Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6826) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8127647 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6823) (6824) (6825) (6826) (6827) (6828) (6829) ... (6954) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmuMuhsinah(f): 11:43pm On Jan 13, 2023
shutupareyouGOD:
Baby cupboard and other item for sale.. reason: relocation
Quote or message if interested
Price 80k. Bargaining is allowed
Can I have your WhatsApp contact to see what other things you have ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Niceapple: 12:06am On Jan 14, 2023
Missfree:
Pls where are July mamas i beg come out oo

Present ma, edd 12th July 2023
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by deeem: 12:09am On Jan 14, 2023
Belovedbaby:
Good evening mummies,during my routine test today my glucose came out +1, please mummies what should i eat to stop this gestational diabetes because my doctor isn't saying anything for now,he said we should wait and watch it.I can't wait and watch anything for now
+1 doesn't mean you have gestational diabetes. I had +2 in my first pregnancy,was told to do Ogtt test which came out fine. I would advise you take enough water though. I noticed whenever I take enough water it's not found in my urine.I didn't drink water before my antenatal visit today and trace was found. So I think that stuff has alot to do with water intake except you were diabetic before conceiving.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 8:57am On Jan 14, 2023
Mama's in the house, I salute you. Pls I have a question which is really disturbing me. I'm 24weeks pregnant & on Monday during the antinatal vitals they discovered my BP is 140 (i don't know the parameters). I was surprised because it has always been 120. I was placed on vasoprin 75mg 1daily for 2weeks.. I'm worried because I redid the test on Tuesday & it's still 140. I don't know what caused this because I sleep very well & don't think. The only thing I'm suspecting is that I resumed office on that same Monday. Could it be work stress or pls has anyone experienced this & how do I reduce the BP? I'm really worried because it took me 7 years to have this pregnancy & don't want anything to happen 2me or my baby. Thnx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 9:00am On Jan 14, 2023
I'm new here.
My EDD is May 2nd. Though I don't know which one to rely on. My 1st scan says May 2nd but all other scans says April 27th.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 9:16am On Jan 14, 2023
kunmisola:
TEAM MAY 2023

To those of us that have checked the gender, kindly quote this post with the gender so that it will be updated

1. Indian03........................................ May 27th
2. Kunmisola............ May 6th.......... XY
3. Nellyquash........... May 8/10..............XY
4. Funkaish............... May 3rd...............XX
5. Coloredsg......................................May 9th
6. fabulousfay.................................. May 6th
7. Dinabella ............... May 7th.........XX
8. Yumyogo......................................... May 24th
9. kosi2018......................................... May 31st
10. Chylucia........................................ May 20th
11. IryNky................. May 24th.............XY
12. rosey11.......................................... May 28th
13. Iamfertile..................... May 2nd

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JOANDIVA(f): 9:46am On Jan 14, 2023
Team February 2023

Username —————-EDD—-——Gender

1. JOANDIVA————-Feb 8————XX

2. Amazingift01——-

3. Bennytwin———-Feb 14————XY

4. Miracleawesome—Feb 12———XY

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 10:56am On Jan 14, 2023
iamfertile:
I'm new here.
My EDD is May 2nd. Though I don't know which one to rely on. My 1st scan says May 2nd but all other scans says April 27th.

You are welcome to team May mama. God will continue to journey with us. Either way it is April or May, healthy mom and baby is our prayer.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 10:58am On Jan 14, 2023
iamfertile:
Mama's in the house, I salute you. Pls I have a question which is really disturbing me. I'm 24weeks pregnant & on Monday during the antinatal vitals they discovered my BP is 140 (i don't know the parameters). I was surprised because it has always been 120. I was placed on vasoprin 75mg 1daily for 2weeks.. I'm worried because I redid the test on Tuesday & it's still 140. I don't know what caused this because I sleep very well & don't think. The only thing I'm suspecting is that I resumed office on that same Monday. Could it be work stress or pls has anyone experienced this & how do I reduce the BP? I'm really worried because it took me 7 years to have this pregnancy & don't want anything to happen 2me or my baby. Thnx

