Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission (4367 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan: Silence Is No More Golden By Abiodun Ladepo / Meet Hon. Abiodun Faleke, The Running Mate Of The Late Abubakar Audu / Saraki Spotted At The Cinema With His Children In Ilorin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Nchara: 12:14am On Mar 17, 2012
SOUTH-WEST REPORT
DANGER!
The growing army of Ibadan street kids
…NURTW threatens woman for keeping urchins off street

If you are held up by the traffic light at the Mokola Roundabout, Ibadan, Oyo State, a gang of kids would besiege your car and begin to wash the wind screen, whether you want it or not. They do it and sometimes leave it dirtier than it was.
If you are unsatisfied and refuse to give them the expected tip, you are sure to have your windscreen smeared. And God help you if your window is wound down, your face too would get splashed with soap water or even spit.

Meet Ibadan’s street kids, they are potentially deadly. They are everywhere in Ibadan and growing in population. Some of them are as young as three years. They report to the street urchins who hide under the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) to foment trouble. To survive, these kids run errands for these thugs, steal, pick pocket or just wait till death comes.

But a flicker of hope exists if the activities of Nazareth Home, run by Abiodun Adeola, a graduate of Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ogun State, are anything to go by. She believes if the society continues to fold its arms and watch, these kids would grow and unleash terror on the society. They would replicate the Totenham, London riots of August 2011, where youths looted, burnt and unleashed mayhem on the city of London. Adeola is of the opinion that they would do worse things.

Sometime in 2009, while still in the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), this 30 year-old lady decided to embark on a night journey to Abuja from Ibadan. At about 10pm at the Iwo Road motor park, she saw a group of kids under the popular Iwo Road Bridge: “I was touched.” I asked myself, if there was no one in Ibadan to help these children? Do I need millions to touch lives? I could use the little I have to make an impact.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/mar/16/national-16-03-2012-021.html
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Nchara: 12:15am On Mar 17, 2012
Oduasolja and other urchins engage your rabid selves here.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Yeske2(m): 6:55am On Mar 17, 2012
The Oyo state government should do something fast before these kids morph into future suicide bombers, imagine being agents to NURTW urchins? NURTW is not even happy with the young lady trying to help
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Nchara: 4:41pm On Mar 17, 2012
na wa oh!
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by manchy7531: 5:47pm On Mar 17, 2012
na today una dey know say odua na the next almarjiri nation after North.North sef still better cos 4 odua na so so half naked/naked beggers you go dey see plus mad people wey dey plenty for road like say them dey do canival.

All na wetin Awo don produce from him fake free education whey dem no fit defend(forgery). some people talk say na part for the biafran curse(no be me talk am oooo),very soon tragedy go enter the land come destory them.The anger of the lord is already visiting odua.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Afam4eva(m): 5:49pm On Mar 17, 2012
Una no dey tire?
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by babaowo: 5:50pm On Mar 17, 2012
i don't like to ansa on tribalsm but i will want some ppl here to caution their fellow brother's who have kin interest in taking their cousin's ,brother's ,inlaws abroad in other to sell their human organ parts i will not mention tribes cos i believed they know themselves.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by papatosibe: 5:55pm On Mar 17, 2012
^^^^

They know themselves and we know them too.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by babaowo: 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
@onyewec3....nah wha for you oooo! Which motor garrage in naija that doesn't have agberocos Had been to many years back.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by ekwynwa: 5:58pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

SW almajiris, grin it really sucks to be a slave tongue tongue
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by babaowo: 6:02pm On Mar 17, 2012
if not for aunty DORA Some tribes might have killed their own generations cos of fakes drugs,cos when they 1st produces or imports it,they will sell for their people, Thanks to aunty dora who openly confessed this.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Ninilowo(m): 6:09pm On Mar 17, 2012
Which one is "yaruba" in this case? Cant we treat issues without without attacking tribe or religion?

