Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,870 members, 7,859,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 07:41 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (737) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8255661 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (6961) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 5:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Mamas owing us birth stories, pls kindly come and share so we all can learn from your experience. Thanks in advance. #teamoctober# counting down.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2015
Beryl15:

Make I add small grin

DH-Dear Husband

DD-Dear Daughter

DS-Dear Son

BTDT-been there done that.

MIL-mother in-law

SIL-sister in-law

And the list goes on....

Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gtkay(f): 7:42am On Sep 18, 2015
Sabi mamas I'm having cramps o.... Just 33weeks gone. My body aches too especially my inner legs, the groin area. Are all these part of the package too?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 8:44am On Sep 18, 2015
gtkay:
Sabi mamas I'm having cramps o.... Just 33weeks gone. My body aches too especially my inner legs, the groin area. Are all these part of the package too?

I am happy to inform you that it's all part of the package wink smiley

Cramps - at 33 weeks, you are experiencing Braxton hicks. It will go on and off till true labour starts. Just focus on something else when it's happening.

Groin pain, leg aches - your baby is engaging ie descending down to your pelvis getting ready for birthing. The added weight may cause you some discomfort in your groin and legs. Take short walks and rest well in between. It is necessary to keep active always.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Kimoni: 8:49am On Sep 18, 2015
ManchyBabe:
Hello mummies,

Who do I register with & how much is my due payable oo.

HELP!

Ftm here, after ttc for (5 Longggggg years) #Team march# 14weeks

Please I have noooo appetite, I can go a whole day without eating. It started with me hating most food (mind you I didn't experience MS), just natural hatred (food aversion). All my best food are now worst and I don't want to hear the names, my Doc suggest it's psychological, that I have to learn liking them one at a time again..

I HATE FOOD INSHORT! embarassed angry

mubzay:
Pls help me, am feeling so sick n tired. Nausea has gotten d bst of me n t happens 24/7. Vomits any time of d day even at nights. My legs av bn cold/warm dt signals malaria. What shud I do ?

Sorry mamas. @Dr Modath has a Phd in this "no appetite and vomiting" department, she will come and answer you soon. Una doh

Me I be consumer if I get belle o, I no dey miss any parry that time sef wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 9:00am On Sep 18, 2015
Morning mamas. Abeg make una help me. I misplaced my hospital list and i can't remember the page where someone posted d list of things to buy and take along to the hospital. Can someone post d plzzzz . Tnx

Team oct o. Been forming 2nd timer so i haven't done any shopping. Dr just told me that i'm on my own considering my history of giving birth long before edd. Abeg i wan shop next week coz i'm getting lazy as d day goes by. Bikonu helep me make i no go dey stranded for hospital
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 9:03am On Sep 18, 2015
gtkay:

Yes it is, though i didn't experience it with my first. You can imagine my panic wen the groin pain started. I tot it was premature labour grin

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 9:33am On Sep 18, 2015
@kendraloops
I'm fixed but I'm above 35 & a vet of 3 CS, I'm done..

@ favoredgal
Your paralysis crippled analogy wasn't in jest but grin cheesy,

You told no lie about how hard adoption is though.

@mubzay @ ManchyBabe

Na to just have the grace to endure, take each day as it comes, it may stop anytime soon, it could last the whole gestation period..

Mama @kimoni lied , i have gone beyond phd, i be prof emeritus in the field of NVP .& monster heartburn grin

I start from missed period till the day i put to bed...

promethazine, vit B6, Piriton,grated ginger, gingered zobo, anything at all, i tried but for where, all in all, we give God the glory...

Yam & soaked garri were my main stay...

mubzay, do test first though before concluding, i sometimes even get palpitations with my own.

@manchybabe,
Congrats on your BFP, you've left ttc, you'll never return.

@Apple19,
E be like you are graduating from NVP school soon abi? wink Happy for you my sis, dat thing is not from God.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by twingirls: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2015
tatacherie:
Welcome to all newbies in d building.have a stressfree preggie/easy delivery@fulterm.
@ all greetings.mehn so tired to type.wer all my teammates enta o?hope u all are doing well.very soon we too go countdown smiley
Teamie, we are here o, reading and watching, I'm just waiting for our September mum to finish up wt supernatural deliveries, once we enter October, I will know it's only Nov and Dec, Azin, 2 months only for January to show face so we can start doing it as God has promised. Me no hurry sha, I don't want half baked.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eseshafere(f): 11:49am On Sep 18, 2015
nazablossom:
Congrats dear. you are the last born now .welcome onboard
Lolz, thanks hun
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eseshafere(f): 11:51am On Sep 18, 2015
nazablossom:
Congrats dear. you are the last born now .welcome onboard
. Lolz, thanks hun
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bee2bee(f): 12:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
Gd morn mamas. Please when does one start to feel baby movement and is there any side effect to having regular ultrasound?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eseshafere(f): 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Halo mamas
Pls can I knw the drugs to take now,some of my friends are saying I shud take pregnant care alongside with folic acid, some r saying only pregnant care,many many talk and suggestions yaff entered too. Mumsy said I shud go and register with a hospital first. Pls wen is the right time to register with a hospital and wot drugs shud I take nw?? As it is nw i am confused
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
soonest:

