Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8147701 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Missfree: 4:09pm On Jun 20, 2023
Goldengold2:
Cappo how are you doing ma? My mind has been with you for few days now. I hope the BP is being managed well too? It is well with you mama. Safe delivery to us all in Jesus name.
Thank you so much am more better now. Very soon the wait will be over thanks for checking on me

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Veracious12: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2023
Team October.
Please I’m new here

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2023
nisot14:
Good day Mamas, My wife is close to 37 weeks now. What can she start taking (drinking or eating) to make delivery less stressful, and when can she start taking it. thanks

Good day,
- Drink ewedu( cooked, juiced , squeezed); which ever she prefers as long as it slimy. Drink at least once a week and more closer to due date.
- Okra water( check online for recipe); Drink at least once a week and more closer to due date.
- pineapple best to blend with the core(the solid inside)
- visit herbal shop they will have herbs to soften her body for easy birth.
- walking and other exercises are good.

If this is your first, it is best you both know that due date is an estimate. Baby can come way before and way after.You both just relax , keep yourself company and enjoy each others company in the other room.
Don't rush to hospital at the contraction unless there is blood or her water has brown stuffs in it / she has a known medical complication. It is best you let contractions to start and progress at home if you live close to the hospital . She should try to listen to her body and watch birth videos( both viginal birth and cesarean births)to help you understand signs to look out for and what to do in various situations.

This is just from my experience ,hope it helps.

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Xcelinteriors(f): 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2023
tosinwill:

Signing out of team November, lost the pregnancy at 15weeks , I hope to be back soon

Safe delivery to everyone 🙏
The Lord is your strength ma'am. God will bless you with healthy pregnancy and children
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2023
tosinwill:

Signing out of team November, lost the pregnancy at 15weeks , I hope to be back soon

It's well with you Mama..You will be back in no time ...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Opedolapo: 8:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
tosinwill:

I'm so sorry for your loss dear. Don't worry, double for your trouble by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Trippleblessing(f): 9:41pm On Jun 20, 2023
nellyquash:
Good day house,
Please what can I use to treat NLA for my son.
I don’t know what they call it in English or Yoruba.
His front hair is gone and it’s breaking too.
The skin discoloration is something else.
The antibiotic I’m giving him, I’m not seeing any changes.

Please help oo

Have you seen a solution to it?
I use the red leaf someone talked about, and I also use onion peels. I get it in bulk from those aboki selling onions, just the dry back, rinse very well, boil and bath the baby with it.

Note: it stains clothes so be mindful of the clothes you wear when bathing baby.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iamlifted2: 9:44pm On Jun 20, 2023
Where are my teamie,team August you have a new member.please where is the golden chair let me pitch my tent here.This is our third missionary journey wink

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nisot14: 10:18pm On Jun 20, 2023
Boliboli760:

Good day,
- Drink ewedu( cooked, juiced , squeezed); which ever she prefers as long as it slimy. Drink at least once a week and more closer to due date.
- Okra water( check online for recipe); Drink at least once a week and more closer to due date.

If this is your first, it is best you both know that due date is an estimate. Baby can come way before and way after.You both just relax , keep yourself company and enjoy each others company in the other room.
Don't rush to hospital at the contraction unless there is blood or her water has brown stuffs in it / she has a known medical complication. It is best you let contractions to start and progress at home if you live close to the hospital . She should try to listen to her body and watch birth videos( both viginal birth and cesarean births)to help you understand signs to look out for and what to do in various situations.

Thanks for the info Ma, Well understood. 🙏
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 1:44am On Jun 21, 2023
Veracious12:
Team October.
Please I’m new here
Welcome teamie... Drop your edd and baby gender of you have checked
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 1:45am On Jun 21, 2023
tosinwill:

May the console you and give you double soon. Be strong
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 1:47am On Jun 21, 2023
Iamlifted2:
Where are my teamie,team August you have a new member.please where is the golden chair let me pitch my tent here.This is our third missionary journey wink
Welcome mama... This your name sounds familiar oo
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by izaray(f): 11:06am On Jun 21, 2023
Boliboli760:

Good day,

I was told that drinking of lipton tea once you're 9months also helps by reducing the weight of the baby and making delivery easy. Pls do you have any idea about this too?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
izaray:
I was told that drinking of lipton tea once you're 9months also helps by reducing the weight of the baby and making delivery easy. Pls do you have any idea about this too?

The thing is different things works for different bodies at different times. Every pregnancy is different.
Check out my own case;

I drank raspberry leaf tea(used abroad cos that is what grows here, naija has surplus) for my last two pregnancies. For both I was overdue.
- The 3rd one I had CS cos I surrendered myself to the doctor and they broke my water to induce labour. Labour did start but it was not progressing within their own save window. So they played it safe by going for CS due to hospital policy. FYI, I did drink caster oil too but it never put be into real labour. I had 3 sweeps, it did not put me into labour. My cervix was checked alot while in labour, it gave me and baby an infection after birth.Baby came out weighing 3.680kg.

- The 4th one I was 2 weeks overdue and baby was weighing 4kg but did not ask for any help from the hospital and I had no medical problem. Listened to my body and drank a bit of caster oil( only for if overdue and having little contractions but want to progress quick) with juice . That put me into labour and I had my baby at home over 2 hours later. Baby came out vaginally weighing 4.180kg with very very tiny tear that did not need any stitches. That was my biggest baby ever. No sweep, no cervical checks, no infections.

