Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6934) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8177741 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6931) (6932) (6933) (6934) (6935) (6936) (6937) ... (6958) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 7:10am On Oct 25, 2023
I'm fine Teamie. Sorry for the headache, try and rest when you are stressed. May nature smile on us all.
bimberry1307:
November mamas. How are we?
Battling with pelvic pain and occasional headaches.
Looking forward to the next two weeks, just maybe, nature will smile at me. I'm sooooooo tired.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gratefulheart2(f): 7:14am On Oct 25, 2023
Please any idea what days are the antenatal days of Orile Agege general hospital at ilepo? And their antenatal time?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Anna20(f): 7:55am On Oct 25, 2023
bimberry1307:

This is what I love hearing... congratulations mama, kisses to your princess.

Awaiting bs

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by butterfly55(f): 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
jjaney:

Thank you. I am glad the story is helpful and uplifting for you. All the nausea and other things you feel will subside gradually, it's all part of the process. You will testify at the end of it by God's grace.

Amen and Amen! I'm still going through the nausea and cramps but not much like before. The first trimester has really no remedy. Thank you very much for reaching out to me. Also I'm so glad I found this trend.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fineire: 2:19am On Oct 26, 2023
BA!!! BA!!!
With Jesus Joy,we welcomed our bundle of joy on the 25/10/23. Bs loading...
But in the meantime, wishing all preggy Mamas safe and easy delivery

26 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 6:54am On Oct 26, 2023
Congratulations Mama. God bless your princess
Anna20:
BA! BA !! BA!!!

I hereby announce the birth of my princess today at 3.05pm.
Edd 30th October
Dob 24th October via V.D with no tear.

Baby weigh 2.5kg.
B.S coming later once I rest well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 6:55am On Oct 26, 2023
Mama Congratulations 😘
Fineire:
BA!!! BA!!!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by greatmutt64(f): 8:58am On Oct 26, 2023
Thanks ma
thejourney200:

Happy for you madam and nothing to be depressed about. I am sure when you look back in the near future, you will be glad you did when you did. As for the strength to cope with them, I trust God to grant you this.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2023
Fineire:
BA!!! BA!!!
Congratulations ma'am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SoCalm: 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2023
REPOST!
Some one posted this a few years back and I thought to share.
Sorry for the long post

Diapers (buy one pack newborn, 2 packs size 1 and one pack size 2, to get you through that first few weeks. Then buy according to size after). newborns can go through 8 diaper changes daily (!!!! ) and boys pee more, but don't buy too many because you can't predict size of your baby and you don't know quickly they will grow (I've seen a baby go from newborn to size 2 in 3 weeks). so at least 1 or 2 pack of newborn diapers will hopefully last you for a week and if your baby still needs newborn, buy weekly. If after it finishes your baby needs size 1, at least you have 2 packs at home to give you time before having to run to the supermarket or market to buy more.

Baby wipes: look for the unscented ones, less likely to irritate skin.

Diaper rash cream: Sudafed is what all my sisters used (especially the one who is a pharmacist). But try and change your baby once it gets wet so it's not sitting in a wet diaper that ends up causing diaper rash.

onesies (if you're in Nigeria, get the sleeveless or short sleeved version. Do the same, one pack of 5 newborn, a one pack size 0-3).

try not to buy too many newborn sizes as babies grow like beans (very quickly). Even better, inherit some from others (I just got a lot of onesies and newborn clothing from someone whose baby has outgrown hers, so I didn't bother buying clothes).

Same with clothes and shoes, try not to buy too many until 3-6 months (God knows how many times I have been driven insane looking for one leg of baby shoe or sock that fell somewhere. And it wasn't even my own pikin sef grin ) get a few mittens until your liver is strong enough to file or cut those really sharp baby nails (because they will scratch their faces).

Receiving blanket, a few caps and some wrappers for swaddling. Ejoor look for really thin wrapper (the old type they sold was better and cotton, a breathable fabric which means less heat. So raid a parent's cupboard for their old wrapper). Or buy muslin swaddle blanket (size 44"x44" minimum).

