Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (6950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8155474 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) (6952) (6953) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ffafolayan: 8:38pm On Feb 29
AmakaRuby:
Good afternoon Mamas and papas in the house... Please, this is my first pregnancy, I'm 2 months gone.. My last period was on the 30 of December, flo app says I'm 8 weeks and will be 9 weeks by tomorrow, while Glow app says I will be 9 weeks on Saturday and my scan says I'm 9 weeks and 1day(as at Tuesday). The issue is, I noticed slight bleeding when I wiped on Friday last week, noticed another on Sunday (it's only shows when I wipe and doesn't come with pain, wait, just on Sunday I felt pain). So, I had to go to the hospital for checkup and was told to do scan which the result showed Moderate subchorionic hemorrhage, threatened miscarriage but my baby was fine (doctors confirmation) and heart beats were noticed.. Now, the doctor placed me on duphaston(1 daily), vitamin C, some red and black multivitamins, diazepam 10mg (cos I barely sleep) he asked me to be on bed rest.

Now yesterday, I went to buy some things not too far from my house (I walked there several times though) ate party jollof (cos I've been craving for it) I slept early only to wake up later at night to pee and I saw blood when I wiped (TMI) not much still. Had to stay awake cos I couldn't sleep again and was doing research. On my research, I found out that diazepam is not good for pregnancy and early pregnancy (yet I was placed on it for 3days. I've taken it twice but decided not to take it again).

Please mama's what can I do? I read the subchorionic hemorrhage goes on its own or sometimes might be a cause for concern and also duphaston may cause vaginal bleeding...Please this is my first pregnancy after trying for years πŸ™

Hi Momma.

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

But I'll say take your bed rest seriously, especially if you've been TTC. I believe there's no cravings that can't be controlled. Im sure you didn't go out just because of jollof rice though πŸ˜„.

As for the drugs, why don't you seek second opinion from a professional? Either check with another gynaecologist. I was given duphaston too coz of my history of miscarriage, but I didn't use it. (I didn't take one dose of it). But you should not be like me oo😊. I stubborn small 🀏. If you need, I have two packs I can give for free. You will most likely use it till first trimester ends only.

For now, PLEASE observe your total bed rest.

It will end in testimony.

Also, google can be the worst helper sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ffafolayan: 8:43pm On Feb 29
Tgirltemmy:

I'm just 4 months and my tired is tired. I didn't even get 2 years break. The other little human no just send me. undecided

Abeg, shey you people don't have something we can use to fast forward time ni?

Tired is an understatement. I just want my stomach sleeping position back please!

I'm in 3rd trimester too, but pelvic bone pain and even tailbone no send me oo

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by YModulosGodSon: 8:19am On Mar 01
AmakaRuby:
Good afternoon Mamas and papas in the house... Please, this is my first pregnancy, I'm 2 months gone.. My last period was on the 30 of December, flo app says I'm 8 weeks and will be 9 weeks by tomorrow, while Glow app says I will be 9 weeks on Saturday and my scan says I'm 9 weeks and 1day(as at Tuesday). The issue is, I noticed slight bleeding when I wiped on Friday last week, noticed another on Sunday (it's only shows when I wipe and doesn't come with pain, wait, just on Sunday I felt pain).

Now yesterday, I went to buy some things not too far from my house (I walked there several times though)πŸ™

Hi AmakaRuby, I may not be able to categorically advise on the drugs prescripted but PLEASE TAKE YOUR BED REST VERY SERIOUSLY IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER, especially since this is your first pregnancy. Do not bend to lift heavy objects or even walk around too much like you already did. I can’t emphasise this enough please.

May God see you through the journey πŸ™

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmakaRuby: 10:20am On Mar 01
ffafolayan:

Hi Momma.

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

But I'll say take your bed rest seriously, especially if you've been TTC. I believe there's no cravings that can't be controlled. Im sure you didn't go out just because of jollof rice though πŸ˜„.

