Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? (3795 Views)

Husband Tattoos Wifey On His Cheek (photos) / Why Do Daddy And Mummy Favourites Hardly Succeed First? / Sugar Daddy And Mummy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 11:07am On Oct 01, 2012
hakuna matata:

morals, ethics & dress sense are among the many responsibilities parents owe their children and ALL parents do it well either by:
1. direct tutelage handing it down themselves or
2. condoning and looking the other way while 'society' does the teaching.
the probs with our digital civilization is that parents look the other way while cable Tv & internet does the mentoring.
either way, without ruling out d possibility of deviation, there is a greater probability that children wld pick more behavioural traits & patterns from either or both parents if conditioned. call me old fashioned if u like. ur dreads & tattoe didnt come from the dream na? ....exactly my point!
for all i dont know, ur child may end up being a tattoed & dreadlocked gentleman @ d bar. i'm not cynical about what he wld be but how i wld rather address him based on his appearance.

And if that is what my child wishes to do, so be it. As long as my kid is happy, I`m not the one to tell her anything.

My tattoo-love came from my mothers one and only tat that she got in the military in Libanon when she was young. She ended up with to discrete more in the next ten years, while I on the other hand, have chest, back, legs, arms, and small on my face even. People see beauty, and being decent, different.

My mother raised me to be me, to be proud of me, and to follow MY wishes and dreams, not others. Even though it is at sometimes hard for her to accept the way I look and dress ( she dont like my colourful dresses, my headwraps, my hair, or my many tats. ), she fully knows that I am a grown woman, I work, I am a good mother, and I am a good person. And that, my friend, is more important than apperance.

Oh, and my biggest facinasion for tattoos came from internet, looking at different ethnic-tattoos in Africa..
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by hakunamatata1: 11:17am On Oct 01, 2012
debrief08: Why are we so judgemental? Always quick to condemn people who are different from "our norm"?
For all I know Junior may turn out to be smarter and even greater than my Son, I have no right to judge or even predict Jnr future.
A lot of us may not sag or tatoo but we beat, hate, keep mailice, cheat and infect our spouse with STDs yet we will come and pass Judgement on how people adults choose to express themselves.
Does Jnrs fathers sagged pants harm me or my family? Does his mothers Tatoo cause harm to their family life?
So religious yet so unGodly and unGodlike
Didn't somebody say "how u choose to dress wld determine how u r adressed?" if u dress as a ruffian its only normal that pple look at in with that eye. u cant be clad in a lion's fur and want to be treated as a lamb. by the way we were only SPECULATING what junior MIGHT turn out to be(ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL) as a natural corollary from his parents. not what junior must be!

1 Like

Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 11:34am On Oct 01, 2012
hakuna matata:
Didn't somebody say "how u choose to dress wld determine how u r adressed?" if u dress as a ruffian its only normal that pple look at in with that eye. u cant be clad in a lion's fur and want to be treated as a lamb. by the way we were only SPECULATING what junior MIGHT turn out to be(ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL) as a natural corollary from his parents. not what junior must be!

That just means you are judgemental.
And no, I am not talking about women walking around dressed as strippers, to put in on the edge.

But people judge me all the time, just because I dress different than the normal norm in my town, my hair, my tats. I have had that my whole life, I am used to it. Still, it shows ignorance.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by hakunamatata1: 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2012
JallowBah:

That just means you are judgemental.
And no, I am not talking about women walking around dressed as strippers, to put in on the edge.

But people judge me all the time, just because I dress different than the normal norm in my town, my hair, my tats. I have had that my whole life, I am used to it. Still, it shows ignorance.
@JB, we all make inferences from what we see all the time. its not being judgemental. its what registers in a man's subconscious even if its fallacious. & it may be subject to change based on further convictions tho'. till then, 1st appearance may appear to last longest. we all hav our wierd side which we keep in check. im not a natural hater to eccentricities just cautious. may like ur tattoe tho if its inscribed in m winky name. wink
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by SisiKill1: 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2012
Boy. . .considering how many fcccked up children we have in Nigeria today, many many many maaaaaaaany Nigerian parents musta been wretched tattoo having, pants sagging, bling bling flashing people in their youth.