Burp cloths: I don't like the terrycloth ones (those ones that look like towels) because they don't absorb well. Instead get the cotton clothe diaper (that rectangular fabric that's thick). Works like a charm and sometimes cheaper.

Do you have a car? If yes, get a car seat (convertible preferred over infant but you will most likely find infant more in Nigeria). Chicco and Graco make good brands.

It's upto you to decide if you want to buy pacifiers. One pack should be fine.

Bassinet and cot: if you can also inherit this from someone, do (they tend to be pricey). If not, just buy a travel bassinet and remember some babies hate cots (though eventually you will want your bed back and kick the baby out to their cot).

Towels: don't buy baby towels, they are usually very thin and stay damp longer and breakdown faster (mine was from Mothecare). Preferably buy regular very soft towel (100% cotton) which will last longer. Same with washcloth.

lots of small nylon bags and big trashbags for diaper disposal and a pack of Baking soda and a good dustbin with a lid. When you dispose of dirty diapers, use a good bin with a tight cover and sprinkle some baking soda at the bottom of the dustbin (this helps to trap odours). At the end of the day, you tie up trashbag and take it outside (instead of constantly running after every diaper change to fling it).

Baby set: please look for one that has nail cutter, thermometer, comb, nasal pump, baby medicine spoon, nail file. Avent sells one like that.

No need for stroller, especially if in Nigeria. Which road is not dusty and uneven unless you're in the mall. Get a baby carrier (Bjorn makes good ones, they're expensive but I inherited my sisters own 10 years later. Quality is cheaper in the long run).

Diaper bag: lots of decent ones out there (I got a messenger bag type so my hubby could carry it, my sister used a strong backpack). Look for one that has changing pad inside it.

Olive oil and Shea butter for body cream rather than baby body creams. I hear most of the Johnson's on the market is fake and at least Shea butter is cheap, natural and does a beautiful job, same with olive oil.

Baby wash

Bibs (look for one size fits all).

Treated mosquito net

Bouncy chair and activity gym (so you can keep your baby somewhere if you need to have your hands free, like when bathing or cooking or just watching tv or answering the phone. Activity gym is for when baby starts rolling, put it on the floor (because I'm tired of hearing stories like "my baby rolled off the chair and fell on the floor, should I go to the hospital?? ".

an electronic sterilizer set (microwave) because all the doctors in my house dislike sterilizing tablets. But it is your choice sha. Avent makes one sterilizer set that comes with feeding bottles so no need to buy any more.

Plastic spoon and plate (but you won't need this for a while).

Are you breastfeeding, pumping or doing formula?

Please don't dress your baby up more than you. If you feel hot, your baby feels hot (even faster). If you feel cold, your baby feels cold (even faster). So unless you're constantly in an a.c. on blast, ejoor let your baby relax and use less clothing. Yes, Mama Nkechi or Mama Teni will have all sorts of unnecessary and unwanted advise to give you, but please listen to your common sense. Please listen to your common sense more.

Please don't give your child baby paracetamol or agbo to drink. The only person giving you medical advise should be a pediatrician (who will also tell you what to do and how to treat circumcision and umblical cord.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Koremum: 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
Tinudesi:

That headache hope it's not stress try and get rest o ....Me am looking forward to next week I can't even walk properly again self
BA!! BA!!!BA!!!!I give God all the glory as I welcome my princess this morning,Edd Nov 6,DOB Oct 26.I wish all the remaining preggy mommas safe delivery,there shall be no loss in Jesus name,I'll update my BS later make I rest small cos I delivered through elective CS.@cappo Tinudesi BA submitted.

