Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps (11020 Views)

Arunma Oteh Appointed World Bank VP / Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Enice(m): 8:31am On Mar 16, 2012
soladisc: I heard it from good source that;

1. The House committee chairman was paid some overseas training expenses on capital market last year, he collected the money for the training but never attended.

2. The committee chairman demanded for some money before the commencement of the hearing but the DG refused

3. The younger brother to the committee chair participated in a rencently conducted recruitment exercise by SEC but was not successful (probably even after lobbying, no wonder the committee chair was insisting on recruitment issue)

4. The allegations were sponsored by some top management staffs of the organisation

The director of the Capital market institute claimed that the DG has not been supporting the institute, but when asked in what areas he needs support, he said he wants to be training SEC staffs on capital mkt development, issues etc. I was shocked when he was asked " WHAT IS YOUR STAFF STRENGHT" he said 6 including his driver!

I was surprised when the DG raised the issue of bribery against by the commission chair and question his credibility to chair the committee, he brushed the issue aside but he could accuse her of financial impropriety

as for me I can see that the commission chair is not so much interested in the topic of the hearing which is the state of the capital market & solution to the current capital mkt problem but on a personal vendetta. The DG was not also allowed to answer most of allegations against her. Even if someone thinks or know she has committed any offence it is only fair that she should be allowed to defend herself. We will see to the end of this episode as we wiil keep in touch when the house resumes the hearing on Tuesday.
This is the best analysis on the issue at hand so far. Most People just jump to conclusion without studying the facts first.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Okijajuju1(m): 8:41am On Mar 16, 2012
850,000 on Food for a day!!

30 million naira on Hotel bill for 6 months

85,000 Naira on food a day. . .

This is grounds enough for her to be fired.

Forget the capital market, sieze all her assets and jail her for atleast 10 years and upon release, she should be barred from holding any public office for her life. .

Ask for the accusations made against the Committee chair, I think the EFCC and the House should investigate this shit. .

I am slowly but surely loving where Nigeria is going. . .
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by harakiri(m): 9:51am On Mar 16, 2012
How about GEJ that has N3million as daily feeding allowance? Na human head dem dey chop abi na lion?
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Callotti: 9:58am On Mar 16, 2012
Hmmmmm!
Only women should be fired for chopping kola.
Women don suffer for Naija I swear.
After being 'screwed', they are dumped like rotten political banana peels for fresh congos.
God punish them.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by ideylaff: 10:34am On Mar 16, 2012
when people start to stammer and use distracting lines like I'm bn witch hunted, this is like a kangaroo court, et al in front of less educated and uncouth members of a panel , you can tell Madam DG has something to hide

She has goofed with regards to transparency and is now using staff member incompetence under pretense to cover up her tracks. with all d reputable work experience she has, can she tell us that is how the behave there in African Development Bank..ehhn?. Yes she is qualified for the job no doubt, but on this note she has put her fingers in the cookie jar and caught out right. shame it's by the same useless NASS members who are guilty of the same crime as well.
Make she go siddon somewia jareh instead of quoting African Bank 10 Billion dollars funs, I managed , Harvard MBA and co. we dont want to hear all that.

Every little thing they ask her, I have not done that yet, I'm still trying to get the right staff after how many years. What does her job specification say in terms of delivery, does it say u have 5 years to deliver or it says you have to deliver. So by the time she finishes her tenure she will list them all as "Work in progress" yet she is collecting the benefits and props for the job
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. This people have no regard for peoples money one bit.

Thats the problem with us we think once someone shows up from World Bank, ADB , Goldman Sachs , Harvard or Stanford Uni MBA or 1st degree they are above the law. No they are not

if the house of rep guys asked her for money is she not smart enough and effect payment, call EFFC and trace payment or at least record them /prove them by setting up a meeting
where is the email, where is the text, where is the recording of them asking for money

You do your home work if you know u want to nail someone trying to nail you as well, she just showed up at the panel with her yeye CV thinking that would bamboozle us all

Yes we know NASS members are the most corrupt of the lot

but this time around madan DG is just clutching straws and playing dirty over nothing cos she has bn caught out and her reputation is at stake simple

Answer a simple question, did you or did u not, dont answer with , shebi u too did this lagbaja did this

yes NASS are worse but for now the person in question is madam DG... simple..

with all her experience she nor get any document to prove all ds allegation, and she had the brain to bring her Ego laded CV to the panel i have don this and that, so.....

if he takes one robber to expose another at this rate we are ready.. the NASS members will face thier own waterloo one day one day
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 16, 2012
Dont Blame the woman , She must have been brainwashed by the Yorubas in her office to do it, they invented corruption.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by member479760: 12:10pm On Mar 16, 2012
nothing bad if they ask her money and not kont.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Enice(m): 12:59pm On Mar 16, 2012
Okija_juju: 850,000 on Food for a day!!

30 million naira on Hotel bill for 6 months

85,000 Naira on food a day. . .

This is grounds enough for her to be fired.

Forget the capital market, sieze all her assets and jail her for atleast 10 years and upon release, she should be barred from holding any public office for her life. .