And they say it's only Americans who dress crazy. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by hakunamatata1: 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2012
undecided[quote author=Sisi_Kill]Boy. . .considering how many fcccked up children we have in Nigeria today, many many many maaaaaaaany Nigerian parents musta been wretched tattoo having, pants sagging, bling bling flashing people in their youth.

And they say it's only Americans who dress crazy. lipsrsealed

tell them jare!
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by hakunamatata1: 4:36pm On Oct 01, 2012
JallowBah:

And if that is what my child wishes to do, so be it. As long as my kid is happy, I`m not the one to tell her anything.

My tattoo-love came from my mothers one and only tat that she got in the military in Libanon when she was young. She ended up with to discrete more in the next ten years, while I on the other hand, have chest, back, legs, arms, and small on my face even. People see beauty, and being decent, different.

My mother raised me to be me, to be proud of me, and to follow MY wishes and dreams, not others. Even though it is at sometimes hard for her to accept the way I look and dress ( she dont like my colourful dresses, my headwraps, my hair, or my many tats. ), she fully knows that I am a grown woman, I work, I am a good mother, and I am a good person. And that, my friend, is more important than apperance.

Oh, and my biggest facinasion for tattoos came from internet, looking at different ethnic-tattoos in Africa..
my dear & u desired to hav them as body art souveniors? girl u give me the Hibble-de-jibbies! wld like to see them may i?
but truly, such looks wld only attract ruffians & rasta looking guys into ur world . u dont hav a prob with dat? i really want to know the kinda guys u get their attention. pls.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2012
hakuna matata:
my dear & u desired to hav them as body art souveniors? girl u give me the Hibble-de-jibbies! wld like to see them may i?
but truly, such looks wld only attract ruffians & rasta looking guys into ur world . u dont hav a prob with dat? i really want to know the kinda guys u get their attention. pls.

I get attention from rastas, men in suits, men with no jobs, and men who work in the goverment.
I got a nice attitude about me that they get attracted to, guess they are able to not only see my tats and locks.

As for my husband, he like the tats because I see them as beauty, and he grew up as a half-nomade fulani, with women tattooing their chests and faces as beauty.
And yes, he is a dreadhead as wellwink

And nah, I aint flaunting them here.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by hakunamatata1: 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2012
JallowBah:

I get attention from rastas, men in suits, men with no jobs, and men who work in the goverment.
I got a nice attitude about me that they get attracted to, guess they are able to not only see my tats and locks.

As for my husband, he like the tats because I see them as beauty, and he grew up as a half-nomade fulani, with women tattooing their chests and faces as beauty.

dont bother. i've seen them already!
dread, dread, dread, natty dread!.!
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by hakunamatata1: 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2012
JallowBah:

Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 12:09am On Oct 02, 2012
hakuna matata:

dont bother. i've seen them already!
dread, dread, dread, natty dread!.!

Lol.

Good for yousmiley
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Mynd44: 4:27am On Oct 02, 2012
The day we start facing our business, the better
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by hakunamatata1: 7:32am On Oct 02, 2012
Mynd_44: The day we start facing our business, the better

things that cross our sights in public may be our businesses too! ....u know wink
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Dipwater(m): 7:57pm On Oct 03, 2012
@hakunamatata
Wat is wrong with having a dred with a tatooed skin ?

I have dred and tatoos so wat the f/uck

Grew up in a conservative home ,both parents staunch xtains,but I turned out different

Yes I agree with u, in. Naija u are adreesed by the way u dress,as long as I am comfortable in my skin I don't give a swimming f/uck. About what people say,think about me ,u shuldnt be judgemental but accept people the way they are and u don't expect evribody to think alike thanks

1 Like

Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Mynd44: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2012
hakuna matata:

things that cross our sights in public may be our businesses too! ....u know wink
Learn to close your eyes more
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Ivynwa(f): 1:00am On Oct 04, 2012
@Hakuna Matata

If Daddy sags and Mummy tats, Junior will be happy.
He has hippie parents that will be living cool,with plenty sweet hip music around the house and hippie stuffs.
I mean such parents won't be taking life too seriously, will be down to earth and fun to be with.
Yeah right! Hahaha! grin grin

Why do such scenario remind me of Charly boy, dude is busy enjoying and sparkling up his life even as a grandfather. I bet there won't be any dull day in the family life of such a person that is chilling and enjoying the fun things of life.

