Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,051 members, 7,849,253 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:12 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (989) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8240171 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 1:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
Birth story grin..lemme type sharply before I become too busy with visitors
EDD is today..had laI t minute shopping to do yesterday as I'd already had it in mind that I'll take pineapple a day to EDD grin..not that I had much faith in it..wanted to give it a trial though..but I'd been very consistent with taking my white zobo leaf..
So yesterday I went to the market..walked round the whole of wuse, H-medix et al..kept telling my self there's no way I'm going for walks with the way I've been walking about grin

On my way home stopped by to meet one of the best people I've come across .in life..missmalachi grin..she did me a great favour and can't thank her enough kiss..even played with Sophie tiwatope..I must say she is a damsel..picture doesnt do her justice at all..hosted with her mum..very nice woman grin..then we headed home
Got home around 7pm..landlord who is my neighbour was having an end of the year party..boy was i excited..party brought to my doorstep..ate rice and eersoup to my fill..took my slice of pineapple which I got at the market and then went to bed..
At 3am..started feeling funny..assumed its as a result of the sugary things I took..then it became more serious..told my self if I throw up I'll be fine..for where
.didn't..performed ablution and prayed..then I kept going to the loo..went about 3 times..at 6am..I convinced myself this is false labour..cos I expected to see show or water breaking..that was when I posted here for advice..part of me was thinking of allowing hubby to go to work since no show..but I took a chance..had my bath around 8am..packed my remaining stuffs..cleaned my house..all the while contractions were like 5mins apart..kept lying down when the contraction hits..all the way i kept praying..that im not sent back from the hoapital for having false labour..got there 8:50am..thank God no ve was done..doc and nurse were just timing d contraction by placing their hand on my tummy..they were wondering why it was so intense..all the while I felt like pooing but refused to talk..when I finally told them they were shocked..was asked to pee first..while peeing i threw up..then ve was done..mehn! That thing hurts as hell..that's when they broke the water and realised I was already 9cm..was asked to push when I felt the urge to poo..I felt the urge to poo like all through but no energy..I kept trying and trying..baby's head was close but my pushes weren't strong enuf..dunno how many times I pushed..I pooed a lil in the process grin..finally I pushed and baby came out at 10:06 am..I cried when he was given to me to place on my chest..felt so surreal..end of BS..sorry for the long gist and typos.. wink

***Modified***
Doc asked if I was Fulani.. grin..cos sometimes I was laffing as hubby was cracking jokes..I didn't shed a single tear..didn't scream..can't believe that was me..but I thank God for it all..cant thank Him enuf..I never hexperrerit grin

62 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by talltosyne: 1:56pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24:
Alhamdulillah mamas..its a baby boy for us..baby came at 10:06 am weighing 3.5kg via vaginal delivery with some cut..words can't express how I feel cry..filled with tears of joy..
BS loading..P.S..I took a slice of pineapple lasnight grin

Congrat dear, God bless u and ur lo

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ufelirahmat: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
Alhamdulillah! Congrats Hafsat,may Allah make him a source of joy and blessing to u nd ur family.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
modath:

No comment, Just here to laugh... cheesy cheesy cheesy

So you think motherhood ends with feeding & dressing Mofe to look cute!! Issokay!! cheesy cheesy

Sweet mother , a nor go forget u oo, for this suffer wey u suffer me oo, oo yei yei.. * singing in froggy voice* tongue

Lol@ the song. Na so o. I used to think the singer was referring to pregnancy and delivery suffer not knowing that after suffer, na suffer remain. But we thank God it's a "joyful" suffer. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 2:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
tyconcepts:
Sabi Mamas Plz Advise Me ;

My boy doesn't sleep like I expected. Out of 24hrs, he sleeps for approximately 7-8hrs. Is this normal??

He eats well so I expect he sleeps well too. Its becoming stressful for me and not like when he's awake he keeps calm and play(his plays are short so I don't count them jare) rather he would cry to be carried. He is 8weeks.

What Can I Do??

cc : Iyeejima, Modath, Zaynie, Kaffy4bill(you no dey always answer me ma'am), Senior Beedam, Mummyejire and ALL SABI MAMAS.

My lady, do you want to start playing hide and seek game with your LO now or ludo? grin Why are you in haste. Relax jooor! cheesy .

Don't expect him to start playing with you now. I asked this same question then and I was told all they do now is eat, cry, sleep.
Before you know what I happening, thing will change. I understand it's stressful but remember, it doesn't last forever.

