Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,314 members, 7,853,456 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (965) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8248224 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by shawylux(f): 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
MumZ:

We r told not 2 give pcm b4 d immunization is given else d immunization 'll not b effective.
I have never heard of that but we advice mothers the need to give PCM syrup before we start vaccination.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by derommyvent: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2015
bumbex:
hailing all mama's in d house.......thanks 4 d love.................
@Annie cool ur mind......

@derommyvent DAT is so true every woman pregnancy is different my first was very nice no Ms, second was hell indeed...... but dis one na special one......feeling energetic everyday.Vbac is possible always pray and follow ur doctor,s advice pls...............

Thank God i am not alone in this, i thought i am the only one feeling that way. Thanks for your response. It will end in praises IJN.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sharon6(f): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
Good evening mamas.

Tomorrow I'll be officially getting married to Baba Ibeji. Though we've done our introduction, engagement and traditional a while back. We'll be going to the registry tomorrow to Legalize it.

Prayers and well wishes will be highly appreciated.

### tomorrow is all about baba ibeji and iya ibeji### ###Dec 3rd### ###white wedding things###

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2015
shawylux:

Hi. congrats on your new born. The reason why it wasn't emphasized on your first visit was cos your baby was only given BCG, Hepatitis B vaccine and Oral Polio Vaccine so those ones were less painful. But this six weeks visit, Penta was given together with OPV too. Penta injection contains five different vaccines hence the name 'penta'- five. These include, tetanus toxoid, diphtheria, pertusis, hemophilius influenza and hepatitis B. So you can imagine giving your baby five vaccines at once. If you can remember vividly how painful the TT injection was when you took it while pregnant. Generally we advice we give the baby PCM syrup BEFORE the injection not after as the pain immediate. No worries, while going for your 10 and 16 weeks visit you can give her the PCM as the second and third doses of Penta will be given again. Hope this helps.

God bless you for shedding bright light on this...It sure helped a lot.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
derommyvent:

Here is the quote for Ifako ijaiye, it might be useful to anyone planning to use there.
Registration is on thursday and a complusory male blood donor is required.
Delivery boy.......27k
Delivery girl.........25k
Cs..... 45k
Blood screening......4500
Admission fee for first 5days, general.....18k and private....21k
Extra days.......2800 daily
Booking fee.....1700
Delivery pack.....5750.

Wishing us all a safe and supernatural delivery.

Hello mama, please when is their registration day? Plan to register first week in Jan.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
tchiwinnie:
@tyconcepts, when did u gv d imm? Leave d swollen part of d leg alone, as in DO NOTHING. It ll go down wt tym, might tk long tho. U can just gv s pcm for just 24hrs for d pain. Pet him a lot and continue putting to breast. He ll b fyn. My son had it too and it took weeks before d swelling went down. So try to relax and remove ur mind from it.

Petting continues as he's glued to me. I wish there is a less painful way to take this injection....Walahi I would have loved it better. The swelling is milder this evening.

Thanks sis.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 8:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
senoreetah:

na wa o...which one be diff fees for boys and girls...very insensitive

Lol... Want to believe the extra is for circumcision

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by derommyvent: 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2015
senoreetah:

na wa o...which one be diff fees for boys and girls...very insensitive
The extra cost for the boy is for his circumcision.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
pocahuntaz:
Abeg ma senior mamaz embarassed, went fr scan nd saw dat bby's position is BREECH....Been havin dz sharp pain weneva am walking like d bby is kicking my bladder...Told Dr abt it nd ask mayb dey can change position of d bby buh e said NO embarassed.....Abeg snr Moda wht can I do so as fr bby 2 change frm sittin position...
Snr modaz ooooo(twichinne,modath,Zaynie)abeg help mo
condition....teamFeb# fr easy delivery

My baby was breech at 33 weeks but the last scan I did at 35 weeks showed cephalic. Hope the baby stays that way

Don't worry you still have enough time for the baby to flip, if not at 36 weeks the Drs will decide if to flip for you- this option is more likely to be available if you have had a baby before I hear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
eigmaticme:
Hello house.

I have been silently following this thread when I got pregnant in March this year.

