not lack in dem... So enjoy ur abacha weneva u want it... If kaun is bad durin pregnancy we yorubas wont hv being eating ewedu anyhow cs we add potash to ewedu to mk it drawy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 1stymom(f): 4:55am On Jul 22, 2022
kokaiye:
i dey alwz look n pass weeva anybody say dis but omo!!! E don dey too much, dis advice is wrong.... u shld knw dis dt ugwu n milk dont go together. Ugwu have plenty of iron in it n milk have calcium... Milk will render d iron in ukwu useless by mkin d body not able to absorb d iron in ukwu reason y doctors alwz say used iron 2hrs b4 or after u use calcium in order to get better result. Iron n calcium contradict each oda.

Okay Ma.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ladyrachy(f): 5:44am On Jul 22, 2022
BA BA
Our little princess came forth on 20th July thru an ELCS after three days of labour. Thank God for both our lives,still recovering from pain.
BS later pls. CS is nobody's mate ooo.wishing the rest July mamas safe and easy delivery

42 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IYDigitskill: 6:02am On Jul 22, 2022
I pray for that you will deliver like a Hebrew woman. No pain and sorrow shall come your way. You will not experience labour but straight delivery without pain.https:///torhok No complications,but news of joy.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shiller(f): 6:23am On Jul 22, 2022
ladyrachy:
BA BA
Our little princess came forth on 20th July thru an ELCS after three days of labour. Thank God for both our lives,still recovering from pain.
BS later pls. CS is nobody's mate ooo.wishing the rest July mamas safe and easy delivery

My able Cappo,thank God it ended in praise ooo,quick recovery to you..

Welcome to the world Princess..

Amen to the rest of us remaining
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:41am On Jul 22, 2022
kokaiye:
potassium is actually gud 4 u n d baby... Anything ending wit "ium" rg calcium, magnesium except helium thou grin in food or medication is good 4 all preggy mamas infact u must not lack in dem... So enjoy ur abacha weneva u want it... If kaun is bad durin pregnancy we yorubas wont hv being eating ewedu anyhow cs we add potash to ewedu to mk it drawy.
not all yoruba put kaun (potash) in ewedu again.even before pregnancy ,i stop using it to cook.it very high in sodium content with lil potassium.apart from making food to tender easily ,it causes so much gradual damage to the body system.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 6:45am On Jul 22, 2022
Potash is commonly used in cooking here in Nigeria. It is known by its other names, like ‘Akanwu,’ among the Igbos, and ‘Kaun,’ among the Yorubas. It is a type of lake salt, sodium carbonate or potassium carbonate. It has a chalk-like texture and is usually whitish or grey. This article will discuss the possible health effects of potash (Akanwu or Kaun).

Potash is a mix of different types of chemicals and minerals, including potassium, sodium, magnesium, aluminum, calcium, and more. It also contains impurities like sand. It has a dry, salty taste and could also be tasteless at times.

In Nigeria, potash is used in cooking, but not like a regular ingredient. For example, when cooking beans, potash is used to make them softer, which reduces the cooking time. It is also used when making soups, where it is used as a thickener and some other types of dishes.

Besides its culinary use, potash is also used for other things, including toothache relief, cough treatment, making fertiliser, making tobacco snuff, and a whole lot more.

In today’s article, we would be looking at some of the health effects of potash and see if using it does any good to the body at all.

High Sodium Content
Potash has a high sodium content, which is not good for the body. The effects of a high intake of sodium include headaches, an increase in blood pressure, kidney disease, kidney stones, stroke, osteoporosis, and so on. When adding potash to your cooking, it would be best not to add additional salt to it so as not to increase the sodium content of the food. Also, avoid chewing potash for the fun of it. Doing so, then eating foods that contain salt would cause an increase in sodium levels in your body.

Another study demonstrated that potash was potentially harmful to the liver.

It Reduces The Protein In Foods
Using potash as a softener or tenderiser leads to a trade-off because it reduces the amount of protein present in the food. This means that you will be taking in less protein than you normally would. If this happens long-term, you may begin to suffer from protein deficiency, especially if you use potash in a lot of your cooking.