Enjoy this phase while it last because you are definitely gonna miss it. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rofemiguwa(f): 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
lioha:
I started feeling my baby movement at 18 weeks.

so its my baby!! Yaay!!!. I knew it was my precious!!!

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fruitfulvine360(f): 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2015
Congrats Hafsat24, God bless nd keep him

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by happymama: 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24:
Alhamdulillah mamas..its a baby boy for us..baby came at 10:06 am weighing 3.5kg via vaginal delivery with some cut..words can't express how I feel cry..filled with tears of joy..
congrats madam

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missusadey: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24:

Wowwwww...that was really fast o. I tap into this. Congrats dear teamie.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by xeexee1: 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24:
Birth story grin..lemme type sharply before I become too busy with visitors
EDD is today..had laI t minute shopping to do yesterday as I'd already had it in mind that I'll take pineapple a day to EDD grin..not that I had much faith in it..wanted to give it a trial though..but I'd been very consistent with taking my white zobo leaf..
So yesterday I went to the market..walked round the whole of wuse, H-medix et al..kept telling my self there's no way I'm going for walks with the way I've been walking about grin

On my way home stopped by to meet one of the best people I've come across .in life..missmalachi grin..she did me a great favour and can't thank her enough kiss..even played with Sophie tiwatope..I must say she is a damsel..picture doesnt do her justice at all..hosted with her mum..very nice woman grin..then we headed home
Got home around 7pm..landlord who is my neighbour was having an end of the year party..boy was i excited..party brought to my doorstep..ate rice and eersoup to my fill..took my slice of pineapple which I got at the market and then went to bed..
At 3am..started feeling funny..assumed its as a result of the sugary things I took..then it became more serious..told my self if I throw up I'll be fine..for where
.didn't..performed ablution and prayed..then I kept going to the loo..went about 3 times..at 6am..I convinced myself this is false labour..cos I expected to see show or water breaking..that was when I posted here for advice..part of me was thinking of allowing hubby to go to work since no show..but I took a chance..had my bath around 8am..packed my remaining stuffs..cleaned my house..all the while contractions were like 5mins apart..kept lying down when the contraction hits..all the way i kept praying..that im not sent back from the hoapital for having false labour..got there 8:50am..thank God no ve was done..doc and nurse were just timing d contraction by placing their hand on my tummy..they were wondering why it was so intense..all the while I felt like pooing but refused to talk..when I finally told them they were shocked..was asked to pee first..while peeing i threw up..then ve was done..mehn! That thing hurts as hell..that's when they broke the water and realised I was already 9cm..was asked to push when I felt the urge to poo..I felt the urge to poo like all through but no energy..I kept trying and trying..baby's head was close but my pushes weren't strong enuf..dunno how many times I pushed..I pooed a lil in the process grin..finally I pushed and baby came out at 10:06 am..I cried when he was given to me to place on my chest..felt so surreal..end of BS..sorry for the long gist and typos.. wink
congrats hafsy! Soo happy 4u I recall u said u wonder if ur baby wl have flesh cos of ur what u said ur weight was.. but alhamdulillah ur babyweighed 3.5kg.. may Allah do it 4 d rest of us to that are yet to deliver... amin ya Allah congrats once more

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 3:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
Wow, congrats Hafsat24. So u wan born for house abi.
Abeg, mamas esp first timers, no do strong woman for house o. Wen contraction sets in, go to d hsptl o.
Hafsat, u do well post ur BS so fast. U deserve an award.Kisses to ur lo

11 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24:
Birth story grin..
Congrats, Hasfat24! We thank God.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2015
It's official!!! grin Praise the Lord God almighty for me cos I have finally ported to this thread. I got my BFP yesterday excatly 2yrs I had a DnC frm MC and on my Birthday..... i'm Super super excited! My joy knws no bounds. Lord i'm eternally grateful.

@hafsat, congratz darling. May this child bring to ur household unending joy.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nice14: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24:

Congrats dear may he bring joy to ur home.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
rofemiguwa:
Thank u everyone for the warm welcome. I fEel movement in my lower tummy. Is it my baby or is it my head? grin. Is it too early to feel. Baby's movement.

