Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Gov.ta Orji Flags Off Direct Public Sales Of Kerosene To Abians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov.ta Orji Flags Off Direct Public Sales Of Kerosene To Abians (449 Views)

Gov. TA Orji - Pioneering Governance With Lies / Ta Orji Disgraced At Aba During Ojukwu Burial Rites / Governor T.A Orji Xmas Message To Abians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gov.ta Orji Flags Off Direct Public Sales Of Kerosene To Abians by emindu: 6:46pm On Mar 21, 2012
A SPEECH DELIVERED BY HIS EXCELLENCY, CHIEF T. A. ORJI (OCHENDO), GOVERNOR ABIA STATE, ON THE OCCASION OF THE FLAG-OFF CEREMONY OF THE OCHENDO DIRECT KEROSENE SALE TO ABIANS.

I am very pleased to be here today, to conduct this simple, but all important ceremony, which heralds the direct sale of kerosene product to Abians, at affordable price. The scarcity of kerosene, and its rare availability, only at very highly inflated prices, has recently become a topic of great concern and worry to our people.This is no doubt, because of the multiple alternative use of kerosene product to our people – especially for cooking in the cities, and also for providing light in many other cases.I am aware of the great pain and sufferings which many Abians are going through, partly as a result of their search for kerosene, and the other over-all impact of the partial removal of fuel subsidy. This is why our Government is now intervening with the Ochendo Direct Kerosene Sales Initiative, so that we can ameliorate the pains and sufferings of our people. We intend to keep doing much-much more in this direction.
I am very much aware of the problems experienced by our citizens in the supply of major petroleum products, including kerosene. The scheme we flag-off today will begin to address these problems, and will initially be available to residents of Umuahia, as a pilot project.It will subsequently be extended to the other 17 Local Government Areas of the State, and in a rotational basis.This scheme, which will be facilitated by the NNPC and Capital Oil & Gas Ltd, have assured us that a total of 56,000 liters of kerosene will be made available for this pilot project. This same quantity of supply will be equally available for distribution to each of the 17 LGAs, when it is their turn.
This direct sales initiative of kerosene to Abians, will certainly not satisfy all the needs of our people, but it is a welcome assistance, and I urge our people to accept this intervention as an on-going enterprise of our Government and the Collaborators, to support the individual households in our State, especially the women that are on the receiving end of the kerosene scarcity.For good measure, every household is assured of the supply of 20 liters of kerosene at the pump price of Fifty Naira, each time the Ochendo Direct Kerosene Sales Tanker, comes calling!
It is my expectation that all those that participate in this scheme, will be very orderly, no round tripping, and put up their best behavior to ensure the success of the entire exercise. Our Government will work closely with the Police and other Security Agencies, to provide adequate security and ensure discipline during this exercise.I must conclude by reminding Abians, that our Government means well for this State, and will not deviate from our pact with the people, in providing honest governance that will be responsive to the yearnings of Abians.We are committed to building a sustainable foundation for the development of our State and for posterity. For your sake and without personal considerations, we will thread where angels fear to go, our concern is to make the future Abia, great indeed!
For this path-breaking venture, we will continue to seek for your support, prayers and patience.
Thank you,and God bless Abia State

(1) (Reply)

This House Would Rise Again! / Boko Haram Spokesman, Abu Qaqa II, Feared Killed / Lt Iweha Commended The Kano People For Assisting The JTF .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.