Lol! I guess she was calculating using lunar month. Alot of people make dat mistake. They will say they were pregnant for 10months meanwhile it's 40weeks in the real sense of it.
Can't blame them. 40weeks is technically 10 months

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 12:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
eseshafere:
Halo mamas
Pls can I knw the drugs to take now,some of my friends are saying I shud take pregnant care alongside with folic acid, some r saying only pregnant care,many many talk and suggestions yaff entered too. Mumsy said I shud go and register with a hospital first. Pls wen is the right time to register with a hospital and wot drugs shud I take nw?? As it is nw i am confused
Go to the hospital. Its never too soon to register. That way you can avoid being confused. Also try reading and researching. If you read the pack of pregnacare, you will see it already contains folic acid. Happy bumping.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Havefaith222: 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
iyomomo:

My sister don't be scared, it's beta to cover all angles humanly possible , in all God has d power to Make all things beautiful.
My doc suggested d same, I had PROM at 19wks last year, so dis time around it was I dat reminded my doc about d cerclage he mentioned last year, so he has scheduled to have it done,at 13-14wks
Wit d cerclage there might be more dan d usual no of scans to monitor d cervix, one still has to take things very easy o or be on bedrest depending.
My dear CANCEL fear and haveFAITH 222 timx more dan u have now.
It will end in praise by God's grace, we shall carry our babies come 2016. Amen!
Thank u so much for ur response@ Iyomomo,May our joy be made full at the appropriate time.Happy bumping to all wonderful mamas in DA house.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
@Kimoni, me and you na the same for food. except say i never see the food. i dey eat no be small. my only problem na head ache, though it has stopped now.

Kimoni:

Sorry mamas. @Dr Modath has a Phd in this "no appetite and vomiting" department, she will come and answer you soon. Una doh

Me I be consumer if I get belle o, I no dey miss any parry that time sef wink cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
bee2bee:
Gd morn mamas. Please when does one start to feel baby movement and is there any side effect to having regular ultrasound?

It depends on a lot of things like....
- first timers feel it later than experienced mamas.
- slim mamas feel it earlier than fatty bomboms
- you get to feel active babies earlier than gentle ones.
In all by 20th week you should feel flutterings and by the 24th week, you should feel the kicks.
Give or take 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 2:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
nwarosa:
Can't blame them. 40weeks is technically 10 months

Nah, 40 wks is 9 months, a month is 30-31 days, the balance 2-3 days nko?, nor let people wey dey count belle with days find you & seize ya device ooo grin

@mama dunasy,
Welcome back, even if i fit born again, vigilante will ensure i just maintain my corner for bed grin.. nor be seresere tinz especially when them poo & you need to dispose off the diaper. .. #ThankGodShopDonCollapse ....

@eseshafere,
Too many advisers right? ignore all but qualified medical professionals & register at the hospital quick cos i'm getting the feeling you are about to get overwhelmed by the pullings & tuggings...

The following sites are quite good

www.babycentre.com

www.nhs.co.uk

www.baby2see.com

www.webmd.com

www.bounty.com

Happy bumping, beautiful BS, & healthy baby... amen.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Jennifer89(f): 2:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
smokeydrinky ask the nurse in the hospital u registered for the hospital list buh these are wat i bought. Delivery mat(2),comfit pad(4), cotton wool, spirit, mucous extractor, cord clamp, olive oil and wrappers(4).
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Megilicious(f): 3:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
Goody bumping mamas, ow d bumping nah. D lords ur strength,
@Smokey drinky here's some of d tinz
Mucus extrActor, jik, moko spirit, lady Sept(u fit pack am plenty coz wen ma water break na lady Sept hear am), cord clamp, detol, olive oil, cotton wool (dele), detergents, Dats 4 d hospital, e still go remain oh, ask ya nurse 4 printout. den
Baby tinz
Stockings, baby clothes, caps, towels, pants(if necessary) diapers, bibs, cups n spoons, combset, cream, powder, oil and bath tinz, shawl, net, flAsk, feeding bottle, glucose, baby wipes. Den
4 U:
Slippers( if d labour start u fit 4 get wear slippers sef)
Wrappers( 3 ), night gowns and pants, deodorants, perfumes(lolz 4 efissy), makeup bag (lolz 2 look ravishing afta d healthy delivery), bath tinz, towel, cream.
Also enuf Recharge Card 2 call Evrybody.
Wishing u a stress free delivery and a vry healthy yuppie baby.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Megilicious(f): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
eseshafere:
Halo mamas

