Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights (4752 Views)

Am Not In Support Of The Bill That Criminalize Social Media -senator Adeola / Senator Adeola - I Can't Support A Bill That Seeks To Criminalize Use Of Social / Picture Of President Obasanjo Kissing A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by sage(m): 2:52am On Apr 16, 2006
@Akolawole

There would alwayz be gay people. Though i find gay people weird Itz an anormale that is here to stay 4 real and nigerians had better get real.

Nigerians make me laugh by thinking they are more righteous than every other person. Western madness ke?

The west simply has matured more than Nigeria. They used to burn and kill gay people hundreds of yearz ago but time have shown them that itz an abnormal stuff that is here to stay and they left it alone.

Nigerians more righteous than everyother person? please
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by OyiboQueen(f): 4:04am On Apr 16, 2006
, holding up skirts, wading into the fray,

This is a subject that needs to be talked about, so kudos for starting this line!

First off, I'm an American citizen who cries for my country's descent into moral apathy! Please know, America was not always as it is now! When I was in school, if you dared to say you were living with your boyfriend but not married, big wahala ooooooooooooo! LOL And to be openly gay? Never even knew what that meant when I was a kid, I'm not EVEN joking! All of these issues started going out of control in the 60's, with the hippie movement, "love, sex, and rock and roll", etc. Now look at where my beloved country is less than 40 years later!

So it is not entirely off base for Naijas to fear going down the same road we have travelled, and indeed, I hope and pray to God that you DO NOT!

However, having said that, I do agree that it is IMPOSSIBLE to legislate morality! Sweeping an issue under the rug, or pretending that it doesn't exist, never made it go away. But that also is not to say that the mere existence of an issue is tantamount to approving of it!

Jesus did indeed say "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". And yes, God loves gays and lesbians just as He loves ALL sinners. But please do not mix the message here by equating love for sinners with approval of SIN!

God also said that He has written his law on our hearts, so that even those who are outside of relationship with Him know that there is WRONG and there is RIGHT! Don't be fooled by the secular humanistic viewpoint that says it's all relative! Bet you won't think it's relative when someone says that "for me, it's OK to steal all of the possessions you have worked and sweated to acquire". We all know that stealing IS NOT RIGHT!!!!

Just so, same sex relations are NOT OK! You see, just because you have a tendency toward a given behavior does not mean that behavior is right! Would you like to know some statistics that the "Gay and Lesbian" movements would NEVER reveal to you? Try this on for size!

* homosexuals account for between 25 to 40 percent of all child molestation in the USA.
* since homosexuals account for only 2% of the population, this means that a child molester is ten to twenty times more likely to be homosexual than heterosexual.
* the rate of homosexual attraction is six to twenty times higher among pedophiles.
* homosexual males are three times more likely than straight men to engage in pedophelia.
* homosexuals account for 80% of America's most serious sexually transmitted diseases.
* youths engaging in homosexual behavior are 23 times more likely to contract a sexually transmitted disease than strictly heterosexual youths.
* among lesbians studied, there was found a "relatively high prevalence of the viral STD's, herpes simplex and human papillomavirus." Another study also found bacterial vaginosis occurring in 33% of lesbians but only 13% of heterosexual women.
* gay men, according to a study reported in the Archives of Internal Medicine, contracted syphilis at three to four times the rate of heterosexuals.
* researchers at St. Paul's Hospital in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, published a report in[i] The International Journal of Epidemiology[/i] that concluded, "In a major Canadian centre, life expectancy at age 20 years for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for all men. If the same pattern of mortality were to continue, we estimate that nearly half of gay and bisexual men currently 20 years of age will not reach their 65th birthday."
* In 1991 and 1992, the Family Research Institute surveyed 5,371 obituaries from sixteen American homosexual newspapers. It was found that, across the United States, the median age of death for a homosexual male not having AIDS was only forty-two years, with a mere 9% living to old age. Of 106 lesbians surveyed, the median lifespan was only forty-five years, with 26% living to old age. Whan compared to a large sample of obituaries from regular newspapers, these lifespans were extremely brief!

