Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,374 members, 7,815,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8141604 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6785) (6786) (6787) (6788) (6789) (6790) (6791) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2022
AmNuhRegular:
The twins landed at at 4:09 and 4:11pm respectively yesterday!!!

Weighing 3kg and 3.3kg respectively!!!

Complete BS Coming later...

I feel sooo soo Blessed! Still in recovery mode however.

October mums,God is really showing up for us!!!
Thanks so much for this community!!
To everyone in waiting, your heart desires will surely be granted!!!

Cc: cinderellashoes
Congratulations iya ibeji.. God bless them..
Quick recovery ma

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nanasbabyshop: 10:45am On Oct 19, 2022
kennyjoy:

Good day to all mama in house! Firstly, I will like to appreciate everyone contributing to thread. So far, So Good. My wife was put to bed last 2weeks (A baby girl). but a challenge comes up which I believe God is in control. 2days after we discover she had jaundice and her bilirubin is high. She was placed on phototherapy immediately for 72hrs there about, she get better and discharged. Everything was fine.

She got immunized 9days after, the next day after the immunization my wife call me that our baby is vomiting some hours after breastfeeding but not that much I told her to call our Gynecologist, and the hospital immediately. But we were its normal for baby to vomit that's she still getting used to the feeding. The vomiting continue for 3days. We call our Gynae again and she said it's normal. Though our baby doesn't have High Temp, No fast breathing, She was breastfeeding, and everything is okay but just the vomiting and it getting too much. But

So I couldn't take it again, I told my wife to take to our baby to hospital immediately. When she get to the hospital and run a blood test for her. We were told she was diagnosis with infection and MP...2weeks old baby for that matters. I challenge the hospital on phone coz am not around....Why don't you guys treat everything before she was discharge. Anyways, she got admitted and she's on drip. This vomit (greenish vomit) still continue till the next morning. I speak with the Dr in the hospital on phone but their response doesn't go well with me, as my baby need expert management. So I told them to get me a referral letter so we can go to a General hospital where we can see a Pediatrician.

When will get to General Hospital, they attending to my wife. My baby was admitted and she's on drip, we get everything they needed to us to get, and they told her she's going to stop breastfeeding her for 24hrs, and she will only be on drip. So on Sunday morning, the pediatrician notice my baby cough, and insert some Tube from her nose to drain some content from her stomach, and they recommend we do a abdominal scan immediately. We went to get it done, and the results came out, everything is fine, but the impression show she her enemy as a (Mild Gastrits). We started breastfeeding her again as instruct by the Dr. This time she'l doesn't vomit and we are happy. However, she still vomiting small small but not like before especially the time interval.

The reason for my long message is am just worried and I know I could get some insight from here regards to the situation. I believe God will take control! As the hospital is trying their best too. (Plesee excuse all my grammatical blunder)

Thank God for his mercies.

Please ensure your baby's feeding items are properly sterilized.
Make sure she doesn't eat left over milk or formula even if it's one hour left over.
Don't give your baby any kind of water. Even agbo. Nothing. Just milk.
Let the mom feed more on fruits and vegetables to enrich her milk and boost the white blood cell formation.
Don't let anyone kiss your baby or even allow baby hold their fingers.

Wishing you all the best.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 10:53am On Oct 19, 2022
AmNuhRegular:

. thank you so much my dear Cappo
You are welcome mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 11:19am On Oct 19, 2022
Nanasbabyshop:

Thank God for his mercies.

Please ensure your baby's feeding items are properly sterilized.
Make sure she doesn't eat left over milk or formula even if it's one hour left over.
Don't give your baby any kind of water. Even agbo. Nothing. Just milk.
Let the mom feed more on fruits and vegetables to enrich her milk and boost the white blood cell formation.
Don't let anyone kiss your baby or even [/b]allow baby hold their fingers[b].

Wishing you all the best.
How can one prevent the bolded?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ABG2222: 11:56am On Oct 19, 2022
Omakraid:

How can one prevent the bolded?

Use mitten
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omakraid(f): 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2022
ABG2222:

Use mitten
That's exactly why I asked. They touch the mittens and have still puts it in her mouth
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ihavethingstodo: 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2022
AmNuhRegular:

Another one!!! cheesy cheesy
Congratulations to you, Mama Ejima, wow!!!!

God is indeed wonderful!!
Your twins are highly welcomed and blessed!!

