Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar (5500 Views)

Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF / APC Directive On House Principal Officers Unconstitutional – Dogara / Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by mukina2: 11:56am On Mar 08, 2012
The Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Abubakar, on Wednesday declared that his directive on roadblock removal from the nation’s high ways will not be reversed.

Mr. Abubakar who further declared that the era of mounting of road blocks across the country by the police is gone and will not be reviewed, stated that he would hold state commissioners of police responsible for any crime committed within their jurisdiction.

In his words, “The suggestions that Police checkpoints be returned to the highways because of robberies will not suffice…even when the checkpoints were in place, how many kidnappers did they stop? How many vehicles or persons involved in smuggling of arms and ammunition on these roads did they stop? Rather, what they were doing was tarnishing the image of the police by involving themselves in embarrassing acts”.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/03/08/i-will-not-reverse-my-directive-on-roadblock-removal-ig/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by sirjec(m): 12:07pm On Mar 08, 2012
I never liked this man when I heard about his antecedents but I am beginning to like him based on his present.

How many stolen cars did police recover from check points or how many kidnapped persons did they catch the culprits?

IGP has done the right thing and I fully support him for that.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Akanniade(m): 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
God bless him.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by stepo707: 12:41pm On Mar 08, 2012
Keep it up Abubakar
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2012
this is the best action ever taken by an IG in this nation.
he should open a report line so the citizens can report any violation of his order to him directly.
check-point is nothing but collecting money from drivers, even if you are a boko member, just give ROJA them and you are through.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by maxtum(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
Hello! Have road block been stopped? shocked

Right in front of Zoom office in Ighamu there is a full, bullet proof, cement block check point there!!

What's he talking about?
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by omo9ja1(m): 12:54pm On Mar 08, 2012
I support this move

we can have a road patrol rather than staion check point

nice move smiley
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by member67023: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
Abubakar, dont worry Nigerian Armed Robbers will put their own road block and the will take more than ROJA from road users.
It is better to discipline the police than to remove the road blocks.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by ridgeman: 1:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
Please take pictures and post here, let him see for himself if they have disbanded,

for that matter what are the journalists doing about reporting compliance on this?
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Muttex(m): 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2012
Well said, let wait and see if it will be practically done. chop nockle
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 08, 2012
When this man floged me at Police college some years back I developed hatred for him but for this his action,
I have forgiven him and rated him the best police man so far,
Infact he is even more than my father.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by obinna222: 1:43pm On Mar 08, 2012
I must confess that the removal of road blocks in the best decision. I am a frequent traveller on the Lagos to Port-Harcourt route, and you need to see the kind of menace that the police men on this route cause. They cause a long tail back of traffic in a bid to extort money from road users. They also frustrate travellers for no reason. I travelled back from Lagos to Ph on Saturday and i was pleased at the ease at which i travelled.

The same police people would delay you at a checkpoint thereby exposing you to the night time robbers on the same route that these chain of checkpoints are mounted. So i commend the Acting IGP.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by pmarine: 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am very impressed with this guy. Seriously, we should base decisions on facts and statistics not feelings. Keep it up IGP but I hope it's not the usual naija gra gra, grin
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by DaLover(m): 2:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
wow , I am impressed, hold the commisioners accountable, delta state commisioner for police watch out
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by legendsilver(m): 2:15pm On Mar 08, 2012
the say him don talk, una wan change am. na God go expose them small small
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by neymar11: 2:30pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am a frequent traveller on the Lagos to Port-Harcourt route, and you need to see the kind of menace that the police men on this route cause. [img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by andyanders: 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2012
If he actually said that, then we expect a more determined IG that this country has NEVER had.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Baawaa(m): 2:59pm On Mar 08, 2012
Please take pictures and post here, let him see for himself if they have disbanded,

