Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6943) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8147096 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6940) (6941) (6942) (6943) (6944) (6945) (6946) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Barmi30: 4:02am On Jan 04
greatmutt64:
safe delivery to you sister
thanks love.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Barmi30: 4:06am On Jan 04
Esthered:
BA and BS

My princess came at 10.53pm last night weighing 2.6kg, EDD 21.01.24
I went for my antenatal appointment yesterday and I complained that I have seen water thrice not knowing that I ought to have rushed to the hospital since the first day I saw it last week.
I was scheduled to be induced in the evening as I begged to go to the office to take permission and do a proper handover.
I got to the hospital by past 5 as against the 4 PM appointment time.
I was given misoprostol under my tongue to enable contraction. The doctor examined me and realized there was no water, membrane was gone and I was 5cm dilated.
I was given antibiotics that made me vomit since I had lost water for over a week and risked chorioamnionitis.
I started having contractions in about an hours time. I ate and was chatting to eliminate fear while having contractions of 8 minutes apart.
I was later moved to delivery ward when I felt like excreting.
The contraction was so painful. I was administered oxytocin to enable the cervix dilate as it was still hard and I have only gotten to 6cm.
By past 10, I had to hold my buttocks when the contraction hits to restrict myself from pushing because I wasn't up to 10cm.
The nurse then asked me to open my legs and saw that the head had crowned. She then said the next contraction, I should push.
I made sure to listen to my body and when it hit, I pushed as instructed and she came out with no tear. I later delivered placenta.
I wish all mamas still waddling a safe and stress free delivery. I also use myself as a point of contact for TTC women that they too shall bear their young.
congratulations ❤️

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 9:57am On Jan 04
Barmi30:
congratulations ❤️
Thank you so much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 1:21pm On Jan 04
Congratulations Esthered, She will forever be a source of joy to you and your family
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 2:12pm On Jan 04
House please help, Eczema won finish my face I thought it was cos I changed my soap but now have return back to using my soap for almost a month now....Though I noticed d eczema immediately I got pregnant but it cleared off after 3weeks and now it's back with full force
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 11:50pm On Jan 05
Pweetiebabe:
Congratulations Esthered, She will forever be a source of joy to you and your family
Amen. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 9:08am On Jan 06
Congratulations @Esthered
God bless your baby , Amen 🙏

Happy New Year and Happy First Saturday to all mamas and papas here, God bless all our LOs, Amen.

Do have a lovely weekend ❤

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by IceDune: 10:44am On Jan 06
Esthered:
BA and BS

My princess came at 10.53pm last night weighing 2.6kg, EDD 21.01.24
I went for my antenatal appointment yesterday and I complained that I have seen water thrice not knowing that I ought to have rushed to the hospital since the first day I saw it last week.
I was scheduled to be induced in the evening as I begged to go to the office to take permission and do a proper handover.
I got to the hospital by past 5 as against the 4 PM appointment time.
I was given misoprostol under my tongue to enable contraction. The doctor examined me and realized there was no water, membrane was gone and I was 5cm dilated.
I was given antibiotics that made me vomit since I had lost water for over a week and risked chorioamnionitis.
I started having contractions in about an hours time. I ate and was chatting to eliminate fear while having contractions of 8 minutes apart.
I was later moved to delivery ward when I felt like excreting.
The contraction was so painful. I was administered oxytocin to enable the cervix dilate as it was still hard and I have only gotten to 6cm.
By past 10, I had to hold my buttocks when the contraction hits to restrict myself from pushing because I wasn't up to 10cm.
The nurse then asked me to open my legs and saw that the head had crowned. She then said the next contraction, I should push.
I made sure to listen to my body and when it hit, I pushed as instructed and she came out with no tear. I later delivered placenta.
I wish all mamas still waddling a safe and stress free delivery. I also use myself as a point of contact for TTC women that they too shall bear their young.

