Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,790 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Highly Educated Taxi Drivers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Highly Educated Taxi Drivers (796 Views)

Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Dangote Sacks Almost All The Graduate Drivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highly Educated Taxi Drivers by nalijah07(f): 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2007
A group of friends and I were having this discussion. Why are there so many highly educated Nigerian taxi drivers in the US. If you've gone to college and recieved your degree, why not just get a job in your field once you come to the states?
Re: Highly Educated Taxi Drivers by kaylala(m): 3:10pm On Oct 30, 2007
There are many ways of getting urself satisfied,not everybody will work in the office.
Re: Highly Educated Taxi Drivers by hollys(f): 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2007
I doubt if is as easy as u seem to think it should be.
Re: Highly Educated Taxi Drivers by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2007
As a black man in a foreign nation is one factor and as a Nigerian is another.There a so many factor that are against u.First if u didnt school in d States ,u stand very little chance.Your accent,color of ur skin etc are some of the other factors.However if God is with u,u can still go places.
Re: Highly Educated Taxi Drivers by nalijah07(f): 1:21am On Oct 31, 2007
I understand completely.so i guess it is a form of cultural discrimination. It seems like such a waste to come to the US because these guys are super intelligent and have so much knowledge to offer.
Re: Highly Educated Taxi Drivers by minute(f): 1:28am On Oct 31, 2007
that is right.

but u still can get a very good job with the right degree here.

@topic - -- - have u actually sat down and a have one on one conversation with any of theseĀ  cab drivers?
most of them make way more than these rookies u see around with the white collar jobs.
Re: Highly Educated Taxi Drivers by nalijah07(f): 1:49am On Oct 31, 2007
@minute - REALLY? shocked Actually, I've wanted to, but thought the question would be too personal. And the funny thing is that the white collar workers would probably not be able to deal with all the stress of actually driving the cab on a daily basis.

(1) (Reply)

Full Time Young Dynamic Programmers Please / Teaching Job: Can You Do It? / Agric. Engineers Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.