Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,096 members, 7,828,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? (5539 Views)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Ten (10) Reasons To Tithe / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by cgift(m): 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2012
We are not under the law but under grace. Tithing was a requirement of the law and ends with the law. If I am under grace, i am not obliged to pay tithes. I am however aware that seed time and harvest time exists continually, so i go to church with "offerings". The offerings is however not modelled after what obtains in the time of the law and its requirements.

Christians, you can give tithe (if you want) but it is never a requirement under grace in Christ. Read the epistles of Paul very well. So, anyone who gives tithes today should know very well that it is only a requirement of love (which comes as a result of the grace Christ himself brought to us which demonstrated His love towards us)and not of the law. Do not be yoked in your believing. The tithes they preach today in referencing Malachi 3 was under the law. The law came through Moses, but Grace and Truth came through Jesus! So, its okay to give tithes but when you think you are satisfying an injunction to give tithes according to Malachi, you are still under the law of Moses and yet to come to appreciate the knowledge of Grace and Truth which Christ represents.

So, there are no curses for not paying tithes if we are under grace. Anybody who takes us back to the law in preaching what the law of Moses required is an Antichrist and abides in error and false teachings. He should however note that if he then breaks any of the other laws (since he has chosen to remain in the law), he has broken all (and his keeping of one or some of the laws of Moses is being nullified by breaking another law). So, why go back to the law that was difficult to keep in the first place for which purpose Christ came and took away the law (which was the middle wall of separation) and replaced it with grace. Anybody who keeps quoting the old testament and saying that curses abound for anyone who does not pay tithe is an Antichrist and abides in error.

Tithing under this era of Grace is therefore of Love and never of the Law. Read Pauls teachings again and you will see what I am saying. Paul never preached tithe (cos it was no longer relevant), Christ also came to replace the law with something greater : Love through His Grace and Truth personified.

Gracias !

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 6:51am On May 09, 2012
I have gone through the laws given to Moses on Mt Sinai and tithing was not part of the law!

So how can we always refer to tithing as a law? And that since Jesus fulfilled the law

it includes tithing?

My revelation is that Tithing is an eternal principle in God's kingdom. It was not a law and so it was not nullified.

Thanks.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 6:54am On May 09, 2012
Please kindly show me the chapter where tithing was part of the law given to Moses. waiting for your response

cgift: We are not under the law but under grace. Tithing was a requirement of the law and ends with the law. If I am under grace, i am not obliged to pay tithes. I am however aware that seed time and harvest time exists continually, so i go to church with "offerings". The offerings is however not modelled after what obtains in the time of the law and its requirements.

Christians, you can give tithe (if you want) but it is never a requirement under grace in Christ. Read the epistles of Paul very well. So, anyone who gives tithes today should know very well that it is only a requirement of love (which comes as a result of the grace Christ himself brought to us which demonstrated His love towards us)and not of the law. Do not be yoked in your believing. The tithes they preach today in referencing Malachi 3 was under the law. The law came through Moses, but Grace and Truth came through Jesus! So, its okay to give tithes but when you think you are satisfying an injunction to give tithes according to Malachi, you are still under the law of Moses and yet to come to appreciate the knowledge of Grace and Truth which Christ represents.

So, there are no curses for not paying tithes if we are under grace. Anybody who takes us back to the law in preaching what the law of Moses required is an Antichrist and abides in error and false teachings. He should however note that if he then breaks any of the other laws (since he has chosen to remain in the law), he has broken all (and his keeping of one or some of the laws of Moses is being nullified by breaking another law). So, why go back to the law that was difficult to keep in the first place for which purpose Christ came and took away the law (which was the middle wall of separation) and replaced it with grace. Anybody who keeps quoting the old testament and saying that curses abound for anyone who does not pay tithe is an Antichrist and abides in error.

Tithing under this era of Grace is therefore of Love and never of the Law. Read Pauls teachings again and you will see what I am saying. Paul never preached tithe (cos it was no longer relevant), Christ also came to replace the law with something greater : Love through His Grace and Truth personified.

