Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? (3932 Views)

Adeboye: I Am Sure HID Awolowo Is In Heaven / Can A Born Again Christian Be Psychic / What Does Jesus Say About Psychics? / Why Doesnt Paul Quote Jesus? Have Been Thinking! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Image123(m): 1:42pm On Mar 09, 2012
aletheia:

^
(1) And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. (Luk 24:3)

(2) But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. (Luk 24:37-40)

@Topic:

All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. (1Co 15:39-41)

His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. (Rev 1:14-16)

Aletheia blood/body don dey hot o, the thread is meaningless i MUST say. You yourself know but forgot that Jesus Christ is coming back for His body.
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by newmi(m): 1:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
Image123:

Aletheia blood/body don dey hot o, the thread is meaningless i MUST say. You yourself know but forgot that Jesus Christ is coming back for His body.
Please which body?
If you mean the church, then l'll say ok
Ephesians 5:30
"For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones" question who is this body?
Ephesians 1:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
"And God placed all things under his feet and
appointed him to be head over everything for the
church, which is his body, the fullness of him who
fills everything in every way"

Jesus rose from the grave and ascended into glory bodily so l am not aware or informed of any body of His that remains for Him to collect again rather it is the Church He is coming for
Ephesians 5:37
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
"That he might present it to himself a
glorious church, not having spot, or
wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it
should be holy and without blemish"
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by aletheia(m): 3:07pm On Mar 09, 2012
Image123:

You yourself know but forgot that Jesus Christ is coming back for His body.
^I didn't forget that the Church is metaphorically referred to as the Body of Christ. It is also referred to as the Bride. Does that mean my body is also my bride? The OP was quite specific with regards to his question.

numo86:

This is a question that needs serious pondering,
I have always asked and will continue to ask:::what kind of body does Jesus have in heaven or what is he
A human with flesh and bone or a spirit?

Your reply did not contain the necessary clarification to indicate that by "Body", you meant the Church thereby leaving room for misunderstanding (remember you took a certain someone to task for his DEFINITE statement). There is a distinction between metaphor and reality. The Church as Body is metaphor. The OP asks about the actual physical body of the Risen Christ. These are two distinct things.

In any case I don't agree that the thread is meaningless. We believe that Jesus ascended bodily into Heaven and so the question must arise: What sort of body does the Heavenly Man have?

He has a glorified body as we see from his pre-incarnate appearance in Ezekiel and Daniel, and from the transfiguration and the book of revelation.

That this question is important is revealed by the scriptures which directly address this question in 1 Corinthians 15.
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Image123(m): 3:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
Aleatheia, the church IS the body of Christ. Either you believe that, or you don't. And yes, your bride is your body according to the Bible. The Bible is clear and i thought d average student should know that Christ is the Head and the church is the body. He has no other 'physical body' more specific. I said and i repeat
JESUS LEFT HIS BODY ON EARTH.
Once He rose, from the dead that is, He had no specific body than the church, and i thought Paul made that pretty clear. That He had no such body's shown in His post resurrection appearances where He simply appeared as the I AM what I AM. To Magdalene, He appeared like the gardener. To some, He appeared with pierced hands, on the road to Emmaus, He had no pierced hand or familiar face, at sea, He was someone else till they caught fish. To John at Patnos, He appeared as a Lamb seriously, to THE chapter one appearance to THE other chapters appearances. To some, He appears with long hair, blue eyes bla bla. He's the I AM really.
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2012
Image123:
You are in serious trouble, you also want to sell the Lord?
He's right, you know.. The Church for don sell all im parts finish..
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Image123(m): 11:46pm On Mar 22, 2012
^ well, i'm serious about Him leaving His body here. He knows how to keep it, and is definitely coming back for it. qed.
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Lenny5000(m): 12:22am On Mar 23, 2012
numo86: This is a question that needs serious pondering,
I have always asked and will continue to ask:::what kind of body does Jesus have in heaven or what is he
A human with flesh and bone or a spirit?
Many say because Jesus showed his apostles d nail imprints on his hands and feet and also because they felt him therefore he ascended to heaven as a human,while others according to 1corinthians 15:45$50 says Jesus is a life giving spirit because flesh and blood(including bone) cannot reside in heaven,
And if Jesus has d same nature as his Father and also the other angels then is Jesus still a human in heaven or a spirit??
Answers please,

I understand why you can be a bit confused by this but you have to look at it in the following sequence. Jesus lived in Heaven before he came to earth so he is a spirit being like every one of us. But to live on earth you need a physical body, so he lived in one while on earth.. Remember when he showed his disciples his nail print he was on earth..so as long as the occurrence is on earth, it's always his physical body, and in Heaven his Spiritual body. The way he looked while on earth is not how he looks in Heaven. Dont forget while on earth, he took on the nature of man, but in Heaven his nature as God shows.. Read "Revelation 1 Verses 11-17" His beloved disciple JOHN could not even look at his face, he was trembling, at the presence of GOD-The Son. You will see Jesus in his full glory as God the son and understand that he is not human in heaven. You will also see Baba GOD himself (The almighty father) His appearance is described in Revelations 4 Verse 3-
I hope you understand a bit now: Bless
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Callotti: 9:58am On Mar 24, 2012
Who cares to know?
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Image123(m): 11:51pm On Mar 24, 2012
Callot the har.lot? That's utterly dumb. What happened to your other username BTW. Old wine in new skin is dumb idea too. Just thinking aloud, so try not to be offended, i know you have a sick temper.
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Callotti: 4:11am On Mar 25, 2012
Image123: Callot the har.lot? That's utterly dumb. What happened to your other username BTW. Old wine in new skin is dumb idea too. Just thinking aloud, so try not to be offended, i know you have a sick temper.

Mu he he he he he he

You mean usernames? I have learned to keep 10 usernames darling. . .like y'awl!
My harrrrloty business is booming o!
Never short of customers.
I am loving my new skin o.
No offense from a nit wit like you sweeerie.
Too much sleep these days.

Back to topic.

Who cares I ask again?
Only Christians should worry about such things.
Always looking for something to 'biatch' about!
Poor things!
Re: What Body Does Jesus Have In Heaven? by Image123(m): 7:39am On Mar 25, 2012
I thank God for your life, you've improved.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Existence Of God, And Search For Acceptable Evidence / Mr. Seun Pls Dis Goes To U / Buddhism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.