Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode (12801 Views)

If I Were You,i'd Be Too Ashamed To Mock Change: Oby Ezekwesili (photo) / Lagos Born Igbo Boy Views / My Take On Stella Oduah's Fake MBA Degree - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by SamIkenna: 4:37pm On Mar 09, 2012
There are many Igbos that would follow Awo to the grave just as some Yorubas would follow Ojukwu to the great beyond. Fact is - we love and hate for the same reasons. Awo was good to Yorubas and Ojukwu was good to us, nothing to hate there.

We need to quit over-flogging this issue. However, one question I want to ask my Yoruba brothers is this - what wrong did Ojukwu do to you? Do you hate him because you think he wronged your ethnic group or because you think he wronged the Nigerian state? Do you hate him because you hate Ndigbo or because you think Ndigbo hate Awo?

You need to cool off and ask yourself why you hate your fellow man. Whether you love or hate Ojukwu, one thing we can agree on is - 42 years after Biafra/Nigeria war, the seccession bell is ringing louder and Aburi (aka SNC) call is in overdrive.

Take a step back and ask how Ojukwu offended you, for all I know, Ojukwu, both in life and death, never disrespected Yoruba race so all this hate is unnecessary.

1 Like

Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2012
They will tell you it's because Ojukwu invaded the midwest.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Dede1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 09, 2012
Aigbofa:

Dede1, if nobody prostrated for you, it is most likely because of your sour attitude. Not because you weren't rich. There are some things money cannot buy in Yorubaland, unlike iboland.
Even if you are rich, with this your attitude, you will only get Yoruba dogs to use your legs as fire hydrants.

Did I write like someone who was not over loaded with wet floor greetings? In fact, in some cases, I get seriously embarrassed and pleaded with the greeters to stop. I do not blame you for the ill-informed comment about my state of affluence because I journeyed to this forum to banter with low lifers such as you.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by EzeUche(m): 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
I have a hard time understanding why some Yorubas hate Ojukwu.

Is it because the Igbos love him so much?

Ojukwu never disrespected the Yoruba and he even speaks their language better than some of the posters, which should make them feel flattered.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by nduchucks: 4:54pm On Mar 09, 2012
Femi Fani-Kayode is no Remilekun Fani-Kayode. No amount of goodwill generated from his latest antics will prevent him from answering to his EFCC charges of laundering various sums of money totaling N230 million through some of his aides, his wife, Regina Fani-Kayode and daughter. barawo banza
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2012
Dede1:

Did I write like someone who was not over loaded with wet floor greetings? In fact, in some cases, I get seriously embarrassed and pleaded with the greeters to stop. I do not blame you for the ill-informed comment about my state of affluence because I journeyed to this forum to banter with low lifers such as you.
[b][/b]

Who cares about your affluence or lack of it? You could be as broke as a church rat for all I know.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2012
Abeg Abeg abeg, anytime a yoruba man talks like this he needs his big brother "Igbos". The same sweet mouth AWO used and was released by OJUKWU and we know the rest history
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Dede1(m): 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Femi Fani-Kayode is no Remilekun Fani-Kayode. No amount of goodwill generated from his latest antics will prevent him from answering to his EFCC charges of laundering various sums of money totaling N230 million through some of his aides, his wife, Regina Fani-Kayode and daughter. barawo banza

I have warned you to turn a page on real historical facts. The son could be better than the father in this case of non-consequential comparison except for amount of money embezzled. RFK was a professional political backstabber and turncoat.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Dede1(m): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2012
Aigbofa:

[b][/b]

Who cares about your affluence or lack of it? You could be as broke as a church rat for all I know.

If I should convert the floor rolling greetings given to me in Yoruba land into trophies, I shall need a ship to haul them to Igbo land.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by samstradam: 5:43pm On Mar 09, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Femi Fani-Kayode is no Remilekun Fani-Kayode. ,No amount of goodwill generated from his latest antics will prevent him from answering to his EFCC charges of laundering various sums of money totaling N230 million through some of his aides, his wife, Regina Fani-Kayode and daughter. barawo banza
^^This
and this alone should be the only thing that should matter to any Nigerian, no matter if you're happy to be one or not. This man stole from Igbo, Hausa, Efik, Edo, Igala and even his own kith and kin- he is the lowest of lows, an individual IMO worse than BH, responsible for it in fact- someone born with everything, educated to the highest standards but still felt the need to steal and deny millions of his countrymen the same chance at a better life, a total ingrate to God!

