Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

My Son Doesn't Want To Eat - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Son Doesn't Want To Eat (3072 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time / Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by taryour(f): 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2012
Dear mothers on nairaland;

Am abit worried cause my son dosnt eat well,he is going to be 7months by ending of march. He neva took all the fomular food we gave him,NAN,SMA GOLD and even cerelac cearel,even the goldenmorn we bought,he wouldnt even drink dilluted ribena, He as been taking solid foods since he was 4months,and he drinks water very well. Is it medicaly ok?i would also like to know what kind of solid foods contains all the essentials good for babies. He still sucks his breats milk very very often. Tnx alot as i await your replys.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 19, 2012
Stop worrying and go and do thanks giving, the Boy has refused to be ajebutter like my son. He is fine, who says a child must drink cerelac and NAN? Before cerelac and NAN what did children take? Abeg, he is perfectly fine and healthy, just make sure the solid food he eats are balanced, give him lots of protein, beans, cooked very soft, egg, and when he has teeth cook biscuit bone make ot very soft, also tumbrown and if you are from the north kunun geda is very good.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2012
Am sorry my knowledge is limited to mostly northern meals, Gote, made from acha and vegitables is also very good, i also make semo and what people from the south west call ewedu for him, then mashed potatoes as a meal you boli the potatoes till its soft, fry tomatoes tatshe and boneless fish, add d potatoes to the sourse and let it steam till its very soft, i also add vegetables, alefo (green) cabbage, carrots and green beans, i make sure i make them very soft i steam them differently.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2012
how did i forget Cous cous. Very easy to cook and can be found every where, light and nice, lighter than rice, boil water add salt and lots of butter, add d cous cous and leave to simmer, ready in 5 minutes, soft and easy to chew for a baby, serve on its own or with stew and mashed bonesless fish, with steam vegetables.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by taryour(f): 4:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
Tnx debrief for all your repls,God bless you and your family. Pls whats cous cous. Can i also feed him with custard and milk?
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 19, 2012
Amen oh, Cous cous is sold in major super markets, its a morrocan meal consumed mostly in the north, it is like rice but much lighter and softer. My son was a very local baby, prefered kunu to custard, even though kunun geda is more nutritious, try custard, keep trying till he finds what he likes. Your son eats oh, just that he may not like aje butter and oyibo meals. My son prefers tuwo to indomie, can you imagine, lol. I guess he likes solid foods like amala etc, if you can get acha find it and make for him it is very high in protien, you can also make porridge from acha.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 19, 2012
Mashed plaintain is also wonderful, boil the plaintain and mash it in tomato and red pepper sacuce. Not hot pepper oh, remember, soft boiled meat, biscuit bone and boneless fish. When I am washing the fish before i boil it (cat fish) i cut out all d bones from it just the flesh and skin
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
if he recently develops this habits, then i think he his growing teeth, no need for a alarm, but confirm from a doctor. this was the advice we got from the doctor during our younger brother case and it was true
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by taryour(f): 5:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
Yes he eats amala and ewedu,weat,semo,yam,sweet potato,egg yoke,drinks orange,watermelon,cakes,fish,he even eats pounded yam when i pound. His best is fish,he loves his fish soo soooo much(dosnt joke with it).tnx will also try the boiled plantain.
Am a yoruba woman and i sitll dont know what couc cous means,pls do you know the yoruba name for it?or how do i describe it when i get to the maket?
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 19, 2012
Madam nothing is wrong with that baby, allow him to enjoy his amala jejerly. Many mothers are dying t have their kids leave cerelac and try food, yours and mine are very economical, our money no go waste for indomie, cous cous can be found in park and shop but if you dont get it dont worry, he is ok and eating very well. Give hims lots of fish since he likes it.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by feminineA: 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2012
There's no need to be afraid iya baby. Your son. Is trying to be economical with your money so no big deal allow him. Most mum will do anything for their baby to stop feeding on all this processed food. The only thing which I see as a liTtle issue is to ensure he eats balanced meal.if its amala make ewedu add iru with little stew. He loves fish which is good stock your house with it and make sure he has enough.you can also introduce him to soft beans,yam, fried egg,ogi,akara, moi moi and the likes. I hope he likes fruits too even if its only oranges?
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by ronkebp(f): 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
I think he is teething, and he lacks apetite, do you nurse him or are you still nursing him?
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by ronkebp(f): 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2012
feminine A: There's no need to be afraid iya baby. Your son. Is trying to be economical with your money so no big deal allow him. Most mum will do anything for their baby to stop feeding on all this processed food. The only thing which I see as a liTtle issue is to ensure he eats balanced meal.if its amala make ewedu add iru with little stew. He loves fish which is good stock your house with it and make sure he has enough.you can also introduce him to soft beans,yam, fried egg,ogi,akara, moi moi and the likes. I hope he likes fruits too even if its only oranges?

Infact just to add your list, he needs milk too, for his bones, i guess he will get the vitamin from the fish, he still needs milk.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Heneva: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
Madam der is nothing to worry about .
My kids didn't eat well til they were 2.

If he is healthy don't stress ur self. Just let

him have a healthy meal.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by orekinky: 9:47pm On Mar 21, 2012
Kai see children eating, my baby, na real ajebo, will only take menden-menden, at a taste of a slice of tomatoes uhmmm! He will ask for water, 4 if that's not enough, at two years old he still wants to take feeding bottle, never mind me sha o I broke it in his presence few days to his 2yrs bday n I got relieved of the wahala. @Poster, Just give your baby whatever solid food he like but make sure he feeds on vegetables and fruits. We shall all reap the fruits of our labour. Amen.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Busybody2(f): 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2012
taryour: Dear mothers on nairaland;

Am abit worried cause my son dosnt eat well,he is going to be 7months by ending of march. He neva took all the fomular food we gave him,NAN,SMA GOLD and even cerelac cearel,even the goldenmorn we bought,he wouldnt even drink dilluted ribena, He as been taking solid foods since he was 4months,and he drinks water very well. Is it medicaly ok?i would also like to know what kind of solid foods contains all the essentials good for babies. He still sucks his breats milk very very often. Tnx alot as i await your replys.

Kai, see perfect correct baby anxious mother shocked Your son is refusing to eat junk processed artificial food, especially that horrible sugar-laden Cerelac mass produced on the cheap to fatten starving African children, and you are worrying yourself!!! Your son is fine and in top form and can eat everything you can eat except the pepper and salt should be in moderation.

He can get his calcium intake from vegetables
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Nobody: 5:00am On Mar 23, 2012
madam, your child is perfectly fine. When i was that age i am told i would not eat any solid food at all. It took me up to age 5 before i started really eating. The only thing i would eat for yrs was cornflakes with milk. My mom would mash egg yolk into custard, or pureed beans, mashed rice with small stew for me. I turned out very fine.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by Seun(m): 11:11am On Jul 06, 2014
See a doctor. Always see a doctor where a small child's health is concerned.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by egopersonified(f): 3:26pm On Jul 06, 2014
Op, I envy dis yr baby ohhhhhh, my last is 1 yr and ten months and all he eats is goldenmorn, even if u give him adult food to taste he either rejects it or spits it out. I once went on strike for two days and gave him only solid foods, he lost weight immediately, I had to resume the goldenmorn.
Re: My Son Doesn't Want To Eat by dytbabe: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2014
Seun: See a doctor. Always see a doctor where a small child's health is concerned.

I didn't ask for a name change
*frowns*

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Like To Try In Your Next Life / These Have To Be The Cutest Twins Ever!! / Do you Want to give birth to your Baby In The USA but dont have a place to stay?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.