READ THE STATISTICS CAREFULLY!!!!!! Homosexuality and lesbianism are not just harmless choices that people should be free to make! At the very least, people need to know the truth of what it is that they are considering. This is not another "lifestyle". It would more accurately be termed a DEATHSTYLE.

And once started on the road of homosexuality, ALL of our young males are more at risk! If you think I'm joking, then consider the organization known as NAMBLA. What does this stand for? North American Man Boy Love Association. Please believe me when I tell you, gay marriage is only the first car in the train of "rights" that gay men want! They are even now openly lobbying for the right to have relationships with adolescent boys!

Look at the statistics again, and ask yourself if you can truly say that the human body was made to couple man to man, and woman to woman. Ask yourself again if it would be OK for you if your own son died 30 years minimum before his straight friends because of a "choice" he made. You may as well start him on cigarettes when he's 9 or so, or maybe wait 'til he's 20 and then introduce him to crack cocaine, after all, it's HIS CHOICE!!!!

Criminalize homosexual behavior? Perhaps there would be no need for this discussion if we could get them to shout to the whole world the truth about the consequences of their lifestyle. Shame on the Gay and Lesbian community for objecting to laws that are at least attempting to protect the innocent, and berating us as intolerant and bigoted, while hiding the stench of death at the heart of their movement from the world!

Mark me as one Christian American solidly AGAINST homosexuality! Love the sinner, hate the sin!
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2006
What can i say again?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MA
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by kimba(m): 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2006
@OyinboQueen

We need more of such of your educative materials!!!
If such as you have described is the level of decadence because of this "gay" of a thing, multiply that by 10 if such a lifestyle takes a firm root in Nigeria.

Good Job
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Shannon(f): 3:04pm On Apr 16, 2006
As long as we are sharing statistics here are some more for you to look over.

* According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control) here in the US in 2004 the number of new AIDS cases attributed to homosexual behavior was 17,691. The number attributed to heterosexual behavior was 13,128. Those are awfully close numbers for that to be attributed all to homosexual behavior.

* Again according to the CDC, the majority of new AIDS cases in 2004 were in the age brackets of 35-44. This would make that study about lifespan in terms of this disease moot. The number of new medications available allows many people to live for another 20-30 years after contracting the HIV virus. Perhaps if education were more prevalent and condemnation less, there would be lower numbers in general.

*The CDC also cites statistics for Chlamydia infection rates in 2004. African American females have a disproportionate percentage of new infections, their rate is actually 7.5 times that of caucasian females. What does this say about African American females? (Let me be clear that I'm not saying anything about African American females, I'm only citing their statistics)

*African Americans were also 19 times more likely than caucasians to have contracted Gonorrhea in 2004 while Pacific Islanders had the lowest percentage of new infection.

I would gladly provide more statistics, but that shall have to wait as it is time for me to go to church. Are you shocked Akolawole? Yes, me, the homosexual supporter goes to church.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2006
@Shanon

I just don't understand this.

You are pro-Homosexual.

You goes to church

Are you providing Statistics to support OyinboQueen or not?

By the way, please answer my earlier question on your roots?
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by nubian(m): 9:32pm On Apr 16, 2006
Akolawole:

@Shanon

I just don't understand this.

You are pro-Homosexual.

You goes to church

Are you providing Statistics to support OyinboQueen or not?

By the way, please answer my earlier question on your roots?

@akolawole,

I think the botom line of SHANNONS arguments has been "its wrong to criminalize homosexuality". once this is allowed it more draconian rules that infringe on peoples liberty will be enacted.OBASANJO MAY NEXT DECIDE THAT HE DOESNT LIKE RASTA HAIR SYLES - and so make it a an offence for which u can be jailed - the moslems can then also argue that they want dress modes they find offensive to be punishable with life sentences, thus it will become an offence punishable with a life sentence to for a lady to wear trousers in Nigeria

we cannot allow peoples idiocyncrisies to determine who goes to jail and who stays out of jail - i detest homosexuality, but i realise we all have our sexual perversions as humans - can u blive that as much as i detest homosexuality between men.i enjoy watching two women do thier thing, ??.i love to watch lesbians, now maybe ill have to go to jail for that and u akolawole will be my warden while i serve my jail term
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 10:10pm On Apr 16, 2006
nubian:

i enjoy watching two women do their thing, ??.i love to watch lesbians,

I think you need proper examination as well.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by nubian(m): 10:17pm On Apr 16, 2006
Akolawole:

I think you need proper examination as well.