Gracias !
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 8:32am On May 09, 2012
East: Please kindly show me the chapter where tithing was part of the law given to Moses. waiting for your response

The book of Leviticus is also known as the book of laws. It contains all the Mosaic laws. I think you are mixing up the laws with the ten commandments and that accounts for your mis understanding. The original instruction to tithe given to the Israelites is found in the book of leviticus amongst several other laws. This original insruction is found in Leviticus 27:30-32. Also the book of deuteronomy contains a lot of the Mosaic laws where they were explained in further detail. Deuteronomy 12:6-21, Deuteronomy 14:22-29, deuteronomy 26:12-14. If you read these scriptures you would see they are direct commandments from God concerning his tithes were God's tithe and practise of it is clearly defined contrary to the false man made version being preached today.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 6:55am On May 10, 2012
Thanks for the verses

Pastor Kun:

The book of Leviticus is also known as the book of laws. It contains all the Mosaic laws. I think you are mixing up the laws with the ten commandments and that accounts for your mis understanding. The original instruction to tithe given to the Israelites is found in the book of leviticus amongst several other laws. This original insruction is found in Leviticus 27:30-32. Also the book of deuteronomy contains a lot of the Mosaic laws where they were explained in further detail. Deuteronomy 12:6-21, Deuteronomy 14:22-29, deuteronomy 26:12-14. If you read these scriptures you would see they are direct commandments from God concerning his tithes were God's tithe and practise of it is clearly defined contrary to the false man made version being preached today.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 14, 2012
Heb 7:1- End

Abraham paid a tenth to Melkizedek Heb 7:4

Now the LAW requires that decendents of Levi who are priest should collect a tenth from the tribes of Israel.

In the case of Abraham, his act of paying tithes to Melkizedek was not a LAW. The act of paying tithes to the Levis was a law.

Abraham gave his tithes to the one who lives for ever, but in the case of Levi which was a LAW, the tithes are collected by men who died.

The Bible says that Levi paid tithes to Melkizedek when he was still in the body of his ancestor (Abraham).

If Abraham paid a tenth to Melkizedek and Levi also paid a tenth to Melkizedek, then we have to pay our own tenth to Melkizedek also, The one who is declared to be living.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 12:27pm On May 14, 2012
Well, are you really sure you understand that Heb 7?

Do you understand what the writer of Hebrews was doing and teaching in those verses?

Do you understand what the writer buried in those verses?

I don't mind sharing with you verse by verse. If you come to the logical conclusion that Levi paid tithe "IN" Abraham to the one who lives (Melchizedek), What happens to verse 12 when the priesthood of levi tithe "PAID TITHE IN ABRAHAM" changed? What happens to the annulment in verse 18? If you are saying because Levi PIAD tithe IN Abraham to Melchizedek, (which Levi did NOT literally or physically paid tithe to Melchizedek), then it will mean that when Levi tithing was changed and disannulled, then Abraham tithe is ALSO changed and disannulled. And Changed means removal according to the same writer of Hebrews
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 14, 2012
I will not mind if you share with me verse by verse bros, we are teaching one another here

Goshen360: Well, are you really sure you understand that Heb 7?

Do you understand what the writer of Hebrews was doing and teaching in those verses?

Do you understand what the writer buried in those verses?

I don't mind sharing with you verse by verse. If you come to the logical conclusion that Levi paid tithe "IN" Abraham to the one who lives (Melchizedek), What happens to verse 12 when the priesthood of levi tithe "PAID TITHE IN ABRAHAM" changed? What happens to the annulment in verse 18? If you are saying because Levi PIAD tithe IN Abraham to Melchizedek, (which Levi did NOT literally or physically paid tithe to Melchizedek), then it will mean that when Levi tithing was changed and disannulled, then Abraham tithe is ALSO changed and disannulled. And Changed means removal according to the same writer of Hebrews
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 9:53pm On May 14, 2012
^
I did an exposition on Heb 7 on this thread. Read and then we can look at it again: It's on page eleven, https://www.nairaland.com/913987/uncomfortable-questions-tithe-preachers/11
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 7:18am On May 15, 2012
Thanks i read thro

Goshen360: ^
I did an exposition on Heb 7 on this thread. Read and then we can look at it again: It's on page eleven, https://www.nairaland.com/913987/uncomfortable-questions-tithe-preachers/11
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 1:49pm On May 15, 2012
^
Do you still have question sir? Do you understand now? How do you understand it now? Let's chat the course.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Nobody: 7:19am On May 28, 2012
@Goshen,well i donnot have a question but i have a very briet teaching below;

Tithe to a church. Give generously and freely to orphanage etc.

