Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6933) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8154092 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6930) (6931) (6932) (6933) (6934) (6935) (6936) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jemimahgogo(f): 2:42pm On Oct 19, 2023
Please at 36 weeks
Is 3kg too much weight for the baby
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by okirewaju(f): 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2023
Jemimahgogo:
Please at 36 weeks
Is 3kg too much weight for the baby
No
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 9:12am On Oct 20, 2023
Hello Everyone. I decided to host @afribirther first Instagram live and you are all(moms &dads) invited tonight. African pregnancy discussion for Africans by Africans. So we can discuss about ewedu, ose abiwere, okra,ewe abiwere , medical terms , hospital procedures, birthing
positions and much more.

Please DM me any questions, especially first time moms. I might know a thing or two, or help you ask other experienced moms.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by jjaney: 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2023
butterfly55:

Congratulations dear and thank you so much. I'm in my 6 weeks. The first trimester really sucks. I'm always feeling nausea, dizziness, cramps and heartburn. Always craving malt. No food is good in my mouth. I always have cramps anytime I eat anything. I intended to be a silent follower but your story helped me and uplifted me a lot.

Thank you. I am glad the story is helpful and uplifting for you. All the nausea and other things you feel will subside gradually, it's all part of the process. You will testify at the end of it by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jemimahgogo(f): 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2023
Please November mamas, I'm currently 36 weeks. Just this afternoon I started feeling sever pain in my pelvis like I have never felt before. I can't even walk.
Please is this normal, what can I do to relieve the pain. Also is a 3kg baby too big for 36weeks plus?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2023
Jemimahgogo:
Please November mamas, I'm currently 36 weeks. Just this afternoon I started feeling sever pain in my pelvis like I have never felt before. I can't even walk.
Please is this normal, what can I do to relieve the pain. Also is a 3kg baby too big for 36weeks plus?

Thanks in anticipation
Maybe baby wants to come early go to the hospital and asked to be checked just in case 3kg is not too big

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2023
Any November mama that can help in updating the list should do so I think I can't do that with this moniker again I Sha don't understand anytime I try it I will be banned for a day.
November mamas how are we doing o how body how are our los doing...My side here I don't know if this baby wants to come early or is just playing sometimes I just feel pain like menstrual pain for a while and it goes am prepared if it's porting it's allowed sha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2023
Cappo good to hear from you, the baby is making preparation to come. For me I'm ready to port like this.
Tinudesi:
Any November mama that can help in updating the list should do so I think I can't do that with this moniker again I Sha don't understand anytime I try it I will be banned for a day.
November mamas how are we doing o how body how are our los doing...My side here I don't know if this baby wants to come early or is just playing sometimes I just feel pain like menstrual pain for a while and it goes am prepared if it's porting it's allowed sha

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thedarkened: 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2023
Boliboli760:
Hello Everyone. I decided to host @afribirther first Instagram live and you are all(moms &dads) invited tonight. African pregnancy discussion for Africans by Africans. So we can discuss about ewedu, ose abiwere, okra,ewe abiwere , medical terms , hospital procedures, birthing
positions and much more.

Please DM me any questions, especially first time moms. I might know a thing or two, or help you ask other experienced moms.

Chai! I wasn't online yesterday, i could have joined. I really missed!! Is this kind of lecture still gonna come up anytime soon ma'am?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JewelBukky(f): 1:32am On Oct 22, 2023
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by dobnina(f): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2023
Good day mamas. I have some stuffs to give out to a pregnant mom who can't afford to buy the things listed below. Pls note. I used them for my baby but no longer in need of it cos I don lock shop. I have thrown the keys into River Niger.
Location is Ringroad Ibadan. I will prefer someone in Ibadan for easy pickup.
Baby bath and Basket
Electric breast pump
Baby sac 2
Baby shawls
Baby clothes
Baby bed with net

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2023
dobnina:
Good day mamas. I have some stuffs to give out to a pregnant mom who can't afford to buy the things listed below. Pls note. I used them for my baby but no longer in need of it cos I don lock shop. I have thrown the keys into River Niger.
Baby bath and Basket
Electric breast pump
Baby sac 2
Baby shawls
Baby clothes
Baby bed with net

Thank you so much ma'am. God bless
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 7:35pm On Oct 22, 2023
Yes, there will be more live sessions, just the begining. I am currently broadcasting live on instagram @afribirther , you can join in. But will also be constantly uploading the Live videos on the websites, youtube and social media platforms.

thedarkened:

Chai! I wasn't online yesterday, i could have joined. I really missed!! Is this kind of lecture still gonna come up anytime soon ma'am?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2023
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LagracedeDieu(f): 4:51am On Oct 23, 2023
BS! BS! BS!