@AKOLAWOLE

I think you think and feel that anybody who doesnt see things your way needs an examination
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by icebitch(f): 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2006
Homosexuality is not morally right. I cannot think of any religion that does notfrown at it. Christianity, Islam, Bhudism and even the African traditional religion frowns at it. It is also a ground for divorce in the Marriage Causes Acts. Civil partnership should not be allowed i really do noy agree with the 5 Yr jail sntence but it should be made an offence punishanle by law. i cant think of any punishment for now though. we should not forget that our laws are influenced by religion whether or not we like or accept that fact. Yes we talk about freedom to do what ever we want to do but there has to be checks and balances. that means that we all can do as we please all in the name of freedom, NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the bible and the quran only permit marriage between a man and a woman. Very soon beastiality will be made legalised.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by kimba(m): 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2006
@ice-bitch
Very soon beastiality will be made legalised.

dont worry, the last person that raped a donkey in Kano was punished, grin grin
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by ababoy1(m): 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2006
Seun/Nwoke or whatever you go by,

You have brought out the worst and best in kola,

Guys, cool, mellow. Its the 21st century,

Live and let others live,
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 1:35am On Apr 18, 2006
ababoy1:

Guys, cool, mellow. Its the 21st century,
Live and let others live,

21st century nonsense.

Next one you will import to Nigeria is phedophile

nubian:

@AKOLAWOLE
I think you think and feel that anybody who doesnt see things your way needs an examination

Sorry Oga, i will never force anybody to believe in my thinking but how could normal human being enjoying watching such things
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by osteen(m): 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2006
As much as i dislike the idea of homosexaulity, i believe we are not in a primary situation to condem them, cos even they see people who are bi-sexual or heterosexual as abnormal.

To face the fact of life even an insane man fells normal and every other person around them are regarded as insane cheesy
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by sage(m): 1:54am On Apr 19, 2006
osteen:

As much as i dislike the idea of homosexaulity, i believe we are not in a primary situation to condem them, because even they see people who are bi-sexual or heterosexual as abnormal.

To face the fact of life even an insane man fells normal and every other person around them are regarded as insane cheesy

cheesy grin grin cheesy
men i am laughing
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by gbadex1(m): 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2006
ok people i gotta say something.

Homosexuality is a choice one makes. forget what some people say that it is inborn, it is not. unfortunately, it's a bad choice to make. not only that, a society that allows rubbish as this go on is heading straight for a total moral breakdown, so to say. we all say it's a free world, and people have their lives to live. sure, people got choices to make in life and all that, but it ain't a free world. everything was designed perfectly by God and everything carries a certain law by which it operates.
implementing a law in which 5 years imprisonment goes to the offender doesn't solve the case. i can give you examples of this. for example, in the 19th (or was it 18th) in England, witches and supposed witches were burnt alive but that didn't solve the case. gays and witches still exist till date and no matter amount of law, gayness will still surface. Gayism is a sin, simple as abc. so does it mean for every sin one commits one must go to jail? if i should lie, does it mean i'd spend like 2 years in prison?

what really should be done is reach out to these homos and make them see the errors of their ways. rehabilitation should be set up for them and stuff like that. like a Nairaland member said: love the sinner, hate the sin.

if it was not so, then perhaps all of us would have been dead because for every sin we commit, God would've sentenced all of us to life imprisonment or hell fire.

think people,
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2006
Thanks Gbade.x
This is incomparable to Sin.

"They" call it their lifestyle.

Do you think they are going to subject themselves to rehabilitation?