Ask for the accusations made against the Committee chair, I think the EFCC and the House should investigate this shit. .

I am slowly but surely loving where Nigeria is going. . .
These are allegations levelled against her by some insiders and have not been proved to be true. What the house would have done would be to call in the EFCC to investigate the issue because as it is, the house is out of order. You don't accuse someone without proof.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by mkmyers45(m): 1:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
harakiri: How about GEJ that has N3million as daily feeding allowance? Na human head dem dey chop abi na lion?
ROFL
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by vippper: 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2012
I don,t post comment regularly here but i love some thing you guys do over here,but on ms Oteh's case, i have the strong believe that she is been probe because she is some people's black book,if not while is the head of the panel stammering when his did was made known to the world,mark this that woman will go free because they will want her not to blow more cover.if i may ask who probes the senate and the house of rep,after nigeria police they are the second and third most corrupt places to work.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by vanstanzy(m): 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
[b][/b]Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by soladisc: 21 hours & 24 minutes
I heard it from good source that;

1. The House committee chairman was paid some overseas training expenses on capital market last year, he collected the money for the training but never attended.

2. The committee chairman demanded for some money before the commencement of the hearing but the DG refused

3. The younger brother to the committee chair participated in a rencently conducted recruitment exercise by SEC but was not successful (probably even after lobbying, no wonder the committee chair was insisting on recruitment issue)

4. The allegations were sponsored by some top management staffs of the organisation

The director of the Capital market institute claimed that the DG has not been supporting the institute, but when asked in what areas he needs support, he said he wants to be training SEC staffs on capital mkt development, issues etc. I was shocked when he was asked " WHAT IS YOUR STAFF STRENGHT" he said 6 including his driver!

I was surprised when the DG raised the issue of bribery against by the commission chair and question his credibility to chair the committee, he brushed the issue aside but he could accuse her of financial impropriety

as for me I can see that the commission chair is not so much interested in the topic of the hearing which is the state of the capital market & solution to the current capital mkt problem but on a personal vendetta. The DG was not also allowed to answer most of allegations against her. Even if someone thinks or know she has committed any offence it is only fair that she should be allowed to defend herself. We will see to the end of this episode as we wiil keep in touch when the house resumes the hearing on Tuesday.

@soladisk
Thats what i've been trying to tell NLer's. These so-called Rep. guyz are the major crooks. The committee chairman even had the guts to call-on the EFCC and ICPC to investigate him. The "MUGGER" just shot himself in the leg.
Watch and see the can-of-worms that will be uncovered over the chair.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Awalla: 7:20pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ dayokanu(m):
Which state or region is she from?

I think this guy is nothing but a marked trouble maker. Its your type that scars people from coming to this forum, because you use your empty head to derail and curse trouble, People should simple not take this never do well guy serious in this forum .
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Callotti: 7:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
lol
lol
lol
lol
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Goldenskin: 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2012
@ Musiwa. U are a big fool. Always waiting for any available opportunity to ridicule christianity. What has the topic got to do with the rubbish you just typed? SMH
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by PastorOla1: 11:21pm On Mar 16, 2012
Women who are not With there husband, should not be considered for political office again in Nigeria.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by vostro: 3:27am On Mar 17, 2012
This commission should be ashamed of themselves and the members be relieved of their responsibilities with immediate effect. There action is the true reason why Nigeria is not moving forward.
Nigerians need to wake up and rise up against these people in government making life unbearable for the masses. When all other African nations moving forward our elected officers are busy stealing. They should all be fired.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Enice(m): 9:11am On Mar 17, 2012
Pastor Ola: Women who are not With there husband, should not be considered for political office again in Nigeria.
what about adulterous men, Paedophiles, gigolos, polygamous men and child molesters. Majority of which constitute the NASS? Should these group be allowed to contest elections and hold political office?
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Callotti: 11:19am On Mar 17, 2012
Pastor Ola: Women who are not With there husband, should not be considered for political office again in Nigeria.
lol
lol
lol
lol

Deziani A. Madueke nor get husband(s)?

I think the same should apply to men.
What is the difference btw a married ashi and a single ashi in Migerian politics?
Okonjo Iwaela get bi-continental 'husband'?

Mu he he he he he he
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by jacobodia: 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2012
Ms. Oteh did not spend N850,000 on a meal as alleged by Hembe and his dishonorable co-travelers. what she spent was N83,400 and it was for a group dinner at Transcorp Hilton hotel on March 24, 2010.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Enice(m): 3:33pm On Mar 18, 2012
jacobodia: Ms. Oteh did not spend N850,000 on a meal as alleged by Hembe and his dishonorable co-travelers. what she spent was N83,400 and it was for a group dinner at Transcorp Hilton hotel on March 24, 2010.
I said it! These scalywags will go to any length to rubbish your name once you don't dance to their tune.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Nigeria Outlaw The Use Of Pan/Metal Rooftops? / When Will An Igbo Man Rule Nigeria? / Senate Confirms Halilu Shaba As NASRDA DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.