Take care of yourself Mama AmNuhRegular!!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ekabobo: 3:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
Mama ejima, oh dear! Congrats ma'am... God keep ur babies safe....n blessed....!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tikkykay: 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
AmNuhRegular:

Congrats mama

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adexmerry: 11:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
indian03:
May mama 2021 ,anyone still here? I'm back on third journey o also May
I remember you my sister..we were in the same team May in 2021.. I am back too o..this time team June

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by egbaguy2: 12:30am On Oct 20, 2022
Was in this thread as an expectant dad in 2019...... My daughter will be 3 by November insha Allah.... Now an expectant dad again, alhamdulilah.
February 2023.....may Allah make it an easy and smooth delivery.
My wife isn't a nairaland member����

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vic4real22: 2:55am On Oct 20, 2022
egbaguy2:
Was in this thread as an expectant dad in 2019...... My daughter will be 3 by November insha Allah.... Now an expectant dad again, alhamdulilah.
February 2023.....may Allah make it an easy and smooth delivery.
My wife isn't a nairaland member����
Congratulations to you brother, but u can introduce nairaland to her.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mommafertile: 5:20am On Oct 20, 2022
[b][/b] B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!

I give thanks to God for preservation of my life and that of my baby.
At around 39 weeks, I was frequenting the toilet to urinate almost every 5 minutes. It was so stressful.
By then I was already tired of being pregnant and can't wait to have my baby. I was tired of going for antenatals too, the doctor tested me and said the OS abi na cervix is still closed. We met with the MD of the hospital to ask about epidural analgesia, which we added as part of the labour pain reducing options, they also said it is best injected when labour has reached around 6cm or so. I was gearing for 6cm so we can request for it at the hospital, so it was devastating hearing OS is closed, not even at 2cm.
I was doing this labour inducing exercise that I saw on YouTube. I did the exercise for two days, on the 5th day which was a Friday I saw the mucus plug came out, I have been having contractions like mild menstrual cramps, I decided to continue the labour inducing exercise. On Saturday, another mucus plug came out with droplets of blood. I went to my sister's place with my tired body as a way to exercise.
The contraction increased Saturday night/Sunday morning, so was unable to go to church on Sunday morning. My husband and I went to the hospital and met the same doctor that's been handling my file since, he checked again and said OS is still closed, the doctor said I should back home, the nurse said it's because I'm a first timer that's the reason I'm acting drama, in anger I told her I'm not acting drama that I know how I'm feeling, she later apologized. The doctor said nothing to be done, that even if I'm to be induced it will be week 41. I was so weak and could not argue anymore, so we went back home same morning. On getting home, the cramps reduced, I was relieved.
Later that Sunday evening, the cramps resumed and became so unbearable. Since we just returned from hospital that morning, I didn't want to go again, I managed till Monday morning, the intensity of the contraction increased to like every 10 minutes. Around 2pm Monday afternoon when the contraction didn't stop or reduced, I made up my mind to go for induction at the hospital cos I was so frustrated. My family friend and I went to the hospital, while we told my husband to stay back cos we don't want neighbors suspecting I'm going to the hospital.
We met the same doctor that kept saying OS is closed, he tested again, same closed OS, we told him to admit me at the hospital, he was reluctant to do so but later agreed after calling the MD. The MD said he would be around in the evening, I was in the room I got admitted into but was going through intense contraction, my family friend went home which is close by to get my hospital bag. My husband came some minutes later (all the efforts for landlady not to suspect I'm at the hospital proved abortive, you know Naija people and their shine shine eyes grin grin).

[/b] Please bear with me, I'll complete the birth story soon, busy with baby and trying to recover, been a bit tired the past few days.
Thank you for your understanding.