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 11:48am On Jan 06
IceDune:

Congrats
Thank you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Esthered: 11:48am On Jan 06
sweetlady4real:
Congratulations @Esthered
God bless your baby , Amen 🙏

Happy New Year and Happy First Saturday to all mamas and papas here, God bless all our LOs, Amen.

Do have a lovely weekend ❤
Thank you and Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Adanambra1(f): 4:14pm On Jan 06
Thank you Jesus. WE had my baby yesterday. 5th January 2023. He was 4kg at 40 weeek and 4 days
A baby BOY. Natural Vaginal Birth. No Epidural or Inducement

yes lot of VJ stictches. mum dad and Baby in good condition

21 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 5:29pm On Jan 06
Adanambra1:
Thank you Jesus. WE had my baby yesterday. 5th January 2023. He was 4kg at 40 weeek and 4 days

Congratulations...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hamzashaf99(f): 6:57pm On Jan 06
Adanambra1:

Congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Barmi30: 7:41pm On Jan 06
Adanambra1:

congratulations❤️
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Halcyon123(f): 9:47pm On Jan 06
Cappo whyworryPh I sight you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 9:33am On Jan 08
Are you pregnant or planning to get pregnant, then this is for you. @healthful.remedies and @afribirther are doing a very educative tiktok live on Friday. You don't want to miss it... Join in, Listen , Ask questions and transform your pregnancy journey for the best experience

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by SoCalm: 11:10am On Jan 08
We don’t get see any VBAC birth stories.
Mommas who have experience your birth story can inspire someone.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 11:19am On Jan 08
SoCalm:
We don’t get see any VBAC birth stories.
Mommas who have experience your birth story can inspire someone.
Kindly check my profile, I shared mine in May 2023 it was VBA3C. An incredible homebirth, I also shared few videos on YouTube. @SoCalm

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 1:40pm On Jan 10
Hello mamas and papas. This is your Kiddies Thrift vendor, e ku ojo meta o (it's been a while). How are you and yours? smiley
I'm still in the business of easing market stress off you and bringing to you first grade Uk Thrift wears for your cuties from newborn to 10 years.
Get your baby's bodysuits, sleepsuits, rompers, socks, bibs, caps, mittens etc at the most affordable price starting from #500 from @remkiddiesthrift and you'll be so pleased. Delivery available all over Nigeria, I am based in Lagos.
Send me a WatsApp message on 0 7 0 1 2 7 2 9 3 1 3 to view pictures and place your order, thanks.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jrabbit: 11:31am On Jan 12
All ye Preggo mummies, I beseech thee please make sure ypu eat, load up on those calories, snack between meals and most importantly test for and treat malaria. This is very important.
Had my baby without complications Godwillingly and few days later malaria almost took me out. 1st day of the new year I was on dextrose and quinine drip cause I tested positive for malaria ++.
Please even if your health care provider doesn't offer it, test and treat it accordingly.
God bless

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 12:45pm On Jan 12
How can I lose this belly fat biko , I couldn't tie or do exercise then because I did CS. Now my tummy look like am still pregnant )-: . I need suggestions pls .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:02pm On Jan 12
Na wa o, dis place is so dry... Team January wetin dey sup now? All our 2024 mamas make ina show face now haba

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by futuremoma34: 4:26pm On Jan 12
Pweetiebabe:
Na wa o, dis place is so dry... Team January wetin dey sup now? All our 2024 mamas make ina show face now haba

Lol..country hard

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Rusa(f): 5:35pm On Jan 12
I am team January. All my scans and test were pretty ok till Teusday. Got High blood pressure reading of 150/90. Surprisingly, I had no headache. No pain, nothing. I am also a FTM and not in Nigeria. My gynaecologist want an induction but I wish to have a normal labour, so we are watching it. There’s no protein in my urine, blood test is superb, but I am guessing the HBP is hereditary.

I will be 39 weeks gone tomorrow, tomorrow I go for monitoring to see how baby is doing.

