Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! (6057 Views)

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland: State Of The Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2012
Add me on BBM. Pin: 26BE3874!!! I wanna reach 500bbmers.. Sounds silly huh? I know, I'm hyper active so I constantly need to be involved in an activity.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by FILEBE(m): 10:10pm On Mar 19, 2012
damn! this ne interface really sucks! i havr r to squint TO READ THE POSTS AND REPLIES. the colours and the arrangement doesnt help jare
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Deolaw: 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2012
1. I use a nokia E71
2. Opera mini 11
3. To reply is too cool
4. I don't av a choice if d site is good or bad cus I am addicted to it
5. O ti tan

1 Like

Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Seun(m): 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2012
FILEBE: damn! this ne interface really sucks! i havr r to squint TO READ THE POSTS AND REPLIES. the colours and the arrangement doesnt help jare
Can you provide the information requested in my first post? Thanks so much.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by naijaking1: 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2012
How do I use the emoticon?
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by ITbomb(m): 10:46pm On Mar 19, 2012
I suspect gender discrimination here, how come on the home page down to where Members Online only (m) is highlighted for male, I'm using e71 n opera mini on airtel aoi
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Markenny(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
@seun Last week I was not able to acces nairaland on the phone..for almost 12hours,I ask honsule over bbm if nairaland have problem loading on phones,he said nope.
When I finally open nairaland on my phone,I was lookin for a topic,I type germany on the search box,all I see is a yellow and with codes...germany writen in btw them.I try to make a screenshot but phone got frozen.
Plus have any one try useing the search box on the phone?it really mess up.try fix that@seun.nairaland search search for lagos it will take u to jamica.pls do somethin about it.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Goshen360(m): 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2012
££VICTOR££:
Some screenshot on RIM device

My screen appears like the above also. I cant watch video posted on NL except I go through the link underneath the video that redirect me to YouTube. I use Htc sensation and Internet Explorer browser. Thanks
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Ibangap(m): 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2012
Am using nokia c3 nd opera mini 4.2 but i cant upload pics wit it. Wen i try uploadina a pic,it shows 'cant connect 2 d internet'. Pls help
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by lilkech(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2012
Seun: Hello,

New Nairaland was designed to work perfectly on mobile phones, but some people have reported that it doesn't look good on their phones. If you have that problem, please post about it on this thread, using the format below:
1) Detailed description of the problem you're experiencing with new Nairaland at the moment.
2) The exact name and model of the phone with which you're currently experiencing the problem.
3) The mobile phone browser with which you browse Nairaland when you experience this problem.

We're serious about making New Nairaland usable and functional for everyone.

Thanks!

DEVICE : nokia c2

BROWSER : inbuilt

COMMENT : egbon . . . you have a long way to go
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by nellaluv(f): 11:23pm On Mar 19, 2012
oga seun, what happened to the search, its no longer as effective as before.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by chucky234(m): 11:30pm On Mar 19, 2012
Works better on HTML but too many colors make. The theme blur sometimes,overall its ok as am getting use to the NL2 on my BB.
By the way I have stopped receiving email notifications on threads or posts am following/watching,not funny at all.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by usbcable(m): 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2012
on phone its so far o.k.
but on a laptop you try to bolden a part of a comment and the command ends up repeating the whole quote twice.
you imsert emoticon it puts it at the top.
its hard quoting more than one coment(abo na me no sabi use am again).
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Reanaa: 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2012
NL looks great on my phone. I can now view full page on my phone, see pictures, Quote etc. But with laptop mehn its hell, my eyes my eyes, it violets my eyes
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by EEVICTOREE(m): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
That is true the search is no more useful! Keep Highlight searched text in yellow.

Kindly see the attached below

Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by clemmonce(m): 12:10am On Mar 20, 2012
lov it on my phone it looks kind of classy. i use a very small fone BB porche planin on changin it to a better fone TRIUM
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Seun(m): 1:58am On Mar 20, 2012
Markenny: @seun Last week I was not able to acces nairaland on the phone..for almost 12hours,I ask honsule over bbm if nairaland have problem loading on phones,he said nope.
When I finally open nairaland on my phone,I was lookin for a topic,I type germany on the search box,all I see is a yellow and with codes...germany writen in btw them.I try to make a screenshot but phone got frozen.
Plus have any one try useing the search box on the phone?it really mess up.try fix that@seun.nairaland search search for lagos it will take u to jamica.pls do somethin about it.
A search highlighting issue that occured when a search contained extra spaces and special characters has been fixed. Please try again. I do not understand the second complaint at all, as well as most of the complaints on this thread. They are insufficiently detailed and contradict my experience of the site as a user.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by olatwo(m): 2:57am On Mar 20, 2012
coolNew NL on phone ? Like Etisalat, now Ɣø̲̣U re talking!
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by charlsecy4(m): 7:02am On Mar 20, 2012
Seun Osewa:

New Nairaland: .......... but some people have reported that it doesn't look good on their phones. If you have that problem, please post about it on this thread......

*Problems Observed*

1. When you click "Reply" against a thread, on the resultant page, there is no provision for inserting a user's quote. You can see users' comments, but you can't directly insert them as quotes.