[b]
Continuation

I was taken back to the labour room by the nurses and administered enema cos I was complaining of using the toilet. After the nurse did the enema with Lux soap and warm water, I rushed upstairs to my room to use the toilet. I was a bit relieved.
As my husband got to the hospital with some other supplies that he feels I might need, the contraction continued.
I was pacing round the room and will shout a bit when the contraction starts, they will quickly come and help me massage my lower back.
The nurses then moved me to another room at the first floor for easy management cos it's getting late in the evening. I could not eat or drink water. It was so intense.
I was taken to the labour room again for tests this time by a new doctor and another set of nurses on night shift.
They found out cervix is still closed, one of the nurses took permission to check and said she can feel the baby's head, all these tests were making me scream my lungs out. All there talks were flying out the window cos I didn't listen due to pain, I didn't even remember epidural sef.
The MD came in check and said I'm truly in labour but the cervix is just closed, that it's a rare case. Which means the doctor I've been seeing since didn't know it can happen due to his lack of experience on the job.
I was happy that at least, I was right on this one and not acting drama as the nurse said before.
The doctor then said I should calm down and cooperate or they will have to do CS, I didn't even listen to his talk, I was just crying.
He has gone to tell my husband and family friend that they may have to result to CS as I didn't cooperate and was stressing them.
One of the nurses then call them to tell me to cooperate that since they can feel the baby's head, I can deliver vaginally, I just needed to endure a bit more.
The MD with the aid of the doctor and nurses later used his gynecological tools to insert a transparent small ball with rubber rope in my cervix I think (I've checked online for confirmation, it's called Foley Bulb)
I was taken back to the room, after the insertion and some injections.
The contraction became more intense and was not stopping at all.
The doctor said they will monitor the catheter for 3 hours but if it pulls out we should let them know.
I've gone to urinate in toilet up to 30 times since I arrived at the hospital.
I didn't even know anything or hear anyone again. I lied down the contraction will hold me, if I stand same thing, I was slapping the walls and crying. AC repairer came to the room, I didn't even look his side even though I was not well covered with the hospital gown.
Each contraction I'll shout at husband and family friend to rub my back. They became tired but have no choice than to continue.
Within two hours while trying to go to toilet again, the Foley Bulb pulled out. They quickly called the doctor, in the same process, the amniotic fluid rushed out.
As we got to the labour room, the fluid rushed out again.
By then I think the MD has gone home.
The doctor and nurses prepped me up in the labour room cos it seems the cervix dilated to 10cm quickly within the two hours.

I was told to hold my legs and push looking towards my belly button. I did like twice. They could see the baby's head but no space for the baby to pass, so I was given a tear (chai, the tear long reach my anus cry though I just noticed they cut it but didn't feel the pain) the nurse said I should give the push my all.
I pushed for the 3rd time. I didn't even wait for them to call again, then I pushed for the 4th time and the baby just slide out that they have to quickly catch her.
I just heard her crying in a very thick voice deeper than my own sef lolzzzzz.
I just laid down well feeling relaxed.
When they were to start suturing I quickly requested for injection that numb the pain, so I sha saw two syringes stuck close to my vagina and I didn't feel the pain during suturing.
After they've dressed for baby and finish up with dressing me too, we went outside the labour room where my husband and family friend were waiting to receive us. My room was few rooms away so we strolled down with the nurses holding me.
I just laid down looking at my baby in her cot.
I delivered almost midnight but it was still that Monday night at 39 weeks 6 days.
Who knows what would have happened if I went back home as they suggested in the morning.
The MD came to greet me and baby the next day.
The other nurses and the doctor I met earlier were speechless.
The vagina is almost 100% healed now at two weeks postpartum. My mum stayed for almost two weeks, so I do sit on new potty filled with Savlon antiseptic and hot water, morning and night, she massages my body and joints area with hot water, she treats the vagina suture by massaging with hot water in towel, I drink warm water, I bath with warm water too.
My tummy is almost flat.
I thank God for life.
So sorry it came late. I just decided to write it now this midnight.
Thank you.

mommafertile:
B.A! B.A!! B.A!!!

Glad to announce the arrival of our beautiful baby girl.
She arrived late Monday night 3rd of October 2022.
Birth Story will be posted soon.
Thank you Team September/Team October.
May God grant our other mamas safe delivery, whether team Oct/Nov/Dec, as long as this group stands.
Above all kindly commit the day into God's hand, so important.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 8:23am On Oct 20, 2022
Mommafertile congratulations once again.. My prayer is for us to always meet compassionate and experienced doctors and nurses on duty while in labor. Thank God for his mercies.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by novia22(f): 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2022
mommafertile:
[b][/b] B.S! B.S!! B.S!!!

I give thanks to God for preservation of my life and that of my baby.

Congratulations darling and thank God for the doctors on duty.
As much as you feel you have healed completely, pls be gentle on yourself cos 2weeks is too short to heal internally after an episiotomy. You are still a bit fresh on the inside so pls still be careful.

Congrats again Dearie

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ekabobo: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2022
Congrats to to all new mums... E no easy o!...congrats... Our turn dey come ...

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mommafertile: 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2022
Amen, it's a great prayer.
Thank you so much.

cinderellashoes:
Mommafertile congratulations once again.. My prayer is for us to always meet compassionate and experienced doctors and nurses on duty while in labor. Thank God for his mercies.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mommafertile: 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2022
[quote author=rashidadegbola post=117686562][/quote]

Amen. Thank you so much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2022
You
Mmadimma:
Hi mamas, good evening. Please, is it normal for baby not to kick for 2 days? I'm 35weeks 5days.