As for the drugs, why don't you seek second opinion from a professional? Either check with another gynaecologist. I was given duphaston too coz of my history of miscarriage, but I didn't use it. (I didn't take one dose of it). But you should not be like me oo😊. I stubborn small 🀏. If you need, I have two packs I can give for free. You will most likely use it till first trimester ends only.

For now, PLEASE observe your total bed rest.

It will end in testimony.

Also, google can be the worst helper sometimes.

I actually did, which I still blame myself... I've started the bed rest yesterday.... Please I will need the duphaston cos I was just given 2 weeks dosage.

Amen πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

My hubby is a bit helpful but he says I should not just lay on the bed all through the day, once in a while I should take few steps..
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmakaRuby: 10:21am On Mar 01
YModulosGodSon:

Hi AmakaRuby, I may not be able to categorically advise on the drugs prescripted but PLEASE TAKE YOUR BED REST VERY SERIOUSLY IN THE FIRST TRIMESTER, especially since this is your first pregnancy. Do not bend to lift heavy objects or even walk around too much like you already did. I can’t emphasise this enough please.

May God see you through the journey πŸ™

Amen πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™ thank you so much.. I stopped taking the diazepam but still on duphaston
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hadebiimiipee(f): 10:55am On Mar 01
AmakaRuby:
Good afternoon Mamas and papas in the house... Please, this is my first pregnancy, I'm 2 months gone.. My last period was on the 30 of December, flo app says I'm 8 weeks and will be 9 weeks by tomorrow, while Glow app says I will be 9 weeks on Saturday and my scan says I'm 9 weeks and 1day(as at Tuesday). The issue is, I noticed slight bleeding when I wiped on Friday last week, noticed another on Sunday (it's only shows when I wipe and doesn't come with pain, wait, just on Sunday I felt pain). So, I had to go to the hospital for checkup and was told to do scan which the result showed Moderate subchorionic hemorrhage, threatened miscarriage but my baby was fine (doctors confirmation) and heart beats were noticed.. Now, the doctor placed me on duphaston(1 daily), vitamin C, some red and black multivitamins, diazepam 10mg (cos I barely sleep) he asked me to be on bed rest.

Now yesterday, I went to buy some things not too far from my house (I walked there several times though) ate party jollof (cos I've been craving for it) I slept early only to wake up later at night to pee and I saw blood when I wiped (TMI) not much still. Had to stay awake cos I couldn't sleep again and was doing research. On my research, I found out that diazepam is not good for pregnancy and early pregnancy (yet I was placed on it for 3days. I've taken it twice but decided not to take it again).

Please mama's what can I do? I read the subchorionic hemorrhage goes on its own or sometimes might be a cause for concern and also duphaston may cause vaginal bleeding...Please this is my first pregnancy after trying for years πŸ™

There is nothing wrong with diazepam in early stage of pregnancy.

When your doctor says bedrest, they mean bedrest. You are not helping your cause by going up and down to get stuffs. When observing bedrest you should limit your activities to the barest minimum. If and where possible, household chores should even be out of it. Just eat, sleep and repeat.

I don't know where you are getting your information from oooo, duphaston prescribed by your doctor is the right medication right now because of the threatened miscarriage you are currently experiencing (and you will likely take it throughout your first trimester).

Like I said earlier, you are not observing your bedrest, and that is where the case lies, not the drugs your doctor prescribed.

May you carry your baby to term in Jesus name, you may also seek a second professional advise if you feel the need to.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmakaRuby: 11:41am On Mar 01
Hadebiimiipee:

When your doctor says bedrest, they mean bedrest. You are not helping your cause by going up and down to get stuffs. When observing bedrest you should limit your activities to the barest minimum. If and where possible, household chores should even be out of it. Just eat, sleep and repeat.

I don't know where you are getting your information from oooo, duphaston prescribed by your doctor is the right medication right now because of the threatened miscarriage you are currently experiencing (and you will likely take it throughout your first trimester).

Like I said earlier, you are not observing your bedrest, and that is where the case lies, not the drugs your doctor prescribed.

May you carry your baby to term in Jesus name, you may also seek a second professional advise if you feel the need to.

