Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? (11564 Views)

Photo: A Nigerian Pastor And A World Pope. Spot The Difference / Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics / How To Be A Nigerian Pastor – By Segun Dada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by hardbody: 11:31pm On Mar 18, 2012
All u need is a strong oratorial skill, brilliant dramatic skills, psychological skills to see fear and gullibility, a desire to cheat, defraud and obtain and a gullible and fickle minded audience

1 Like

Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Ogamgil(f): 11:43pm On Mar 18, 2012
seechris:

And after 8years in the seminary they come out like starved hyenas preying on innocent girls and drinking for the lost years,feeding fat on the church welfare just to recite some quotes from a book durin the mass every sunday! Its all bullsh except for a selected few.
I pity u 4 what u hav said. Let me just say its ignorance that made u commit such heresy. Better bend down on ur knees and beg God 4 forgiveness before the rot of God befalls u.
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by saska1122: 11:54pm On Mar 18, 2012
Ogamgil: I pity u 4 what u hav said. Let me just say its ignorance that made u commit such heresy. Better bend down on ur knees and beg God 4 forgiveness before the rot of God befalls u.

@Ogamgil, I am a Catholic and very close to the church presbytery. The guy maybe wrong in making a generalization, but most persons going into the catholic priesthood these days leave many questions about their vocation. Paul admonished us to live a life worthy of our callings. Yes, a catholic priest is well educated in theology, philosophy,mission, church history etc, but they need to earn the confidence of the congregation by showing that they understood their VOW of Celibacy. Or at least hide some of their escapades.
We need to say the truth NO MATTER HOW BITTER.
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Mar 18, 2012
adonisgold: All u need is a Bible.

You mean the Roman catholic bible.
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Ivynwa(f): 12:05am On Mar 19, 2012
Ogamgil: I pity u 4 what u hav said. Let me just say its ignorance that made u commit such heresy. Better bend down on ur knees and beg God 4 forgiveness before the rot of God befalls u.

Please where is the false thing in what Seechris said? He didn't generalize----he said that some priests do not and he did not lie. I was born into a catholic home, grew up as a catholic choir girl(all round churchy yet I grew up and made decisions for myself and chose the mode of worship I prefer). I always defend the catholic church because i still consider it my mother/home-church but what this person said right now and right here is the truth girlfriend. Some of those guilty priests should be ashamed of themselves and stop soiling the catholic church, they feed on the church and do all kind of rubbish---if it is not so-do-m-izing children, it is women. One of them came clean the other day and fessed up to having a child somewhere and wanting to leave priesthood to go be with his family (the church was not happy that this same child has been reared with church goer's money). Two priests killed themselves (i think they hired people to do the job) in Southern America recently because they have been so-d-o-mizing themselves and got scared after they [/b]discovered they both have HIV. I guess i shouldn't give more examples so as to cover us up a bit.

The big question should be [b]why is the Catholic church not allowing these men to have their wives and children, do they like all these sad stories dainting their image?
These men are human and will forever have urges like human so why don't they be legally allowed to have spouses so that they can channel that energy good instead of affecting/ruining the lives of others with it.Only a person that knows in his/her heart that they want to dedicate their body and soul to the service of God should be allowed to do that in truthfulness not every person rushing to go be a reverend father and sister and make his mother and father proud and become the talk of the neighbourhood etc. The truth is sometimes bitter but the truth will always be the truth dearie.

