Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (759) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142291 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JDQueen: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
Good day and congrats to all mums and mums to be in the house.

@Teegali: sorry about your loss, God has a greater blessing for you, in everything give thanks.

Thank God I stumbled on this thread. Someone advised me to be taking pineapple but for one reason or the other it became really scarce in my area, even DH couldn't get it. Thank God for God may be I for don born before my due date.

Thumps up for the good infos on this thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lightedpath(f): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2015
tchiwinnie:
check d pack to confirm dat it contains those, in the right proportion.Iron up to 600mg dly, folic acid up to 400microgram dly. If it does, then its ok
each 5ml contains iron 200mg nd folic acid 0.5mg. I take 10ml daily

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:39pm On Sep 29, 2015
lightedpath:
each 5ml contains iron 200mg nd folic acid 0.5mg. I take 10ml daily
I guess u can tk it, bt ensure u eat well, so u get d remaining. At least, d iron content s more Dan what pregnacare contains.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beegail1(f): 12:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
To God be d glory. I was blessed with a bouncing baby boy on Friday. Mother n son doing fine. The lord is good. Bs later. FTM Baby's weight 3.5kg

25 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Virtuouswife: 1:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
beegail1:
To God be d glory. I was blessed with a bouncing baby boy on Friday. Mother n son doing fine. The lord is good. Bs later. FTM Baby's weight 3.5kg
Congratulations dearie. God bless ur lo and family

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 1:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
beegail1:
Goodnews!Congrats newest mummy.God is good all d time.God bless n keep ur son.Rest well.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 1:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
Congrats 2 doubledouble n beegail1.God bless ur los! Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 1:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
Doubledouble:
Apologies for the late announcement.

Thanks be to God, He has blessed my family with a bouncing baby boy n girl on the 16th Sept. Mother n children doing Great. God answered my prayers for vag.delivery... BS later

#teamseptemberforblissfuldelivery#

Conrats my sis, twins awhhh tongue ..... So happy for you, God be with you all.

@beegail1,
Congrats, God be with you & baby, but I will tell for @zaynie on you, you just sneak in , nor wan pay registration fees. wink

@teegali,

You said Allah giveth, for your faith & his grace; he will surely do wonderful & more beautiful things for you... E-hug...

@MissOpe,
Even though your budget isn't shabby, in + with @ lovinam advise, I will just add that if you are in lagos, don't shop in a neighbourhood baby store, get yourself to dosunmu in lagos island... And...

Make sure to price in 3-4 shops, don't sit too long & let the shop people form familiarity with you, or get you items from their 2nd shop, drag body to the next store & look for it by yourself...

Biz people are not one's friend, they wake up to go to their shops to make money & not to run errands for customers ..... So getting it from just the next shop may cost you 500naira to 1k extra which will knock a thing or two of your list.

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
lightedpath:
astymin and astyfer? Are they not the same thing
No they are not the same. Astymin contains amino acids and astyfer is a hematinic( contains iron mainly among other things
Congrats beegali1 and doubledouble

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by modath(f): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
tchiwinnie:
Sm1 asked of d woman's height or aren't we talking of d same person. She can gv us her shoe size. Of course, u kno we cld hv an estimate of pelvic adequacy from that.

My sis you are talking the Nigerian way of clothes' measuring standard... cheesy

I'm going to be like a broken record & repeat my story again, @ zaynie made me feel comfortable sharing it as much time as posts need it...

I'm give or take 5.6-5.7 with a 41" shoe size but I've been informed that based on my cervical bone structure, my limit is 2.8kg for a VB

Looking at me you'd never ever guess that cos I don't even have narrow hips!!! Though a good proportion of my hip measurement comes from my as$.

I've birthed through cs 4.4kg, 3.8kg & 3.7kg.. ... Thank God for advances in medicine, na emere/ogbanje story we for dey hear if woman pikin go push & kpai... grin

@mizcyn,

Nice post, thanks a milli.....God bless you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eseshafere(f): 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
[quote author=tchiwinnie post=38490877]Thank God d sac s OK. ur baby s fyn. Would hv preferred u start ur antenatal meds(iron, folic acid, calcium) instead of d astymin/astyfer. u can discuss it wt ur Dr on ur next appointment. happy bumping.
Thanks dearie, I will ask him
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ramcie(f): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2015
Please at how many weeks is malaria drug taken during pregnancy? I'm almost 19weeks and I traveled so haven't been around for my antenatal that's why I'm asking. Thanks in advance
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lightedpath(f): 2:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
soonest:

No they are not the same. Astymin contains amino acids and astyfer is a hematinic( contains iron mainly among other things
Congrats beegali1 and doubledouble
ok. Thanks. When they are both asty asty ni o grin. ND same company

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ramcie(f): 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
tchiwinnie:
@mizcyn, pls don't get me wrong. D points u made earlier are actually valid and I agree dat women shldnt reject cs if its d safest means of delivery.What I m trying to say is dat medicine s individualized, and u never say never in medicine. For d index patient, I see no need for cs just based on d fact dat her baby weighed 3.8kg from scan.That was d only basis d Dr used.He didn't tell her anything abt pelvic inadequacy or CPD. U ll agree wt me dat some drs perform cs just cos of d increased cash involved, esp in private practice. As sad as it is, dats d truth. Most gynaecologists don't rely on pelvimetry these days. D practice s usu to allow every woman try par vaginum(except of course there's an absolute contraindication). Shoe size can b used too, its like a crude method of assessment. Welcome on board ma.