A little journey down to 2020

We got married in 2020. We had our plans on childbirth. We wanted to wait for 3 months before starting a family. After those 3 months, we started trying and nothing was forth coming. It was a loonnnnngggggg journey!

Different hospital visits and appointments. Different tests, scans, etc. The overall outcome remains - nothing was wrong with both of us.

I was placed on different types of drugs - the side effects of those drugs were crazzzzyyyy.

I was gifted a book by my wonderful colleague (former) - Supernatural Childbirth. I read the book, digested it, made the confessions therein almost everyday.

One of the longest periods of a woman's life is waiting for the next cycle to see if she'll at least miss her period. The wait is always LONG!

Each time my period came, was always an emotional time for myself and hubby but along the line, my faith in God was built and I wiped my tears and told the devil ENOUGH! I'll not cry again! That was it!

Was it easy? NOOOOOOO! Not when people who got married after you are pregnant, giving birth left, right and center and the people are asking all manner of questions.

In all these, I had people who were genuinely praying for us and encouraging us - the "bestest" gift!

2021 - nothing! Not even a missed or delayed period!
2022 - same story!

Early 2023, I got a new job with better pay and work experience, so, I made up my mind to focus on the new job, I made up my mind to be more committed in the house of God and other plans to achieve.

Early February, I saw what I thought was blood stain so I went to get pad. The following day, nothing came, meanwhile, I was already feeling the normal PMS so, I thought to myself maybe the delay is due to stress from my new job. Waited for 2 more days and nothing!

I bought PT strip, did the test and saw one thick line and a small faint line - I did not know what to feel!

Repeated it the following day - same thing! I did not tell my husband all along. I snapped it and sent to my sister. She started rejoicing but I was skeptical. I did not want my hopes to be raised unnecessarily.

2 days later, did blood test and shocked shocked shocked I was PREGNANT! Unbelievable! I did not know what to feel!

Valentine's Day celebration was close, I wanted to make it as a surprise announcement to my husband but. . . I could not wait grin

Told my husband that same night. It was emotional! We prayed, thanked the Lord and committed the journey of 9 months into his hands!

Indeed, God is faithful! Was the journey smooth? Not really but grace for the whole 9 months was supplied. I enjoined divine strength that sometimes I would have forgotten I'm carrying a child not until I feel tired, I'll have to remind myself to slow down.

1st trimester was a bit bumpy - nausea, tiredness, etc

2nd trimester was the easiest - I just dey fine, dey glow any how.

3rd trimeter - I was always tired but I enjoyed God's strength!

Labor and childbirth
Contractions started on the 12th of October - on and off. Went to work came back. Same thing on the 13th. I came back from work, entered the market to buy stuff, made egusi soup we had dinner. By few minutes past ten, the contractions were getting stronger by the minutes, I was thinking, I could manage it but hubby said we should head to the hospital.

Got there few minutes past 11pm, I was checked and I was just 2 cm. But the pains were not funny. I was there and from time to time, a nurse will come and check how far. It got to 6cm and then 8cm and then, my water was broken.

By 10am in the morning I was taken into the delivery room. I was told what to do but my brain was not processing anything because I was already tired and weak!

Time to push, I kept trying to push but it seems my strength was failing me - God bless the midwives! They were encouraging! THey kept praying for me!

My husband! Oh! God gave me the best of his sons! He was there all through - praying and encouraging me on! I don't know what I'll do without this great man!

After sometime of pushing, our princess arrived on the 14th of October at 12:56pm weighing 3.6kg.

In all, my heart is filled with gratitude to God for this wonderful gift.

Looking at her face as I type this morning, all I can say is God's word will always come to pass no matter what. She is a fulfilment of God's word for my husband and I.

I pray for those TTC, you'll carry your babies soonest!

All pregnant mommas, you'll deliver safely, without unnecessary stress.

I see you all

#teamoctober

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 9:07am On Oct 23, 2023
LagracedeDieu:
BS! BS! BS!

We got married in 2020. We had our plans on childbirth. We wanted to wait for 3 months before starting a family. After those 3 months, we started trying and nothing was forth coming. It was a loonnnnngggggg journey!

Different hospital visits and appointments. Different tests, scans, etc. The overall outcome remains - nothing was wrong with both of us.

I was placed on different types of drugs - the side effects of those drugs were crazzzzyyyy.

I was gifted a book by my wonderful colleague (former) - Supernatural Childbirth. I read the book, digested it, made the confessions therein almost everyday.

