Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? (3492 Views)

Poll: Do you like the new Nairaland?

YES: 45% (21 votes)
NO: 45% (21 votes)
UNDECIDED: 8% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland: State Of The Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by honsule(m): 4:53am On Mar 13, 2012
To me i can see new improvements.Let me just list 3
1.You can now edit/modify your post unlike before.
2.I have the power as a moderator to Ban anyone on this phone section grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
3.You can Send an E-mail/friend Request to a Nairalander direct.
Kudos to Seun,but like someone said somewhere:'Seun needs to alter the colour theme'

----Hon.Sule Esq-----
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by aieromon(m): 5:02am On Mar 13, 2012
Well,I don't like the fact that I have to login each time I wish to view the website.
I also need my signature back and the number of posts should be displayed.I hope Seun listens to suggestions sha.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by honsule(m): 5:22am On Mar 13, 2012
aieromon: Well,I don't like the fact that I have to login each time I wish to view the website.
I also need my signature back and the number of posts should be displayed.I hope Seun listens to suggestions sha.

whoops,my bad! i didnt even advert my mind to the signature aspect.That Number of posts is vital too wink wink wink
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Bawss1(m): 6:34am On Mar 13, 2012
Yeah where is the post count? And the emoticons? And the insert picture/flash/quote buttons? The whole text formatting ish has disappeared or maybe I cant see them. The cool part is being able to see people's birthdays on their profile
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Bawss1(m): 9:18am On Mar 13, 2012
^^

OK For some reason I wasn't seeing the text formatting options using my phone but I see them clearly now on my laptop.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Odunharry(m): 10:59am On Mar 13, 2012
the nu luk is not da bad,let c aw it goes sha.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Suntemi(m): 12:57pm On Mar 13, 2012
I'm still finding it hard to quote anyone after clicking the "reply" button. + what aieromon noted. Also preview button don disappear. Honsule, u get power to ban U come dey happy abi? I fit ban u too no ask how.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Saipro(m): 2:08pm On Mar 13, 2012
I could care less about the number of posts. For those who value signatures, I can see how removing them may become an issue. Overall? New, yes. Not much of an improvement though. Actually, a number of element ....., I find distasteful. But that's just me.

Edit: I think it's the theme that's getting to me
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by justfree1(m): 3:00pm On Mar 13, 2012
one thing that does not change in life is change but this change oga no make sense sad there are so many themes and templete wey go bam na...seriously there are lots of bugs on this templete. i pray hungry hackers no start practice here lipsrsealed lipsrsealed all the same nice thinking about change
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emeka72(m): 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2012
This new Naifaland Forum does not pay me at all. I can no longer access Nairaland Forum with My Phone (NOKIA 6020). Maybe the new site is too heavy for My Phone because I use MTN WAP empy-N ef-bi-ti without credit.
pls tell Seunthat this new site is not favourable for pe;ple like Me.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by deeteeneey(f): 3:19pm On Mar 13, 2012
I like the new look of nairaland
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emeka72(m): 3:40pm On Mar 13, 2012
Right now I amin the cafe. I can no longer enjoy Nairaland Forum on My phone. I think the old and former Nairaland forun is far better.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emeka71(m): 3:59pm On Mar 13, 2012
Hey I am back with this new developments.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by honsule(m): 5:57am On Mar 14, 2012
deeteeneey: I like the new look of nairaland

longest time.how are u doing?
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by timbros(m): 7:14am On Mar 14, 2012
I think i like the new NL... I still access it thru my phone and..i can now quote! Only the siggy thing, i wish Seun can bring our signatures back..

1 Like

Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Brite02(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2012
Multiple quotes, dark themes, signatures, smileys, previews are all needed. I think with this the mobile version will look great. Also there should be link where one can access NL1 version, if not there might be a traffic drop in this site, hope you get the drift wink
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by tunnex190: 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2012
This new look is a lil bit cool for me, but post counts and signatures really mean something to me. It would of been so more cooler if it's returned.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by puskin: 1:18am On Mar 15, 2012
U guys haven't talked about the "time of post issue". . . .which one is 17hours blah blah minutes ago.
BTW, the theme is hurting my eyes. DAMN

. . but Im still wondering why he wants to fix wats not broken. . . .why dumping SMF(Simple Machines Forum) for this, whatever this is
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emmyk(m): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2012
The platform should have been retained and all the qualities u stated added.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by semid4lyfe(m): 9:59pm On Mar 15, 2012
Things I hate about the new Nairaland

1. The Theme (both on PC & Phone)
2. The layout. . .as in I preferred the layout of the old Nairaland in which threads in the sections were partitioned into columns with the thread, no of views/replies and latest post
3. The page numbering system. . .what the heck is page 0? undecided
4. The absence of the post count and signature
5. Like puskin noted the ''time of post'' issue
6. That my username is not the first name displayed when I scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to see users online and Moderators are not indicated by a different colour.

I could go on and on but, make I just SMS for here.

In short, this new NL na BIG ERROR. I hate am die. My morale for Nairaland bin dey very low before (and I was hardly posting despite spending hours online on Nairaland everyday) but Seun has killed what was left of it with this new Nairaland.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by chux76(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2012
Yeah,they say Change is the only constant thing,but I must say that this change is no change at all and I totally dislike it. The color theme is annoying and not encouraging at all,Signatures:how mighty they are is no longer there,Navigation is nothing compared to the old Nairaland,and I get notifications in my email on new posts to threads,Is the function in this new NL I think not...in fact I no gbadun this new NL @ all @ all,make I no lie.
Old NL pls come back.... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by luluosas(m): 9:49am On Mar 17, 2012
It has been a while I visited. The new look is not too bad but, the colour outlook is too dull.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Mafia4life(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2012
My most important option is no longer accessable and which is ''Updated Topics''
I missed that..
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by tunnex190: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2012
This is indeed too bad. I don't like it all. Old one is far better than this one times 100
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emmyk(m): 12:52am On Mar 18, 2012
Mafia4, lol. The thing has a new name- FOLLOWED. Let the website just a a damn colour na! This one is boring. Givit a colour and we will manage it
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emmyk(m): 12:53am On Mar 18, 2012
Lol. And I noticed my POST COUNT boosted up, dunno why, buh I guess its the posts I do post on the formal NL which wont count, MAYBE!
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Seun(m): 2:34pm On Mar 18, 2012
Emmyk: Lol. And I noticed my POST COUNT boosted up, dunno why, buh I guess its the posts I do post on the formal NL which wont count, MAYBE!

Yes, we now count all your posts, regardless of where you posted them. Cool, eh?
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Brite02(m): 5:23pm On Mar 18, 2012
Seun:

Yes, we now count all your posts, regardless of where you posted them. Cool, eh?

oga seun, how about the signatures
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Seun(m): 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2012
We'll make signatures optional. If you turn them on, you'll be able to see peoples' signatures.

1 Like

Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Enice(m): 10:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
The new links (trending, followed, recent) are excellent. it is easier to use. And the best of all, notifications are on longer sent as these were just jam-packing our mail box.

1 Like

Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emeka71(m): 5:06am On Mar 19, 2012
This new Nairaland is a rubbish site. I can no longer access Nairaland Forum on My phone. There is no WAP version. What Seun is doing is not good at all.
This is absolute bullshitology.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Picture Of Obama Back In The Days Carrying Sack On Farmland / Lastly I Found My Name At Coca-cola Bottle Drinks.... See Pics / Help!!!please I Need 20k Urgently From Anybody Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.