Ys dear once u are preg u shud go n register wit a hospital immediately oh, n start antenatal coz there are some immunisations 2 b givn 2 a pregnant lady @ certain stages of pregnancy. n some routine drugs such as bcomplex, iron tabs and folic acids, well I dint take more Dan DAT wen I was in. So go now n register ok, follow ur mum she knws Wats best ok. Wishn u an easy peasy stress free 9mths.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Megilicious(f): 3:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
favoredgal:

Its part of third trimester package! The last days / weeks are the hardest. I remember sitting up to sleep because i couldnt breathe well lying down

It is well

@favourgal no b only u oh, b4 I sleep I do mini runs, coz I wud feel soo heavy n vry uncomfortable.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by valeriechima(f): 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hello mums....hw we dey? Pls I'm 15weeks and 4days gone. Yesterday I started having back ache and abdominal pains....my hubby massaged my back nd my waist but I still have those pains esp d lower abdominal pain. ....

Also I was given a prenatal drugs(cestra prenatal once a day) @ d hospital but dnt know if it contains folic acid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lightedpath where at thou?

How's the body itch now?

Hope you and lo is doing great?

do make you come take roll call of November mamas o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lightedpath(f): 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Chinwendym:
Lightedpath where at thou?

How's the body itch now?

Hope you and lo is doing great?

do make you come take roll call of November mamas o.
I'm fine dear. The rashes is still spreading and I got really scared when I visited doctor google so I had to go to the clinic. Doctor doesn't seem worried about it, and she asked if I could bear the itch before she prescribed amoxyl. Decided to bear the itch o. Lo is doing what he knows how to do. Thanks for checking on me. kiss Firstymum would gladly take the roll call
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
lightedpath:
I'm fine dear. The rashes is still spreading and I got really scared when I visited doctor google so I had to go to the clinic. Doctor doesn't seem worried about it, and she asked if I could bear the itch before she prescribed amoxyl. Decided to bear the itch o. Lo is doing what he knows how to do. Thanks for checking on me. kiss Firstymum would gladly take the roll call
Ok then, hang in there all will be well kiss

Firsttymum oya take pen and paper and start calling out November mamas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by valeriechima(f): 4:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hello mums....hw we dey? Pls I'm 15weeks and 4days gone. Yesterday I started having back ache and abdominal pains....my hubby massaged my back nd my waist but I still have those pains esp d lower abdominal pain. ....

Also I was given a prenatal drugs(cestra prenatal once a day) @ d hospital but dnt know if it contains folic acid wink[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by smokeydrinky: 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
@ megilicious nd Jennifer, thanks alot dearies
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mamafresh: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hello mamas,
Pls I am 18wks pregnant and I have been noticing a small whitish discharge from my vjay. I did an HVS and the result came out as scanty yeast candida, doc recommended Mycoten Clotrimazole 100mg for five days. Pls I want to find out if its safe during pregnancy.
Thank you. #teamfebruary2016 . May we all carry to full terms and hv a safe delivery
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
mamafresh:
Hello mamas,
Pls I am 18wks pregnant and I have been noticing a small whitish discharge from my vjay. I did an HVS and the result came out as scanty yeast candida, doc recommended Mycoten Clotrimazole 100mg for five days. Pls I want to find out if its safe during pregnancy.
Thank you. #teamfebruary2016 . May we all carry to full terms and hv a safe delivery
Ive learnt Discharge is increased in preggie.hvs for me too have been showing same since I was 4 weeks.last week I used mycoten pessaries only cos i had unbearable itching and I'm very OK now.if it we're to b only d discharge I woundnt mind as Its likely d yeast will resolve on its own while practicing gud hygiene/natural remedies.ure already in 2nd tri so its safe but u cud let pesseries rest since ders no itching.yeast is mostly common n normal in preggie.other mamas will explain better so u don't use pesseries again n again for candida induced discharge.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beryl15: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
mamafresh:
Hello mamas,
As per being safe for pregnancy, no certified OBGYN would precribe medication that would harm you or the baby.
Yeast infection can be very stubborn, since yours is mild I suggest you treat it ASAP and not wait till it starts itching. That's a sign of a yeast infection that has been left untreated for a long time and might lead to reoccurrence later. Remember no Kpekus until treatment is over o and change all your underwear afterwards to avoid re-infection.

(1) (2) (3) ... (734) (735) (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) ... (6961) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Orente21(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.