Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps (11014 Views)

Arunma Oteh Appointed World Bank VP / Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (2) (3) (4)

Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by IYANGBALI: 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2012
hmmmmmmmmmmmm,God dey

Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by desthan(m): 6:28pm On Mar 15, 2012
@duni04

You are correct don't mind all those wall gecko and insect swallowing polithiefcians, untamed illiterates, bunch of minions and scalawags, talking to a woman far far far more learned than them.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by ijigbamigb(m): 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2012
OGAAA OOO...who are we gonna believe these days. I think the woman has got some dirty tracks which she's preventing from exposing by throwing the first punches against the stwepid reps who are not holy as well.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by whyx06(m): 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
Corruption all over d country
Na waooooooooo
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by doofanc: 6:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
sunkoye: dat was a stale news. she don fire back!

By Ini Ekott
The embattled SEC boss who has been shown to abuse her office threw mud at the lawmakers grilling her
Under fire Director General of the Security and Exchange Commission, Arunma Oteh, fought back fiercely today after being accused by lawmakers for abusing her office and embarking on limitless spending.

Today, Ms. Oteh said the lawmakers are furious at her because she turned down the request of the chairman, House capital market committee, Hernan Hembe, for a N44million tip.

Ms Oteh said the lawmaker first asked for N39 million to defray the cost of the ongoing public hearing, and when she denied, the chairman asked for N5million.

That was in addition to the commission sponsoring a foreign trip for members of the committee, and paying them estacodes.

The hefty accusations have unsettled the mood at the hearing, which is being beamed live on television, and lawmakers are scrambling to play down the concerns.

After the allegations were made, Mr. Hembe asked to identify representatives of the EFCC and the ICPC at the hearing, and said he was surrendering himself to their probe over the charges.
Lawmakers discussed informally the possibilities of containing the news, with senior members questioning why the event was screened live in the first instance.

Premium could not ascertain the veracity of Ms. Oteh's allegation against the lawmaker but sources close to her said she arrived the hearing today fuming and threatening that she would unsettle the lawmakers and make them pay dearly for humiliating her Wednesday.

More to come...

very very interesting. He this is true, then one can only imagine the caliber of lawmakers we have. Upon all their obscene allowances and all there people still couldn't pass up an opportunity to swindle the country. Na wa o!
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by ziccoit: 6:34pm On Mar 15, 2012
This woman has done nothing wrong IMO. It is the system. A system that doesn't self activate to disallow this level of irresponsibility is a failure. That is why GEJ would always be a failure. The freshness of his air should go along with bring a better system that would readily turn thing around for good in this country. But, what do we have? Stuo quo maintenance.

Only GOD know how much the house committee would claim daily as sitting allowance. Monkey de carry monkey climb palm tree.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by gendebs(m): 6:39pm On Mar 15, 2012
wonder they say neva ends
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Reference(m): 6:45pm On Mar 15, 2012
ziccoit: This woman has done nothing wrong IMO. It is the system. A system that doesn't self activate to disallow this level of irresponsibility is a failure. That is why GEJ would always be a failure. The freshness of his air should go along with bring a better system that would readily turn thing around for good in this country. But, what do we have? Stuo quo maintenance.

Only GOD know how much the house committee would claim daily as sitting allowance. Monkey de carry monkey climb palm tree.

This is the exact reason why corruption will never end. There will always be deflection and sidesway. The moment pressure is placed someone somewhere will turn public defender. It is now the Presidency that will prevent her from looting her office.

A nation that cannot place self responsibility as its watch word can never progress. America is not overwhelmed by corruption because of Obama but the collective will and responsibility. Let's condemn in totality and repeatedly all cases of such acts without prejudice, no matter tribe, religion or political affiliation.