Amen πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™
Thank you so much mama... I started full bed rest yesterday, only get up to pee, bath and eat.. I am still on duphaston but stopped diazepam as I can sleep now.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AmakaRuby: 12:12pm On Mar 01
Please, can I take duphaston at anytime of the day or I should take it at same time every day?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shilz(f): 6:04pm On Mar 01
AmakaRuby:

congrats ,please there’s nothing wrong in taking diazepam,I was on it for 3 nights too.let you gynecologist know you didn’t complete the dosage and please you need all the rest.it is well with you.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 6:23pm On Mar 01
ffafolayan:

Abeg, shey you people don't have something we can use to fast forward time ni?

Tired is an understatement. I just want my stomach sleeping position back please!

I'm in 3rd trimester too, but pelvic bone pain and even tailbone no send me oo
Haaa, I wish there's a way d time can be fast forwarded o cos my tiredness is tired.... Just few minutes ago I burst into tears cos I was tired and weak, imagine dealing a sick 16months old, 2 nights of sleepless and I have to back dis madam sometimes.... Another 3years+ is still there that always want to do dsame sis her baby sis did..... Omo mother's are d real MVP

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 11:35am On Mar 02
Pweetiebabe:
Haaa, I wish there's a way d time can be fast forwarded o cos my tiredness is tired.... Just few minutes ago I burst into tears cos I was tired and weak, imagine dealing a sick 16months old, 2 nights of sleepless and I have to back dis madam sometimes.... Another 3years+ is still there that always want to do dsame sis her baby sis did..... Omo mother's are d real MVP

More strength to you mama. My 15 month madam won't even let me be. I miss my freedom o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tgirltemmy(f): 11:37am On Mar 02
Please who knows any local malaria for pregnant woman. I'm just 18 weeks. Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LKO(m): 1:33pm On Mar 02
Hadebiimiipee:

My wife is 39 weeks gone, visited the clinic on Tuesday for ANC. Scan result says baby head has not yet turned. The senior matron on duty says no cause for alarm, insisting baby would turn later since baby is small 2.3kg, first time mum. We are seriously worried. Your opinion is needed please. Thanks.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:02pm On Mar 02
Tgirltemmy:

More strength to you mama. My 15 month madam won't even let me be. I miss my freedom o
Freedom keh? Say bye bye to that o, cos d only time u re free is when this tiny human being are sleeping

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 3:04pm On Mar 02
LKO:

My wife is 39 weeks gone, visited the clinic on Tuesday for ANC. Scan result says baby head has not yet turned. The senior matron on duty says no cause for alarm, insisting baby would turn later since baby is small 2.3kg, first time mum. We are seriously worried. Your opinion is needed please. Thanks.
why not seeek the advice of d Doc in that hospital? Cos baby that has not turn at 39weeks, d probably of him or her turning before birth is slim
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by LKO(m): 5:35pm On Mar 02
Pweetiebabe:
why not seeek the advice of d Doc in that hospital? Cos baby that has not turn at 39weeks, d probably of him or her turning before birth is slim

Thank you. Would do that on Tuesday, her next appointment.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UnconventionalT: 7:30pm On Mar 02
Hello mamas. It's my first time on this thread, I have nowhere else to post this.
My baby was born light skinned from birth with dark ears. His ears have since brightened up to his face whilst his body is dark.
I have bought baby black soap and body butter online to get his whole body to have one color but it's not working.
He is already 3 months, is this normal? His father is light skinned and I'm on the dark side.

My second question, how do mummys here dispose their babies diapers? I have truckload of use ones in the house, my mum doesn't want me to dispose it off to the waste management people cos of fear of using baby diapers for juju cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Timitoyo: 9:05pm On Mar 02
UnconventionalT:
Hello mamas. It's my first time on this thread, I have nowhere else to post this.
My baby was born light skinned from birth with dark ears. His ears have since brightened up to his face whilst his body is dark.
I have bought baby black soap and body butter online to get his whole body to have one color but it's not working.
He is already 3 months, is this normal? His father is light skinned and I'm on the dark side.

