Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (13500 Views)

Okowa’s Defence Lawyer Loses N44.6m In Delta Hotel / Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria / Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Nairaboi(m): 3:57am On Mar 16, 2012
klas: These dumb legislators are able to get away with sh.it because they know some if not most nigerians are dumber.

Someone above queried why she should stay in the hotel after 56 days. Like seriously? Should she packed into the street when her organisation was yet to provide accomodation as required under her contract just because the fabled 56 days expired. Let the SEC convert the hotel bills they paid after the 56 days to the rent thay would have paid for her house in the excess period.

For those parroting monetisation. Are CBN governor and his deputies, Inspector general of police, efcc chairman, military service chiefs, supreme court judges and others living in their personally rented houses? With the so-called monetisation, why is each member of national assembly having official cars for the so called committe work?

As for the allegation of N850k food in one day. Except that the legislators just want to be sensational, they should provide the details of the diners and the menu.
. U r a nonentity. Did u hear her deny spending dis monies? She only gave reasons 4 spending. If dis questions u r asking r straight up, ansas abound. Why did she not lay a complain or even opt out of the job when accomodation was nt bin provided?.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Nobody: 4:32am On Mar 16, 2012
Odu-toda-iwa:
God knows the Nigerian Nation is forked!!!. We are indeed sick in Nigeria. There is no gainsaying that we are ruled by the worst of us. Infact, I am beginning to think that our leaders have not yet evolved into human. They are substantially baboons with some fleshy garment of humans.

Imagine. The accused and the accusers are criminals.
exactly. And i pray she has proof of these accusations, else, she's a goner!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by faboulicious(m): 5:35am On Mar 16, 2012
naijaking1: Gob bless the beautiful Arumma Oteh. Nigerians just don't know how sick every branch of their government is, really.
demonstration of craze, crazy demonstration if e no b so why e be say as time dey go things just dey bad.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by taosola(m): 6:44am On Mar 16, 2012
This is a case of The Pot calling kettle Black. but the woman should be ashamed of herself. Thieves! Anyway, I'm not saying she should bite her tongue.
May Allah save us from all these rogues calling themselves leaders.

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by master2(m): 7:10am On Mar 16, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]The fight against corruption is at it lowest ebb since yaradua came in and even worst now that we have clueless n lilly liver President who could not preside over the country but looking for short cut to deal with issues. Now every d.ick, tom n jerry in govt, outside govt, in the cooprate world, elected, non-elected n appointed are stealing left n right. OBJ with all his fault was able to reduce corruption @ least corruption was left for inner circle of his regime. Then, local govt chairmen, minesters and even national assembly members n governors were sacred to steal the way they steal now. The fear of the EFFC was the begining of wisdom for every govt n elected persons outside the inner circle.
This nation is bleeding n is bleeding to death. Some times the way n amount even low profile individual in govt n corprate world steal these days get me thinking that these ppl have seen that this nation won't survive 2015 so they are line their pockets in case of event that this nation break up.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by ade80: 8:01am On Mar 16, 2012
Every parastatal bribes Nass for various reasons like, getting approval for an over inflated budget, for them to look the other way when irregularities are uncovered in their accounts etc. I am sure she was being stubborn and that's the reason for this charade.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by taosola(m): 8:16am On Mar 16, 2012
Revolutions underway. Mark my words!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by musiwa43: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2012
everybody is a thief in nigeria. that if president goes there, they will steal from you. i remember, many year ago while i was in the university. IBB the president of nigeria ring was pick pocket from. how can someone pickpocket a president in the present of the secret service. that tells you how bad it is in nigeria

they pickpocket nigeria president.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by inene: 8:37am On Mar 16, 2012
The word impossibility is non existent in NIgeria. The SEC lady might be right or may not be right but it does not matter. The Speaker should disband the Panel. Remember when an attempt was made to impeach the former Speaker Ghali N'abba and bags of money emerged on the floor of the house and the allegation was that the President had deployed the money to bribe members to remove the Speaker. That ended the impeachment and until today the truth of who brought the money has not been told. Maybe when he writes his memoirs he will tell the truth, i mean N'abba. Mrs Oteh had dealt a strong blow to the commitee and whatever they say now has been tainted with the accusation of bribe. The woman didnt say they asked for the money personally but to defray the cost of the panel sitting which would have made the investigation merely cosmetic. Remember also when Mrs Iyabo shared money to her commitee members given by an agency that was under investigation. Remember that nothing came out of the sleazy accusation ans she served out her term in the Senate. if you ask me i will say away with the House Panel.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by emmysam2: 8:39am On Mar 16, 2012
When will Nigeria's Public Officer holders stop washing their dirty linens in public? It is only when situations get critical that we hear these allegations publicly. Granted, the SEC woman may not be entirely clean herself, but are those probing her clean themselves? Besides, am tired of these public probes and hearings that nothing positive ever come out of them. It is only in Nigeria that a public Officer will steal N20, and a committee will be setup and paid N50 to probe the theft, and yet another committee be set up and paid N70 to "look into" the report of the initial committee... and by the end of the whole processes, Nothing dey happen! Summarily,all are avenues to steal our monies by those we put in offices. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!! sad sad
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by anydek: 8:45am On Mar 16, 2012
It is very unfortunate for Arumeh Oteh to open her mouth to accuse the law makers to have demanded N44m from her just because their carrying out their constitutional responsibility of investigating her stewardship as the DG of SEC.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Nobody: 8:51am On Mar 16, 2012
Shame on you Nigeria! This Country is never going to survive unless we all go our separate ways. Lets divide, period!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by forkadict(m): 8:52am On Mar 16, 2012
Events like this make me feel depressed and frustrated about the decay in the state of our nation brought about by corruption. I am always wondering if there are actually some people in this sick country that believe we can ever progress by embracing corruption. As things stand right now, corruption has permeated every single facet of our lives you name it, oil and gas, police, ministries,Power, country's leadership, citizenry there is not one aspect of our lives that corruption hasn't been enthroned.

