Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,996 members, 7,863,583 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 08:40 PM

Why American Films Are Ridiculous. - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Why American Films Are Ridiculous. (6808 Views)

Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better / Nigerian Films Are Now Becoming What You Can't Watch With Your Family These Days / 80% Of Nollywood Films Are Wack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by ProfJYK(m): 11:49pm On Mar 11, 2012
blackboi:

sorry dear, they're fast 4kin loosing relevance. For me, its Modern Korea Movies all the way cheesy
Naaa bro, loosing relevance how? Avatar grossed over $2billion and that was 2009. fastforward to 2012, MI:IV, Ghost protocol has already quadrupled its budget in just 9weeks on big screen(cost $148mil, made $657mil and still) and still counting. by d time u add DVD sales, that's doesn't show loss of relevance.

the koreans are coming up, but doesn't mean loss of relevance for hollywood.
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by oiseworld: 1:06am On Mar 12, 2012
Hollywood is an industry on its own. From start to finish. It cuts across production,marketing,managing of creative ideas in and out of the movie industry. Movie makers want to give to the people creativity at a price worth paying for. So they go the whole mile to get it done.

Secomdly, the security nd garanty on return of investment is another sure thing. Every body is out to make money. The marketers, cinema owners,producers, studios,owners. And we are talking of owners of good infrastructures. All these makes creativity at its highest and therefore justifies the high cost of production.

Fimally, with too much whahala in the news today, the human minds wants to be entertained and with the very large and readily available market across the world, you don't expect serious minded american movie producers not to come out with the best and nothing less.
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by kemmeye: 3:05am On Mar 12, 2012
At least they aare not like nigerian films where in the first half people are crying and in the second half people are screaming or vice versa i can never understand why they cry and scream. undecided
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by Zilja(f): 3:17am On Mar 12, 2012
The reason is because the money is made in entertainment in the US. We have the best cast for the film and locations. Don't forget about timing, timing is everything. Marketing is the most important. If you get Stephen Spillberg to do a film in Nigeria you wouldnt be asking the same question. You'd be buy the movie and going to see it at the same time lol enjoy!
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by Yzzey(m): 3:29am On Mar 12, 2012
Nigeria movie and music industry need mass of creativity. Gone are those days when we had good movies. What they are producing 2day is 'public pollution'. We don't get inspiration and initiative frm what we watch here in 9ja and her co banana republic neighbours. E.g Ghana, etc. May God help us if we help ourselves!
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by VirtuousWoman: 10:52am On Mar 12, 2012
Nollywood movies are full of voodoo because most Nigerians are fetish irrespective of where they worship, what they worship or how they worship.
Their faith is more on babalawo than on the creator of heaven and earth.
1) The single lady believes she should use charms before she can get married.
2) The married woman believes she should do the same before she can have a child.
3) The man (single/married) believes he should do some occultic rituals before his business can grow or before winning an election.

It's all very disgusting. I dont like watching, because they poison your mind against your inlaws, family and friends.
Sincerely Nollywood producers should help Naija to promote a better image of this country in their productions. They are sending more fear round the country and the world about the storyline/movies they dole out.
Nollywood producers, you are ambassados of this country, please tell some decent stories about Naija because I believe that there are some decent lifestyle here.