My fear is not about homosexuality, its about them getting maried with funfare and other things associated with normal human being
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by icebitch(f): 4:27pm On Apr 20, 2006
Kimba thanks for that information, i thank God that the person was punished. but i would like toy to know that all in the name of freedom to express oneself as one pleases or freedom of sexual preference, beastilality or zoophilia would be legalised. in the countries that it has been made legal, it was an offence punishable by death such as hanging, being burnt to death and the likes even the animals that were sexually abused by the humans were als gotten rid of by burning . but over the years the laws were relaxed and it was made legal. if care is not taking very soon it would be the next thing on the agenda of these mentally disturbed people.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by ono(m): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2006
@Ice-bitch (I honestly would like you to change that terrific name),

That's a wonderful observation from you. This ''freedom'' of everything is driving the whole world crazy. We've got to put a check on this freedom of ours now, before we turn slaves to it.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by icebitch(f): 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2006
ono do you prefer thunder bitch?? ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by gbadex1(m): 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2006
ono:

That's a wonderful observation from you. This ''freedom'' of everything is driving the whole world crazy. We've got to put a check on this freedom of ours now, before we turn slaves to it.

as i once said ono, everything on earth was designed perfectly by God, and everything operates by a certain law. God is a God of order. what man wants really is not freedom, it's anarchy.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 10:06pm On Apr 20, 2006
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Mariory(m): 11:26pm On Apr 20, 2006
You are reading news of the world? Man what the hell? grin

Personally, I wouldn't touch that newspaper with anything. I'd like to keep my IQ at 3 figures.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Larufa(m): 10:19am On Apr 21, 2006
The facts about homosexuality By Ekenwa Nze

IT was appalling to read a letter titled "Obasanjo and Gay rights" in The Guardian of March 2, 2006, purportedly signed by 16 organisations. Twelve of the organisations are foreign. Only four are Nigerian. It is hard, if not impossible, to believe that all those societies, most of which are meant to be procuring the good of the society and individual persons, undersigned that letter and therefore identify with its contents.

What is a human right ? If the logic of the aforementioned letter is to be followed, then there should be no such thing as war against terrorism because the so-called terrorists are freely expressing themselves ; the association of 419 propagators should be allowed to thrive, all under the charter of freedom of expression, association and assembly.

The most alarming part of the letter is the statement that the bill incriminating same-sex relationships et al undermines Nigeria's struggle to combat the spread of HIV/AIDS. That is nothing less than a treacherous lie! The history of the HIV/AIDS pandemic is a clear testimony. Here's a short excerpt :

"In the early months of 1981, five young men were admitted to various hospitals in Los Angeles (LA), suffering from an unusual type of pneumonia caused by a commonly occuring protozoa known as Pneumocystis carinii. Most individuals have been exposed to this microbe and it is part of the normal flora of many people. It is harmless in individuals with a competent immune system, The physician in charge of the first cases in LA was puzzled. These five patients were all young men who had evidence of a widespread immunodeficiency without any apparent reason. They had evidence of other infections, and coincidentally were all homosexual. At about the same time as physicians in LA had reported the cluster of cases of pneumocystosis, physicians in New York City and California notified the CDC (Centre for Disease Control) of the occurrence of a severe form of Kaposi's sarcoma in 26 young men. Kaposi's sarcoma is a vascular neoplasm, uncommon in the United States and in Western Europe, , Of the 26 patients who had reported to the CDC in July of 1981, all had evidence of an immunodeficiency not related to any known cause and several had other serious infections (four having pneumocystosis). All were homosexual. Robert J. Pratt, HIV and AIDS, A Strategy for Nursing Care

Evidently, thanks to aberrant sexual behaviour, the current most deadly incurable disease was introduced into the human race. Admittedly, there can be and there are tendencies that deviate from the norm. In such situations, the acceptable practice since the history of empirical sciences, medicine in particular, has been to study the cases to arrive at reasonable solutions for ameliorating or solving the problem. The inadmissible, however, is to arbitrarily classify the abnormal (deviation from the norm) as normal. Rightly, a human person should always enjoy the love, respect being the first manifestation, that is due to him/her, a consequence of his/her inalienable dignity. When there is an anomaly, whether physical, psychological, sexual, or otherwise, the appropriate stance is not a denial of the anomaly as such but rather a concerted effort at correction and prevention. There is no reason for the homosexual tendency to be an exception.