My advice to all nigerians is that we got it wrong in 2011 because some goons thought all we needed to progress was to elect an i.diot as president just because of his stoooopid name and because he grew up without wearing shoes. Let's thank God that 2015 is around the corner. We need to vote in an honest and incorruptible candidate as president. Nigeria, since we the citizens have limited power to tackle corruption effectively, then let us fight it from the top by electing an honest leader and let the effects trickle down to us. Let us at least for once get it right in 2015.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by chioma134: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2012
WOW!! Just watched some clips of d so-called probe shown by channels. All I can say to Arumma is MWAA!! Ride on! Nigerians r behind u.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by shagaman: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2012
We just need her to answer what she ate with over 800k in a day and which hotel she spent 30 million naira in 8 months,to me she is looking for a way to distract Nigerians......who dey service the woman sef...The guy go don hammer..... grin
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by ideylaff: 9:31am On Mar 16, 2012
when people start to stammer and use distracting lines like I'm bn witch hunted, this is like a kangaroo court, et al in front of less educated and uncouth members of a panel , you can tell Madam DG has something to hide

She has goofed with regards to transparency and is now using staff member incompetence under pretense to cover up her tracks. with all d reputable work experience she has, can she tell us that is how the behave there in African Development Bank..ehhn?. Yes she is qualified for the job no doubt, but on this note she has put her fingers in the cookie jar and caught out right. shame it's by the same useless NASS members who are guilty of the same crime as well.
Make she go siddon somewia jareh instead of quoting African Bank 10 Billion dollars funs, I managed , Harvard MBA and co. we dont want to hear all that.

Every little thing they ask her, I have not done that yet, I'm still trying to get the right staff after how many years. What does her job specification say in terms of delivery, does it say u have 5 years to deliver or it says you have to deliver. So by the time she finishes her tenure she will list them all as "Work in progress" yet she is collecting the benefits and props for the job
ABSOLUTE RUBBISH. This people have no regard for peoples money one bit.

Thats the problem with us we think once someone shows up from World Bank, ADB , Goldman Sachs , Harvard or Stanford Uni MBA or 1st degree they are above the law. No they are not

if the house of rep guys asked her for money is she not smart enough and effect payment, call EFFC and trace payment or at least record them /prove them by setting up a meeting
where is the email, where is the text, where is the recording of them asking for money

You do your home work if you know u want to nail someone trying to nail you as well, she just showed up at the panel with her yeye CV thinking that would bamboozle us all

Yes we know NASS members are the most corrupt of the lot

but this time around madan DG is just clutching straws and playing dirty over nothing cos she has bn caught out and her reputation is at stake simple
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by iykay4455(m): 9:32am On Mar 16, 2012
This is just a witch hunt.I will luv to see how much Sanusi spends on food a day and also his hotel bills.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by rolchi(m): 9:49am On Mar 16, 2012
when people start to stammer and use distracting lines like I'm bn witch hunted, this is like a kangaroo court, et al in front of less educated and uncouth members of a panel , you can tell Madam DG has something to hide

She has goofed with regards to transparency and is now using staff member incompetence under pretense to cover up her tracks. with all d reputable work experience she has, can she tell us that is how the behave there in African Development Bank..ehhn?. Yes she is qualified for the job no doubt, but on this note she has put her fingers in the cookie jar and caught out right. shame it's by the same useless NASS members who are guilty of the same crime as well.
Make she go siddon somewia jareh instead of quoting African Bank 10 Billion dollars funs, I managed , Harvard MBA and co. we dont want to hear all that.