Can u take pictures of harm-robbers
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by ChefMike(m): 4:11pm On Mar 08, 2012
If Nigerian police can regain back there lost glory definitely Nigeria as a nation can have there place in the international world
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by omboye: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2012
The IGP provided this number 08077446699 for the general public to send sms only to his office to report violation of his directive.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by OAM4J: 5:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
I am not surprised, I witnessed his work at fighting crime in Lagos as the then commissioner. That was why I welcomed his appointment as IG.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by crackhouse(m): 6:00pm On Mar 08, 2012
nakedwire:

Abubakar, dont worry Nigerian Armed Robbers will put their own road block and the will take more than ROJA from road users.
hmm, have u forgotten that armed robbers mount road blocks in the night and rob their victims who mistook them to be policemen on check points? But with this dismantle of road blocks, wherever u see road blocks at night just know that they are robbers. Don't even stop cos if u do, then u are as good as dead.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by paragonpro: 6:16pm On Mar 08, 2012

How many armed robbers were caught because of road blocks? Roads blocks are an anomaly in peace time in any sane society. It is only used in emergency situations, in times of war or a breakdown in security. It is never a permanent feature. I doubt if even Israel that is in a permanent state of war has that many check points.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by sugardaddy1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 08, 2012
December 22nd 2009 @11:45 am at a check point at Patani along PH-Warri highway, I was robbed at gun point and dispossed of N50,000 cash and other valuables by by a fair-complexioned police officer in broad daylight. My offence: I was travelling home all alone in my car home for Christmas.
The highways are better off without Nigeria Police check points.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by mrofficial(m): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2012
From Lagos to Ibadan, the checkpoint reach 10.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Mogidi: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2012
What's the IG putting in place to ward off armed robbers? Having those checks on our highways was "visible policing" there should be an alternative to them being stationary. If no alternatives are put in place robbers would have a field day soon.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by mansmith(m): 7:42pm On Mar 08, 2012
i am glad that the ig took a bold step bc it was very embarrassing seeing npf collecting money in the glare of everyone
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Testy17: 9:10pm On Mar 08, 2012
Infact AIG has done a great work in that dimension. Right now are working they patrol. In port harcourt they hang very close 2 d road looking at taxi and buses cross no more giving number. Abubakar bravo
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by stormm: 10:20pm On Mar 08, 2012
I'll be happy if he can just STFU and work. No bank has opened in Ogun State in over 2 weeks. In Ijebu Igbo, all the banks have closed shop for over a year. I'm not interested in his "Im this and that" angry angry angry angry angry

Whether we like it or not, roadblocks will be back as part of security measures. He should rise to the occasion and give us some policing. His everyday story dey give me cramps.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by chikis(m): 11:51pm On Mar 08, 2012
I fear for one thing. Only one thing do I fear. Crime (arm robbery, smuggling of arms into the country, moving ilegal material into the state e.t.c). I support the idea of removing ilegal road blocks, like the one we use to see on the streets and towns before it was removed. That is a good move by the IGP.
I don't want to understand it this way; that we no longer have road block or checkpoints on our highways. If we no longer have check points on our high ways, that means Nigerian is heading for grave consequences. Some body should please confirm.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by HEALTHREMEDY: 9:16am On Mar 09, 2012
I.G SIR,IF YOU ARE ACTUALLY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS,PLEASE CAN YOU TAKE BACK ALL THESE MOBILE POLICEMEN GUNS.
I KNOW WHAT AM SAYING,
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by chikis(m): 9:46am On Mar 09, 2012
I fear for one thing. Only one thing do I fear. Crime (arm robbery, smuggling of arms into the country, moving ilegal material into the state e.t.c). I support the idea of removing ilegal road blocks, like the one we use to see on the streets and towns before it was removed. That is a good move by the IGP.
I don't want to understand it this way; that we no longer have road block or checkpoints on our highways. If we no longer have check points on our high ways, that means Nigerian is heading for grave consequences. Some body should please confirm.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ribadu Report: No Cover-up - Jonathan / UK Backs Nigeria On Mali Mission / Obasanjo Responds To Fayose.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.