Great testimonies awaits us all. Amen

17 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 10:34pm On Jan 12
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2A5zSEIxfS/?igsh=NzE0aDd6anhseXA=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le2V6abU6QY

So much to learn from this Instagram Live, try to watch it during for free time. Ewedu juice will not induce your labour but it will help you a great deal during labour.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 10:36pm On Jan 12

You will be absolutely fine if you don't go for induction. Keep an eye on your blood pressure, rest, drink and use safe natural remedies.

Please watch the above video, we talked about it.

Rusa:
I am team January. All my scans and test were pretty ok till Teusday. Got High blood pressure reading of 150/90. Surprisingly, I had no headache. No pain, nothing. I am also a FTM and not in Nigeria. My gynaecologist want an induction but I wish to have a normal labour, so we are watching it. There’s no protein in my urine, blood test is superb, but I am guessing the HBP is hereditary.

I will be 39 weeks gone tomorrow, tomorrow I go for monitoring to see how baby is doing.

Great testimonies awaits us all. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ebowo(f): 7:16am On Jan 13
Good morning all! This nzu of a thing, hope it will not cause stomach upset o , someone said it helps with morning sickness ...pls help o,if u know anything about nzu, thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by futuremoma34: 1:21pm On Jan 13
Boliboli760:

You will be absolutely fine if you don't go for induction. Keep an eye on your blood pressure, rest, drink and use safe natural remedies.

so you mean, she should not follow her doctor recommendation? The other day you told a mama that you gave birth virginal after 3cs and you told her nothing will happen. How you mislead people in this forum Just to cause traffic in this platform is terrible. Please stop the lies

9 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:54pm On Jan 13
Boliboli760:

how on earth will she keep an eye on blood pressure, wot if she no get machine to constantly check her Bp, then I don't know why u will be advising a pregnant woman to go against her Doc. Advice....na wa o

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 9:52pm On Jan 13
To be honest I know where you are coming from and I have once had the same mentality that you have now. It is like telling a student not to listen to their teacher. We believe so much in the institutions and we forget they are humans and depend alot on machines. So I am not surprised by what you have typed. All that I am typing requires a level of understanding. It is 2 things, it is either you get it or you don't get it.
If you don't get it, that is fine. But I implore you and everyone to seek for knowledge. Knowledge is power, knowledge can make you understand things deeper and clearer. Deep knowledge is not a popular opinion, but it is the truth.

futuremoma34:
so you mean, she should not follow her doctor recommendation? The other day you told a mama that you gave birth virginal after 3cs and you told her nothing will happen. How you mislead people in this forum Just to cause traffic in this platform is terrible. Please stop the lies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Boliboli760: 10:08pm On Jan 13
I understand, not everyone has a blood pressure machine.In cases like this, the hospital told her to come for regular checkup to see if her blood pressure has gone down. I am simply saying ,she should keep an eye on it whenever it is checked to make sure the resting and herbs she uses are working well. So she will know the things that are working for her and stick to it.

Doctors are humans, just like everyone else. They have personal bias just like everyone else. The earlier we understand this, the better for us all.

As a pregnant woman, do your research and do things that are good for you. Why can't the doctor recommend things you can do to help with your blood pressure? Why offer induction? When they know fully well that a failed induction can lead to CS. Why offer to put chemicals , artificial product into your body as the one and only option ?

Induction involves them putting artificial products into your body or breaking your waters. The first intervention can lead to more and more intervention that can lead to having a CS. In many cases, if you don't go into labour simply means your body is simply not ready for labour.

Please I might not respond or go back and forth as I don't want to disturb the flow of the forum. I appreciate your opinion, because we don't comprehend somethings doesn't make it a lie or misleading. You can contact me with my signature if you want to converse further.

Pweetiebabe:
how on earth will she keep an eye on blood pressure, wot if she no get machine to constantly check her Bp, then I don't know why u will be advising a pregnant woman to go against her Doc. Advice....na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Orente21(f): 6:23am On Jan 14
Goodmorning to every mama here. Knock knock knock. Team August here I come. I am back for the last time. 3rd journey cool

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6940) (6941) (6942) (6943) (6944) (6945) (6946) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.