I ask if a murderer(which he is) had said good words about Ojukwu, would we have more than 2 pages discussing there worth We are all in this cesspit together and sentimental reasoning is one of the main reasons, the sooner we all wake up the better for us all.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Onlytruth(m): 5:47pm On Mar 09, 2012
I just finished reading through the thread and concluded that some of my brothers (and some Yorubas obviously) misunderstoond my position on this almost completely. I did not want to respond to the Eko-Ile types, so I simply ignored them.  cool

Go back again to my FIRST response on this thread; basically this is what I said:

"You are welcome bro Fani Kayode. You are my brother in Ojukwu."

I never said Kayode is now to be given Igbo vote or political coin. None of that. I choose my word very carefuly.
I was only saying (in simple terms) that his words are true, and that (whether he means them or not) his lionizing of Ojukwu as a hero IS WELCOME.  cool Nothing more, nothing less.
Anybody who lionizes Ojukwu in public will get my appreciation. It is when he comes for my votes or political capital that I shall sit him down to examine his records.

The funny thing is that it is these people talking about Igbo being too easy to deceive that are actually the easiest ones to deceive.
They somehow can't discern true Igbo thoughts on issues just by following our statements; and when we make our moves, they become befuddled, confused and angry, just like when we gave GEJ the unprecedented support. They still don't understand why we did it, and often make the mistake of thinking we voted because he attached "Ebele" to his name. Fact is we really didn't. It is much deeper than that.  Just watch, the Nigerian political game is gradually shifting to our corner, and nobody can do anything about it.  cool

BTW I asked a question earlier, which was re-echoed by my brother Sam_Ikenna;

WHAT DID OJUKWU DO WRONG TO ANY YORUBA PERSON TO ATTRACT HATE?  

I'm still waiting for the answer.  cool
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by emmatok(m): 5:53pm On Mar 09, 2012
Femi Fani-Kayode from OBJ - IBB and now Ojukwu.

The-same Femi Fani-Kayode insulted Wole Soyinka during OBJ regime?
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by aljharem(m): 5:57pm On Mar 09, 2012
Goodluck you him.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by emmatok(m): 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

I just finished reading through the thread and concluded that some of my brothers (and some Yorubas obviously) misunderstoond my position on this almost completely. I did not want to respond to the Eko-Ile types, so I simply ignored them.  cool

Go back again to my FIRST response on this thread; basically this is what I said:

"You are welcome bro Fani Kayode. You are my brother in Ojukwu."

I never said Kayode is now to be given Igbo vote or political coin. None of that. I choose my word very carefuly.
I was only saying (in simple terms) that his words are true, and that (whether he means them or not) his lionizing of Ojukwu as a hero IS WELCOME.  cool Nothing more, nothing less.
Anybody who lionizes Ojukwu in public will get my appreciation. It is when he comes for my votes or political capital that I shall sit him down to examine his records.

The funny thing is that it is these people talking about Igbo being too easy to deceive that are actually the easiest ones to deceive.
They somehow can't discern true Igbo thoughts on issues just by following our statements; and when we make our moves, they become befuddled, confused and angry, just like when we gave GEJ the unprecedented support. They still don't understand why we did it, and often make the mistake of thinking we voted because he attached "Ebele" to his name. Fact is we really didn't. It is much deeper than that.  Just watch, the Nigerian political game is gradually shifting to our corner, and nobody can do anything about it.  cool

BTW I asked a question earlier, which was re-echoed by my brother Sam_Ikenna;

WHAT DID OJUKWU DO WRONG TO ANY YORUBA PERSON TO ATTRACT HATE?  

I'm still waiting for the answer.  cool

Your(Igbos)  hate towards AWOLOWO, made some Yorubas hate Ojukwu.

Awo and Ojukkwu were still friends after the civil war.

But Igbo propaganda  made Awo and Yorubas look bad.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by aljharem(m): 6:02pm On Mar 09, 2012
emmatok:

Your(Igbos)  hate towards AWOLOWO, made some Yorubas hate Ojukwu.

Awo and Ojukkwu were still friend after the civil war.

But Igbo propaganda  made Awo and Yorubas look bad.

gbammm !!!!
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by lagcity(m): 6:04pm On Mar 09, 2012
emmatok:

Your(Igbos) hate towards AWOLOWO, made some Yorubas hate Ojukwu.

Awo and Ojukkwu were still friend after the civil war.

But Igbo propaganda made Awo and Yorubas look bad.

Spot on, Igbos hate Awo more than they hate Gowon. Highly Illogical.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Onlytruth(m): 6:10pm On Mar 09, 2012
In other words, I hate your wife because she is ugly, you then hate mine back, even though she is the most beautiful babe ever created by God. I can see. lol  undecided
It is a no win situation because like I said, I can count at least TWO Awo crimes against Ndigbo. You cannot count even ONE Ojukwu crime againt Yoruba.

