Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? (3494 Views)

Poll: Do you like the new Nairaland?

YES: 45% (21 votes)
NO: 45% (21 votes)
UNDECIDED: 8% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland: State Of The Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by aieromon(m): 6:34am On Mar 19, 2012
Seun: We'll make signatures optional. If you turn them on, you'll be able to see peoples' signatures.

Am waiting for this.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Suntemi(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2012
Seun: We'll make signatures optional. If you turn them on, you'll be able to see peoples' signatures.

Then let it be on on default.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Enice(m): 10:05am On Mar 19, 2012
Emeka 7: This new Nairaland is a rubbish site. I can no longer access Nairaland Forum on My phone. There is no WAP version. What Seun is doing is not good at all.
This is absolute bullshitology.
Right now, i am using my phone to make this reply.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Kadata(m): 10:21am On Mar 19, 2012
E nice: Right now, i am using my phone to make this reply.
Me too. Probably he's using the new Nokia 3310
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by mamaruthie(f): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2012
Brite02: Multiple quotes, dark themes, signatures, smileys, previews are all needed. I think with this the mobile version will look great. Also there should be link where one can access NL1 version, if not there might be a traffic drop in this site, hope you get the drift wink

This is true.

The new look and operation is cool. Has improved tremendously but still needs more attention.
Keep it up after all Rome was not built in a day even the popular Facebook and yahoo is still in the business and process of improvement and upgrade.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emeka72(m): 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
This new zraland is annoying. I use NOKIA 6020 and can't post reply in WAP context. D box to post reply doesn't appear in WAP context; it is absolute rubbish. I wonder how pple are saying dey can post wit thier phones¿
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Emeka72(m): 6:27pm On Mar 20, 2012
This new 9raland is annoying. I use NOKIA 6020 and can't post reply in WAP context. D box to post reply doesn't appear in WAP context; it is absolute rubbish. I wonder how pple are saying dey can post wit thier phones¿
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by aieromon(m): 6:28pm On Mar 20, 2012
Emeka 7.:
This new zraland is annoying. I use NOKIA 6020 and can't post reply in WAP context. D box to post reply doesn't appear in WAP context; it is absolute rubbish. I wonder how pple are saying dey can post wit thier phones¿

Guy,stop wondering.There is difference between khaki and leather. cheesy
Anyways,your WAP browser is seriously outdated and I don't know why you don't want to install third party browsers.Do give Opera Mini a try,ok.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by yamakuza: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2012
aieromon:

Guy,stop wondering.There is difference between khaki and leather. cheesy
Anyways,your WAP browser is seriously outdated and I don't know why you don't want to install third party browsers.Do give Opera Mini a try,ok.

seems he likes browsing for free using FBT.

He must be the only one using a strictly WAP BROWSER to access NL.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by icconium(m): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2012
@Seun kudos to u for this great job. Innovations dynamism and keeping up to date are all welcome in a jet age but i must confess that that the old nairaland was better in terms of back ground colour setting etc but the new nairaland looks like a site that the owner just started. Comments was made on u can now modify i believe i do modify in old nairaland.
@Seun pls there is scroll up no scroll down pls do something about.
Also what is happening to nairalist pls help us revive NAIRALIST. google trader trade stable have taken over pls NAIRALIST IS MORE ORGANISED with states included

1 Like

Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
Am i d only one affected I dont get mail notifications of replies on the thread i follow. I know if i dont check this thread in 10days, inwont know theres already a reply to my comment.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Lexusgs430: 4:55pm On Mar 22, 2012
tumababa: Am i d only one affected I dont get mail notifications of replies on the thread i follow. I know if i dont check this thread in 10days, inwont know theres already a reply to my comment.

