Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia (15211 Views)

Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / An Insight Into The Ijaws Of South South Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by tpia5: 2:38am On Mar 13, 2012
obviously beaf and his cohorts know what's going on, but can someone modify the thread title as well or who is telling lies against wikipedia.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Yewe2011(m): 2:39am On Mar 13, 2012
yea they are definitely not

Ijaws, are 4th largest (make up 16% of the population and amount to roughly 16 million people)

clearly the 3 largest ethnic groups in Nigeria are (in no order) Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 2:58am On Mar 13, 2012
Add me if you use a blackberry. Pin:26BE3874! English speaking persons only! wink
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by DuduNegro: 3:33am On Mar 13, 2012
Beaf, is the one selling Yanogoa to the world as a fourth largest ethnic group. The first article said they have a soccer league in Yeanagoa. . . I'm like really, Playing water in the creek
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by htajz: 3:55am On Mar 13, 2012
Yenagoa's population is estimated at about 12,350,000 people.[citation needed] It is the home of the Bayelsa United FC, a premier league football club.

grin grin grin i think he ment our population is about about 12.3 million and not yenogoa population.btw who takes what is written in wikipedia seriously.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by htajz: 3:55am On Mar 13, 2012
Yenagoa's population is estimated at about 12,350,000 people.[citation needed] It is the home of the Bayelsa United FC, a premier league football club.

grin grin grin i think he meant our population is about about 12.3 million and not yenogoa population.btw who takes what is written in wikipedia seriously.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by lagcity(m): 4:24am On Mar 13, 2012
It is true. Ijaws have replaced Igbos in Naija power equation. Make Yorubas keep an eye on their Edo brothers. If not, the same fate will befall the Yoruba. It's WaZoVare, b1tches! Konichiwa. cheesy
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Beaf: 5:15am On Mar 13, 2012
lagcity: It is true. Ijaws have replaced Igbos in Naija power equation. Make Yorubas keep an eye on their Edo brothers. If not, the same fate will befall the Yoruba. It's WaZoVare, b1tches! Konichiwa. cheesy

Fail!

So there are still people that dream Nigeria stands on an ethnic tripod? shocked
Shine ya eyes wella, then do your maths again, bruv.

I de laf o!
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 13, 2012
Tru tru...d ijaws will soon occupy abuja,already ocupy wikipedia...just ijawcious.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Mynd44: 6:35am On Mar 13, 2012
Some people just like altering reality even if it means lying to themselves
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Exponental(m): 6:56am On Mar 13, 2012
Should i call it marketing strategy?
"Ijaw Republic", I'm not surprise.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by kayswag100(m): 7:12am On Mar 13, 2012
Goes 2 show dat wikipedia ISNT a reliable source of information.
Months back, i read thing about rapper, m.i, and most things written there were lies. . .
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 13, 2012
there was no reference to back up the claim so why would anyone take that serious.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 13, 2012
kayswag100: Goes 2 show dat wikipedia ISNT a reliable source of information.
Months back, i read thing about rapper, m.i, and most things written there were lies. . .

that's why it is advisable to always go through the reference as well after reading the article. Some newspapers publishers are involved in gutter journalism especially in Nigeria.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by bakila: 7:35am On Mar 13, 2012
saxywale:

that's why it is advisable to always go through the reference as well after reading the article. Some newspapers publishers are involved in gutter journalism especially in Nigeria.

Then to the gutter goes the Wiki entry. Izon should correct the mischevious entry.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by DRANOEL(m): 7:45am On Mar 13, 2012
Yewe2011: yea they are definitely not

Ijaws, are 4th largest (make up 16% of the population and amount to roughly 16 million people)

clearly the 3 largest ethnic groups in Nigeria are (in no order) Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo

who gave ijaws the 4th largest tribe? where do you put the nupe-,tiv,ibibio,kanuri who are clearly more than the ijaw?

the ijaws are mostly concentrated in bayelsa with small populations in delta,ondo and rivers. the 2006 census figures for bayelsa was 1.6million.