So my point is, the job is in the hands of the mother and the father. Your strength, your preparation and research can help you get the result you want. Birthing position matters a lot too. I laboured and gave birth on all fours(hands and legs on the floor) which made a lot of difference compared to lying on the bed.

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 1:06pm On Jun 21, 2023
Labour position that can practice and do when in labour. Instant of ball you can mount on pillows on table to position yourself.

https://www.thebump.com/a/birthing-positions

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jophy: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2023
What can I use to get rid of dandruff on my son's scalp.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by izaray(f): 2:26pm On Jun 21, 2023
Boliboli760:

The thing is different things works for different bodies at different times. Every pregnancy is different.
Check out my own case;

I drank raspberry leaf tea(used abroad cos that is what grows here, naija has surplus) for my last two pregnancies. For both I was overdue.
- The 3rd one I had CS cos I surrendered myself to the doctor and they broke my water to induce labour. Labour did start but it was not progressing within their own save window. So they played it safe by going for CS due to hospital policy. FYI, I did drink caster oil too but it never put be into real labour. I had 3 sweeps, it did not put me into labour. My cervix was checked alot while in labour, it gave me and baby an infection after birth.Baby came out weighing 3.680kg.

- The 4th one I was 2 weeks overdue and baby was weighing 4kg but did not ask for any help from the hospital and I had no medical problem. Listened to my body and drank a bit of caster oil( only for if overdue and having little contractions but want to progress quick) with juice . That put me into labour and I had my baby at home over 2 hours later. Baby came out vaginally weighing 4.180kg with very very tiny tear that did not need any stitches. That was my biggest baby ever. No sweep, no cervical checks, no infections.

So my point is, the job is in the hands of the mother and the father. Your strength, your preparation and research can help you get the result you want. Birthing position matters a lot too. I laboured and gave birth on all fours(hands and legs on the floor) which made a lot of difference compared to lying on the bed.
Thank u so much

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldengold2(f): 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Missfree:
Thank you so much am more better now. Very soon the wait will be over thanks for checking on me
You are welcome mama smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Goldengold2(f): 10:56pm On Jun 21, 2023
Jophy:
What can I use to get rid of dandruff on my son's scalp.
Dentinox shampoo is an option. You can use it for babies of 0-2years.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 10:48am On Jun 22, 2023
September mamas in the house,
How are we all doing

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jenny855(f): 10:49am On Jun 22, 2023
Lewalemanto:
Team September 2023

New members y'all welcome.. By now we should know the sex of our babies or is it too early?...lol...

Name......................Edd..........Sex
1. Jenny855.................05........
2. Esthy111.................15.......
3. Latty88..…...….........17....….
4. Leemah50..............20........
5. Lewalemanto.....…30........
6. Akintola213...........30........

Safe delivery strong mamas. God gat us!

How are we all
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Latty88(f): 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2023
Jenny855:

How are we all

We dey kampe
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Cynophilepetts(m): 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2023
Hello everyone, my wife is pregnant, did test yesterday and it was positive but i think its still very early stage because we only went for the test since her period was late for 2days,so yesterday evening around after 7pm she noticed a brownish/red discharge with mucus, we called the doctor immediately and we have appointment for 8am this morning, she noticed another spot 2hrs later last night, so early this morning the flow started and was normal blood, we got to the hospital and doctor assessed her and did scan, so it was a multiple pregnancy so one embryo is still left, so she has been admitted so she can rest and to monitor her at least for 3days, its said that where she will carry the baby i dont know maybe womb or uterus sha the opening is wide i guess because she did hydrotubation some several weeks back. Now m confused n my feelings is weird been looking upto god for a child almost 2yrs now and not happy this is now happening. Please has anyone has experience of this before..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by akintola213: 3:57pm On Jun 22, 2023
Jenny855:

How are we all

I’m fine oo..but pls I’ve been having this pelvic pain since yesterday night,it hurts so bad..is it normal? I’m 25weeks now
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Briells: 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2023
BA! BA!!

We welcomed our princess in the early hours of today. EDD 26th June, DOB 22 June…. Mother, baby, daddy and elder sister are all fine. To God be the glory

27 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2023
Briells:
BA! BA!!

We welcomed our princess in the early hours of today. EDD 26th June, DOB 22 June…. Mother, baby, daddy and elder sister are all fine. To God be the glory

Congratulations Mama, Baby welcome to our world 🥰

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UmuMuhsinah(f): 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2023
Briells:
BA! BA!!

Congratulations to your family and welcome princess

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2023
Mama You will be back soon. So sorry to hear that.
tosinwill:

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pinkdimples: 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2023
Jenny855:

How are we all
You may end up with august mamas 🥰 since your edd is early September 💃💃💃💃💃 that's if you are not a first time mum 🤭🤭🤭

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JaneyJaney: 10:13pm On Jun 22, 2023
Good evening everyone. Please, can anyone tell me which hospital in Lagos around Ogba/Ikeja/Agege I can go to for a mammogram. I would really appreciate a response.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6896) (6897) (6898) (6899) (6900) (6901) (6902) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dhinmmar(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.