I miscarried it at eight weeks. Had to be evacuated. It was painful time both physically and psychologically.

I found out I was 5wks pregnant again in July and our joy knew no bounds. At 13 weeks my waters broke but baby was fine and stayed put till the scan showed it was a boy at 20 weeks. Four days later I started contracting.

To cut the long story short I delivered him at 21wks. He was his father's carbon copy. He was born alive but died shortly after.

I was broken. My husband cried. We will be fine.

Pls put me in your prayers. It's been over two weeks now buy I want to get pregnant again sooooo bad and I pray I get double for both loses.

Though there's no baby anymore I still come here everyday.

Congrats to all new mums and best wishes to all TTC.

GODS blessings.

So sorry for your loss. May God comfort you with twins in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 8:57pm On Dec 02, 2015
soonest:

Pls you are not to massage immunization site. Just give pcm for pain relief. You may tie ice block in a cloth and dab the site, not advisable to put ice directly on baby's skin. All the best

I guess I have been doing it wrong then....I massaged the spot (as instructed by the nurse) and I also place the ice to his skin directly though for a few seconds (I thought I should)....Hope no harm is done yet?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2015
eigmaticme:

Pls put me in your prayers. It's been over two weeks now buy I want to get pregnant again sooooo bad and I pray I get double for both loses.

GODS blessings.

Sorry dearie! affliction will not rise again. This time next year, you will be with ur child/children kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by derommyvent: 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
Fabmummy:

Hello mama, please when I their registration day? Plan to register first week in Jan.

Thursday.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 9:00pm On Dec 02, 2015
derommyvent:

Thursday.
Thank you
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Unic1: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Good evening belleful mamas, im typing with so much joy because my sister just had a VBAC. we were all worried for her because she concieved her new baby 8 months after delivery of her first child via CS. her doctor told her she wouldnt be allowued to risk natural delivery because it was not up to a year before she conceived. my sister was seriously prayin for a natural birth. we became more worried when she was almost two weeks overdue and she stubbornly refused to accept d option of CS. finally, the doctor scheduled a date for the CS. few days to the date, she went into labor at about 11 pm and had a baby boy at past 2 am. she even delivered in a different hospital. indeed, our GOD has d final say.
wishing all d mamas a safe delivery and healthy babies.

31 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 9:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
Sharon6:
Good evening mamas.

Tomorrow I'll be officially getting married to Baba Ibeji. Though we've done our introduction, engagement and traditional a while back. We'll be going to the registry tomorrow to Legalize it.

### tomorrow is all about baba ibeji and iya ibeji### ###Dec 3rd### ###white wedding things###

Congratulations Ma'am.

Plz am not expensive to treat.....7plates of party jollof rice with a bottle of ice chilled jezelin is enough.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bumbex(f): 9:19pm On Dec 02, 2015
tyconcepts:

Congratulations Ma'am.

Plz am not expensive to treat.....7plates of party jollof rice with a bottle of ice chilled jezelin is enough.
Lol.......
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 9:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
derommyvent:

The extra cost for the boy is for his circumcision.

ok I see
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by senoreetah(f): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
favoredgal:

Lol... Want to believe the extra is for circumcision

I fear o
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2015
Ma'am bumbex,my mind is overcool.oya take this...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2015
derommyvent:

Here is the quote for Ifako ijaiye, it might be useful to anyone planning to use there.
Registration is on thursday and a complusory male blood donor is required.
Delivery boy.......27k
Delivery girl.........25k
Cs..... 45k
Blood screening......4500
Admission fee for first 5days, general.....18k and private....21k
Extra days.......2800 daily
Booking fee.....1700
Delivery pack.....5750.

Wishing us all a safe and supernatural delivery.
I am confused at the bolded, Sabi mamas please help elaborate on this, I have seen someone else talked about blood donor on this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 02, 2015
Congratulations Sharon6, Biko waybill my Jollof rice with chilled Malta guiness, I no want meat.