Very often, this tendency is given free reins in the circumstances that prevail in boarding schools as well as homes where children are left with warped adults without the supervision of parents. Some people claim that homosexual activities are natural. This is unmistakably false. Everything natural has an inherent objective end (goal). A homosexual relationship lacks that characteristic whereas the intrinsic objective end of a heterosexual relationship is universally clear: the generation of new human life or lives.

Homosexual practices are always listed as one of the high risk factors for HIV/AIDS. It is therefore baffling that no mention of it is made in practically all the campaigns against the plague. One of the solutions proffered at that early stage of the scourge was a behavioural change. I think it is high time we focused seriously on this point. So far, the hype about HIV/AIDS has been promoting or observing a deadly silence over trends that facilitate its spread. These include sexual promiscuity through the distribution and propaganda of the use of condoms which have been shown to be ineffective. The media has also been contributory in the same adverse direction through the films, advertisements, forms of entertainment, transmitted, and the prevailing vogue in the sphere of dressing is certainly not a positive factor.

Real sincere interest to avert the menace being enacted by HIV/AIDS requires action by individual persons, groups and government at all levels, and the use of all available licit means to inculcate/disseminate the values that would bring about an effective change in mentality, attitude and conduct in the right direction. Human beings need to be reminded that what differentiates them from animals is the fact that they possess intelligence, will, and freedom ( the potential to direct themselves to the end proper to them), and not let themselves be derailed by a handful of erotomaniacs.

Anybody encouraging an amoral living for individuals and society, a few manifestations of which are homosexual activities, adolescent sex, is an enemy of human dignity and authentic freedom. Nature itself does not leave us in any doubt. The adverse effects of anti-natural acts do not take long in coming. The emergence of HIV/AIDS is one glaring example among many. Let's see where the next onslaught will come from. Maybe the much lauded IVF !

Dr. Nze is a medical practitioner in Lagos.
Source:
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article03
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 11:18am On Apr 21, 2006
@Onanugaola

Just summarise this i beg grin
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by GL(f): 3:47am On Apr 22, 2006
all those of u advocating legalization of homosexuality:

even if we forget our cultural values and agree that we should become a carbon-copy of the West, where are we going to stop?

Everyone has rights but in a community, some rights must be put aside. We legalize homosexuality today, and tommorrow some ppl come up with another one. A man may say, for instance, that he loves his daughter and wants to marry her. Human rights ppl will fight for such ppl and we would also legalize that. Of course, the family structure will be broken down. The next would be pornography. Then sex with kids less than 18.

One big problem we have in the world is that we've taken freedom so far, we don't know where to stop.

No matter what, it is Nigerians that will decide what we want, not US, UK, UN, Transparency International or any human rights group.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by GL(f): 3:58am On Apr 22, 2006
This isn't about OBJ, many of us Nigerians say a big NO to homosexuality. We have a right to say we don't want to give homosexualilty a chance at all in Nigeria. The govt. can conduct opinion polls to see which group has the support of majority of Nigerians.

There's someone who's facing trial in the US and it has to do with polygamy. That is also infringing his rights isn't it?

Why do they send men who have incestuous relationships with their kids to jail?

It is men who decide what they don't want and what they want, make laws, and determine punishments for those who might contravene those laws.

Beastiality is bad, and should be criminalized. Those who engage are at risk of contacting diseases, which they would eventually spread to the rest of the populace.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2006
Thanks you jare Love.

A bottle of Champagne/Wine for you.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Belt: 11:40am On Apr 26, 2006
[b]I have been able to read all the submissions made on this issue but then I think we are getting the whole thing wrong. Let us begin by asking what leads or causes one to be a gay. From there we I would suggest that we first of all stone the Person who had the gut to create the gays in the place.