Yet it is humans like these that some people worship and adore as pastors and almighty priests. Respect the man of God, yes but don't worship, adore, allow him/her run your life or dictate your future/pace/family with his own loads of imperfections heaving down his shoulder----that is what we are saying that people should begin to do and quit being deceived by some bad persons in the name of religion.
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by achi4u(m): 12:14am On Mar 19, 2012
nothing much @op,jus buy one OK suit with tire then assembly am with CHINA challi challi shoe,look for any govt scondary or primary school near you,hire like ten plastic chairs and try construct one tall glass box where you place your bible...
...ehmmm what again?
yes...arrange like 3hot babes with with nice painting on their signboard(facese).
NB:remember to appear like richmen or else you scale some away.AM COMING!
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by numo86(m): 12:15am On Mar 19, 2012
@poster....is it d university education that matters more or d basic understanding of d scriptures??
All those clerics u claimed read medicine,philosophy,sociology and d rest,how has it rilli helped them understand d bible
D apostles were barely learned men..they were ordinary men that understood d mosaic law and later were inspired τ̣̣̥
O̶̲̥̅̊
pen down d greek scriptures...
My pointworldly education has notin τ̣̣̥
O̶̲̥̅̊
do with 1 who qualifies τ̣̣̥
O̶̲̥̅̊
serve as an overseer in a congregation...reading d bible daily and applying what is learnt is what qualifies 1...1timothy 3:1-10 shows us those qualifications......
After all it is still this same learned clerics that still can't understand that homosexuals will not inherit Gods kingdom..we have gay priests and bishops in the top churches today..didn't there theological schools teach them what God hates??...these are d same clerics that still can't understand that true christians shouldn't engage in wars.......
All there going τ̣̣̥
O̶̲̥̅̊
d university and theological schools barely teach them that.....
It is this same clerics who would bow down τ̣̣̥
O̶̲̥̅̊
images and worship them and claim they are just honouring it.....
Study d lives of d apostles and early christians and understand that it is not ur education dat matters,it is allowing d holy spirit help us with thorough understanding and also giving us d strength τ̣̣̥
O̶̲̥̅̊
apply what we learn........
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by yemclef(m): 12:30am On Mar 19, 2012
All u need is your Bible
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by probably: 12:48am On Mar 19, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmm. Very strange
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Nobody: 1:46am On Mar 19, 2012
adonisgold: All u need is a Bible.

Aigbofa: A bible, a white flowing garment and a sugar coated tongue.

antartica: Just be a sweet talker and be ready to stand by and defend yours lies without blinking.Especially at the point where you are literally forcing people to give the offerings they did not intend to give becuase god said so,that one dollar you about to give,change it ten dollars for more blessing.That point is very crucial because rational people would have easily read that something is amiss.It can kind be likened to oyinbo mugus falling for the 19 gangs,totally under spell.

mrkoma2012: jst ve a sweet tongue

Ayodhejjy: it require confidence wit sugar cotted mouth. With this, sky is d startin point. Plenty judgemnt for heaven

hardbody: All u need is a strong oratorial skill, brilliant dramatic skills, psychological skills to see fear and gullibility, a desire to cheat, defraud and obtain and a gullible and fickle minded audience

achi4u: nothing much @op,jus buy one OK suit with tire then assembly am with CHINA challi challi shoe,look for any govt scondary or primary school near you,hire like ten plastic chairs and try construct one tall glass box where you place your bible...
...ehmmm what again?
yes...arrange like 3hot babes with with nice painting on their signboard(facese).
NB:remember to appear like richmen or else you scale some away.AM COMING!

yemclef: All u need is your Bible

[size=14pt]ALLELUJAH!!!!![/size]
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Nobody: 1:59am On Mar 19, 2012
muyoto: you need a calling

Bet you've never been told that God does not call the qualified? grin grin grin
How else do you think all those Mummy G.Os get their calling?
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by bakila: 2:19am On Mar 19, 2012
chuks49: @ivynwa 4 d weapons of our warfare re not canal, they re mighty in d pulling down of stronghold. As 4 d cuttlass man need defend himself against d spirit of boko, if u call haram na u sabi.
RFLMAO@ FIGHTING Spirit of Boko with cutless. FRSC no de stay for road again cos of fear you carry Cutlass, damn basketmouth need go school for your church.

