Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury (10341 Views)

CBN Targets N200/$ Parallel Market Rate / Nigeria Targets N138bn Annual Income From Cashew Export / Rich Nigerians: Why Are You Not Patronizing Tinapa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by werepeLeri: 6:24am On Mar 22, 2012
Lagos is far behind Abuja these days - even before Porsche opened shop in Lagos - these cars are seen on the fine streets of Abuja on a daily basis, so whats the biggie about it? Omo, if you are blessed, why wont you show it? Dont mind the poor lazy folks who think it is bad to drive a Porsche, when you see them on the street, knock em down, for real.

KUDOS to Porsche.
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by ziccoit: 6:35am On Mar 22, 2012
This is good for the masses. When the time comes to flush out the thieves we know who are to be attacked. Buy Porsche now and mark yourself for target in the future revolution. Yes.
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 22, 2012
Oh Nigeria, home of thε 'rich'....they had beta start constructing BRT-Porsche lane for thε 911 model hence thε car go full second hand mkt
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by texazzpete(m): 7:44am On Mar 22, 2012
LeoMax: Am a get myself a Porsche, who cares ? I work hard for my millions and am a spend it as I wish. Its not about the years in your life but the life in your years.

Drive a Porsche in Port Harcourt without living in a highly secured estate and you'll soon enjoy far fewer years in your life grin
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by omodapson(m): 8:46am On Mar 22, 2012
Abeg when is Ferrari and Aston Martin coming to Nigeria? I also don't mind a Buggati Veyron in the near future. It's my life and I gotta express it to the fullest. Haters can go and hug transformers. tongue
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Ignatio(m): 8:50am On Mar 22, 2012
593,000 bottles of champagne in a year. Nigerians are drunks shocked.
Why do we keep acting stupid? Buying things that we can't get full satisfaction from because of our poor infrastructures. Smh
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Jemibee: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2012
Dat part got me laughing for minutes "On his 20,000 Naira salary per mth, it'd take him 125yrs to be able to buy such a car, if he doesn't buy anythg else".....Lolz (SAD BUT TRUE)!!
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by emsquare(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2012
I love sport Cars!!!
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Afolabs101: 9:55am On Mar 22, 2012
@OP, change the title to: "Porsche to target Nigerian Politicians"

Who else can afford to spend N25m plus on a ride??
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by crackhaus: 10:09am On Mar 22, 2012
that one dey
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Vergil: 10:54am On Mar 22, 2012
Ignatio: 593,000 bottles of champagne in a year. Nigerians are drunks shocked.
Why do we keep acting stupid? Buying things that we can't get full satisfaction from because of our poor infrastructures. Smh

Exactly! Pot holes etc

werepeLeri: Lagos is far behind Abuja these days - even before Porsche
opened shop in Lagos - these cars are seen on the fine
streets of Abuja on a daily basis, so whats the biggie about
it? Omo, if you are blessed, why wont you show it? Dont mind
the poor lazy folks who think it is bad to drive a Porsche,
when you see them on the street, knock em down, for real.
KUDOS to Porsche.

So those politicians and bribe collectors are "blssed" with d nairas yh??
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by perewesley(m): 11:50am On Mar 22, 2012
16. Commander12:
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by perewesley(m): 11:54am On Mar 22, 2012
Commander12: General Government Tompolo and his boys alone can meet all the projected sales target. God bless Nigeria. Soon, Boko Haram Boys will be driving around in porsches as well.
[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]

@ commander 12///if u know the general well, you will know that he's not into cars but luxury yachts
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by tboy1(m): 11:59am On Mar 22, 2012
Afolabs101: @OP, change the title to: "Porsche to target Nigerian Politicians"

Who else can afford to spend N25m plus on a ride??

Alot of corporate workers can easily afford the car. You'll be amazed the % of weathly nigerians that have nothing related to politics
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by tboy1(m): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2012
Vergil: Think this is bad. It shows how dumb some nigerians are. Surely people must see there's something not just right here. It's like saying Porsche should go to Eritrea, Somalia etc. Where majority of the population are living in poverty.
It's almost like saying, Porsche really don't give a sh*t about you lot. But, then again, as a business, will they ever.
This is clearly, 100% ostentatious. Since no infrastructure that would complement the car. Compared with those abroad, where roads are good, people live better lives etc.
Can't really explain. Its like they are encouraging people to spend on goods that aren't really needed YET in Nigeria. Cayenne, I understand, useful 4x4. But 911...nah? Plan your route...why bother?
21mill...when the majority (not the minority) are looking for couple of thousands.
Can just see the Porsche guys just laughing to the bank and the sensible bosses, shaking their heads.
Like to imagine how much the maintenance would be too.

If ALL the roads in Nigeria was bad, people would still buy it.

Leeching of a country in a sorry state and you lot are smiling.

