Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar (5502 Views)

Buhari’s Directive On Salary Payment Impossible – AGF / APC Directive On House Principal Officers Unconstitutional – Dogara / Outrage Trails Presidential Directive On Tinubu, APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by don33310(m): 10:10am On Mar 09, 2012
obinna 222:

I must confess that the removal of road blocks in the best decision. I am a frequent traveller on the Lagos to Port-Harcourt route, and you need to see the kind of menace that the police men on this route cause. They cause a long tail back of traffic in a bid to extort money from road users. They also frustrate travellers for no reason. I travelled back from Lagos to Ph on Saturday and i was pleased at the ease at which i travelled.

The same police people would delay you at a checkpoint thereby exposing you to the night time robbers on the same route that these chain of checkpoints are mounted. So i commend the Acting IGP.
You just said it all
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Witi(m): 1:17pm On Mar 09, 2012
Police roadblock is still at Ikire from 10 pm till day break. Men of the Federal Highway Patrol extorting night travelers at gun point. I had a personal experience few days ago.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by chio: 4:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
If u experience road block on the highway
u can send text only to the IG on this number
[size=8pt]08077446699[/size]
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by Zofvizuals(m): 5:45pm On Mar 09, 2012
No going back oh IGP!
the old road blocks did not stop crime, bomb movement & smugglers.

No road block does not stop the police from doing their normal patrolling but they want to capitalize on that instruction to stop patrolling.

Police get the message clear no roadblock DOES NOT STOP POLICE PATROLLING THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE IN CIVILIZED COUNTRIES.
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by roddk(m): 3:17am On Mar 10, 2012
Keepin fingers crossed
Re: I Will Not Reverse My Directive On Roadblock Removal - Igp Abubakar by nduchucks: 3:59am On Mar 10, 2012
From Lagos to Abuja by road, not a single police checkpoint!!!! Only the customs thieves were out there carrying on with their extortions. Kudos to the IGP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Diezani Alison Madueke’s Secret Romance With Hayden Boss, Dapo Abiodun / UK Backs Nigeria On Mali Mission / Former Oceanic Bank MD,Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Ibru Dies At 34

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.