Please how is the shoe size method of assessment calculated even though you say it's crude just want to try it. I want to try a VBAC this time around my first CS was due to fetal distress. I'm 5ft and my shoe size is 39. Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lightedpath(f): 2:55pm On Sep 29, 2015
tchiwinnie:
I guess u can tk it, bt ensure u eat well, so u get d remaining. At least, d iron content s more Dan what pregnacare contains.
thanks ma'am
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 3:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
Pls how is class rep selected?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stadora(f): 3:56pm On Sep 29, 2015
Stadora : Don't be so keen on this induction thing till the die is cast....We still have some days to go and there is a God of 11th hour....((((Hugs))))
[/quote]
Yea, thanks Teamie, I ve already decided 2 relaxed n Wait on God s apointed time.
#teamsept
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by stadora(f): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
tatacherie:

They said baby's weight cud press on a major vein dat transport blood abi na oxygen to d baby.sleeping like dat for a long tym can make one dizzy on waking
K dear, thanks 4 d info, I bliv my lo is nt affected yet, cos my last scan said he s doin fine. I ll neva try it again til I deliver. Thanks once again 4 d reply

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by AwesomeGodIAv: 4:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
Good news all over smiley smiley kiss.

Congrats to d new mamas.

@Teegali, Lay everything on his feet, he will surly perfect it. Sorry dear.

#TeamNov4Wonders&Breakthrough. kiss

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by gtkay(f): 4:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
@teegal...God will surely give you double for ur loss.
Congrats new mummies. Ur Los will continually be sources of joy.
Yaaay... October is almost here. Supernatural delivery things.
Meanyl I'm yet to go shopping online and I'm a ftm.
God help me.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2015
beegail1:
congratulations darling... God is great

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2015
AwesomeGodIAv:
Good news all over smiley smiley kiss.

Congrats to d new mamas.

@Teegali, Lay everything on his feet, he will surly perfect it. Sorry dear.

#TeamNov4Wonders&Breakthrough. kiss

Teegali...everything's going to be alright. Be strong, dear. Take heart and God would replenish you in greater folds. (((Blessings)))
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2015
September mamas no dey smile o.... Congratulations to all the September mums jare
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 5:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ramcie:
Please at how many weeks is malaria drug taken during pregnancy? I'm almost 19weeks and I traveled so haven't been around for my antenatal that's why I'm asking. Thanks in advance
Do you mean IPT(fansidar)? As from 16weeks i.e after quickening( after u notice your baby's first movement)

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Ramcie(f): 6:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
soonest:

Do you mean IPT(fansidar)? As from 16weeks i.e after quickening( after u notice your baby's first movement)

Thanks a lot been feeling the baby kick for weeks now.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
Ramcie:

Thanks a lot been feeling the baby kick for weeks now.
Then you are good to go

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by divinemandate: 6:35pm On Sep 29, 2015
@doubledouble wow congrats. I tap into d anointing for VB nd twins. @beegail1 congrats to God be all d glory. await u both BS.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Emioga: 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
MissOpe:
@ Lovinam, Megilicious and virtous woman Eseun pupo oooo (Thanks very much ooo), It wasn't my plan to buy things this late, I was somehow cash strapped ni jare, but I'll try and stick to the list God helping me.....Thanks once again..
stay in ijebuode too but I went to sagamu to get my things. it's cheaper and they have variety but don't think you have energy now o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soniabrenda(f): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
tchiwinnie:
@mizcyn, pls don't get me wrong. D points u made earlier are actually valid and I agree dat women shldnt reject cs if its d safest means of delivery.What I m trying to say is dat medicine s individualized, and u never say never in medicine. For d index patient, I see no need for cs just based on d fact dat her baby weighed 3.8kg from scan.That was d only basis d Dr used.He didn't tell her anything abt pelvic inadequacy or CPD. U ll agree wt me dat some drs perform cs just cos of d increased cash involved, esp in private practice. As sad as it is, dats d truth. Most gynaecologists don't rely on pelvimetry these days. D practice s usu to allow every woman try par vaginum(except of course there's an absolute contraindication). Shoe size can b used too, its like a crude method of assessment. Welcome on board ma.
she is right. 3.8 kg baby is not big because I gave birth to a baby with 4.1 kg without tear.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 7:16pm On Sep 29, 2015
beegail1:

Congrats Mama.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
beegail1:

Congrats dear! May God watch over him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) (761) (762) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Worryingly, adibo(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.