Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? (8406 Views)

Banks In Nigeria Are Healthy-NDIC / Cashless Nigeria Business, Is It Real? / Withdrawal Problem In Cashless Nigeria Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by extension: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2012
Sanusi stop taking more than you can chew. Nigeria walk first before you run. Pos with batteries,Atms with generators and country where the masses generate 28,000 megaw while the govt generates 3,600. Thank God I just got back my money from bank after three weeks of swearing and writing letters to the bank hq to refund my aero contractor ticket.Aero contractor denies getting my money thru atm use and my bank debited my acct.Then both said that my money is hanging somewhere and I told them to pull it down wherever my money is hanging.Final my bank credited my acct thru the effort of my br manager. 419 PEOPLE ARE ABOVE ALL OF US.Pls shine your eye.Good day to u all and happy cashless or cashfull country. Na laugh I dey laugh oooooooo--baba iyabo.

1 Like

Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by Knorkastur: 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by KillBeaf1(m): 1:23pm On Mar 20, 2012
grin grin grin grin ;DWhere's Beaf? Tell him am on his trail. grin grin
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by Koolking(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2012
Our projects are not known to be based on patriotic drives but greed and egocentrism. Cashless policy is another project to say 'thank you for your support to this govt". If the same energy put towards the reaslisation of cashless project is geared towards establishing and improving on infrastructures in anticipation of the cashless project; I would beat my heart and say, the project will be achievable. In Nigeria, we are known to do the first thing last while the last thing comes first.
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by Gentleboby: 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2012
Sanusi will fail at the end of the day. Because you can not hold Tiger,snake,lion and other dangerous animal at the tail while dealing with them, emerging in all Nigerians no one can proof Good identity is either denied age, home town,DNA or any means of I D and without genuine identity no cashless policy CAPITAL NO.
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by tallfact: 2:35pm On Mar 20, 2012
Cashless do not implies total cashless(no paper money) but a method used to mob cash to some extent from the society in order to reduce some risks and costs. There will be cash for the market women to transact with and believe me any trader that make a daily sale that goes beyond N500,000 will have some experience in banking operations (can not be a stack illitrate) and can as well get one POS from his or her bank.

If government is sincere about any project, they always deliver but all these condemnations will only make them stronger and vigilant in order to succeed.

It has come to stay and it will succeed!
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by KBrown: 3:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
Mynd_44: ^^^
Actually I am more concerned with them teaching our local boys how to do it cos if the regular Yahoo boy starts hacking, then the whole world is in trouble

A very scary picture.
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by joinnow: 4:11pm On Mar 20, 2012
The only thing that is permanent is Change.
Nigeria is gradually going to a cashless Nation.
Very soon Thief will just get their own portable credit card reader.
When dey show they go ask you to come on insert your card. No cash, Please[b]
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by passyjango(m): 4:16pm On Mar 20, 2012
The cashless policy is the way forward. If you want more cash, pay the surcharge or open a micro finance bank as a work around. Nigerians will never be ready for anything whether it is JAMB registration, SIM registration, or coins. They will always find an excuse to maintain the Status Que. So, it is always a good idea to shove it down their throat and see what happens. So, bravo to Sanusi.
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by ndahbros1: 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2012
Why d unnecessary grumbling? From d way some guys make it look, it wud seem that d CBN has abolished all forms of paper money. No na.
U can still deposit or withdraw up to #500k a day. How many of those old women deposit or withdraw up to dat amount everyday? If ur bizness exceeds that amount, u simply write a check na. Haba!
Who said ur banking must be online? If someone wants to pay u above #500k, u accept a check. How many people sell pepper worth #500k a day?
Re: Cashless System In Nigeria: Are We Ready For The Down Side? by knelson(m): 5:47pm On Mar 22, 2012
Nigerians are not ready for cashless economy or what ever they want to call it. This goes to show how "visionless" the so called Nigerian leaders are.Always trying to do what the westerners are doing even when it is glaring that it will not work for Nigerians. Certain conditions need to be in place before this kind of policy will benefit anybody. Nigeria is saddled with so many economic problems, and the only thing the central bank governor could think about is cashless economy?Good luck with that guys. It's like the subsidy removal-bad timing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Business And Income Tax Rates In Nigeria? / Starting 'Acta Non Verba' an Investment Club / RMAFC Discovers N115bn Tax Liabilities Owed By FG, States MDAs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.