Wow, same here, I have been having same feeling since last week, stil doing some studies sha.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 4:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24:

Congrats Hafsat24. God bless your LO. Wishing u quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lizzy22(f): 4:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
@hafsat... a very big congrats to u dearie, chai am so happy 4 u teamie.God bless ur prince charming...@ Soonest, tank u my sister, how is ur baby too? my LO is still in dere o... like am frustrated & tayad already' my gynae sed he'll av to induce me on wed* av just being praying 4 labour to cum but no show @ all....!! av passed my Edd since last week...!* pls I need u to kip praying 4 me @all mamas too...! am xo scared*tear*tear*
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
@ Hafsat24 Big Congrats to u! Thank God for a very swift n easy delivery.awesome birthstory u gat.God bless ur Son.wishing u quick recovery
Pineapple and pawpaw smoothie making mood activated grin can't wait oo January mamas na 17 days to go o
@ mompurity congrats o.God is ever faithful.May u carry to term without stress n deliver with ease
@ lizzy22 fret not! D Lord Almighty is with u.there will b no tear IJN.go and bring forth ur beautiful baby with ease

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 4:47pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24:

Congrats dearie. Awesome bs. May it be quick for others as it was for you. Your LO shall be a constant source of joy and pride to you.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eminya(f): 4:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
Congrats @Hafsat24 kisses to your lo and may he bring joy and blessings to your home

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tammyloreoluwa(f): 5:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
congrats hafsat24.. Almighty bless u and Lo,, i tap into this ur short delivery ooo...

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
@Lizzy22, don't worry. You will finally tell this success story that's loading. Spontaneous labour, induction o! If others could then you can. E-hugs to you.
@mompurity2, it's the Lord's doing and it's marvellous in our eyes. I rejoice with you. You will carry to term and equally tell your BS

I like the sweet testimonies in the house and so shall it be onwards IJN

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lizzy22(f): 5:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
@soonest & tatacherie...Amen & tanks dearie(s)..

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
tyconcepts:

Is that all you can say to my mummy big mummy modath cheesy

LMAO.....Like seriously I tot its a tea party o! Now that we are on our own my eye don clear. He won't even allow bath sef, I have to start tip toeing in my own house make small sound no wake Mofe.
I guess u shld train him to sleep with noise also.from day one i play music loud either my baby is awake or sleeping n she adjust to sleeping deep even with noise.
As for d sleeping long i discovered my baby sleeps well n longer wen placed on her tummy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 5:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
Hafsat24, congratulations, this na fast fast labour and sweet BS, you do well by posting it ontime when it's still fresh in ur head grin. May he be a source of joy to your family.

mompurity2, welcome and have a smooth 9month ride. The LORD is your strength and it will surely end in praise.

lizzy22. You will come soonest and testify, you have nothing to worry about. Hope you v been taking long walk. It will surely end wt praise

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 5:40pm On Dec 14, 2015
tyconcepts:

You garrit....He likes physical contact a lot. I back him most times to do my chores, the wahala is when I want bath or use d rest room.

Am just worried coz when I start my biz & school by January, I hope he would have calm down.

As for the swing, Dad promised us one o!
I guess all babies lik contact but it depends on d attention u gv.wen i had my little one newly,she ws lik dat n wen ever i wnt to pick her mum will say i shld leave her dat little children get use to crying once they knw u wil pick her up.so wen she wnt to cry we just play wit her without carrying her n now she is use to it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 5:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
@ hafsat24, congrats to u....who will believe seeing u yday dat u will put to bed? Actually ur dh joking said it sha.
Congrats to u and takia of my godson

@ ahine longest time.....ya jindadi
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 5:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
@faithfulwife n Hafsat24 congratulations mamas...God bless n keep ur los.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 6:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
beedam:

My lady, do you want to start playing hide and seek game with your LO now or ludo? grin Why are you in haste. Relax jooor! cheesy .

Don't expect him to start playing with you now. I asked this same question then and I was told all they do now is eat, cry, sleep.
Before you know what I happening, thing will change. I understand it's stressful but remember, it doesn't last forever.

Enjoy this phase while it last because you are definitely gonna miss it. smiley

No be ludo matter be this Mummy Beedam....

I enjoy the every every but am planning a bizzy period soon hence am seeking advise for our good.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tyconcepts(f): 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
missmalachi:

I guess all babies lik contact but it depends on d attention u gv.wen i had my little one newly,she ws lik dat n wen ever i wnt to pick her mum will say i shld leave her dat little children get use to crying once they knw u wil pick her up.so wen she wnt to cry we just play wit her without carrying her n now she is use to it.

Hmmmm.....I think I like that technique.

Hope there's nothing like over crying sha.?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by wonyi: 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2015
@ HASFAT 22 ,congratulations. God is faithful
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
tyconcepts:

Hmmmm.....I think I like that technique.

Hope there's nothing like over crying sha.?

I used same technique too and it worked for me. But don't leave him like that every time sha o. Sometimes your baby might be crying for something else aside just wanting attention.

All the best dearie.

(1) (2) (3) ... (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) (991) (992) ... (6960) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.