2 Likes

Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by wehla(m): 6:51pm On Mar 17, 2012
Point of correction: 90% of those are hausa/fulani are children. I do go to Ibadan and had confirmed it. Many igbo enjoyed Awolowo free education those days.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by ismobadmus(m): 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
It would have been very better, safe & peaceful 4 naija if Gowon (North + SW) don exterminate these VIRUS (SE) spreading through nigeria every second during that civil war 1967-1970... They know nothing xcept stealing on the Highway in d dead of the 9yt, rituals & opening shops everywhere 2 start selling stolen Goods(spare parts etc) killing theirself childrens everyday & other innocent nigerians with FAKE DRUGS @ onitsha drug markets... Bunch of illiterates... Onyara Ndi-igbo indeed!
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Afam4eva(m): 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2012
wehla: Point of correction: 90% of those are hausa/fulani are children. I do go to Ibadan and had confirmed it. Many igbo enjoyed Awolowo free education those days.

What has that got to do with the topic?

1 Like

Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by noiseless: 6:57pm On Mar 17, 2012
Low quality drugs was as result of your heartless brthers in power, not giving a damn to the healthcare system in the country just because they can use their loots to travel to overseas for medical attentions, so your only choice is the low quality drugs of which, if they cared about your health they could build a better healthcare system for you, but they don't even wanna know if you exist but you would be the first to jump to commit murdered to defend them. How about the Yoruba "TARADIISEEONALI MEDICINE" they hawk all over africa and claim it cures "HEFERI SIKINESI",whose falt is that?
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by ekitikan(m): 9:01pm On Mar 17, 2012
ak47mann: am seriously hitting some nerves don't start with me boy, compare to me you sound amateur winkyeah don't start with AK i will make your life misery,we are not the same mate is obvious;you are the tribalist, you Faggs cant fight me because i meant to be if you try you will fight AK internally,i can drop some japs that will wrap up your whole life mumu cool

Cant y'all behave maturedly,no wonder there would not be any meaningful development in this country. I weep for this wasted generation.

2 Likes

Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Yeske2(m): 9:21pm On Mar 17, 2012
ismobadmus: It would have been very better, safe & peaceful 4 naija if Gowon (North + SW) don exterminate these VIRUS (SE) spreading through nigeria every second during that civil war 1967-1970... They know nothing xcept stealing on the Highway in d dead of the 9yt, rituals & opening shops everywhere 2 start selling stolen Goods(spare parts etc) killing theirself childrens everyday & other innocent nigerians with FAKE DRUGS @ onitsha drug markets... Bunch of illiterates... Onyara Ndi-igbo indeed!
You fell from the sky or what?
Instead of proffering solutions to an endemic problem in the SW, you are here talking jazz abi ki lon shi e gan? So it is 'fake drugs' that caused the almajiri problem in your homeland?
Are you not ashamed that the same people you wished exterminated during the Biafran war are way high above you the 'conquerors' and trying to help? Watch your back, Oni iranu.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Yeske2(m): 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2012
ekitikan:

Cant y'all behave maturedly,no wonder there would not be any meaningful development in this country. I weep for this wasted generation.
Until you tell your comrades in e-arm to behave and stop acting silly.
Imagine, we have a grave problem waiting to explode in the SW and we are trying to quell the the impending catastrophe and some eediots are here talking poo, even the young lady trying to help in Ibadan would be shocked.
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Seun(m): 11:27pm On Mar 17, 2012
Back to the topic please; the tribalistic disrupters have been banned from the Politics section
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Dainfamous: 12:44am On Mar 18, 2012
watch this news from aljerzera talking about the real truth behind boko haram.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_ZeHMb4t4k
Re: Street Children In Ibadan: Abiodun Adeola's Mission by Dainfamous: 12:47am On Mar 18, 2012
^^

the videos tells me that western countries read our comment in NL a lot of truth was told

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things You Never Knew About AISHA BUHARI (pics) / Lets Form A Youth Political Party That Will Be The Main Opposition In Nigeria / US Report On Igbos!!! Not Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.