Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe (13501 Views)

Okowa’s Defence Lawyer Loses N44.6m In Delta Hotel / Unveiling The 21 Women Elected Senators & House Of Reps. Members In Nigeria / Arunma Oteh - SEC DG Sent On Compulsory Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by juman(m): 7:18pm On Mar 15, 2012
Weak national assembly is one of the key problem of the country. They don't do their oversight functions well, that's why things are upside down.

nigeria will never and ever be a great nation the way they run it.

Our solution is break up.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Enice(m): 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2012
please do not call God's name on this issue, and all you haters of Nigeria, leave the country for those that care about her. Before now, probes like this would been dead on arrival. This shows that things are getting better. the cup is half full not half empty
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by ziccoit: 7:27pm On Mar 15, 2012
I said it somewhere that monkey de carry monkey climb palm tree. Nigeria I hail ooo. Mo gbedi fun yin ooo. grin grin
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Engineer96(m): 7:30pm On Mar 15, 2012
The allegation levelled against the DG were false. I listened to her submissions today. She was not given a fair hearing. Going by the contents of her letter of appointment which she submitted today, she did not collect all that was meant for her. Rather, she collected what she actually spent.
The DG shocked me and indeed all listening Nigerians when she made us understand that the documents being paraded by the house members were falsified just to rubish her but I thank God for her courage.
The said chairman collected money for a trip in 2009 and did not eventually travel and he pocketed the money.
Uneducated, unelected self serving fools calling themselves 'honorables'.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by demmy07: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2012
the woman is hot

guys check out mikeadenuga.com
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by member479760: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2012
The woman mouth just dey leak like her toto! na today bribe start for this country.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by andyanders: 7:55pm On Mar 15, 2012
How can the law makers stoop so low to demand just mare N 5million Naira. I think she is not telling the truth. Let her answer the questions here. We have more competent Nigerians to handle her position. You cannot just draw someone from abroad and give her the position because she worked with ADN.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by 13volts(m): 8:25pm On Mar 15, 2012
Just remember a thrend

ALL TRIBES CONTRIBUTED TO THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS COUNTRY.

I wonder the kind of insult this lady would have received if she was a Muslim from the north.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by muyoto: 8:30pm On Mar 15, 2012
NASS just can't help but outdo themselves when it comes to controversy, especially that bordering on illegal money. nonsense angry
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Paultue: 8:50pm On Mar 15, 2012
I SALUTE HER COURAGE. KEEP IT UP, SPEAK AND STAND FOR THE TRUTH THAT WILL SET YOU FREE.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by soladisc: 8:52pm On Mar 15, 2012
The committee chair should defend the allegation against him. she did not collect the money being accused her of, the hotel bills were bieng paid for when the commission could not provide her with accommodation when she resumed as DG. These expenses (excluding the ones fabricated by the committee chair)was not approved by her but the commissioners. Its common knowledge that to scale through a house invitation/hearing/probe you must pay your way through, a practise she refuse to succumb to.

SEC DG, the enemies are within, next time watch your back!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by bissalla: 8:57pm On Mar 15, 2012
@ theking5

You got the point. The guy has been paid to intimidate this woman, and I am happy she is not caving in. I know the National Assembly very well, most committees always approach ministries and agencies to sponsor public hearings and all kinds of funny trips abroad. There is an element of truth in what she is saying.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:58pm On Mar 15, 2012
theking5: The woman is saying d truth, i watched d programme, d way d chairman of d panel was behaving towards her, u wil suspect dt something is wrong, even if there is no physical proof, she cant just come and be making such allegation, u cant imagine dis illitrate just bcs one godfather settled him wit dis political position, he now thinks he can use it to intimidate those who worked hard to be where they are, d guy cannot even speak gd english, and if his coaleagues wants to contribute, he shuns them, just bcs he has something to grind wit d D.G, left for me dt panel shld be scrapped, bcs d members has compromised themselves, bcs we know they are only working for their pocket, u cant bring all directors of d commision to come their, in d name of probe, and destroy our economy.

U got to know all d above by merely watching tv? Wow. I need ur phone number, the CIA needs u asap.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by joe4christ(m): 9:01pm On Mar 15, 2012
[size=15pt] 9ja me hail thee o, a currupt people + corrupt leaders = Corrupt Nation.

Sincerely is the black race cursed? Cos i'm damn dissapointed to be identified with this s.h.!.T. I'm so so dissapointed.[/size]
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by soladisc: 9:02pm On Mar 15, 2012
andyanders: How can the law makers stoop so low to demand just mare N 5million Naira. I think she is not telling the truth. Let her answer the questions here. We have more competent Nigerians to handle her position. You cannot just draw someone from abroad and give her the position because she worked with ADN.

Yes they demanded for 5million to help augment the cost of organising the public hearing. Are u surprised? please dont be this is Nigeria. I was surprised the committee chair continually refers to the head of Human resources as HEAD OF HUMAN RIGHT and HEAD OF HUMAN RELATIONS more than four times despite being corrrected severally yesterday and today. Well, i'm not surprised he is still battling with the fact that his younger brother applied for SEC job recently but was not selected even after lobbying, so the need to discredit the SEC DG
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by joe4christ(m): 9:04pm On Mar 15, 2012
Now i see reasons with micheal jackson. Chai, black race.

Lord have mercy!
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by dustydee: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
soladisc: The committee chair should defend the allegation against him. she did not collect the money being accused her of, the hotel bills were bieng paid for when the commission could not provide her with accommodation when she resumed as DG. These expenses (excluding the ones fabricated by the committee chair)was not approved by her but the commissioners. Its common knowledge that to scale through a house invitation/hearing/probe you must pay your way through, a practise she refuse to succumb to.