@egmaticme The Lord Shall give you double for the losses. Be Strong and Get ready for a supernatural BFP! kiss 2016 awaits you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
@Sharon, congratulations, wish you the best of married life. @Unic1, yes, Baba God has the final say. Congrats on the birth of your niece, I tap into your testimony cause I also pray for a VBAC and I receive it with faith. @derommyvent, thanks so much for the info it is very useful to me. I had my DD there two years ago and I don't think much has changed concerning the fees. My experience there was nice, they had Lasuth doctors there then because Ayinke house was under expansion then. I had CS and about 7 doctors were there in the theatre apart from the paedetrician. I hope I will have a more pleasant experience this time around. I'm thinking of registering around February/March. May Almighty God make delivery easy for us all, we shall carry our babies to term and deliver just like the Hebrew women in Jesus name, Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by derommyvent: 10:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
goldenruby:
I am confused at the bolded, Sabi mamas please help elaborate on this, I have seen someone else talked about blood donor on this thread.

Blood donation is to be done by the potential daddy but if he is not fit then one has to bring another man to donate, it is complusory in all lagos state general hospitals. In ifako ijaiye it must be donated before booking/registration can commence.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by derommyvent: 10:34pm On Dec 02, 2015
@sweetlady4real, I also had mine there 4years ago and it was the same experience. No regrets at all. Its better to start early the registration takes time because of the population, i started mine ending of august and was just booked last week friday and saw my doctor though still under the previous doctor i was then. I didnt go to general early because i had already registered in a private hospital.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sweetlady4real(f): 10:41pm On Dec 02, 2015
@goldenruby, my DH donated blood during my registration at ifako ijaiye general hospital 2 years ago although I didn't need blood during delivery afterwards but it is compulsory that a male relative donates the blood for your registration to be complete. @eigmaticme, my God is able to do all things, i believe your case is settled. You shall conceive very soon again and this time your testimony shall be permanent in Jesus name, Amen ! @pocahuntaz, my DD was also breech at a point but she changed to cephalic towards delivery *I can't remember the exact week now unless I check her scan results* So be rest assured that there is a high chance of your baby changing from sitting position to the right one. @tyconcepts, just follow @tchiwinnie's advice, she said all I wanted to say. Hope he is feeling better now and the swelling has futher reduced. I use to give my DD pcm before she takes her vaccines then. It is well with him in Jesus name, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bumbex(f): 4:45am On Dec 03, 2015
Sharon6:
Good evening mamas.

congratulation ssss
@eigmaticme it is well sis.....double blessing on d wayyyyyyy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 4:55am On Dec 03, 2015
eigmaticme:
Hello house.

I have been silently following this thread when I got pregnant in March this year.

I miscarried it at eight weeks. Had to be evacuated. It was painful time both physically and psychologically.

I found out I was 5wks pregnant again in July and our joy knew no bounds. At 13 weeks my waters broke but baby was fine and stayed put till the scan showed it was a boy at 20 weeks. Four days later I started contracting.

To cut the long story short I delivered him at 21wks. He was his father's carbon copy. He was born alive but died shortly after.

I was broken. My husband cried. We will be fine.

Though there's no baby anymore I still come here everyday.

Congrats to all new mums and best wishes to all TTC.

GODS blessings.
i love your faith regardless of your difficulties.God will console you with double at ur next try and you will definitely carry to term.amen.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Sharon6(f): 5:39am On Dec 03, 2015
**Singing**..........here comes the bride.....lalalalalalalalalala....
See all mamas later. Have a blessed day.

14 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by 4realwoman: 5:58am On Dec 03, 2015
@Sharon6, congratulation to you and baba ibeji.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by vanilla90(f): 6:22am On Dec 03, 2015
maureensylvia:
***adjusts her eyeglasses***

if u hear ur name answer present ma'am. strictly for February mums

Ramcie

maureensylvia

vanilla90

rchilee

Apple19

oselin

pls ooo if u no hear ur name, it's either u have not paid ur dues or we are not aware.

all protocols duly observed.

#team Feb for supernatural delivery
#team Feb the best and social team ever
#team Feb we are da bomb

Present ma'am

#team february for easy delivery#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sodiamond: 6:48am On Dec 03, 2015
Congratulations Sharon6. May God be with u on this beautiful day of Ur life.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (962) (963) (964) (965) (966) (967) (968) ... (6960) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.