Every little thing they ask her, I have not done that yet, I'm still trying to get the right staff after how many years. What does her job specification say in terms of delivery, does it say u have 5 years to deliver or it says you have to deliver. So by the time she finishes her tenure she will list them all as "Work in progress" yet she is collecting the benefits and props for the job

Thats the problem with us we think once someone shows up from World Bank, ADB , Goldman Sachs , Harvard or Stanford Uni MBA or 1st degree they are above the law. No they are not

if the house of rep guys asked her for money is she not smart enough and effect payment, call EFFC and trace payment or at least record them /prove them by setting up a meeting
where is the email, where is the text, where is the recording of them asking for money

You do your home work if you know u want to nail someone trying to nail you as well, she just showed up at the panel with her yeye CV thinking that would bamboozle us all

but this time around madan DG is just clutching straws and playing dirty over nothing cos she has bn caught out and her reputation is at stake simple

Thank You! May God bless your good heart
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by olufunmibi(m): 10:51am On Mar 16, 2012
ideylaff: when people start to stammer and use distracting lines like I'm bn witch hunted, this is like a kangaroo court, et al in front of less educated and uncouth members of a panel , you can tell Madam DG has something to hide

the above post by ideylaff is the most beautiful insightful and balanced piece I've read on this thread. Let everybody say "God bless Ideylaff"
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by outline: 11:22am On Mar 16, 2012
DONT MESS WITH an intelligent woman's integrity cool
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by outline: 11:25am On Mar 16, 2012
ideylaff: when people start to stammer and use distracting lines like I'm bn witch hunted, this is like a kangaroo court, et al in front of less educated and uncouth members of a panel , you can tell Madam DG has something to hide

bet i like her GUT :'
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Reference(m): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2012
She is just a thief like the rest of them. What is the credibility she is talking about. I hope she is indicted and it is gazetted to mark her down permanently. She is only singing because her pants are down. If SEC never made the stand she would have shut her trap and kept her snout in the trough. Nonsense.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by hakanai(m): 11:38am On Mar 16, 2012
My concern here is why didn't she simply lay this claims of bribe before now to the EFCC and let them investigate the allegation.Abi na to wait until you are on the bad side of the person before you begin to expose such dealings.This man asked for money from you and you only said so at the hearing.Isn't it suppose to be an issue that should be reported immediately.Why wait until you feel victimized then you spill the beans.Abi if to say the heat was not worth it, you will have allowed this corrupt people to continue and the issue down played.Lets expose this people as it happens or even set them up like the Adamu saga at FIFA!!! DG SEC its good you are fighting back but for me it is not the best thing,to have delayed until you were under scrutiny!!!!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by DDN: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2012
Na only dat one they demand? they no ask you for nash, i mean hot sex
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Ptimes: 3:19pm On Mar 16, 2012
Read what house of reps members had to say about the SEC boss' claim here : http://premiumtimesng.com/news/4246-sec_s_n44million_bribery_allegation_rattles_house_of_reps.html
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Ptimes: 3:24pm On Mar 16, 2012
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Demdem(m): 3:45pm On Mar 16, 2012
abegiii, all of them are theives jare. she spent hundreds of thousand for food in a day? was it a one thing or constant throughout? and so what? The retardeen intends spending 1Bilion of food this year. what has the NASS done about that.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Enice(m): 4:12pm On Mar 16, 2012
andyanders: How can the law makers stoop so low to demand just mare N 5million Naira. I think she is not telling the truth. Let her answer the questions here. We have more competent Nigerians to handle her position. You cannot just draw someone from abroad and give her the position because she worked with ADN.
hear yourself talk! So 5 million is no money? Instead of sticking to facts you are talking about being imported from abroad. Is she not a nigerian? I will not be suprised if you are one of the corrupt
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Enice(m): 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2012
yorke: Shame on you Nigeria! This Country is never going to survive unless we all go our separate ways. Lets divide, period!
St.upid post. You go your own way now? You think say if nigeria divide then everybody go change character? You never do anything for your LGA, you dey tallk about divide nigeria!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by aydott(m): 4:53pm On Mar 16, 2012
theking5: The woman is saying d truth, i watched d programme, d way d chairman of d panel was behaving towards her, u wil suspect dt something is wrong, even if there is no physical proof, she cant just come and be making such allegation, u cant imagine dis illitrate just bcs one godfather settled him wit dis political position, he now thinks he can use it to intimidate those who worked hard to be where they are, d guy cannot even speak gd english, and if his coaleagues wants to contribute, he shuns them, just bcs he has something to grind wit d D.G, left for me dt panel shld be scrapped, bcs d members has compromised themselves, bcs we know they are only working for their pocket, u cant bring all directors of d commision to come their, in d name of probe, and destroy our economy.

Its good for one to have courage but I pity her life
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by aydott(m): 4:54pm On Mar 16, 2012
it is good for one to have courage but i pty her life
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by 9ja4eva: 7:25pm On Mar 16, 2012
theking5: The woman is saying d truth, i watched d programme, d way d chairman of d panel was behaving towards her, u wil suspect dt something is wrong, even if there is no physical proof, she cant just come and be making such allegation, u cant imagine dis illitrate just bcs one godfather settled him wit dis political position, he now thinks he can use it to intimidate those who worked hard to be where they are, d guy cannot even speak gd english, and if his coaleagues wants to contribute, he shuns them, just bcs he has something to grind wit d D.G, left for me dt panel shld be scrapped, bcs d members has compromised themselves, bcs we know they are only working for their pocket, u cant bring all directors of d commision to come their, in d name of probe, and destroy our economy.

WORD

They should all be sacked. Bull shit. Let her stand up to them. Even if they use mago mago to send her away...at least she won them still.

Bunch of never do wells

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Abibat Mogaji The Real Mother Of Tinubu? / ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ / Umaru Musa Yaradua: 6 Years After His Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.