Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food (1679 Views)

Who Is At Fault - The Groom, Bride Or The Side Chick? / Guy Kills His Sugar Mummy, Escapes With Her Stuffs In Lagos / How Do One Cope With Wedding Anxiety ( Please Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by bohboh275(m): 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2012
The colorful wedding ceremony between Miss Doris Longe and Ade Imasuen was greeted with commotion and disappointment when news filtered in that the taxi driver that was hired to transport the food and other refreshments to the reception venue has escaped with everything in his possession.

The excitement at the reception venue,a popular hotel in G.R.A Benin City was dimmed immediately the news of the disappearance of the taxi driver with the food and can drinks was broken to the gathering.

We learnt that the taxi driver was stopped around King’s Square area of Benin City and was contracted to transport the food and other entertainment items from the bride mother’s house in G.R.A to the reception also in G.R.A.

It was gathered that those the bride’s mother delegated to take charge of the food assisted the taxi driver in loading the eleven giant coolers of well prepared fried/jollof rice.fried meat,moi-moi,pounded yam with egusi and ogbolor soup as well as serviette and breakable plates into the car.

The driver who claimed to know the venue of the reception in G.R.A, was told to go unaccompanied to quickly drop the items and return to pick the remaining things while they get themselves ready for the reception.

But after awaiting for the taxi driver for almost two hours and he did not show up;it then dawned on those in charge that the worst may have happened,so they had to embark on searching for the taxi driver which proved abortive.

It was gathered that serious efforts were made by both families of the couple to conceal the news from them,but the sudden change of mood at the reception aroused the couple’s curiosity.

The bride Doris Longe collapsed on hearing the life time embarrassing news that a taxi driver has absconded with her wedding reception food. She was however revived with the effort of family members,friends and well wishers as the event continued in a low spirit.

All the comedic moves adopted by the Masters of Ceremony to restore smiles to the faces of the disappointed audience failed.
The bridegroom and his father in-law who is a UK based industrialist declined comments,but both were visibly not happy with the development

http://talkofnaija.com/News/newsdetailsone.aspx?NewsId=D8A4E417-BC0A-48B6-8CD1-F0C108759D8B
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Rocktation(f): 11:15pm On Mar 20, 2012
He probably wants to sell the drinks. But the coolerssssss with cooked food? Is his entire lineage stranded and starving somewhere in Somalia?
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by slimyem: 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2012
Damn!
This is some funny story!
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Nobody: 3:09am On Mar 21, 2012
all the food and drinks has "street value", so i wonder why anyone would hand it to a stranger in a taxi, like that.
i mean, its obvious that the guy could have ate some of the food, drink the beverages or done worst to the food. who is the dumbass who decided that the taxi driver should go alone with the stuff?
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Exponental(m): 3:52am On Mar 21, 2012
Na wa oooooo!
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by dammylove4real: 4:08am On Mar 21, 2012
wonder shall never end
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by seal777(m): 8:02am On Mar 21, 2012
even before i read the piece, i guess right that those in charge of the stolen foods re females......cos a guy woudnt mind getting to the venue before coming back to dress up but females will be pre occupied with dressing up for the occasion. it a nasty experience for the young couple.
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by dabrake(m): 8:10am On Mar 21, 2012
seal777: even before i read the piece, i guess right that those in charge of the stolen foods re females......cos a guy woudnt mind getting to the venue before coming back to dress up but females will be pre occupied with dressing up for the occasion. it a nasty experience for the young couple.
Guy, if you wana bash, do it with sense or STFU. I just wasted 10secs of my life reading your post so I deemed it fit to quote you this way so you won't think you exhibited wisdom in your post.
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Vansnickers: 8:20am On Mar 21, 2012
^^^ grin grin grin
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by slimyem: 8:34am On Mar 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY: all the food and drinks has "street value", so i wonder why anyone would hand it to a stranger in a taxi, like that.
i mean, its obvious that the guy could have ate some of the food, drink the beverages or done worst to the food. who is the dumbass who decided that the taxi driver should go alone with the stuff?
i thought this same thing!
Letting the driver go alone to the venue was the dumbest thing ever!
I wonder what was later served at the wedding...meatpie perhaps?
Lmao!
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Idowuogbo(f): 8:51am On Mar 21, 2012
Haaaa!!!

Who was d dumb fucKkk dat let d driver go wiv d food and drink

Hellooo!!! Health and safety reasons. undecided

Wot if he decided to do drop of the food,but also mixed it with different wahalas, mehn it's Africa we talking about oo shocked shocked
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by itiswell1(m): 9:20am On Mar 21, 2012
The couple shd thank their stars. What if the driver added some WAHALA to the food.

The people that sent the driver without any company shd be held liable.
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Onasa22: 12:00pm On Mar 21, 2012
How would a reasonable adult entrust food and drinks to total stranger? Na wa o!
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 21, 2012
benin drivers no de dull o,when there's hunger in the 9ja ,him see free fried rice with chicken and better kpomo plus all the aroma you say make him no move food free of charge,guys pls think again. he still must be eating those food till date,n it might perhaps serve him for a month with constant warming,and for the beer na enough merriment. abegii ! ! people in benin know whats up in the town and went ahead with such risk.what a shame
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Nobody: 2:42pm On Mar 21, 2012
Choi! See sharp driver. Oh boy, hungry dey naija o!
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by forkadict(m): 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2012
I know say mugu dey naija. I know say maga dey naija. But i no know say mugumaga sef day naija sha!

The i.diots wey send the taxi driver with the food and drinks na correct mugumaga. Daaaaamn!

You hear some stories and you'll feel like getting hold of the culprits and beating them silly till they are hospitalised.
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 21, 2012
Looks like they brought the UK mentality to naija of [some measure of] societal trust, thinking it works like that in naija sad sad
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Nobody: 5:33am On Mar 22, 2012
slimyem:
I wonder what was later served at the wedding...meatpie perhaps?
Lmao!

probably suya for everybody, at a side street beer joint.

2buff: Looks like they brought the UK mentality to naija of [some measure of] societal trust, thinking it works like that in naija sad sad

even abroad, would you give the important and expensive food/drinks to a taxi driver (aka stranger) on such an important day?! at least, a responsible person would call a legit courier/taxi company, and if there was none available then they would send someone along with the food (just in case)
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 22, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by lagcity(m): 5:52am On Mar 22, 2012
mehn laffter no go kill person for NL. Hungry Taxi driver, u be wicked man ooo. haba! this is wickedness na. Anyway, Doris baby, take heart ehn? all is well. can u picture that yeye Master of Ceremony trying to crack jokes to a hall full of hungry guests? the bride suppose break plate for him head. mehn, my throat is just hurting badly from the laughter.
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by MrsChima(f): 5:55am On Mar 22, 2012
It is sad the man took the food to feel his hungry family. undecided undecided
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by lagcity(m): 6:00am On Mar 22, 2012
cheesy

Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by lagcity(m): 6:01am On Mar 22, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
It is sad the man took the food to feel his hungry family. undecided undecided

but the food is too much naaa. the rest of the food would probably go bad.
Re: Bride Slumps As Taxi Driver Escapes With Wedding Food by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 22, 2012
All the taxi drivers for moto park go belleful. grin

(1) (Reply)

If U R Given 200million Not O Have SEX In Ur Life Will U ''ACCEPT'' It? / Happy Birthday To My E- Sweetheart Zicoraads / Who Is A Real Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.