One of the longest periods of a woman's life is waiting for the next cycle to see if she'll at least miss her period. The wait is always LONG!

Each time my period came, was always an emotional time for myself and hubby but along the line, my faith in God was built and I wiped my tears and told the devil ENOUGH! I'll not cry again! That was it!

Was it easy? NOOOOOOO! Not when people who got married after you are pregnant, giving birth left, right and center and the people are asking all manner of questions.

In all these, I had people who were genuinely praying for us and encouraging us - the "bestest" gift!

2022 - same story!

Early 2023, I got a new job with better pay and work experience, so, I made up my mind to focus on the new job, I made up my mind to be more committed in the house of God and other plans to achieve.

Early February, I saw what I thought was blood stain so I went to get pad. The following day, nothing came, meanwhile, I was already feeling the normal PMS so, I thought to myself maybe the delay is due to stress from my new job. Waited for 2 more days and nothing!

I bought PT strip, did the test and saw one thick line and a small faint line - I did not know what to feel!

Repeated it the following day - same thing! I did not tell my husband all along. I snapped it and sent to my sister. She started rejoicing but I was skeptical. I did not want my hopes to be raised unnecessarily.

2 days later, did blood test and shocked shocked shocked I was PREGNANT! Unbelievable! I did not know what to feel!

Valentine's Day celebration was close, I wanted to make it as a surprise announcement to my husband but. . . I could not wait grin

Told my husband that same night. It was emotional! We prayed, thanked the Lord and committed the journey of 9 months into his hands!

Indeed, God is faithful! Was the journey smooth? Not really but grace for the whole 9 months was supplied. I enjoined divine strength that sometimes I would have forgotten I'm carrying a child not until I feel tired, I'll have to remind myself to slow down.

Labor and childbirth
Contractions started on the 12th of October - on and off. Went to work came back. Same thing on the 13th. I came back from work, entered the market to buy stuff, made egusi soup we had dinner. By few minutes past ten, the contractions were getting stronger by the minutes, I was thinking, I could manage it but hubby said we should head to the hospital.

Got there few minutes past 11pm, I was checked and I was just 2 cm. But the pains were not funny. I was there and from time to time, a nurse will come and check how far. It got to 6cm and then 8cm and then, my water was broken.

By 10am in the morning I was taken into the delivery room. I was told what to do but my brain was not processing anything because I was already tired and weak!

Time to push, I kept trying to push but it seems my strength was failing me - God bless the midwives! They were encouraging! THey kept praying for me!

My husband! Oh! God gave me the best of his sons! He was there all through - praying and encouraging me on! I don't know what I'll do without this great man!

After sometime of pushing, our princess arrived on the 14th of October at 12:56pm weighing 3.6kg.

Looking at her face as I type this morning, all I can say is God's word will always come to pass no matter what. She is a fulfilment of God's word for my husband and I.

I see you all

#teamoctober
This is encouraging,may she be all she prayed for.
To all those waiting the Lord will visit them and safe delivery to other mamas

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatmutt64(f): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2023
Good day everyone. I can't believe I will be back here so soon. I have a 15 months old baby and am currently 25 weeks gone. I have been depressed for a long time. I just gather courage to come back now. I hope am welcome back. Edd early February 2024. I wish us all a save and perfect delivery.

16 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2023
Mama congratulations. God is faithful
LagracedeDieu:
BS! BS! BS!

2022 - same story!

Labor and childbirth

I see you all

#teamoctober

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thedarkened: 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2023
Boliboli760:

Yes, there will be more live sessions, just the begining. I am currently broadcasting live on instagram @afribirther , you can join in. But will also be constantly uploading the Live videos on the websites, youtube and social media platforms.

Okay, that's fine. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2023
Welcome back hun. You've got this, there is a lot more support if you need it. I am making sure I build a solid community for preggo mamas, present and future. Contact me on IG @afribirther to let me know how we can be of help.

greatmutt64:
Good day everyone. I can't believe I will be back here so soon. I have a 15 months old baby and am currently 25 weeks gone. I have been depressed for a long time. I just gather courage to come back now. I hope am welcome back. Edd early February 2024. I wish us all a save and perfect delivery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2023
Congratulations mama on your bundle of joy.. You are an inspiration. Please let me know if I can upload your Birth story on www.afribither.org.
When you approve, I will put in the "Birth story after TTC" category. And if you want to upload it yourself by signing up, we would love to have you as part of the growing community.

LagracedeDieu:
BS! BS! BS!

2022 - same story!