She has no excuse and no where to hide. She was asked for bribe should not distract from her actions.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Nobody: 7:06pm On Mar 15, 2012
[b][/b]shockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshockedshocked
what d president can do d SEC boss can do better,keep 'chopping'.God go soon come
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by badesco(m): 7:08pm On Mar 15, 2012
Let them prove it and show it to all Nigerians. Those bunch of looters in the House of reps are nothing but killer of our economy. They are only there to represent themselves and their families. At the end of the day nothing concrete will come out.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by rareman(m): 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2012
this goes to show the rot in the system, come to think of it how much is the sitting allowance of the lawmakers. Can it be justified, now am not here to condone this woman, she should face the music if found guilty. But I still want to ask who will probe the lawmakers
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 15, 2012
O boy fear women o.wetin a single old hag like this wan chop with 850k ? What a man can do,a woman can do better.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by papatosibe: 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
Why am I not surprised?

Abia State, Oteh, Fake degree, Greed, Nepotism, incompetence, Hotel stay, hobnobbing with strange men while hubby and kids are at home, questionable work history, cluelessness, aloofness, lack of self control . . . Ibo people. SMH

Who spends N850,000 on food? What did she buy. . . human parts?
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by demmy07: 7:36pm On Mar 15, 2012
and its all tax payers money

check out mikeadenuga.com

Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by IRAPADA(m): 7:51pm On Mar 15, 2012
She shd b stone to death if found guity
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by ziccoit: 7:52pm On Mar 15, 2012
Reference:

This is the exact reason why corruption will never end. There will always be deflection and sidesway. The moment pressure is placed someone somewhere will turn public defender. It is now the Presidency that will prevent her from looting her office.

A nation that cannot place self responsibility as its watch word can never progress. America is not overwhelmed by corruption because of Obama but the collective will and responsibility. Let's condemn in totality and repeatedly all cases of such acts without prejudice, no matter tribe, religion or political affiliation.

She has no excuse and no where to hide. She was asked for bribe should not distract from her actions.

You don't get it. I still maintain my position that she has done nothing wrong. Yes. If that 850k she is squandering daily would translate to workers in her department not getting paid their monthly salary, fuel not available for vehicles to run the commission, office materials becoming a scarce commodity etc and the system is working in such a way that you don't go without facing the full wrath of the law she would never deep her hand into public pocket.Human being are innately corrupt it is the system that could only bring that tendency under control.

If it were to be China, her family should be preparing where to buried her, she is dead already.That is a working system at curbing the corruption. What happened to Patience Jonathan, OBJ, Bankole, Atiku, IBB, Akala and the host of others? That is a systemic problem my brother. A system that make sure a confirmed thief is made the leader. A system that is so porous that the grievousness of your offense is inversely proportional to your punishment.

If you like, Nigerians can cry till kingdom come things gona get worse. The only solution is systemic changes that a true Nigeria leader could bring about. That is why I said GEJ is a failure because he can not bring about that changes.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by soladisc: 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
I heard it from good source that;

1. The House committee chairman was paid some overseas training expenses on capital market last year, he collected the money for the training but never attended.

2. The committee chairman demanded for some money before the commencement of the hearing but the DG refused

3. The younger brother to the committee chair participated in a rencently conducted recruitment exercise by SEC but was not successful (probably even after lobbying, no wonder the committee chair was insisting on recruitment issue)

4. The allegations were sponsored by some top management staffs of the organisation

The director of the Capital market institute claimed that the DG has not been supporting the institute, but when asked in what areas he needs support, he said he wants to be training SEC staffs on capital mkt development, issues etc. I was shocked when he was asked " WHAT IS YOUR STAFF STRENGHT" he said 6 including his driver!

I was surprised when the DG raised the issue of bribery against by the commission chair and question his credibility to chair the committee, he brushed the issue aside but he could accuse her of financial impropriety

as for me I can see that the commission chair is not so much interested in the topic of the hearing which is the state of the capital market & solution to the current capital mkt problem but on a personal vendetta. The DG was not also allowed to answer most of allegations against her. Even if someone thinks or know she has committed any offence it is only fair that she should be allowed to defend herself. We will see to the end of this episode as we wiil keep in touch when the house resumes the hearing on Tuesday.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by livapul86(m): 8:17pm On Mar 15, 2012
IYA NGBALI: hmmmmmmmmmmmm,God dey
Guy, laugh wan tear my belle wit this your picture o! Why you print my acct balance na? Chei, and only one woman dey chop 850k a day while I dey my face me I face you room dey chop #20 akara and Agege bread as Nite food. This life is not fair o!
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by czay(m): 8:19pm On Mar 15, 2012
This is the superficial truth...more truth is looming
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by ThinkRait: 8:41pm On Mar 15, 2012
Methinks the committee chairman has an axe to grind with the SEC DG.