Anyway, I'm out once more.  cool
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by chino11(m): 6:17pm On Mar 09, 2012
FFK has proved once more that the nomenclature 'Yoruba' is associated with backwardness, visionlessness, poverty and above all that Yoruba is synonymous with c.a.n.c.e.r.

Am sure the young man will go out of his way to fully educate the army of yorooba clowns and focuseless to study Ikemba Nnewi as Gov Akpabio rightly said.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 09, 2012
Onlytruth:

In other words, I hate your wife because she is ugly, you then hate mine back, even though she is the most beautiful babe ever created by God. I can see. lol  undecided
It is a no win situation because like I said, I can count at least TWO Awo crimes against Ndigbo. You cannot count even ONE Ojukwu crime againt Yoruba.

Anyway, I'm out once more.  cool

You hate someone's wife and he is supposed to love your wife? What type of igbo do you people smoke? If you hate my wife for example, isn't that enough reason to hate your entire family? What type of stupid analogy is that?
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by ikeyman00(m): 7:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
@@@@@

therefore as has been demonstrated in the thread there is something wrong with the yaribas

definately something is wrong somewhere

hmmm the ability to hate the truth is one of them;

weather the statement is for political reason or boko ing reason i dnt think it makes any difference

the truth is the truth!!! gbam the only issue here is the timing for which the truth was said nothing more or less

so yaribas what is it with u lots; last nite phone call from my yaribas pal which he said the yaribas are all bad belles; so what would u say now

as for alj boko harem i think u will agree with me that ur motive is nt hidden any longer; u are begining to make a fool of urself whenever u surface
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2012
ikeyman00:

@@@@@

therefore as has been demonstrated in the thread there is something wrong with the yaribas

definately something is wrong somewhere

hmmm the ability to hate the truth is one of them;

weather the statement is for political reason or boko ing reason i dnt think it makes any difference

the truth is the truth!!! [/b]gbam the only issue here is the timing for which the truth was said nothing more or less

so yaribas what is it with u lots; last nite phone call from my yaribas pal which [b]he said the yaribas are all bad belles
; so what would u say now

as for alj boko harem i think u will agree with me that ur motive is nt hidden any longer; u are begining to make a fool of urself whenever u surface

i was just thinking the same thing
na wa for dis people
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by playmode(m): 7:55pm On Mar 09, 2012
Don't you guys ever get tired No ,seriously this is really sick.Igbo this ,Yoruba that.Jonathan and his crew are busy fucking up the country and the best you guys can do is bicker over whose "dick" is the biggest.Please people grow up ,in case you do not realize it Nigeria is a backward sh!thole of a country that is not respected by anyone.Until we face up to our priorities and collectively deal with those messing up the country then none of us is intelligent ,we are just dumb Africans looking for an excuse to claw at each other over petty issues while the main issues get ignored!

1 Like

Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 09, 2012
No wonder Igbos are politically bankrupt  grin grin grin grin every region in Nigeria uses the Igbos to reach presidency but Igbos themselves have never smell it because they are so easily deceived. Igbos are politically naive, immature and will easily sell themselves for some ghana must go bags in abuja, A statement made by a politically finished thief is generating this kind of applause  undecided undecided what planet do you guys come from?
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Eziachi: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2012
lagcity:

Spot on, Igbos hate Awo more than they hate Gowon. Highly Illogical.
So you hate Mango just because the producer hates orange that grow in your land?
That is the most senseless thing I've heard so far on why most Yorubas hated Ojukwu.
I had always been pragmatic about Chief Awolowo and Igbos during and after the civil war. I admire Chief Awolowo for his quick understanding of what Nigeria is really is- a cosmetic country of many repelling people forced to leave together by the British empire's governance convenience.

Whatever he did irrespective of how it affected others outside Yoruba land, especially the Igbos, he did it for the love of his people. That is a fact. Its like a kite, that took the chicks from the chicken because he wanted to feed his own.
If you ask most Igbo men why theymay have disliked Chief Awolowo during and after the war? They will tell you these.
1. He took advantage of two young and naive persons with confusing messages (Gowon/Ojukwu)  by prouncing that if the East go, there will be no basis for one Nigeria and Odua will follow suite and when that happened, he turned 360 degrees and joined northerners that threw him into prison. to declare wr on the east, his fellow southerners. He, with others like Enahoro, Edwin Clarke, Saro Wiwa pressed on naive Gowon to reject  the Aburi that guaranteed everybody independence, something he fought for against Akintola in the West earlier.

