Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,827 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day (2915 Views)

Checkout This Emotional Pic That A FB Husband Used To Celebrate "Mother's Day" / See The Nasty Photo Guy Posted To Celebrate Mother's Day / How Did Your Family Celebrate Nigeria's Victory Yesterday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by PatKing(f): 10:53am On Mar 18, 2012
I don't know how to start...
Last year, I was was away having a baby, didn't celebrate mothers day,
The other year, we went to MIL's house to celebrate with her.
Today, we are also going to MIL's house to celebrate with her.
I am thinking,
1. When will I be celebrated?
2. Should I wait for my little kids to grow up and celebrate me, on mothers day?
3. Am I being crazy, thinking it's me that should be celebrated while we visit MIL say an hr ... Then leave her with the single children to celebrate the day?
4. Is it not a day for Hubby to celebrate and appreciate the mother of his kids?
My solutions:
1. Will refuse to go. Tell Hubby to go celebrate, while I take my kids out on a special treat on me, marking a special day ... Do You smell trouble here?
2. Get a Cake, follow Hubby, then after an hr, I take my kids for our special treat, while leaving Hubby to celebrate with his siblings. Sounds better though.
3. This is a man that cherish such a day so much that he stopped his visiting brother from traveling, just to mark this special day! 
Pls advise me pls, I really need a kind of Desperate-House-Wife kind of a thing to do about this, while keeping my cool and smiling.

NB: am having a wonderful and stable Home, but, I feel what need to be done should be done well... Thank you very much.
Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by wiseman2011(m): 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2012
hi. u are not to celebrate the mother's day for your kids is they are responsibilities to celebrate the love they have for you and if they are still young them you have to wait for your time madam or go and celebrate with your own mother alongside with your children.lol.
Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
ok
Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by Brite02(m): 4:41pm On Mar 18, 2012
By showing love and affection to one another :- even christ said 'if you can't love people you see then you can't love me.\
Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by t4thayour: 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2012
@poster: no matter how funny or real ur intentions might be, i beg u in d name of God not 2 allow d devil into ur sweet home bcoz of d trivialties of wify-MIL rivalry/jealousy (every woman knows exactly what i mean!). Who says a man that cares so much about his MUM does not know d wife needs 2b celebrated? By d way, itz MOTHERS' & not LOVERS' day. So while he celebrates his mum since she's still alive, pls patiently groom ur children 2d point when they will grow & naturally learn 2 celebrate u. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by kelz88(f): 5:16pm On Mar 18, 2012
He should have made it special by celebrating it with just you on your first mother's day. Maybe seeing as his mom is still alive he would rather celebrate it with both of you. . . .?? Let him know you would like it to just be you guys next time. Shouldn't be a biggie.
Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2012
You had your own moment on feb 14,this is his own mama's day,WAIT FOR UR TYM,and scare d devil or be desperate and welcome d devil into ur sweet home,d choice is yours?
Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by lt4u(m): 8:50pm On Mar 18, 2012
Pls, do not allow the devil into ur sweet home. Celebrate with ur MIL & wait for the time ur children will celebrate u.
Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by PatKing(f): 9:07pm On Mar 18, 2012
Thank you all for your wonderful contributions...
Your advice are well noted, all came from genuine hearts.
The day went well... OptiOn 2, was applied.
Hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Good night.
Re: How Should A Family Celebrate Mother's Day by GP15: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2012
All you Nigerians posting "Happy Mother's Day", pls stop throwing some of us off. Mother's Day in the U.S. is not until May . My dumb@$$ woke my mother up this morning to wish her a Mother's Day & she almost cussed me out in IGBO, thinking I was hungover...smh*

(1) (Reply)

Carpool In Lagos / The Michael Adebowale’s Tale: Why London Is No Place For A Young Black Man / Check Out The Toys Some Parents Bought For Their Kids To Play With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.