That service is no longer on the menu! You probably will not see my reply, until you log in to check.! grin
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by aieromon(m): 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2012
I can see that the signatures have been brought back.Nice. smiley

2 Likes

Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 27, 2012
semid4lyfe: Things I hate about the new Nairaland

1. The Theme (both on PC & Phone)
2. The layout. . .as in I preferred the layout of the old Nairaland in which threads in the sections were partitioned into columns with the thread, no of views/replies and latest post
3. The page numbering system. . .what the heck is page 0? undecided
4. The absence of the post count and signature
5. Like puskin noted the ''time of post'' issue
6. That my username is not the first name displayed when I scroll down to the bottom of the homepage to see users online and Moderators are not indicated by a different colour.

I could go on and on but, make I just SMS for here.

In short, this new NL na BIG ERROR. I hate am die. My morale for Nairaland bin dey very low before (and I was hardly posting despite spending hours online on Nairaland everyday) but Seun has killed what was left of it with this new Nairaland.

spoke my mind
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 27, 2012
Lexusgs430:

That service is no longer on the menu! You probably will not see my reply, until you log in to check.! grin
just seeing ur reply grin grin
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by whiskystan: 8:29am On Mar 27, 2012
the new look of nairaland is just confusing i prefer the old one and is way better that this..... you cant even see who is online no email notifications smh this is just bullshit try and give us back the old design abeg we no want any change
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 28, 2012
Seun please do something about email notifications or is there a way round to get notifications.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Seun(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2012
blink182: Seun please do something about email notifications or is there a way round to get notifications.
E-mail notifications re-implemented! The new approach avoids clogging your inbox with e-mails.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 29, 2012
Seun:
E-mail notifications re-implemented! The new approach avoids clogging your inbox with e-mails.
Yeah received it, it's not love at first sight but let me try adjusting and see how it goes. Thanks
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Seun(m): 7:57am On Mar 29, 2012
blink182: Yeah received it, it's not love at first sight but let me try adjusting and see how it goes. Thanks
Hmm. What are your issues with the current approach? The fact that it links to /followed, perhaps?
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2012
Seun:
Hmm. What are your issues with the current approach? The fact that it links to /followed, perhaps?
Yeah, my issue is, it not sending the mail with direct link to the thread, and sending it in this new format of just a general notice to threads being responded to. Your point being The new approach avoids clogging your inbox with e-mails. but in reality, it still happens as i received up to three mails in the new format.

My point is, instead of sending mails with the same info repeatedly, why not use the old pattern. Then I will be able to know if its a thread i even want to reply or not.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 29, 2012
blink182: Yeah, my issue is, it not sending the mail with direct link to the thread, and sending it in this new format of just a general notice to threads being responded to. Your point being The new approach avoids clogging your inbox with e-mails. but in reality, it still happens as i received up to three mails in the new format.

My point is, instead of sending mails with the same info repeatedly, why not use the old pattern. Then I will be able to know if its a thread i even want to reply or not.

GOD BLESS U
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2012
tumababa:

GOD BLESS U
Yeah God will bless me and I know how important the part you bolded is to you and every other business person here.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2012
blink182: Yeah God will bless me and I know how important the part you bolded is to you and every other business person here.
u are 100% on point grin
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Seun(m): 4:42pm On Apr 02, 2012
The format was upgraded again. The new format tells you which threads have been updated since your last visit.
Re: What 's Your Take On The New Nairaland? by Tgirl4real(f): 4:58pm On Apr 03, 2012
Seun: The format was upgraded again. The new format tells you which threads have been updated since your last visit.

yea, datz one of the things I like about it. The fact that I can know new and updated posts. Its also neater and friedlier. But its annoying wen quoting and using emoticon cos it keeps duplicating.

Furthermore, why introduce 'like' wen I can't see who likes my p
ost. Then what is special about having friends? Is there sumthn they can do that others that aint my friends can't?

Don't get me wrong o, d site is ok. Just wanna know the purpose of the features.

(1) (2) (Reply)

General Buhari Pic When He Was In Secondary School / See Pics Of Python That Swallowed A Sheep / Has NEPA (PHCN) Ever Made You Mad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.