Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. (3630 Views)

Please Which MTN Tariff Is The Best For Making Calls / New MTN Tariff Plans: Which One Should I Choose? / New MTN Tariff Plans: F&F Xpanded, Funlink Reloaded, & Super Saver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by Nobody: 11:51am On Mar 18, 2012
Its been hard for me to move from MTN to another network because my Mum feels its cheaper for her to call me on net calls than from MTN to Glo/etisalat/airtel.
But MTN just destroyed my last faith in them this morning. This wasnt the first time i made a call today but i have been fuming about their call rates since morning. Imagine i paid N60 for 1min 59secs to another MTN number. Mind you that was not the first time i made a call to that same number today,like the fifth time and i'm on the friends and family stuff. I'm just mad and i want to change this goddamn MTN. good riddance to bad rubbish.

Please someone recommend which network has the cheapest tariff on net and off net calls so i can make the change with ease. i want to say goodbye to MTN once and for all.

Thanks.
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by aieromon(m): 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2012
I'm very comfortable using my Glo line to call all networks at N15/min so you can have it as a second line.I say second line because regardless of the outrageous tariffs,MTN is the most consistent network provider in terms of quality and coverage.

3 Likes

Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by amblors(m): 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2012
I hear people complain a lot about mtn. They say the 200mb cap for the BCM is too small, I used it and it seems to b a whole lot more than dat. MTN is the most consistent network in naija. @least IMO. If ur line gets cazy billing,u change it.
I use this glo infinito where u call one special numba for abt N1.20/min, duno how much the rest on-net/offnet calls are. U could take a look @ dat.
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by debedebe(m): 4:08pm On Mar 18, 2012
aieromon: I'm very comfortable using my Glo line to call all networks at N15/min so you can have it as a second line.I say second line because regardless of the outrageous tariffs,MTN is the most consistent network provider in terms of quality and coverage.
Exactly dats what i do, Mtn suck imagine after loading 100 i was able 2 call 4 only 2mins 20secs...bullsh*t.. Glo rule
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by ITbomb(m): 8:54pm On Mar 20, 2012
can't get enough on my glo infinito
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by doofanc: 8:46pm On Mar 22, 2012
Airtel is simply the best when it comes to tariffs.

Though i'm not sure of the exact rate now, i think their inter-network is about N13. With just abt N500 in my balance, i talked for close to 45mins to an mtn line.
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by ITbomb(m): 12:17am On Mar 23, 2012
doofanc: Airtel is simply the best when it comes to tariffs.

Though i'm not sure of the exact rate now, i think their inter-network is about N13. With just abt N500 in my balance, i talked for close to 45mins to an mtn line.
Confirmed. Airtel is the best to any network, but just after the first minute.
I still dont understand why airtel to mtn is cheaper than mtn to mtn. Any explanation?
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by aieromon(m): 12:40am On Mar 23, 2012
ITbomb:
Confirmed. Airtel is the best to any network, but just after the first minute.
I still dont understand why airtel to mtn is cheaper than mtn to mtn. Any explanation?
MTN Nigeria is just exploitative.I made calls from Ghana using my MTN line and called MTN Nigeria at N20/min. shocked shocked
Why should it cost me less to call Glo-MTN than MTN-MTN?I really don't know
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by chinedumo(m): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2012
[size=13pt]your post portrays you as living in Nigeria[/size]
diluminati: Its been hard for me to move from MTN to another network because my Mum feels its cheaper for her to call me on net calls than from MTN to Glo/etisalat/airtel.
But MTN just destroyed my last faith in them this morning. This wasnt the first time i made a call today but i have been fuming about their call rates since morning. Imagine i paid N60 for 1min 59secs to another MTN number. Mind you that was not the first time i made a call to that same number today,like the fifth time and i'm on the friends and family stuff. I'm just mad and i want to change this goddamn MTN. good riddance to bad rubbish.

Please someone recommend which network has the cheapest tariff on net and off net calls so i can make the change with ease. i want to say goodbye to MTN once and for all.

Thanks.
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by DammyFx: 7:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
Etisalat is the best for me
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by yahoo2(m): 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2012
My MTN line is used in receiving calls and calling peeps on my family and friends list. I dare not call any other MTN line with it talkless of other networks. I use Glo to call all networks at 15 Naira per minute. Imagine, calling MTN line with my Glo is even cheaper than calling MTN line with my MTN
I smh to MTN

Another good network is Etisalat. If you are on blackberry plan or you subscribe to any internet bundle from them, you get to call any network at 20k per sec. which amount to N12 per min.
Re: MTN Tariff Is So Damn Expensive. Please Recommend A Cheap Network Tariff For Me. by luluosas(m): 6:18pm On Jul 15, 2012
diluminati: Its been hard for me to move from MTN to another network because my Mum feels its cheaper for her to call me on net calls than from MTN to Glo/etisalat/airtel.

Thanks.
Although this your post is since march, I will still recommend you a network.
I invite you to use Glo Flexi Plan. It discounts 'all' your Glo-To-Glo calls between 10% -50%. And no matter the percentage displaying on your screen at any time, all your Glo calls are less than N10/min.
Calls to other network is charge at 25k/sec (N15/min). This is the plan I have been using since it was launched last year. Try it today by dialing *135*1# now. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.10 Replacement Battery Any Idea / Get 100% Bonus On All Recharges You Make Via MTN / TECNO, Infinix And Itel Are Different Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.