My second question, how do mummys here dispose their babies diapers? I have truckload of use ones in the house, my mum doesn't want me to dispose it off to the waste management people cos of fear of using baby diapers for juju cheesy

To the 2nd question, I burn them in the refuse pit. If you don't have one , then dig a small hole and burn ( that's if it's your own compound ) if not look for a metal bucket to do it .

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by UnconventionalT: 9:34pm On Mar 02
Timitoyo:

To the 2nd question, I burn them in the refuse pit. If you don't have one , then dig a small hole and burn ( that's if it's your own compound ) if not look for a metal bucket to do it .
Thank you. I'll do that in the coming week.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 4:56pm On Mar 03
6950 posts

Hi

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 4:58pm On Mar 03
Tgirltemmy:
Please who knows any local malaria for pregnant woman. I'm just 18 weeks. Thank you

See your doctor

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 4:59pm On Mar 03
Ladyj2015:
Please I'm a first time Mom to be, my EDD is 31st March.
I want to buy baby skin care products now but I'm must confused.
I want the best, can you guys help me out?

One babies item seller recommended "foreign smoothy" as the baby moisturizer.

@zaynie sells
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:03pm On Mar 03
Ladyj2015:
Good day mommas in the house, please I want to know if it's normal to deliver your baby naturally a month before your EED?
If it's not, please what are the implications?

I'm asking this because I'm 35weeks gone, but have been having contractions since my 33weeks(my stomach gets very tight often). My midwife has been monitoring me with drugs and had advised I should stop manual activities as well as going to work.
I have been following all advise but seems the baby very stubborn, tho thank God baby heart rate is always normal whenever checked and has been kicking fine too
I pray It doesn't led to CS,
Tho this is my first time, I pray for normal VDπŸ™πŸ™, help me oh God

My first son EDD July 7 2019. Delivered him June 14

Second son 8August 2021, delivered him July 15 grin

But the both was @37wks.

So maintain bedrest, it'll be alright

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:05pm On Mar 03
Pweetiebabe:
Team May mamas how far? Omo e be like say 3rd trimester is giving me some of 1st trimester vibes o....Omo pelvic/pubic joint pain won wound my enemy, but we keep pushing

Awwwwn ooo
Congratulations
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 5:11pm On Mar 03
wonyi:

she finally poo the ear ring. After taking higher dose of paraffin and plenty fruits. I was terrified

I swallowed a lot when I was that age. Coin, watch battery, earrings.

I wonder how my mother felt cry

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:30pm On Mar 03
FloraEC:

Awwwwn ooo
Congratulations
Thanks Mami

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Pweetiebabe(f): 9:32pm On Mar 03
FloraEC:

it's like someone is back for another missionary journey
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wonyi: 9:39pm On Mar 03
FloraEC:

My dear, only God that watches over children. Innocently they do a lot of b_ d things
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Preciousify(f): 11:30pm On Mar 03
May God protect all pregnant mothers.

My sister-in-law had a miscarriage. It's so painful. Pls anyone is need of Duphaston 10mg should indicate. Her husband bought excess packs of it. She doesn't need it anymore. Going for 8k each pack.
0.8.0 two five 108100

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ffafolayan: 11:42pm On Mar 03
[sup][/sup]
AmakaRuby:

I actually did, which I still blame myself... I've started the bed rest yesterday.... Please I will need the duphaston cos I was just given 2 weeks dosage.

Amen πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

My hubby is a bit helpful but he says I should not just lay on the bed all through the day, once in a while I should take few steps..

Where do you stay? You can call me for the duphaston.

0805- 736- 1- five hundred...
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 6:43am On Mar 04
Pweetiebabe:
it's like someone is back for another missionary journey

I've burnt my boots o

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by FloraEC(f): 6:44am On Mar 04
wonyi:

My dear, only God that watches over children. Innocently they do a lot of b_ d things

God will give us the strength we need to protect them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6947) (6948) (6949) (6950) (6951) (6952) (6953) ... (6956) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.