Labor and childbirth

I see you all

#teamoctober

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatmutt64(f): 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2023
dobnina:
Baby bath and Basket
Electric breast pump
Baby sac 2
Am interested in these items ma am in soka Ibadan how can I contact you ma. Thanks and God bless
Baby shawls
Baby clothes
Baby bed with net
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatmutt64(f): 7:45pm On Oct 23, 2023
Am interested in these items ma am in Ibadan Soka yo be precise. How can I contact you to come for it thanks ma.
dobnina:
Baby bath and Basket
Electric breast pump
Baby sac 2
Baby shawls
Baby clothes
Baby bed with net

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fineire: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
Awwww... congratulations ma. God bless our little princess.
Cappo Sunbestie trust you re recovering fast. Kisses to Lo
LagracedeDieu:
BS! BS! BS!

2022 - same story!

Labor and childbirth

I see you all

#teamoctober

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gratefulheart2(f): 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2023
Good evening wonderful mamas. Please how good is ilepo general hospital? What days are their antenatal days and time? Wishing us all a healthy and successful 9 months journey.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ICFinvestor1: 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2023
Bethany is a 6 month old baby girl born to Sarah (Mother) and James (father). Bethany was born full term via vaginal delivery, weighing 7 lbs 11 oz.

Sarah tried breast feeding for several months but had to return to work full time meaning milk production decreased as she was not able to express as often. She has been feeding Bethany Aptamil 1 First Infant Milk since she ceased breastfeeding. Bethany’s last weight at 3 months was 6 kg.  Her weight today (6 months) is 7.0 kg. Her length today is 66 cm.

From taking a 24hr recall with Sarah you gather that Bethany has roughly 4 feeds/day, with each feed being 210 ml. However Sarah does explain that some days this is a bit less, but cannot give exact details. James is not able to give an accurate answer bit echoes those from Sarah.

There appear to be no medical issues that are relevant to this case. Both Sarah and James explain that Bethany’s bowel movements are OK, and that she has never suffered with reflux.

Both James and Sarah lead very busy lives, meaning that care of Bethany can sometimes be a little chaotic. You ask both parents about weaning and they are unsure exactly about the process and how this should be achieved.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR CASE REPORT
Your coursework should be presented as a case study report, fully referenced using the Harvard referencing style, containing the following sections:

·        Title
·        Introduction
o   A brief outline of the importance of nutrition during infancy, and the purpose and content of the report.
·        Methods
o   Briefly explain where nutritional information was collected from
o   What guidelines were used to derive nutritional requirements from
·        Results
o   Plot current weight and height on growth chart (must be included as figure).
o   Describe your main findings of the analysis. Note a table may be useful to show requirements alongside current estimated intakes.

·        Discussion
o   Make an informed judgement about the status of your client
o   Are there any specific nutrients of concern? What is the evidence base for their importance in health and disease? Are their limitations to the quality of evidence?
o   Interpretation of growth an nutritional status – discuss possible consequences of current nutritional status
o   Consider the wider determinants of health that may impact nutritional intake of your client.
·        Conclusion
o   Short summary of the key points of the discussion
·        Reference list
All references must follow the required Harvard referencing style.
Please I am in need of help now on this case study, please
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 11:37pm On Oct 23, 2023
Cappo @Sunbestie
How are you doing?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 9:22am On Oct 24, 2023
November mamas. How are we?
Battling with pelvic pain and occasional headaches.
Looking forward to the next two weeks, just maybe, nature will smile at me. I'm sooooooo tired.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 10:54am On Oct 24, 2023
bimberry1307:
November mamas. How are we?
Battling with pelvic pain and occasional headaches.
Looking forward to the next two weeks, just maybe, nature will smile at me. I'm sooooooo tired.
That headache hope it's not stress try and get rest o ....Me am looking forward to next week I can't even walk properly again self

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by thejourney200: 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
greatmutt64:

Happy for you madam and nothing to be depressed about. I am sure when you look back in the near future, you will be glad you did when you did. As for the strength to cope with them, I trust God to grant you this.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 7:11pm On Oct 24, 2023
BA! BA !! BA!!!

I hereby announce the birth of my princess today at 3.05pm.
Edd 30th October
Dob 24th October via V.D with no tear.

Baby weigh 2.5kg.
B.S coming later once I rest well.

28 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2023
Anna20:
BA! BA !! BA!!!

I hereby announce the birth of my princess today at 3.05pm.
Edd 30th October
Dob 24th October via V.D with no tear.

Baby weigh 2.5kg.
B.S coming later once I rest well.
This is what I love hearing... congratulations mama, kisses to your princess.

Awaiting bs

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6930) (6931) (6932) (6933) (6934) (6935) (6936) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.