Sabi mamas, abeg come shook mouth for this matter. There is no need to be worried though, work with your doctor and don't stress yourself. All is well in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
kunmisola:

Sabi mamas, abeg come shook mouth for this matter. There is no need to be worried though, work with your doctor and don't stress yourself. All is well in Jesus name.
All will be well but there’s need to be worried as this is one of the signs of preeclampsia that should be taken seriously so it doesn’t escalate hence the aspirin75mg as a preventive measure from the hospital, if it stays at 140 then they may have to put her on bed rest to prevent them from delivering the baby early. @iamfertile please make sure your doctor is on top on this bp issue and if you feel he’s not doing enough don’t hesitate to switch to where you feel comfortable or a better facility if you can afford it , I’m talking from experience.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2023
iamfertile:
Take your aspirin faithfully after a meal, purchase a good bp monitor to monitor your bp at home at intervals and make sure you’re recording the values you get(tell your doctor what you’re getting). Take this bp matter seriously don’t let it escalate. It is well with you by Gods grace.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shutupareyouGOD: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2023
UmuMuhsinah:

Can I have your WhatsApp contact to see what other things you have ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Missfree: 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2023
Team July Team bellefull

Name. __________ Edd. _________Sex
Missfree____________18
Goldengold2._______14
Ara18. ______________ 22
Niceapple____________12
Cindylee______________24

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldengold2(f): 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2023
Missfree:
Team July Team bellefull

Missfree____________18
Goldengold2._______14
Ara18. ______________ 22
Niceapple____________12
Wow we have cappo at last. Thank you mama kiss

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cindylee: 5:11pm On Jan 14, 2023
Please add me. July 24. Team silent member but decided to join.

Thanks

Missfree:
Team July Team bellefull

Missfree____________18
Goldengold2._______14
Ara18. ______________ 22
Niceapple____________12

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kunmisola(f): 5:28pm On Jan 14, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

All will be well but there’s need to be worried as this is one of the signs of preeclampsia that should be taken seriously so it doesn’t escalate hence the aspirin75mg as a preventive measure from the hospital, if it stays at 140 then they may have to put her on bed rest to prevent them from delivering the baby early. @iamfertile please make sure your doctor is on top on this bp issue and if you feel he’s not doing enough don’t hesitate to switch to where you feel comfortable or a better facility if you can afford it , I’m talking from experience.

Thank you mama. @iamfertile pls work with your doctor and don't stress yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 6:42pm On Jan 14, 2023
Hello Mamas,

Which HMO will accept registration now as bills is killing me ooo. Kindly mention any you know of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 9:23pm On Jan 14, 2023
kunmisola:

You are welcome to team May mama. God will continue to journey with us. Either way it is April or May, healthy mom and baby is our prayer.

Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 9:24pm On Jan 14, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Ok. I'll do that. Thans
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by iamfertile(f): 9:25pm On Jan 14, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Take your aspirin faithfully after a meal, purchase a good bp monitor to monitor your bp at home at intervals and make sure you’re recording the values you get(tell your doctor what you’re getting). Take this bp matter seriously don’t let it escalate. It is well with you by Gods grace.

Thanks.i appreciate
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kadexkadijat(f): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2023
Mamas in the house, please am having pain on my left leg underneath my stomach it's like my pelvic bone. It's paining me. If I should sit down for 30mins or more and standup I would feel a sharp pain on my left leg bone. Like petele(Yoruba), but the problem is if I should press that part it won't pain me but if I should move my leg I would experience the pain again
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ABG2222: 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kadexkadijat:
Mamas in the house, please am having pain on my left leg underneath my stomach it's like my pelvic bone. It's paining me. If I should sit down for 30mins or more and standup I would feel a sharp pain on my left leg bone. Like petele(Yoruba), but the problem is if I should press that part it won't pain me but if I should move my leg I would express the pain again