Wait! That was advertisement right?
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by eghost247(m): 2:59am On Mar 19, 2012
Aigbofa: A bible, a white flowing garment and a sugar coated tongue.
Lol
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Pakavy(m): 3:00am On Mar 19, 2012
Ivynwa:

Please where is the false thing in what Seechris said? He didn't generalize----he said that some priests do not and he did not lie. I was born into a catholic home, grew up as a catholic choir girl(all round churchy yet I grew up and made decisions for myself and chose the mode of worship I prefer). I always defend the catholic church because i still consider it my mother/home-church but what this person said right now and right here is the truth girlfriend. Some of those guilty priests should be ashamed of themselves and stop soiling the catholic church, they feed on the church and do all kind of rubbish---if it is not so-do-m-izing children, it is women. One of them came clean the other day and fessed up to having a child somewhere and wanting to leave priesthood to go be with his family (the church was not happy that this same child has been reared with church goer's money). Two priests killed themselves (i think they hired people to do the job) in Southern America recently because they have been so-d-o-mizing themselves and got scared after they [/b]discovered they both have HIV. I guess i shouldn't give more examples so as to cover us up a bit.

The big question should be [b]why is the Catholic church not allowing these men to have their wives and children, do they like all these sad stories dainting their image?
These men are human and will forever have urges like human so why don't they be legally allowed to have spouses so that they can channel that energy good instead of affecting/ruining the lives of others with it.Only a person that knows in his/her heart that they want to dedicate their body and soul to the service of God should be allowed to do that in truthfulness not every person rushing to go be a reverend father and sister and make his mother and father proud and become the talk of the neighbourhood etc. The truth is sometimes bitter but the truth will always be the truth dearie.

Yet it is humans like these that some people worship and adore as pastors and almighty priests. Respect the man of God, yes but don't worship, adore, allow him/her run your life or dictate your future/pace/family with his own loads of imperfections heaving down his shoulder----that is what we are saying that people should begin to do and quit being deceived by some bad persons in the name of religion.
c preaching!!r u a pastor?!
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Musiwa13: 4:53am On Mar 19, 2012
h
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Musiwa13: 4:58am On Mar 19, 2012
t
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Musiwa13: 5:05am On Mar 19, 2012
th
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Musiwa13: 5:14am On Mar 19, 2012
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Musiwa13: 5:38am On Mar 19, 2012
[i
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Musiwa13: 5:59am On Mar 19, 2012
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by musiwa46: 6:15am On Mar 19, 2012
Musiwa,:

Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by musiwa46: 6:16am On Mar 19, 2012
Musiwa,:

Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by musiwa46: 6:17am On Mar 19, 2012
Musiwa,:

Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by betrani(m): 6:41am On Mar 19, 2012
Just the talent or ability to work on psychologies. Most important requirement of them all. With this ur good to go.
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by mikron(m): 7:24am On Mar 19, 2012
U need the calling and make sure u attend a theological school
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Lovine: 7:29am On Mar 19, 2012
Why all this talks about Pastors? What about fetish priests, and Chief Imams?
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 19, 2012
yemclef: All u need is your Bible

For wetin ? To 'scripturalized' your lies and spiritual stealing abi ?
Abeg all it takes to be a successful pastor is learn the fraud from a successful fraudster like oyedepo,Adeboye and oyakilome.then,you will graduate to establish your own business too.You must have enough swag,know how to lie and shout,use drug,launder money for politicians,you must know how to organize fake miracle and use jazz/basic knowledge of astrology so you can prophesize,you must also belong to a powerful cult group like ogboni for spiritual assistance.If you can follow some of these tips,the sky is your limit and you will be successful like carlos hendu slim.
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Nobody: 8:01am On Mar 19, 2012
Lovine: Why all this talks about Pastors? What about fetish priests, and Chief Imams?