1 Like

Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 9:15am On Oct 04, 2012
Mynd_44:
Learn to close your eyes more

cheesy
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 9:18am On Oct 04, 2012
Ivynwa: @Hakuna Matata

If Daddy sags and Mummy tats, Junior will be happy.
He has hippie parents that will be living cool,with plenty sweet hip music around the house and hippie stuffs.
I mean such parents won't be taking life too seriously, will be down to earth and fun to be with.
Yeah right! Hahaha! grin grin

Why do such scenario remind me of Charly boy, dude is busy enjoying and sparkling up his life even as a grandfather. I bet there won't be any dull day in the family life of such a person that is chilling and enjoying the fun things of life.

Wait..what? So because me and my husband got dreadlocks, I am tatted, he wears saggy pants at times, my kid is gonna end up like Charly?? Lol, you crack me up.

My child will learn that whatever she wishes to be, she can be, and that she has to work for it.
She will learn that she should not judge people on what they wear or how they look, but on what kind of person they are, like MY mother, who is "decent and normal" teached ME before. My moral is not bad, just because I look the way I do, hon.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Ivynwa(f): 4:30pm On Oct 04, 2012
JallowBah:

Wait..what? So because me and my husband got dreadlocks, I am tatted, he wears saggy pants at times, my kid is gonna end up like Charly?? Lol, you crack me up.

My child will learn that whatever she wishes to be, she can be, and that she has to work for it.
She will learn that she should not judge people on what they wear or how they look, but on what kind of person they are, like MY mother, who is "decent and normal" teached ME before. My moral is not bad, just because I look the way I do, hon.

Jallow Babes you misunderstood me there. If you read my post again, you may understand it better. I never said that such a child will turn out as Charly boy. I only said that it may be all hippie and happy in the home of somebody like Charly boy. Hope you are doing great girl. Wish I can see your tattoos, I like to admire good looking tattoos.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2012
Charly Boy with his piercings and tattoos and his equally non conventional wife have been married for over 30 years and still seem happy and comfortable with each other. Meanwhile "prim and proper" couples those who are still married a lot of them hardly share a bedroom just married for social purposes, a lot of others are are separated or divorced.
Jesus spoke so much about the pharisees who loved outward appearances yet miserable and wicked on the inside.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Ivynwa(f): 5:05pm On Oct 04, 2012
debrief08: Charly Boy with his piercings and tattoos and his equally non conventional wife have been married for over 30 years and still seem happy and comfortable with each other. Meanwhile "prim and proper" couples those who are still married a lot of them hardly share a bedroom just married for social purposes, a lot of others are are separated or divorced.
Jesus spoke so much about the pharisees who loved outward appearances yet miserable and wicked on the inside.

Yeah, you understand what I am talking about.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ivynwa:

Jallow Babes you misunderstood me there. If you read my post again, you may understand it better. I never said that such a child will turn out as Charly boy. I only said that it may be all hippie and happy in the home of somebody like Charly boy. Hope you are doing great girl. Wish I can see your tattoos, I like to admire good looking tattoos.

Wops..sorry, my bad.
Then we are actually on the same page.

I am doing fine, hope you are as well. I have both well done tats, and not so well done tats..hehe..it is possible to see them, but not here on NLsmiley
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Ivynwa(f): 5:31pm On Oct 04, 2012
JallowBah:

Wops..sorry, my bad.
Then we are actually on the same page.