the tivs are mostly concentrated in benue with populations in nassarawa,taraba,plateau and cross rivers. the 2006 census for tiv areas of benue was 3.2. now if you add 1million each to both groups (to take care of outside populations) you would get 2.6million ijaws and 4.2million tivs
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by GChux1: 7:51am On Mar 13, 2012
Big ass liar. You must be some bored person. Guys discard this info as it is not what is written in Wikipedia.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by dustydee: 8:10am On Mar 13, 2012
grin grin grin whoever believes what he sees on wikipedia. Must be the hand work of a drunk fisher man.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by semid4lyfe(m): 8:20am On Mar 13, 2012
alj harem:

Okitipupa is not even an Ijaw settlement, It is an Ilaje settlement. Arogbo LG is the only Ijaw settlment

Get your facts right,

Facts are sacred and you shouldn't correct someone unless you're absolutely sure of what you're posting.

1. Arogbo is not a Local Government Area in Ondo State.

2. The Ijaws of Ondo State are in Ese-Odo Local Government (with headquarters in Igbekebo) and Ese-Odo LGA is not exactly homogenous since it comprises of the Apoi's too.

3. There are lots of Ijaw towns in Ese-Odo LGA and Arogbo is the principal town and seat of the Paramount ruler of the Ijaws of Ondo State. . .The Agadagba of Arogbo.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 8:25am On Mar 13, 2012
This thread is a very funny one
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by KINGwax(m): 8:29am On Mar 13, 2012
dayokanu: Thats what you get from people who had no shoes, Chances are that they also have no brains.
ha! But em..*word*.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by KINGwax(m): 8:32am On Mar 13, 2012
semid4lyfe:

Facts are sacred and you shouldn't correct someone unless you're absolutely sure of what you're posting.

1. Arogbo is not a Local Government Area in Ondo State.

2. The Ijaws of Ondo State are in Ese-Odo Local Government (with headquarters in Igbekebo) and Ese-Odo LGA is not exactly homogenous since it comprises of the Apoi's too.

3. There are lots of Ijaw towns in Ese-Odo LGA and Arogbo is the principal town and seat of the Paramount ruler of the Ijaws of Ondo State. . .The Agadagba of Arogbo.
shatap! Mtcheew
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by pcicero(m): 8:34am On Mar 13, 2012
We all can now see why this nation will never develop. I just can't understand why people will twist facts and realities to suit their myopic claims.
As for me, Wikipedia is no longer reliable.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by DariusD(m): 8:43am On Mar 13, 2012
I laff in Spanish...The wikipedia should not just be edited by anybody.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 13, 2012
Got to give it to this Arogundade fellow grin
Resulting from a combined effort involving some other pseudonym called talk, not only are we better informed that Yenagoa is one of the most populous cities in the world, we also now know it occupies a land area greater than Nigeria itself - 700211116 kmĀ² grin grin grin

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by nasty45(m): 9:04am On Mar 13, 2012
MTCHEWWW....WU GIVES 2 F!UC.K
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 13, 2012
Facebook Page wink

1 Like

Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by dadicvila(m): 10:23am On Mar 13, 2012
dayokanu: Thats what you get from people who had no shoes, Chances are that they also have no brains.
you must be a big ram 4 making such a statement,idiot
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by KnowAll(m): 10:27am On Mar 13, 2012
Okitipupa is a Yoruba settlement and largest town in Ondo South Senatorial district. They speak a variant form of the Ondo dialect, they are not Ilajes.
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by daywatcher: 10:28am On Mar 13, 2012
to me o, this thread just antagonise the notion that Nigeria can be peacefully divided simply by Muslim North and Christian South
Re: Ijaws: Nigeria's Largest Ethnic Group - Wikipedia by stillme(m): 10:28am On Mar 13, 2012
:/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Were Yorubas Called Before The 19th Century? / What Is Reason Behind Bearing Names With Igbo Suffixes And Prefixes Among Igbo? / Can Any Nigerian Man Look Like This Man (Pics Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.