For those who want to discourage you from tithing, do not worry i found myself in the same soup but God delivered me.

As a brother already directed you to Hebrews chapter 7, please read as he advice.

While reading also check what happened before the law that anti-tithers hold their justifications to;

Before the Law:

- Abraham, the first great patriarch , gave tithes centuries before the Law of Moses (Genesis 14).
- Poor Jacob, the father of the Twelve tribes of Isreal gave his tithes also before the law of Moses (Genesis 28:22)

During the Law:

The Children of Isreal where commanded to tithe

- Leviticus, Numbers etc

Jesus also uphold the principle of tithing during His ministry but i want you to see what Apostle Paul had to say about it:

Read 1Corinthians chapter 9 where Paul teaches on the financial support of the church, now see what he says in verse 8 "'Does not the Law say the same things""
(He is referring to the law of Moses and how the priest lived on tithes and offerings).

From the tithe History you can see that tithing was voluntary on the part of Abraham for example and his tithe was approved by him ""öf whom it is witness that he liveth""

I am out of the anti tithing came and i have found peace. God revealed it to me. I pray he reveals it to anyone who sincerely seeks to know the truth about Tithing
We should not be decieved
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 3:28pm On May 28, 2012
^^^
Yet you are trying to deceive believers to fall for the unbiblical tithing scam you guys promote.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by Goshen360(m): 3:51pm On May 28, 2012
@ East,

I will answer ALL your comments and post accordingly. What you said here and other threads. Maybe tomorrow. Okay.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by dukecharles(m): 10:18am On Mar 06, 2016
Tithing as it were is not a new convant practice, any pastor who collects tithe is a con artist. Pastors are supposed to be priests not by levitical priesthood which collects tithe , but by christ priesthood who doesn't need tithe.
It isn't recorded in the Bible that anyone paid tithe to christ or his disciples, so why should our present pastors ask people to pay tithe?
Jesus mentioned tithing 3 places in the new testament cf. Mat 23 vs 23' Luke 11vs 42 and Luke 18 vs 12. He condemned the tithe. To think that christ supports tithing is to think he supportes sabbath as it were.
Christ supports a sincere offering cf Mark 12 vs 41 (widows might) not giving 10% because of a set law.
The Bible called the practice of tithe old and weak law which is not perfect and has been set aside cf Hebrew 7 vs 7..18, 25. Beloved be wise and love God.
Please don't take my word for it, pray and ask for the Holy Spirit who is the source of all supernatural enlightenment, and meditate on the above scriptural verses for God's illumination on the matter . Enjoy your Sunday.
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by ScienceWatch: 10:52am On Aug 25, 2017
PastorKun:

It's quite instructive that despite all the scriptures you posted to obfuscate the question asked you could note post one single scripture to corroborate your vacant claims that pastors today are mandated to collect tithes on christ's behalf other than your baseless claims that some self annointed preachers are oracles unto themselves. I make bold to tell you that I am annointed of God and I have the holy spirit within me who tells me in very clear terms that tithing is not required of christians.
Well said PastorKun ! I see evidence of what you say in the SCOAN church. Their pastor never collect tithes. It is as you say, "in very clear terms that tithing is not required of Christians."

Tithing is a thing of the heart, freely given !
The law came through Moses, but Grace and Truth came through Jesus! So, its good to give tithes. Dont think when you give you are satisfying scripture to give tithes according to Malachi, if you do you are still under the law of Moses and yet to come to appreciate the knowledge of Grace and Truth which Christ represents.

May God continue to bless your life !
Re: Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? by obisco4u: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2017
Tithing is a matter of personal choice and freewill. Wheather you pay your tithe or not makes no significant difference.
If God claims to allow humans to make choices based on free will then, no one should be bound by LAW to remit 10% of one's income to anybody or organisation for any reason whatsoever.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Say '*God Is Good...all The Time' In Different Languages / Tonye-t, How Did Jesus Restore What Was Lost By Adam ? / Jesus Christ Is Not God Almighty ! Proofs From Bible !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.