It's part of pregnancy package ma, your baby is growing and leaning into your pelvic. It will go away without treatment, take your time when you want to get up, you can ask someone to lift you gently,add an extra cushion to your seat and avoid sitting on hard surfaces
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ABG2222: 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
January teams, I really appreciate your messages. Thanks for your sincere advice . You helped calm my nerves

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Missfree: 5:39am On Jan 15, 2023
Goldengold2:
Uwc ma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Onceavictim: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2023
Good morning adorable mummies. Please has anyone use mucas hospital at adealu iyana ipaja? How is their service like?

We just moved into this place newly and the hospital I normally use is now very far from me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 4:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
iamfertile:

It's pregnancy induced bp. I had it in my last pregnancy. At 38 weeks my BP was 140. Not to scare you but doctor told me it's safer the baby is outside as soon as possible. So he gave me 3 days after which I was induced and had my son alhamdullilahi. Where I'm going is, your BP is 140, and you are 24 weeks,I think you need to be monitored in the hospital and taken care of so it won't increase further. I'm thinking the doctor should have suggested admission for proper monitoring because you are still far and it's a precious baby and not just giving you vasoprin and let you go home. Pls you need another doctor opinion on this. the bp will only be back to your usual when you have your baby. Please go to another hospital for second opinion. This is not something you cause or anything, it's Induced by the baby and doctors don't know why only that it will go once the baby is out. I wish you safest delivery ever with your bundle of joy. Seek another doctors opinion pls. It's not your fault at all

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
kunmisola:

There is need for her to drop other things and focus on the baby now ...she needs to be monitored. My advice is to be properly monitored in the hospital

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by indian03: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
Debbieeeeeee:

Exactly mama, her doctor giving just vasoprin and letting her go is not ok by me. I think she needs to seel other experts opinion by changing her hospital

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Missfree: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2023
Goldengold2:
uwc ma oya team bellefull mama come and register ooo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rosey11: 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2023
kunmisola:

I agree with other mama’s response here. The bp indicates preeclampsia which should be taken seriously. Vasoprin is great but is usually started earlier around 12 weeks or so to prevent the hbd. You should go to a doctor that has experience in this area.
He/she might give you bp medication. They also need to check if you have proteins in your urine. Which also indicate preeclampsia. Don’t worry about it, it will be fine with proper care.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 8:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
indian03:

Exactly mama, her doctor giving just vasoprin and letting her go is not ok by me. I think she needs to seel other experts opinion by changing her hospital
The moment high blood pressure is detected in pregnancy they should admit for observation immediately and also check urine for protein so they can be on top the situation. I’m not comfortable at all too.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Debbieeeeeee: 8:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
indian03:

It's pregnancy induced bp. I had it in my last pregnancy. At 38 weeks my BP was 140. Not to scare you but doctor told me it's safer the baby is outside as soon as possible. So he gave me 3 days after which I was induced and had my son alhamdullilahi. Where I'm going is, your BP is 140, and you are 24 weeks,I think you need to be monitored in the hospital and taken care of so it won't increase further. I'm thinking the doctor should have suggested admission for proper monitoring because you are still far and it's a precious baby and not just giving you vasoprin and let you go home. Pls you need another doctor opinion on this. the bp will only be back to your usual when you have your baby. Please go to another hospital for second opinion. This is not something you cause or anything, it's Induced by the baby and doctors don't know why only that it will go once the baby is out. I wish you safest delivery ever with your bundle of joy. Seek another doctors opinion pls. It's not your fault at all
You hit the nail on the head and You couldn’t have said it any better. I have had it twice and the only cure once it’s not coming down is delivery of the baby, every child is precious but waiting for seven years for this and then the doctor is not on top of the situation is not satisfactory enough to me.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6823) (6824) (6825) (6826) (6827) (6828) (6829) ... (6954) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.