What am actually trying to say is that being a gay is not actually a choice. Many gays if they have thier way would like to be straights but then this is more than a wish. But the most important question I would ask here is how often have we been praying for the Person  who made gays to stop making more. The fact that more gays are being born is still a reason that there were created for a purpose.

Gays are not abnormal. They have no single problem. It is just an accident that they found themselves in such a very difficult position. Truly and frankly speaking most gays are not happy living in such a condition. Let us come nearer home. When last did you see a gay. If you have not seen a gay, why not try and see one and ask this simple question, 'why are you a gay'. Am sure his reply would end up eliciting your sympathy and cry.

I think it would be a sin not just against humanity but also against charity for us to stay in the four walls of our bedroom to conclude that being a gay is tantamount to being a criminal and therefore worthy of imprisnment. Someone even said that he would be the first to stone the person and that raises a new question, 'who is more barbaric?' The one stoning people to death or a gay. Your answer is as good as mine. And I think for the sake of justice that we should forget this issue if we do not about the psychology of being a gay.

Let them have thier rights. It is quite unfortunate that this issue was raised in the first instance. The other time it was about the dress code, today it is about gays, maybe tomorrow it will be the biggest suprise and so far we do not be in solidarity of the minority, gays in this case, it will end up having an effect on us. One last question for the young man who would be the first to stone the gays, 'how about if you have a gay child tomorrow'. But the reality is that at the moment there is one in your family. Due to the fact that due to draconian laws in Nigeria at the moment, gays live in secrecy, if you investigate well I assure you that you end up seeing not less than five gays from your family. Maybe your cousins, nephews, nieces etc.

Also be aware that bi-sexuals or heterosexuals are grouped also as gays. In fact be very careful in your views of life because such views could be dangerous.

Thanks.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 4:49pm On Apr 27, 2006
Belt:

[b]

The fact that more gays are being born is still a reason that there were created for a purpose.

Gays are not abnormal. They have no single problem. It is just an accident that they found themselves in such a very difficult position. Truly and frankly speaking most gays are not happy living in such a condition. Let us come nearer home. When last did you see a gay.

Let them have their rights.

Thanks.
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color]

SORRY O.

I will never agree with you.

Belt:

[color=#990000]

I think it would be a sin not just against humanity but also against charity for us to stay in the four walls of our bedroom to conclude that being a gay is tantamount to being a criminal and therefore worthy of imprisnment.

. One last question for the young man who would be the first to stone the gays, 'how about if you have a gay child tomorrow'. But the reality is that at the moment there is one in your family. Due to the fact that due to draconian laws in Nigeria at the moment, gays live in secrecy, if you investigate well I assure you that you end up seeing not less than five gays from your family. Maybe your cousins, nephews, nieces etc.

[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

##Every country chooses what they clasify as criminal offence. [b]Why did UK government clasify Drink-Driving as a criminal offence?
##

#As for the Gay Children, Gay Cousin, Nephew etc, may be thats a true reflection of your humble self#
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Shannon(f): 2:14am On Apr 28, 2006
Drunk-driving is not comparable in the least to someone being homosexual. Drunk-driving is a criminal offence because it is dangerous and most potentially deadly to other people who have done absolutely nothing criminal whatsoever, it's an offence because it puts other people's lives in danger. Homosexuality in no way endangers your life, it's la ifestyle that cannot lead to the death of any individual who is not willingly involved in it. Drunk-drivers kill innocent people every day, people who did absolutely nothing but happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's not comparable.
Re: Letter To President Obasanjo Regarding Bill To Criminalize Gay Rights by Akolawole(m): 10:34am On Apr 28, 2006
@Belt & Shanon

Please continue in your pro- homosexuality.

But in Federal Republic of Nigeria, it will never never reign Supreme ( Amen)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘States Are Not Bankrupt, But We Have No Money!’ -Amaechi / How Northern Elite Control Nigeria’s Oil Wealth / As The Nigerian Army Prepare For Operations In Mali....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.