15 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2023
Koremum:
BA!! BA!!!BA!!!!I give God all the glory as I welcome my princess this morning,Edd Nov 6,DOB Oct 26.I wish all the remaining preggy mommas safe delivery,there shall be no loss in Jesus name,I'll update my BS later make I rest small cos I delivered through elective CS.@cappo Tinudesi BA submitted.
Wow!!! November mama don port o.
Congratulations ma'am. Kisses to your princess...
So happy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SoCalm: 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2023
Koremum:
Congrats momma

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 8:45am On Oct 27, 2023
November's Mamas Don dey drop BA. Congratulations ma'am. God bless your princess.
Koremum:

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 1:11pm On Oct 27, 2023
Congratulations to all the October and Nov mummies that are dropping it hot hot.

I have been in and out of the hospital these few days.... Baby is doing very well🥰she no dey take breast play 😄

My BP is getting better and I'm trying to rest and avoid stress.... Doing this omugwu with DH and my younger sister will take over once DH leaves for work.

Awaiting More goodnews from you all

13 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2023
Afternoon everyone. Congratulations to everyone that have had their lovely babies and to the preggo mamas, you are almost there. To all that TTC and that have gone through losses, my you experience blessings beyond your wildest dreams. For all sharing their BIRTH STORIES, we don't know how much impact we are making. But these stories are really encouraging and very inspiring.

I have copied all 2023 Birth stories, it wasn't easy. That is the reason why I created the public forum, https://afribirther.org/. To have things well organised, so other pregnant mamas can have access to the stories without having to find them. Please if you shared your story on here in 2023 and you don't want me to share, kindly let me know. I tried to reach out to different accounts on here, but as you all are aware, there is no direct messaging on nairaland. Which makes it difficult to contact each other online.

Please, mamas with October , November and future dates, if you can please upload on the forum www.afribirther.org it will be much appreciated. You can also send it to reachout@afribirther.org . Each month have their own forum thread, I made the website user friendly and you can easily message other mamas.

If you want to be a contributor, please get in touch too. Keeping busy doing something positive during pregnancy and after birthing can be quite fulfilling and therapeutic.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 9:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
Koremum:
Wow congratulations our first November baby is here....May she be everything u prayed for....Other November mamas how are we doing any signs yet ...on my side am having contractions that goes and come I pray it ends in praise for us all

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tinudesi(f): 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2023
Team November 2023
1.Koremum....Nov26.......XX.......delivered Oct26

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SoCalm: 12:33am On Oct 28, 2023
1.Tinudesi...........…Nov15.......................XX
2.bimberry1307....Nov16...................... XY
3.Joanudy...............Nov11......................XX
4.Socalm.................Nov30
5.Koremum............Nov6........................ XX
6.Mumandme........Nov22
7.Jemimahgogo.....Nov21.......................XY
8.Jumeaux..............Nov............................XX.
9.mjblinks...............Nov24.......................XX
10.AbleGodDidIt....Nov24...….................XY
Team November no loss team easy delivery.
Cc: Cappo Tinudesi

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 5:26am On Oct 28, 2023
SoCalm:
1.Tinudesi...........…Nov15.......................XX
2.bimberry1307....Nov16...................... XY
3.Joanudy...............Nov11......................XX
4.Socalm.................Nov30
5.Koremum............Nov6........................ XX
6.Mumandme........Nov22
7.Jemimahgogo.....Nov21.......................XY
8.Jumeaux..............Nov............................XX.
9.mjblinks...............Nov24.......................XX
10.AbleGodDidIt....Nov24...….................XY
Team November no loss team easy delivery.
Cc: Cappo Tinudesi

Present.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bimberry1307(f): 5:31am On Oct 28, 2023
Tinudesi:

Wow congratulations our first November baby is here....May she be everything u prayed for....Other November mamas how are we doing any signs yet ...on my side am having contractions that goes and come I pray it ends in praise for us all
Cappo, we're fine but I've been purging for two days now. I don't know why. Can poop like 3 to 4 times in a day
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fineire: 9:16am On Oct 28, 2023
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fineire: 9:46am On Oct 28, 2023
Bs!! Bs!!Bs!!
The summary of our birth story is...Gracified !
Pregnancy journey was quite eventful. My mouth was constantly salivating, couldn't keep food down in the 1st trimester,so i fed majorly on fruits(ah! water melon,mango,cucumber and garden egg came to the rescue). To control saliva when at work or in public,I had olive fruit in my mouth until it stopped working for me. But through it all, I enjoyed good health.
Did I mention I could not stand smells?(Good smell).This lasted till after delivery self.
Fast forward to 35 weeks, started having off and on contractions and I was happy,thinking it's a sign that baby wants to come early unlike my previous pregnancy that lasted for 41weeks and few days. But I guess my mind was playing on me.
Went for antenatal on the 24th of October and after I was attended to, the matron said she would advice I do a membrane sweep to force start labour. According to her the scan I did at 36 weeks shows that baby is already 3.6kg, and I am now 39 weeks(three weeks after scan,baby would have gained more weight) + my first baby weighed 3.9kg so there is every possibility that this baby will also be big or even bigger. ( The shalaye is sha too much). So immediately she met with the Dr...she explained her reasons for her decision to the Dr and the both saw reasons. Who are my to say no! Besides the idea of putting to birth soonest made so much sense cause I was already tired.
Membrane sweep was done around 9:30 am that same day. I was asked to go home and return for observation in 4hrs. By the time I returned to the hospital around 1:30pm.I was 3cm gone already. I thought it was good progress. The midwife sha did another membrane sweep again and wanted to admit me since the progress is fast but I declined.So was told to return in another 4hrs if contractions is bearable. When I got to the hospital around 6pm, I was told I was still at 3cm and this could even be false and just be an opening as a result of hand entry for the sweep.( At this point I was not finding the back and forth drama funny.I was having contractions and the intensity was on an increase yet you are telling me you are not sure what I am feeling is genuine. At this point,the asked that if labour does not progress in the cause of the night,I should do a biophysical scan and bring the result to the hospital the following day. The outcome of the result will determine if the can induce me or will do a Ceserean section to bring baby out.
When I returned home that night,the discomfort was on a high,so I decided to walk around. Did this for more than 2hours and finally went to bed. At a point, it seemed the whole contractions buhaha stopped and I was getting worried already. At about 4 am in the morning, contractions returned in full force. Was having 2 contractions in 5 minutes, membrane ruptured after the 1st four contractions, immediately I saw mucus plug. I knew we needed to be on our way to the hospital. Yet, I didn't want to get there too early(I felt I have had enough varginal examinations already). When we finally arrived the hospital around 4:30 am, I was told I was 7cm dilated. The speed at which the were attending to me,I thought baby would be out in less than 10 minutes but that was not the case.
When I finally got to 10 cm,I was told that my lip was yet to give way,so I should hold on and try as much as possible not to push. My dear,this was the hardest part, because the pain was almost unbearable. I was at this point for almost 15 minutes.
Finally at 6:12am, our bundle of joy came forth, in a melodious tune and at that moment I forgot the whole pain I was feeling or had felt. Placenta followed 8 minutes later. Grace started it,Grace sustained it and Grace completes it!
Wishing every preggy on this group safe and easy delivery. Cappo Sunbestie, bs submitted!