SEC DG, the enemies are within, next time watch your back!
Really? Is it the commissions' business to provide accommodation for her for 8 months? The access bank guys- was she right to have engaged them? What is wrong is wrong whether they demanded bribe or not.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by clip: 9:24pm On Mar 15, 2012
I was previledged to watch today' hearing. We may say that the Hon. Want to disgrace her, but to me she played into their hand.
Firstly, staying in an hotel for 8month with the commission money. When the law allow 28days. I do not think any reason point to justify the stay
Secondly,asking for accommodation to be paid by commission,knowing fully well that the monetization law is on.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by merengue: 9:40pm On Mar 15, 2012
Obviously the legislators demanded the bribe and its also obvious that the woman is a thief. So who will bell the cat now?
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by iluvnaija: 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2012
A former governor trying to sell Obama's senate seat is heading for jail now. That is to tell you any Americans are taking corruption seriously. All this people in Government would have been heading for jail now if Buhari was elected as president, instead NIGERIANS chose to remain in darkness and continue to complain and hope that God will come from heaven to change things when they have the only opportunity to do that they refuse because of tribal and ethnic sentiments.

Stop complaining and enjoy GEJ FRESH(Fart)AIR.

1 Like

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by samafo: 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2012
I am not surprise. useless people.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by jesse8048(m): 9:43pm On Mar 15, 2012
tongue[b][/b][s][/s] both woman and d law makers are criminals, new story everyday
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by soladisc: 9:45pm On Mar 15, 2012
[/quote][quote]
Really? Is it the commissions' business to provide accommodation for her for 8 months? The access bank guys- was she right to have engaged them? What is wrong is wrong whether they demanded bribe or not.

@dustydee

The accessbank guys are on secondment to SEC and not on SEC payroll, and that why they refer to them as ACCESSBANK STAFFS not SEC staffs, secondly since there is nothing wrong with the honourable demanding bribe from her as you have stated , what moral justification do they have to probe her? Please be guided
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by babaowo: 9:50pm On Mar 15, 2012
They are all birds of same feathers
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Yeske2(m): 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2012
Hope she has proofs or else. . ..
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Zaynee63: 10:15pm On Mar 15, 2012
angry I still do not see clearly what wrong she has done here? Is she not entitled to appropriate accomodstion thst is conducive to her job? I don't know what makes it for her to have approved SEC's renting of d house for her but is it not better than having her steal the money while abdicating her responsibilities that she has so diligently paid attention to?

They accuse her of spending so much money on feeding on certain days,I think that is ridiculous. It is not out of place to spend like that to lunch and dine once in a while. My boss is not a spendthrift but he has spent about 100k right in my presence to get several of us lunch at a restuarant because he had some visiting guests to impress.

I think the legislators are just out to witchunt and blackmail people here cause they don't even seem to have the required the least required level of expertise to audit SECas they are attempting to do
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by klas(m): 12:06am On Mar 16, 2012
These dumb legislators are able to get away with sh.it because they know some if not most nigerians are dumber.

Someone above queried why she should stay in the hotel after 56 days. Like seriously? Should she packed into the street when her organisation was yet to provide accomodation as required under her contract just because the fabled 56 days expired. Let the SEC convert the hotel bills they paid after the 56 days to the rent thay would have paid for her house in the excess period.

For those parroting monetisation. Are CBN governor and his deputies, Inspector general of police, efcc chairman, military service chiefs, supreme court judges and others living in their personally rented houses? With the so-called monetisation, why is each member of national assembly having official cars for the so called committe work?

As for the allegation of N850k food in one day. Except that the legislators just want to be sensational, they should provide the details of the diners and the menu.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by gene1(m): 12:07am On Mar 16, 2012
Best Job opportunities? look no further...

Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Remii(m): 12:22am On Mar 16, 2012
For sure Nigeria is under Kakistocracy, government by the worst of the people. How much money is enough for these thieves in power? People say Police take bribe because of poor working conditions, what is the excuse of NASS, they make so much money legitimately for doing so little yet they are unbelievably corrupt, rumors have that ministries can't get budget allocations approved without bribe, multinationals can stall pro-people bills, if they found it "harsh" to their interests with bribes, Oh Nigeria we hate thee.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 16, 2012
Where is the law to hold the law maker? That country angers me to the highest point. I hate these leaders, and I do with passion.
Re: Arunma Oteh, SEC Boss, Says House Of Reps Members Demanded N44 Million Bribe by Nairaboi(m): 3:46am On Mar 16, 2012
theking5: The woman is saying d truth, i watched d programme, d way d chairman of d panel was behaving towards her, u wil suspect dt something is wrong, even if there is no physical proof, she cant just come and be making such allegation, u cant imagine dis illitrate just bcs one godfather settled him wit dis political position, he now thinks he can use it to intimidate those who worked hard to be where they are, d guy cannot even speak gd english, and if his coaleagues wants to contribute, he shuns them, just bcs he has something to grind wit d D.G, left for me dt panel shld be scrapped, bcs d members has compromised themselves, bcs we know they are only working for their pocket, u cant bring all directors of d commision to come their, in d name of probe, and destroy our economy.
. Are u so daft or stupid? N who told u Hon. Hembe is an illitrate. U beta behave urself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corporate Forum Endorses Jonathan / Senate Moves To Upturn Odili’s Perpetual Injunction - The Sun / Atiku To Address The Nation By 9am Today Via Twitter & Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.