The quality is low, because of finance, if they get better sponsores (banks / corporate bodies etc), their quality will improve.
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by jidowu84: 12:36pm On Mar 12, 2012
Sorry to say; most posters on here criticising our own TiwanTiwa home made are bastards. If you cannot confidently point with a right hand to you own father's house irespect of the state. You are bastards, how on earth do you expect naija films to rub shoulders wif its senior counterpart abroad not considering the years btw d two. 100yrs + and 50yrs+ check it urself. Who can invest 38Bnaira on a single film here? Yet you fools came out here making jest of your own ass in a public forum like this. Can any of you buy a CD/film for $100 -#15,000 or even $10 -#1,500. I hate all this; i dnt watch nigerian films, etc. And you are from nigeria even if you change ur citizenship, you can't change where you originated from. So stop all dat rubbish. If you dont watch it, kp it to yourself and dnt come here to post anyfin nonsensical. Nigeria is our home, we dnt have any oda place to call home. 'Great Nation Good peaple' (GNGP) IF U DNT HAVE OR KNOW ANY GOOD THING TO POST ABOUT NIGERIA, DNT POST. SHIKENAH! i am coming back sha...
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by Aksum: 4:07am On Mar 13, 2012
I've stopped watching american movies years ago, they are full of cliches and follow the same old routine (good guy likes girl, girl ignores him. Bad guy fights good guy. Good guy gets the girl) Boring as hell!. Majority of the good or watchable movies they bring out now are all remakes of foreign (european/asian) movies Eg. The girl with the dragon tattoo, the departed, the ring the list is endless. What I hate is all of these remakes aren't better than the original they all pale in comparison and drag a good movie down. Just because there's some obese ham burger eating coca cola diet american in texas that can't be bothered to watch a movie with sub titles or they can't relate to (hence why american make remakes + they stand to profit from the sales of the remakes too) that's my 2 cents smiley.. My first post and dang it was long :-D
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hollywood movies are way better than the rubbish we see on our home videos in 9ja
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hollywood movies are way better than the rubbish we see on our home videos in 9ja
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by andrewza: 3:43pm On Mar 13, 2012
These big budet movies are good because they cost so much but there are a few small B grad movies that are good. Not has many though.
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by VillageBoi(m): 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
You know I too have wondered about this...why spend so much money on ageing technology re: Benjamin Button when they can slap chalk and charcoal on the actor's face ala Baba Suwe?

Why spend so much on special effects when they can use toy helicopter and interpose scenes from other films into their own film.

Why spend so much on writers, editors, directors when you can hire your wife's sister's husbands younger brothers third wife to do the job...she is an expert, after all she owns a netflix account.

Why hire professionals to compose scores that set the mood for your movies when you can play Dbanj's I love Big Yansh for every scene in the movie...even the sad scenes.

In short, why spend all that money when Nollywood has proven over and over and over again that all you need is $10 and an eager heart.

I've come to the conclusion that Hollywood is full of wastrels and they need lessons on how to spend money

Plain & simple... I really like your post!!

I know I'm a newbie but for NL to new-up itself on me is a bit confusing! What happened to the 'off-key' timer that claimed I'd spent 683yrs here... that was funny!!
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by eleojo23: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2013
jidowu84: Sorry to say; most posters on here criticising our own TiwanTiwa home made are bastards. If you cannot confidently point with a right hand to you own father's house irespect of the state. You are bastards, how on earth do you expect naija films to rub shoulders wif its senior counterpart abroad not considering the years btw d two. 100yrs + and 50yrs+ check it urself. Who can invest 38Bnaira on a single film here? Yet you fools came out here making jest of your own ass in a public forum like this. Can any of you buy a CD/film for $100 -#15,000 or even $10 -#1,500. I hate all this; i dnt watch nigerian films, etc. And you are from nigeria even if you change ur citizenship, you can't change where you originated from. So stop all dat rubbish. If you dont watch it, kp it to yourself and dnt come here to post anyfin nonsensical. Nigeria is our home, we dnt have any oda place to call home. 'Great Nation Good peaple' (GNGP) IF U DNT HAVE OR KNOW ANY GOOD THING TO POST ABOUT NIGERIA, DNT POST. SHIKENAH! i am coming back sha...
You are correct. Don't mind this guys. They are American patriots in Nigeria. Why don't you guys find your way home(america)?! *annoyed and tapping fingers my table!*
Re: Why American Films Are Ridiculous. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2013
more than half of nigerian movies, you always find people crying and it last 2mins and above

for real who would want to see someone crying for more than a 1 min

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Open The Scrambled Channels On Eutelsat W3a / Kwese TV: Latest "Pay-per-view" Satellite TV / Heroes Reborn.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.