Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,953 members, 7,821,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! (6058 Views)

Topic-Based [Following] & New Topic Bugfix (New Nairaland Update) / The New Nairaland: Are You Staying Or Leaving? / New Nairaland: State Of The Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Feraz(m): 4:28pm On Mar 20, 2012
Seun: Hello,

New Nairaland was designed to work perfectly on mobile phones, but some people have reported that it doesn't look good on their phones. If you have that problem, please post about it on this thread, using the format below:
1) Detailed description of the problem you're experiencing with new Nairaland at the moment.
2) The exact name and model of the phone with which you're currently experiencing the problem.
3) The mobile phone browser with which you browse Nairaland when you experience this problem.

We're serious about making New Nairaland usable and functional for everyone.

Thanks!
1. I don't get notification in my email like i do before with the old nl....
2. Nokia c5-00
3. Opera mini 5, 7.0
Great i tell ya...nice work.......
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by yodiyokun(f): 5:40pm On Mar 20, 2012
Seun,

PC View (I'm saying this though you didnt ask)
There is nothing I like about the new design. It's just creepy. You really need to look at how this website renders on large screen monitors.It's absolutely terrible and hurts the eyes. I have never seen any website where it is designed solely fro mobiles. You should have both. Not everybody wants to keep looking at tiny screens. Also you have a lot of people visiting you from oustide Nigeria. Many of us use our PCs and not our mobiles because online data is very expensive here!!.

On my mobile phone:
Issues:
1. The windows do not render properly... I still have to scroll across like the old site. (This happens whether I hold my phone in a potrait or landscape position). It should automatically sense and adjust.
2. Have to keep logging in.
3. Reply page text keeps changing from white to blue... and back
4. No spell check

Phone: Google Nexus S
O/S: Native Android version 2.3.6

Honestly, my days here are almost over I would say. I use glasses. I just cant deal with the terrible GUI experience.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by BUSHMAN1: 7:02pm On Mar 20, 2012
the new NL is rubbish i dont know why its been changed the old one was better,it let you know which country people are posting from, this new one took the fun out of NL
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Connoisseur(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2012
The new Nl works fine on my iPhone 4 running safari. The only is the search command, sure needs some fixing
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by btjwood: 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2012
Amazin bro,nice upgradin on my xpresmusic
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Mpetempe(m): 3:05am On Mar 21, 2012
blackboi: 1. Looks gr8th on my NokiaC3
2. OperaMini 4.2 browser
3. No problems
4. Clap for yaself!
5. Now u're talking (etisalat)!
6. I Surf With Cheatsgringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Decryptor(m): 3:22am On Mar 21, 2012
Seun simply upgraded the pages and php files of Nairaland via his Forum service provider SNH Forums thereby overwriting the old version which was not compatible with mobile devices... I think he did it on Saturday night/Sunday morning. Nothing uphill there
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by niddamugu(m): 11:12am On Mar 21, 2012
I simply don't get email notifications any longer.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by dj5naira(m): 11:49am On Mar 21, 2012
I'm not a reporter and I don't have problems!!
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by cyberak: 1:50am On Mar 23, 2012
dear seun, thanks 4 ur gud works and innovation, hv it is not workg on my techno hd 70. The former worked perfectky, hv this new 1 somex works late in the night from 1 a.m till about 5 a.m. Thanks again.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Emeka71(m): 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2012

New Nairaland was designed to work perfectly on mobile phones, but some people have reported that it doesn't look good on their phones. If you have that problem, please post about it on this thread, using the format below:
1) Detailed description of the problem you're experiencing with new Nairaland at the moment.
2) The exact name and model of the phone with which you're currently experiencing the problem.
3) The mobile phone browser with which you browse Nairaland when you experience this problem.

Thanks!
NOKIA 6020
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Emeka71(m): 8:26pm On Mar 28, 2012

Thanks!

NOKIA 6020 Can't post reply in WAP context. D box in which to type reply doesn't appear at all.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Emeka71(m): 8:27pm On Mar 28, 2012
@Seun or am I going to forever remain dumb on dis forum?
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by akinola1384(m): 6:38am On Mar 29, 2012
Hi, NL please I need you people advice. Please what is the advantage of android tablet PC and loptop and disadvantage. Which one is better between laptop and android or ipad. Ipad, android and laptop. Which is the best.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Seun(m): 9:29am On Mar 29, 2012
@Emeka 7: I'm so sorry but it appears as if I can't help you further. I'm so sorry about this.

@akinola1384: Laptops are best for work. iPads are a great toy. Android phones will be great toys in the future.

1 Like

Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by ifyalways(f): 12:56pm On Mar 29, 2012
This would most definitely be the last time i would ask,Seun Osewa where is the "scroll/go down" button ?
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Seun(m): 1:17pm On Mar 29, 2012
I can't find a good place to put the thing.
Where would you like it to be? On threads only?
Have you tried the END key?
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by akinola1384(m): 1:20pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hi, can android do the same work of laptop pls
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Seun(m): 1:21pm On Mar 29, 2012
akinola1384: Hi, can android do the same work of laptop pls
No
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by ifyalways(f): 2:10pm On Mar 29, 2012
Seun: I can't find a good place to put the thing.
Where would you like it to be? On threads only?
Have you tried the END key?
Whatever happened to where it was before?Top right,center or left.
And yes,on threads only.Sometimes,its much more better(for me and i guess that was why it was there before) to read just an OP's post and reply a thread without necessarily reading others input.

I haven't tried the "END" key though.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by akinola1384(m): 3:09pm On Mar 29, 2012
Pls what can I do. I don't want to blame my self I want to sell my laptop and buy android tablet 10" pls I need ur advice am confuse right now as am txt u
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Emeka71(m): 7:37pm On Mar 31, 2012
Ah so I can no longer enjoy this forum. like I used to b4.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Emeka71(m): 4:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mpetempe:
6. I Surf With Cheatsgringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

Me too I surf with cheats but I can no longer access NAiraland Forum on my phone WAP browser since after Seun changed d site. so it means one without operamini can no longer participate in this forum. I just want to beg Seun to consider pple using WAP phones or maybe make there to be an option btw dis one and d former site WAP/HTML.

thanks
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Timileyin(m): 11:49pm On Apr 12, 2012
Seun pls, can you work on this gateway server error that come on when trying to access NL sometimes. Its really annoying and discouraging. I can't really say want I see wrong on this site, but I think the usable is 0. This is not about the features.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Emeka71(m): 5:16pm On Apr 18, 2012
Difficult to load dis site.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Emeka71(m): 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2012
who send SDeun to change dis Forum look?
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by Emeka71(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2012
Dis site is nolonger easy to load.
Re: New Nairaland & Mobile Phones: Report Your Issues Here! by NordicMartins: 3:54am On Apr 12, 2020
Please how do I change my username. THANK YOU

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Gave 3 Elderly Men Wrong Information About Mosquito. / Sad Story Of My Life, I Wish I Can Reverse It :( / See What Happened To This Girl While Charging Her Phone With A Power Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.