Calm down Mr. Vergil, it is called business.
BTW if you have the money, you are free to spend on whatever you like. Excessive spending? Yes, but they can afford it
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by ndcide(m): 2:55pm On Mar 22, 2012
tboy1:

Alot of corporate workers can easily afford the car. You'll be amazed the % of weathly nigerians that have nothing related to politics

which corporate worker? where do they get the money from.
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 22, 2012
tboy1:

Corporate workers that are remunerated higher than the economic reality are as bad as the politicians, if not worse. Besides, we all know that the 'corporate workers' are bigger thieves than politicians. Before Sansusi's expose, I'm sure we would regard bank MDs like Erastus Akingbola and Cecilia Ibru as 'corporate workers' whose 'hard work' entitled them to private jets and million dollar mansions worldwide.

Point is, even the highest paid corporate workers (except for directors and executives) would struggle to legally earn N21m per annum in a slow, stagnant, and unproductive economy like Nigeria's. All the thieves you see buying luxury cars, living in N150m mansions in Lekki, etc, yet claiming to be bank managers or telecom execs, accountants, etc are worse than the politicians. They become multi millionaires by manipulating the books, bending the rules, and commiting countless unethical and unprofessional acts. I'm not claiming to be innocent, but the truth must be told.

Don't ever try to suggest that corporate employees (even in the oil and gas industry!) living solely on their legitimate/ethical earnings without engaging in under-the-table 'deals' can afford the Porsche lifestyle. That would be naive at best, and at worst deceitful.
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by slumcat(m): 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2012
ndcide:

keep sleeping bro.....O$G executives in naija earn over 7mill mnthly! any idea?. dnt play wit naija o, d smartest crooks on earth.....
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Ignatio(m): 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2012
No wonder capitalism is termed EVIL.
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by tboy1(m): 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
ndcide:

LOL and you live in nigeria? Please go and do some research
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by tboy1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 22, 2012
pro01:

Corporate workers that are remunerated higher than the economic reality are as bad as the politicians, if not worse. Besides, we all know that the 'corporate workers' are bigger thieves than politicians. Before Sansusi's expose, I'm sure we would regard bank MDs like Erastus Akingbola and Cecilia Ibru as 'corporate workers' whose 'hard work' entitled them to private jets and million dollar mansions worldwide.Point is, even the highest paid corporate workers (except for directors and executives) would struggle to legally earn N21m per annum in a slow, stagnant, and unproductive economy like Nigeria's. All the thieves you see buying luxury cars, living in N150m mansions in Lekki, etc, yet claiming to be bank managers or telecom execs, accountants, etc are worse than the politicians. They become multi millionaires by manipulating the books, bending the rules, and commiting countless unethical and unprofessional acts. I'm not claiming to be innocent, but the truth must be told.Don't ever try to suggest that corporate employees (even in the oil and gas industry!) living solely on their legitimate/ethical earnings without engaging in under-the-table 'deals' can afford the Porsche lifestyle. That would be naive at best, and at worst deceitful.

Read my post again. I wrote a high % of weathly nigerians have nothing related to politics i.e there are other ways to be rich in nigeria without politics.
So you're saying no corporate worker in the whole of Lagos can afford a Porshe without being dodgy?
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Nobody: 8:07pm On Mar 22, 2012
tboy1:

Read my post again. I wrote a high % of weathly nigerians have nothing related to politics i.e there are other ways to be rich in nigeria without politics.
So you're saying no corporate worker in the whole of Lagos can afford a Porshe without being dodgy?

Nope, that's not what I said. A corporate worker can afford even a Buggatti without being 'dodgy' if: (1) his wealth is inherited, (2) he won a really big lottery, and (3) has the likes of Bola Shagaya as sugar mummies (but that wan sef dodgy small).

Other than that, in Nigeria, I'm afraid, you have to indulge in some kind of illegality or unethical conduct as a corporate worker salaried employee in order to live the multi-millionaire lifestyle. Even if it is true that a few wise/lucky/shrewd corporate workers can re-invest their legitimate earnings in profitable businesses to eventually become millionaires, it is very unlikely that such shrewd chaps would go about wasting their savings on vanity goods like Porsches, isn't it? Let's not kid ourselves here bro.
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by hackney(m): 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2012
Abuja babes will start demanding for the cute porsche 911 instead of blackberries from sugar daddyos.
sweet. cool
Nigerians put the 'con' in Consumerism.
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by pynkspyce: 3:07pm On Mar 23, 2012
Good for them
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Ignatio(m): 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2012
BB Porsche and Porsche 911... Excellent combo.
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by oladayo042: 5:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
"On his 20,000 Naira salary per mth, it'd take him 125yrs to be able to buy such a car, if he doesn't buy anythg else"

The rich-poor dichotomy in Nigeria
Re: Porsche Targets Rich Nigerians' Love For Luxury by Kayharry(m): 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need An Urgent Loan / CBN To Withdraw N7.9tr Dirty, Mutilated Notes / Liberty Reserve Scam: Be Warned:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.