Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Window 8 Consumer's Preview - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Window 8 Consumer's Preview (1897 Views)

Why Can't I Side Load Window 8.1 With Ubuntu 15.10 / I Need Help On Activating My Window 8.1 Window / My Regrets Buying A Window 8 System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Window 8 Consumer's Preview by poetishy2k: 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hey! Friends Microsoft has done it again...Window 8...well the full version is not out yet but a prototype is out,users are meant to use and make their observation known to microsoft stating their likes and dislikes so all dis can be effected b4 the full functional windows 8 comes out...My Review...i have only used it for 3 days and am just totally in love with the new Os, the new interface,and uses lesser RAM, moves faster,though the desktop offers almost d same thing as Windows 7, then the installation requires a key,unlike window 7 in which u can run the installation and activate later bur it ain't same for Windows 8,here u compulsorily have to enter a Product key to progress....hope dis forum will be a source of enlightenment for Windows 8 consumer previewer users.
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 16, 2012
How do i grt the OS?
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by blackweaver(m): 11:25am On Mar 16, 2012
tried the developer preview, not impressed; i think i'll stick with win7
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by sentix(m): 5:42pm On Mar 16, 2012
I have been using the new windows consumer preview for about 2 weeks.

I have been impressed the metro is cleaner, metro apps now look mature and you can switch between them easily.

Windows 8 looks matured and ready for market. Search is responsive and fast. Driver support excellent. I don't really like the new logo but the customization available is great.
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by TOSLAW: 8:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
Yeah d new window8 is cool,A̶̲̥̅♏ having prblm wit M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥' modem on it,M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥' modem is №† see network on d new window plz help out pals
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by poetishy2k: 8:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
WINDOWS 8 consumer preview...am sorry guys for the long silence,mind me not,so far its been good bur a couple of problems,AVG Antivirus sees some of the registry values...i.e windows packages as threat so it deletes it and dis makes your default windows applications unusable,it stops opening altogether,so u ain't got a choice than to reload your Operating system,but the advantage of windows 8 as u all might have noticed is that it retains all ur apps it's as if u neva reloaded ur operating system,anoda solution to dis is,when u scan ur system u have to be sure the antivirus is not deleting ur registry values,so before u go ahead and click delete unhealed threats u might wanna look @ it and be sure of the location and name of the virus, sometimes it might nt be viru. Also a couple of modems doesn't WORK WITH IT...d only modem dt has worked so far downloads resumes,its just Multi-links and Etisalat modems dt works on it. pls ask questions that relates to windows 8 if dias any problem u encountering i will be more than willing to help.on a general note am enjoying Windows 8.
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by samir101ng(m): 5:07pm On Sep 18, 2012
[url]http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/release-preview?ocid=O_MSC_W8R_OandO_Business_EN-US&WT.rss_f=At%20Work%20RSS&WT.rss_a=Download%20the%20Windows%208%20Release%20Preview&WT.rss_ev=a[/url]

Check out the video. The OS make sense die !!! Can't wait for Microsoft Surface Tablets
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by 2baga(m): 3:06pm On Sep 21, 2012
poetishy2k: Hey! Friends Microsoft has done it again...Window 8...well the full version is not out yet but a prototype is out,users are meant to use and make their observation known to microsoft stating their likes and dislikes so all dis can be effected b4 the full functional windows 8 comes out...My Review...i have only used it for 3 days and am just totally in love with the new Os, the new interface,and uses lesser RAM, moves faster,though the desktop offers almost d same thing as Windows 7, then the installation requires a key,unlike window 7 in which u can run the installation and activate later bur it ain't same for Windows 8,here u compulsorily have to enter a Product key to progress....hope dis forum will be a source of enlightenment for Windows 8 consumer previewer users.

I have a copy of the WIN8 but can you please out with d keys, i must deleted mine in error.
makemore247 at gmail dot com
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by poetishy2k: 7:22pm On Sep 22, 2012
[size=8pt][/size]Find the notepad doc in this post

Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by Kaybaba5(m): 9:56am On Sep 25, 2012
After I installed the keys tru command prompt, my windows refused to activate. I don't know what happened bro to my window8
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by mavtrevor(m): 12:09pm On Sep 25, 2012
October 26th, 2012 has been announced for the official release date of Windows 8. Though with the consumer preview copy, you can upgrade to Windows 8 already. But if you are not totally sure of upgrading you can also create a dual boot for your Windows 7 and Windows 8 until you get used to the Windows 8 before you can totally migrate to the new AWESOME OS.

1 Like

Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by poetishy2k: 5:39am On Sep 27, 2012

Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by poetishy2k: 5:56am On Sep 27, 2012
Thank you @Mavtrevor we really appreciate dis, i downloaded the release preview bur realised that i have to format my system to use it,unlike the consumer preview that retains all your installed application and personal files.i have 2 wait 2 until i have an external harddrive to install it.
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by poetishy2k: 6:00am On Sep 27, 2012
Kay-baba:
After I installed the keys tru command prompt, my windows refused to activate. I don't know what happened bro to my window8
i don't quite get what the problem is here @ kay-baba bur u might wanna try a reinstallation of your OS, it'll repair what it is that's wrong and u can enter the key during the installation process.then after reinstallation u'll activate.hope it's easy as it should be.enjoy
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:27am On Sep 27, 2012
CV version nko? awon bois are waiting. 150 only
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by mavtrevor(m): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2012
I am only wondering what changes Microsoft is going to make from the consumer preview copy to its final release copy.....well i bet there will be updates to fix it. Windows 8 is definitely a gr8 OS...
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by Kaybaba5(m): 8:41am On Sep 28, 2012
poetishy2k:
i don't quite get what the problem is here @ kay-baba bur u might wanna try a reinstallation of your OS, it'll repair what it is that's wrong and u can enter the key during the installation process.then after reinstallation u'll activate.hope it's easy as it should be.enjoy

i installed the consumer preview, what i did was dat i just upgraded to window 8 from window 7 but when i installed the key u gave me my window refused to activate. but if u want me to do fresh installation, i will try that but wen i was upgradin it didnt ask for key , am afraid if i should do fresh installation wether it will ask for key

pls reply before i embark on it.
Re: Window 8 Consumer's Preview by blackweaver(m): 10:33am On Oct 06, 2012
Kay-baba:

i installed the consumer preview, what i did was dat i just upgraded to window 8 from window 7 but when i installed the key u gave me my window refused to activate. but if u want me to do fresh installation, i will try that but wen i was upgradin it didnt ask for key , am afraid if i should do fresh installation wether it will ask for key

pls reply before i embark on it.

you do rea;ise you took a big risk, why upgrade a full release os with a trial one? a better option would have been to install them side by side. i'm pretty sure that after a while MS will either force you to buy a full license or disable your trialware

(1) (Reply)

SOLD Lenovo Thinkpad P50 (come With Charger And Lenovo Docking Station) SOLD / Watch Tv On Your Laptop/desktops / Laptop Carcass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.