Abegi,how many priests or imams own 4 supersonic jets like Adeboye and Adeboye,ride in long convoy of assorted range rovers and landcruisers,live in mansion and have billions of nairas in their accounts ? Nigerian pastors have turned the church into the fastest growing business in Nigeria.Pope must be disappointed at what christainity has become in Nigeria cuz marthin luther didnt see all these when he canvassed for secularism of the church.
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by lastpage: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2012
SegzyJoe: Your mistake is to think that academic qualification could substitute for anointing. Unfortunately, God is not looking for the qualified, He only need the available. It is the same way and reason why Jesus looked for the uneducated like Peter and others who were shine lights at the expense of the well read, learned Pharisees, Sadducis among others. God looks for those that make themselves available, the weak, illiterate, even the mr nobody. God likes to use nothing to bring out something. That is why it pleased God to use the simplicity of the gospel to save mankind, instead of subjecting salvation to rigorous academic and intellectual debates. Qualification to be a pastor is not about academic pedigree, it is about the book of life, the bible and the Holy Spirit.

Thank you jare, Pastor SegzyJoe! Preach for them and let them hear it. Preach Pastorrr!! kiss kiss
They think "academic qualification" is what God needs!
Did God not said: I will give whosoever l choose? Did He not say "Jacob l love yet Esau l hate"?
See Peter - Fisherman of zero education! Dont count Paul for now, that one was a criminal before he got born-again joor! grin
Have Faith and Believe, Your miracle is on the way!
;;;;;
;;;;;
;;;;;
Hmmm....Problem is that:
*Jesus, Peter and the other Apostles did not acquire massive wealth like our "chosen and available" Nigerian Pastors, of modern time!
*Peter, John nor Paul did not perform fake miracles! shocked
* Emmm...Jesus did not rob from the poor by making them pay him "owo-ile" (like those Lagos Area Boys), he did not threaten them with hell-fire if they dont donate their last dime so that he can live-large!
*Jesus nor any of his Apostles did not take advantage of widows or single women! kiss Our modern day pastors are just too randy!

*Unlike Paul or any of the disciples of Jesus, they earned their living by having their secular work! They did not feed-fat on Tithe! grin Even in the Old testament whence Tithe was ordered, it was eaten in a "celebration in God's presence", by those who brought it! wink The ones set aside for the "Temple workers" was done for a reason which no longer exists: Animal Sacrifice.
But our modern day Pastors are too greedy to let that "income stream" die naturally! They will recite Malachi till kingdom come! grin
Even Jesus never paid Tithe, but he paid Tax!

*The Apostles gave all they have and followed Jesus but our modern day "called and available" Pastors just acquire more and more while fleecing the poor in their congregation. How does a "Man-of-God" stand at the alter and watch a Poor widow give her everything, knowing that it is part of what he uses to live a flamboyant life-style? Dem no get conscience?

*Jesus did not threaten that widow that gave her "widow's mite"(she gave it freely without harassment!). Our Pastors of today use fear and intimidation to collect every last penny in the pocket of the foolish members! grin

*Jesus did not dine with thieves and murderers. Our Pastors of today have this habit of hobnobbing with those who impoverish this country and make millions of children die of preventable diseases! They will "pray for them", lay hands on them and give them "high sits" on the alter, for a share of their loot! Both the Thief and the "receiver of stolen goods", are THIEVES

So Bros, l think the comparison did not work! Better Luck next time! wink
But seriously, 99% of Nigerian Pastors are FRAUDS, especially those abroad!

Lastpage!

I dey come, make l go "practice-well-well", maybe me sef go fit establish one ATM-Church for my area! Recession no dey reach church, sumbori shout "Ameen"!
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by Adekdammy: 8:54am On Mar 19, 2012
The Lord knoweth dem dat are His, fake pastors, kip deceivin the flock, ur time will soon be up, if God no call u, u come go call urself for gains, i pity u...............though in all there are still some genuine pastors
Re: To Become A Nigerian Pastor: What Qualification Is Needed? by tatosh: 9:29am On Mar 19, 2012
As long as u know how to talk people into dropping money then you're qualified

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Deeper Knowledge in Witch Craft revealed by Edo Witch / What Do You Think About Eternity? / Can One Be A Sinner And Still Love God??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.