Might Cause Low Sperm Production
Studies have shown that men who consume too much potash may suffer from low sperm production. A 2021 study found out that the consumption of potash negatively affected sperm quality and sex hormones of male wistar rats.

This may lead to infertility issues, and they may find it difficult to have children. Besides that, it also causes testicular injury. However, the effects on humans may not be the same. More studies needs to be done.

Not Good For Pregnancy
Pregnant women are advised to abstain from consuming potash as it could induce an abortion or even lead to premature delivery. This is because it causes uterine contractions, which can be dangerous to pregnant women.

Mrs. Iyabode Alabi, a dietician and former Head of Department of Dietetics, University College Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, Oyo State stated that Potash might lead to health problems, especially in pregnancy.

High Blood Pressure
People who consume too much potash increase their risks of high blood pressure. This happens due to the accumulation of sodium in the blood. People who are hypertensive or who are at risk of high blood pressure should avoid foods that are high in sodium, like potash.

Might Damage The Kidneys
A 2021 study was done to investigate the nephrotoxic nature of potash (kaun) in wistar rats. The study showed that potash elevated sodium, potassium, creatinine and urea levels in the kidney. Observations from this study found out that potash is potentially toxic to the kidneys especially at high doses. And it was recommended that its consumption be discouraged.

Conclusion
As we have seen, even those potash has some benefits in the kitchen. It does not do the body a lot of good and is worth avoiding totally if you can. The health effects of potash are possibly very harmful, so they should be used with cautiou

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 6:48am On Jul 22, 2022
Goldie50:
Wow! Thanks for the info mama!!! Hmmm... Google is filled with many talks on the danger of potash in pregnancy. They said we should avoid foods made with kaun. Since then, kaun dey fear me. But I survived that abacha cheesy. I think it's all about quantity sha. A friend told me that she has seen someone use kaun for abortion and it worked. The lady drank plenty of it to abort her child. It all boils down to moderation.

its tru... Everything is about quantity thou... Too much of everything is bad 4 u.. Even water, sugar n salt... If u eat too much salt, u ve gt high blood pressure, if u eat too much sugar, u gt diabetes. Wen i gave birth, i had low potassium n high liver enzyme in my body for 3months mkin my legs to swell up, so i was ask to eat lots of plaintain n many oda fruits to normalize all my body nutrients, when i did, my swelling legs begins to come down.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 6:50am On Jul 22, 2022
ladyrachy:
BA BA
finally!!! Congrat madam
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokaiye: 6:57am On Jul 22, 2022
omotolanibaby:
not all yoruba put kaun (potash) in ewedu again.even before pregnancy ,i stop using it to cook.it very high in sodium content with lil potassium.apart from making food to tender easily ,it causes so much gradual damage to the body system.
dt is if u use too much ma... Na everything bad 4 body if u abuse dem... U eat too much pepper, it produce too much acid n aggrevate ulcer, u eat too much pineapple, it induce labour n thins d blood also, if one happen to hv CS n u ve bein consumin pineapple, dt person will just b bleedin anyhow infact all food are dangerous... Dey all ve limit wen d body will say enof n d owner of body continues to consume a particular food, d person will start seein side effect of dt food.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ifyonline(f): 7:12am On Jul 22, 2022
[quote author=dacblogger post=114960836]B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!.

Congratulations!!! God be praised.. May mamas soul rest in peace..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by omotolanibaby(f): 7:31am On Jul 22, 2022
kokaiye:
dt is if u use too much ma... Na everything bad 4 body if u abuse dem... U eat too much pepper, it produce too much acid n aggrevate ulcer, u eat too much pineapple, it induce labour n thins d blood also, if one happen to hv CS n u ve bein consumin pineapple, dt person will just b bleedin anyhow infact all food are dangerous... Dey all ve limit wen d body will say enof n d owner of body continues to consume a particular food, d person will start seein side effect of dt food.
it has no benefits to health,why should I consume such? pineapple and co has benefits to health .but potash has neither

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6713) (6714) (6715) (6716) (6717) (6718) (6719) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: omotolly22(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.