Did scan, everything seems to be normal but during the scan of about 10 to 15minutes baby didnt move but heartbeat was regular at 141bpm.

Mothers Intuitions sometimes right...pls see a doctor
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mommafertile: 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Thank you so much ma'am. I didn't know I still have much healing to do. Thought everything is fine since I no longer feel the pain again. Grateful for the advice.

novia22:

Congratulations darling and thank God for the doctors on duty.
As much as you feel you have healed completely, pls be gentle on yourself cos 2weeks is too short to heal internally after an episiotomy. You are still a bit fresh on the inside so pls still be careful.

Congrats again Dearie
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 10:48pm On Oct 20, 2022
Adexmerry:
I remember you my sister..we were in the same team May in 2021.. I am back too o..this time team June

I remember you too o.welcome...im may/ June but I will stick to may grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2022
AmNuhRegular:

Congratulations mama ejima

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:51am On Oct 21, 2022
Sleep don disappear, fully awake since 1am.....No light to even watch Television

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Omobithousand(f): 2:33am On Oct 21, 2022
Also awake..... God gat us
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2022
Omobithousand:
Also awake..... God gat us
Ehya sorryy Vigilante teammate,it's well in Jesus name
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 9:22am On Oct 21, 2022
AmNuhRegular:

Congratulations teamie, welcome to the twins.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Blessedmum(f): 9:28am On Oct 21, 2022
With joy in my heart, i announce the arrival of my Prince charming on Wednesday at 9:35am via elective CS, birth weight is 3.6kg. We are both doing great though I am still in recovery stage. I will drop my BS once I am fully recovered.

Team October for painless and easy delivery.

32 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 9:53am On Oct 21, 2022
Blessedmum:
With joy in my heart, i announce the arrival of my Prince charming on Wednesday at 9:35am via elective CS, birth weight is 3.6kg. We are both doing great though I am still in recovery stage. I will drop my BS once I am fully recovered.

Congratulations teamie, may your little one be blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cinderellashoes(f): 9:56am On Oct 21, 2022
Team October

Birth Announcement!

Thank you Father for another wonderful news! All glory belongs to you God! We are grateful!

We announce the birth of mama Blessedmum 's prince. Celebration shall not cease in your household mama.

#Teamnoloss
#Teamquickdelivery
# Teamsupernaturaldelivery

Name... EDD..... SEX...

1. Ihavethingstodo... 22/10/22 ........... XY (boy) / BA Seen

2. Cinderellashoes............ 24/10/22..... XY (Boy)

3. Aderebecca................ 20/10/22.... XX (Girl)

4. Blessedmum............... 31/10/22..... XY (Boy) / BA Seen

5. Tgirltemmy..................... 4/10/22...... XX (Girl) BA Seen/ ported to 25/09/

6. Bloomingbud...... 26/10/22..... XX.......(Girl) BA Seen /

7. MercyMercy...... 1/10/22......... Team Surprise / BA Seen ported to 21/09/BS Seen

8. Sugarcoatted........ 29/10/22.............. Unknown
/ BA Seen

9. AmNuhRegular (twins) 31/10/22..... XX and XY (Girl and Boy) / BA Seen

10. omah1....................... 15/10/22.......Team Surprise/BA seen/ ported to 23/09/

11. Omobithousand ............ 4/10/22 Unknown

12. tikkykay ......... 26/10/22 .......... XX (girl) / BA Seen

13. Chili89 ............ 12/10/22 ......... XY (Boy) / BA Seen

14. mismore ......... 31/10/22 ......... XX (Girl)

15. rashidadegbola....... 31/10/22 ...... XX (Girl)

September Portees:

1. Ohfenrami .....sept 29.... unknown

2.heebah.……..sept 22...... XY(boy)

3. mommafertile/ BA seen/ ported to 3/10/BS Seen

November Portees:
callola / BA Seen/ ported to 5/10/

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vic4real22: 10:09am On Oct 21, 2022
Blessedmum:

Congratulations to you mama, ur Lo is blessed ijn.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 11:04am On Oct 21, 2022
Blessedmum:

Team October with da sauce..... Congratulations mama, your son's arrival shall open new doors of opportunities for you and your family in Jesus name

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 12:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
Blessedmum:

Wow! Long time mama
Congratulations on your successful delivery
So nice to hear from you after a long time

God bless you and your newborn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6785) (6786) (6787) (6788) (6789) (6790) (6791) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: wayisshut and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.