His line of questioning shows he is not concerned about the dwindling fortunes of investors... I have a strong feeling the guy is just out to rubbish the SEC DG.

One funny question that was asked yesterday was how possible it is for a 1989 graduate to have attained the position of a director. In sane climes where merit is placed above mediocrity and performance is placed above tenureship, such a question wouldn't be asked.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Tobiustobius: 9:12pm On Mar 15, 2012
papatosibe: Why am I not surprised?

Abia State, Oteh, Fake degree, Greed, Nepotism, incompetence, Hotel stay, hobnobbing with strange men while hubby and kids are at home, questionable work history, cluelessness, aloofness, lack of self control . . . Ibo people. SMH

Why must you bring one's tribe into everything.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by clip: 9:26pm On Mar 15, 2012
Will she has the courage to beat her kid if she steal pen from school?
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by billyG(m): 10:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
After seeing & hearing all this ,some gullible dumb-head will still put the money in the capital(419) market angry angry angry angry angry angry[b][/b]
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Pakavy(m): 11:13pm On Mar 15, 2012
is possible she is spending it wit one small boy who is at ha service and server
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
Wonderful...Nigeria, we hail thee...Good people great nation. How long will it take us to discover and understand that we are not yet a nation, thereby begging the question of undebatable arguments and comments?
*Sighs* Nigeria, we hail thee...
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
na wa o? what kind of food is she eating? gucci rice and prada beans?
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by Nobody: 11:25pm On Mar 15, 2012
I didnt know ibo foods are very expensive like this o.ibo kwenu,give them this country and y'all will be sold to the highest bidder.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by dayokanu(m): 11:55pm On Mar 15, 2012
papatosibe: Ibo people. SMH

Most likely
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by faboulicious(m): 5:01am On Mar 16, 2012
Baawaa: 850k for food in a day,unbelievable!!
she dey chop human head?
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by musiwa43: 7:59am On Mar 16, 2012
i think churches should be blame for some of this things happening in nigeria. the moral in nigeria is low. when you see churches ordain 6000 pastors you know there is problem. that the motive have change to collecting money. you see i dont go to all churches and i dont get preach to by anyone who claim to be a pastor.

many of the nigeria pastors are not men of God they stand on the alter just to collect tithe and tell lies that God is speaking to them. it is people 10% of their income they want and someone who will buy them cars and private jet, they are more concern. i went to deeper life for many years and i dont know about now. but many year ago. the deeper life preach about righteousness and holiness. there are not many nigeria churches which i know that preach about holiness. not even 30%. it is now about pay your tithe or you die.
now pastors are 419 and there is nobody you can truth.

let me tell you something. over here i use to think mostly black people scam people, till when a white person scam me too. just some days ago , i got scammed by a white person. now i am scared of black or white scammers. everybody only want to scam people.

what is my point, that there is moral problem because churches who are suppose to be places to uphold moral, are now immoral too. is it a pastor who just scam his congregation of money, that will preach about holiness. i am not saying i am a saint. as long as the church is about 419 pastors , we cant have better society.
Re: SEC Boss, Arunma Oteh, Spent N850,000 On Food In A Day - Reps by clemmonce(m): 8:29am On Mar 16, 2012
women are worse than men. wen in power. no wonder we dont hav female kings our ancestors knw dis.

Should Nigeria Outlaw The Use Of Pan/Metal Rooftops? / Pastors Encouraging Corruption- Tunde Bakare / Atiku Abubakar's US Chamber Of Commerce Invite

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60