42 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Joanudy: 10:43am On Oct 28, 2023
Congratulations ma'am. Glory be to God.
Fineire:
Bs!! Bs!!Bs!!
Pregnancy journey was quite eventful. My mouth was constantly salivating, couldn't keep food down in the 1st trimester,so i fed majorly on fruits(ah! water melon,mango,cucumber and garden egg came to the rescue). To control saliva when at work or in public,I had olive fruit in my mouth until it stopped working for me. But through it all, I enjoyed good health.
Did I mention I could not stand smells?(Good smell).This lasted till after delivery self.
Fast forward to 35 weeks, started having off and on contractions and I was happy,thinking it's a sign that baby wants to come early unlike my previous pregnancy that lasted for 41weeks and few days. But I guess my mind was playing on me.
Went for antenatal on the 24th of October and after I was attended to, the matron said she would advice I do a membrane sweep to force start labour. According to her the scan I did at 36 weeks shows that baby is already 3.6kg, and I am now 39 weeks(three weeks after scan,baby would have gained more weight) + my first baby weighed 3.9kg so there is every possibility that this baby will also be big or even bigger. ( The shalaye is sha too much). So immediately she met with the Dr...she explained her reasons for her decision to the Dr and the both saw reasons. Who are my to say no! Besides the idea of putting to birth soonest made so much sense cause I was already tired.
Membrane sweep was done around 9:30 am that same day. I was asked to go home and return for observation in 4hrs. By the time I returned to the hospital around 1:30pm.I was 3cm gone already. I thought it was good progress. The midwife sha did another membrane sweep again and wanted to admit me since the progress is fast but I declined.So was told to return in another 4hrs if contractions is bearable. When I got to the hospital around 6pm, I was told I was still at 3cm and this could even be false and just be an opening as a result of hand entry for the sweep.( At this point I was not finding the back and forth drama funny.I was having contractions and the intensity was on an increase yet you are telling me you are not sure what I am feeling is genuine. At this point,the asked that if labour does not progress in the cause of the night,I should do a biophysical scan and bring the result to the hospital the following day. The outcome of the result will determine if the can induce me or will do a Ceserean section to bring baby out.
When I returned home that night,the discomfort was on a high,so I decided to walk around. Did this for more than 2hours and finally went to bed. At a point, it seemed the whole contractions buhaha stopped and I was getting worried already. At about 4 am in the morning, contractions returned in full force. Was having 2 contractions in 5 minutes, membrane ruptured after the 1st four contractions, immediately I saw mucus plug. I knew we needed to be on our way to the hospital. Yet, I didn't want to get there too early(I felt I have had enough varginal examinations already). When we finally arrived the hospital around 4:30 am, I was told I was 7cm dilated. The speed at which the were attending to me,I thought baby would be out in less than 10 minutes but that was not the case.
When I finally got to 10 cm,I was told that my lip was yet to give way,so I should hold on and try as much as possible not to push. My dear,this was the hardest part, because the pain was almost unbearable. I was at this point for almost 15 minutes.
Finally at 6:12am, our bundle of joy came forth, in a melodious tune and at that moment I forgot the whole pain I was feeling or had felt. Placenta followed 8 minutes later. Grace started it,Grace sustained it and Grace completes it!
Wishing every preggy on this group safe and easy delivery. Cappo Sunbestie, bs submitted!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fineire: 8:52pm On Oct 28, 2023
Thank you mama
Joanudy:
Mama Congratulations 😘
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 11:06pm On Oct 28, 2023
Congratulations, so glad mum and baby are doing great. Please let me know if I can upload your birth story on https://afribirther.org/ . You can reply whenever you are free to.

Fineire:
Bs!! Bs!!Bs!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by butterfly55(f): 8:52am On Oct 29, 2023
Fineire:
Bs!! Bs!!Bs!!

Congratulations Mama! All Glory to God!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LarryCork: 3:59pm On Oct 29, 2023
nky4success:
Thanks dear for your response, I will give it a trial.

helo good morning good aftanooon good evening how are u plus how do u do?. please do u hav yannnsh??(no oofencse) smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2023
Fineire:
Bs!! Bs!!Bs!!
Congratulations mama... Truly grace found us

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2023
Koremum:
Congratulations mama.. quick recovery.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2023
Anna20:
Cappo @Sunbestie
How are you doing?
Am doing good and you?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sunbestie(f): 4:38pm On Oct 29, 2023
Anna20:
BA! BA !! BA!!!

I hereby announce the birth of my princess today at 3.05pm.
Edd 30th October
Dob 24th October via V.D with no tear.

Baby weigh 2.5kg.
B.S coming later once I rest well.
Wow! Congratulations ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6931) (6932) (6933) (6934) (6935) (6936) (6937) ... (6958) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.