2. He openly advocated the use of starvation against Biafran CIVILIANS as war weapon, something unheard of, in the modern history conflicts and wars, which led to the death of millions of children and the elderly.

3. As the minister of finance he sanctioned the confiscation of all Biafran people assets in the banks, same thing the NAZIS DID TO THE JEWS and to give all 20 Nigeriian pounds irrespective of how much you had in the bank and this compounded the already blighted situation and my own family lost many generation of accumulated wealth for just 20 Nigerian pounds.

4. As minister of finance and commerce he placed a ban on a well known Igbo delicacy stockfish importation. Something that could help in the starvation recovery due to its high protein content. Also placed a ban on second hand clothing, a known Igbo trading item and something that could be affordable and helpful to people that has lost everything in the war materially.

5. He carried out the indeginization policy of companies including companies like UAC which its majority shares was  earlier held by the Ojukwu family and it ended up with people like Christopher Kolade. AND THIS POLICY WAS THE REASON COMAPNIES ; Llike PZ, Leventis, ITT, Coastain, Hoest, Kingsway etc ended up with Yoruba  establishments, as the north were only interetsed in the political power and Igbos penniless.

Like I said, this reasons above is why most Igbo dislike Chief Awolowo during and after the war, and like I said earlier too, he did what he had to do to benefit his people in a dog eat dog place called One Nigeria.  AND JUST LIKE OTHER HAD SAID, I WANT YORUBAS  IN NL THAT CLAIM TO HATE OJUKWU even in death TO TELL US WHAT Ojukwu did that hurt you so much to hate him if not tribalism?

1 Like

Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2012
Aigbofa:

You hate someone's wife and he is supposed to love your wife? What type of igbo do you people smoke? If you hate my wife for example, isn't that enough reason to hate your entire family? What type of silly analogy is that?

yoruba "wife" => awo
igbo "wife" => ojukwu

awo's "beauty" to igbos => hated igbo and starved children to death; stole igbo money in banks
ojukwu's "beauty" to yorubas => loved them all his life, spoke their language, committed no crime against them, not even one crime.

awo's "beauty" => universal ugliness; reason: hated igbo all his life.
ojukwu's "beauty" => universal cuteness; reason: never hated yoruba even for a day all his life.

most of you here are very slow frankly. igbo are light years ahead of you.  smiley
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2012
inufele2:

No wonder Igbos are politically bankrupt  grin grin grin grin every region in Nigeria uses the Igbos to reach presidency but Igbos themselves have never smell it because they are so easily deceived. Igbos are politically naive, immature and will easily sell themselves for some ghana must go bags in abuja, A statement made by a politically finished thief is generating this kind of applause  undecided undecided what planet do you guys come from?

well, let us see you yaribas ascend to presidency again in nigeria before the igbo
when that happens, then you may have a point
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
kayswag100:

Very soon, the corrupt MotherF.U.C.Ker would wish he were born american because of Obama

i have seen [b]many [/b]nigerians who said that.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by dayokanu(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2012
You want to know why Yorubas hate Ojuku?

Read Ojukus letter to Banjo

vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

Read more here

http://www.dawodu.com/biafra1.htm
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by shuddyy: 8:45pm On Mar 09, 2012
Asking why yorubas hate ojuiku is immature. Ojukwu was the synbol of igbo nation and due to this subsisting rivalry betwn igbos and yorubas in all fronts,one shd expect such sentiments whether misplaced or rightly placed. Do u ever wonder why igbos too will also wanna ridicle any yoruba achievement as its alway seen on this forum? Rivalry, brother! Let just hope it stays healthy.
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by Osiris212(f): 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2012
Ojukwu was a power drunk mofo. . .no amount of polishing can change the fact the demon was tamed.

dayokanu:

You want to know why Yorubas hate Ojuku?

Read Ojukus letter to Banjo

Read more here

http://www.dawodu.com/biafra1.htm
Re: For Ojukwu, I Wished I Were Born Igbo – By Femi Fani-kayode by saibuhari(m): 8:52pm On Mar 09, 2012
What is this hate about? A great man is a great man. Individual feeling or jealousy is mere waste of time. Ojukwu is da bomb, a visionary, Primus Interpares. Let haters go to refuse dump for lunch or better still go hug transformer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Assembly Summons Contractor Of Itokun-Ikorodu Poorly Constructed Road / I Will Check Excesses Of Lagos Touts – Jandor / Zulum: Opposition Parties Won't Win A Single Polling Unit In Borno State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.