Consequently,

2. When you visit a thread, there is a "Quote Post" button against each user's comment(s). This means you can easily quote a user's comment and reply it straight away. However, if you want to quote more than one comment, it becomes clumsy as you will have to click the "Quote Post" button against the first comment you want to post, copy and paste the Quote Code somewhere (e.g Notepad), go back, click "Quote Post" button against the second comment you want to quote, copy and paste the Quote Code somewhere, and so forth. Then, you copy all the placed Quote Codes and make replies. This is awkward!

3. I guess when you comment on a post, or the "Follow" button, when clicked, should ensure the user is notified via email of any subsequent transactions associated the thread, but it looks like the email notification is not working.

The problems are on since the inception of the new Nairaland.

4. There was an incident on 18 March where I couldn't see my comment in a thread.

5. The Search Box works, but not so effective in arranging associated posts in terms of relevance. The most relevant post(s) based on your keywords may not appear first (e.g. search "Names of Nigerian Cities" and see)

I use Nokia C6-00. Nairaland pages fit perfectly to the phone display. See a snapshot below. Browser is Opera Mini 6.5.

Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by nikkygal(f): 8:03am On Mar 20, 2012
Same here. . . . . Please how do i insert emoticons using my mobile? cry
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by DrummaBoy(m): 8:50am On Mar 20, 2012
1) Detailed description of the problem you're experiencing with new Nairaland at the moment.
God bless your soul Seun for this thread. I was just about to open a thread on it when I saw this on front page. Before going ahead to answer the question as you requested, note that my problem is so bad I have not been able to access NL on my phone since you uploaded. So whatever you can do to help peeps like me, pls do.
When I input the NL http on my phone, it always says memory not sufficient. I don't what other memory it wants since I use an extra memory card on the phone!
2) The exact name and model of the phone with which you're currently experiencing the problem.
My phone is called ZEN. It's a chinko phone but it use to serve me just fine with the last web design. My wife's MTN phone too cannot browse the website. By the way I am writing this from the office computer.
3) The mobile phone browser with which you browse Nairaland when you experience this problem.[/b][/b]
I honestly don't understand what you mean by mobile phone browser. But I use both MTN and Airtel as my ISPs. Thanks
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by sharpman1(m): 8:57am On Mar 20, 2012
Seun,

Great job. The new Nairaland works well on my blackberry. It feels like i am browsing on my computer.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 20, 2012
££VICTOR££:
Some screenshot on RIM device
Am unable to Screenshot mine..... sad
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Excelboi(m): 9:29am On Mar 20, 2012
Comment: i still don't like it..... No need to know my browser!
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 20, 2012
Please for God's sake,how do i start or create a topic,i've asked this some time ago but was linked to a kind of thread which wasn't helpful at all,pls HELP!meanwhile,i'm on mobile
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by purplekayc(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2012
looks good on bb curve 2 smiley smiley smiley no problems so far
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by charlsecy4(m): 10:41am On Mar 20, 2012
Seun:
New Nairaland........ but some people have reported that it doesn't look good on their phones. If you have that problem, please post about it on this thread..........

*Problems Observed*

1. When you click "Reply" against a thread, on the resultant page, there is no provision to insert a user's quote. You can see users' comments, but you can't directly insert them as quotes.

Consequently,

2. When you visit a thread, there is a "Quote Post" button against each user's comment(s). This means you can easily quote a user's comment and reply it straight away. However, if you want to quote more than one comment, it becomes clumsy as you will have to click the "Quote Post" button against the first comment you want to post, copy and paste the Quote Code somewhere (e.g Notepad), go back, click "Quote Post" button against the second comment you want to quote, copy and paste the Quote Code somewhere, and so forth. Then, you copy all the placed Quote Codes and make replies. This is awkward!

3. I guess when you comment on a post, or the "Follow" button, when clicked, should ensure the user is notified via email of any subsequent transactions associated the thread, but it looks like the email notification is not working.

The problems are on since the inception of the new Nairaland.

4. There was an incident on 18 March where I couldn't see my comment in a thread. Even this current comment of mine; I had to post it twice. I couldn't see the first comment, so I had to re-post, but then it re-appeared.

5. The Search Box works, but not so effective in arranging associated posts in terms of relevance. The most relevant post(s) based on your keywords may not appear first (e.g. search "Names of Nigerian Cities" and see)

I use Nokia C6-00. Nairaland pages fit perfectly to the phone display. See the attached snapshot. Browser is Opera Mini 6.5.

Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Markenny(m): 11:13am On Mar 20, 2012
@seun I mean the search box is mess up..search for car it will take u to romance section,normal it supose to take me auto section

Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by ekpriobong(m): 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2012
Don't receive replies on topics i contribute. Too bad.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by babanne(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2012
O.K. the first time i wanted to log in last week, i was unable.an error message kept coming up.then i tried few days later and it was successful.it was that time i noticed a new look of nairaland and all i could reason was that the transformation was in progress when i wasn't able to log in.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by gigabytes: 1:07pm On Mar 20, 2012
It works perfectly omoluwabi.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by pcagbaji(m): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2012
i cant post a reply easily

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shocker : A Snake With Three Heads - Pix Include / I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. / See What Happened To This Girl While Charging Her Phone With A Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.