Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Ignorance Is Bliss..... - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ignorance Is Bliss..... (1011 Views)

The Degree Of Ignorance Of Some Nairalanders Is Similar To That Of Americans. / Visa Ignorance: A Big Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ignorance Is Bliss..... by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 20, 2012
I really pray for one of my AA girlfriends. I told her that i would be visiting Nigeria in a few months...i THOUGHT(lol) it would be nice to invite her to..but this is how it all began. So she started off by saying i dont wana go to Africa(mind you when she says Africa she is speaking of it as a whole,she doesnt see it as having individual countries)So anyway she says and i quote," i dont wana go to africa i heard they tackle elephants with there bare hands and im scared im going to get fed tiger meat." and i quote again," i also dont want to eat beans and rice all day, plus dont they have lions and tigers living in there backyards? I was speechless, she is a lost cause i love her to death but im tired of trying to convince her that everything she sees on tv isnt always true.She has said a lot more even offended our bestfriend from Kenya by asking her how did she get here,was it by boat and do they still pick cotton? WTF! I would love for her to understand her roots and culture just as i do,but she is way too far gone..... Is she Caught up in the rapture of Ignorance or does she just not want to know?
Re: Ignorance Is Bliss..... by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 20, 2012
shocked shocked shocked. tackle elaphants with my bare hands? I wish i could!Then I would not be afraid of any man. Like u said Ignorance is bliss.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Is Bliss..... by Nobody: 4:54am On Mar 21, 2012
yea...its crazy.i think maybe she is just scared
Re: Ignorance Is Bliss..... by DisGuy: 3:30pm On Mar 21, 2012
that everything she sees on tv isnt always true

try showing her some nollywood films, dont know she might get even worse, juju, prostitution and rituals ;Dthat everything she sees on tv isnt always true

she might love it, big 'clean' mansions, nice rides, fast food

(1) (Reply)

Justwise...i Need Your Help On This Oné / Any Nigerian In Cotonou? / How Did TRAVEL VISA Become A Big Issue In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.