I am doing fine, hope you are as well. I have both well done tats, and not so well done tats..hehe..it is possible to see them, but not here on NLsmiley

Cool Babes,
I'm liberal minded to some extent and doesn't see anything wrong with people spicing up their life the way they want as long as nobody isn't getting hurt while they are it for example I will always be like "people should let Charly boy do his thing as long as he isn't hurting anybody and isn't dabbling with h-omosexuality"(I happen not to support that one)--
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ivynwa:

Cool Babes,
I'm liberal minded to some extent and doesn't see anything wrong with people spicing up their life the way they want as long as nobody isn't getting hurt while they are it for example I will always be like "people should let Charly boy do his thing as long as he isn't hurting anybody and isn't dabbling with h-omosexuality"(I happen not to support that one)--

I dont agree with you on homosexuality, but that is a different discussion.
And, you got one of my favourite dance-tunes in your profile, so no worries. Woop!
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Ivynwa(f): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2012
JallowBah:

I dont agree with you on homosexuality, but that is a different discussion.
And, you got one of my favourite dance-tunes in your profile, so no worries. Woop!

Do you mean the Koshen?
Girl, Bubble gyal a bubble grin grin
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2012
Ivynwa:

Do you mean the Koshen?
Girl, Bubble gyal a bubble grin grin

Always!

And, you could always make it bounce like a ball, spin like a wheel, in your flip-flops on in your six-inch-heels.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Ivynwa(f): 3:52am On Oct 05, 2012
JallowBah:

Always!

And, you could always make it bounce like a ball, spin like a wheel, in your flip-flops on in your six-inch-heels.

Woooooyiiiii
Make the ground move
That's an a*s quake!
-Kanye West

Lol lol lol
Girl ain't we funny, tripping like dem fellas when they watch & ogle dem gyals as they dip it and a drop it. grin grin
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 3:57pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ivynwa:

Woooooyiiiii
Make the ground move
That's an a*s quake!
-Kanye West

Lol lol lol
Girl ain't we funny, tripping like dem fellas when they watch & ogle dem gyals as they dip it and a drop it. grin grin

Haha, I knooow! It fascinates me, though. Have you seen this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1LiVrKufk8

Now that..is an a*s-quake!
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Ivynwa(f): 6:31pm On Oct 05, 2012
JallowBah:

Haha, I knooow! It fascinates me, though. Have you seen this one:

Now that..is an a*s-quake!

grin grin grin grin grin
What is that?
Fans myself with tips of my fingers while shaking my head
No that wasn't only an a*s quake.
That was a bassline a*s with a voice making beats of its own. Hahahahaaaa! grin
Girl, pls let's hush and quit talking like bad a*s babes biko.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 7:34pm On Oct 05, 2012
Ivynwa:

grin grin grin grin grin
What is that?
Fans myself with tips of my fingers while shaking my head
No that wasn't only an a*s quake.
That was a bassline a*s with a voice making beats of its own. Hahahahaaaa! grin
Girl, pls let's hush and quit talking like bad a*s babes biko.

Offtopic. Offtopic. Offtopic.

Sorry..the kids will probably end up more serious than me, I am surewink
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by Ivynwa(f): 6:44am On Oct 06, 2012
JallowBah:

Offtopic. Offtopic. Offtopic.

Sorry..the kids will probably end up more serious than me, I am surewink

grin grin

More Serious?
I am of the opinion that kids reared by "hippie-having-fun-and-not-taking-the-world-too-seriously" parents will have a cooler outlook to life.
Re: When Daddy Sags And Mummy Tattoos; What Would Junior Do? by JallowBah(f): 8:44am On Oct 06, 2012
Ivynwa:

grin grin

More Serious?
I am of the opinion that kids reared by "hippie-having-fun-and-not-taking-the-world-too-seriously" parents will have a cooler outlook to life.

I do believe the same. Kids growing up with open parents wont be too judgemental, and I also believe they will have the quality to really follow their wishes, instead of doing what society expect them to do.
My husband, the natty-dread who sags, hopes his kids will go to be of importance in life, to make changes for others in a big or a small way. I just hope they end up happy with themself, and life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Family Should Have This In Thier Homes!!! / How To Understand The Male Ego (a Must Read) / My Fiancee Gave Birth Before Our Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.