Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack (14488 Views)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / President Flees As Rebels Seize Presidential Palace In Central Africa Republic / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by eherbal(m): 8:51am On Mar 22, 2012
Renegade Malian soldiers have declared on state television that they have seized power in a coup after the government’s failure to quell a nomad-led rebellion in the northern part of the country.

This is coming after heavy gun shots were heard around the presidential palace in the capital, Bamako throughout the night.

The soldiers promised to “hand power back to a democratically elected president as soon as the country is reunified and its integrity is no longer threatened.” They have declared an immediate curfew “until further notice”. It is unclear where the president and members of his government are now.
http://www.portalangop.co.ao/motix/en_us/noticias/africa/2012/2/12/Renegade-Mali-soldiers-announce-takeover,232289a5-e1ce-4563-a78c-eb79a72d2411.html
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by ndidibabe(f): 9:35am On Mar 22, 2012
Better!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nayah(f): 9:38am On Mar 22, 2012
Yes I've heard that since yesterday evening...so sad but at the same time this was previsible, how come you leave a region ( the North) abandonned to the terrorists and leave your people in the fear, that's the result I'm so sad sad
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 22, 2012
Is it not the same use-less president that went to marry a lady young enough to be his grand daughter and paying N21million (equivalent) for pride price.

Make them shoot him 3rd leg commot come hang am upside down for tree.

Next is Nig*****

This is what should happen to countries governed by clueless and corrupt leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by moderattor: 9:40am On Mar 22, 2012
isnt this their second disruption in 2yrs?
Who says nigeria isnt real cool?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by LagBlogger(m): 9:44am On Mar 22, 2012
Nigerians better watch it! Let Boko Haram menace not be an excuse for some disgruntled elements to capture power.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 9:46am On Mar 22, 2012
^^^^ Are you a Malian? Cos i don't get the 'I'm so sad' bit
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 9:47am On Mar 22, 2012
Nayah: Yes I've heard that since yesterday evening...so sad but at the same time this was previsible, how come you leave a region ( the North) abandonned to the terrorists and leave your people in the fear, that's the result I'm so sad sad

Are you a Malian? Cos i dont get the 'I'm so sad' bit.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Arouser(m): 9:47am On Mar 22, 2012
ndidibabe: Better!

From your post it is either you very naive or that you do not know the damage a coup can do to a country. You see a topic and you begin to post senseless and idiotic comments. Just take a look at what the millitary did to our beloved Naija.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2012
talknafree: Is it not the same use-less president that went to marry a lady young enough to be his grand daughter and paying N21million (equivalent) for pride price.

Next is Nig*****

This is what should happen to countries governed by clueless and corrupt leaders.

You couldnt have said it better. They feel because the world is against dictatorship, they can continue to loot their country's treasuries and continue to act corruptly and irresponsibly and cluelessly. Na God go punish the bas.tards
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by emsquare(m): 9:51am On Mar 22, 2012
Interesting!!!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Arouser(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2012
talknafree: Is it not the same use-less president that went to marry a lady young enough to be his grand daughter and paying N21million (equivalent) for pride price.

Next is Nig*****

So you are supporting a coup? It is obvious you lack life experience and good judgement. Ewu!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by stepo707: 10:02am On Mar 22, 2012
emsquare: Interesting!!!
Yea very interesting
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 10:08am On Mar 22, 2012
Arouser:

So you are supporting a coup? It is obvious you lack life experience and good judgement. Ewu!

First of, you are a bas.tard for calling me ewu. My crime? Just because i expressed my opinion on a topic.

Second, the only guarantee against a coup is if the so called politicians or democratically elected government rule their citizens honestly, justly and with sympathy for their plight ALWAYS. If any civilian government doesnt do that, then i will gladly support a coup that will seize power, try their bas.tard assses and jail or execute them, conduct free, fair and credible elections, hand over power to the elected government ASAP and while they are in power, let them rule honestly, justly and with a positive sense of direction.

So my point in summary Mr. I.diot, is that I am a sucker for good governance anywhere on the forking planet. I dont give a fork if it is oligarchy, monarchy, dictatorship or democracy. I dont give a fork. So long as majority of your citizens are happy with their rulers!

6 Likes

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by phreakabit(m): 10:09am On Mar 22, 2012
I hope they can annihilate those Tuareg bastardis now!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by ukofi: 10:10am On Mar 22, 2012
oh my God tongue tongue tongue
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nayah(f): 10:13am On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict:

Are you a Malian? Cos i dont get the 'I'm so sad' bit.
I'm an African (Cameroon/Tanzania) but I'm sad because I know these cool people called Malians
Btw I don't get why people are omparing, saying Nigeria is cooler or whatever and so on is it the topic?? sometimes I don't really get some people
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by k10: 10:25am On Mar 22, 2012
Arouser:

From your post it is either you very naive or that you do not know the damage a coup can do to a country. You see a topic and you begin to post senseless and idiotic comments. Just take a look at what the millitary did to our beloved Naija.

What damage ? the damage already done by the democrats ? We have been brainwashed to think democracy will automatically fix all our problems, forgetting that democracy is just a system that can only work well if the right people man it and abide by its rules.

2 Likes

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Arouser(m): 10:29am On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict:

First of, you are a bas.tard for calling me ewu. My crime? Just because i expressed my opinion on a topic.

Second, the only guarantee against a coup is if the so called politicians or democratically elected government rule their citizens honestly, justly and with sympathy for their plight ALWAYS. If any civilian government doesnt do that, then i will gladly support a coup that will seize power, try their bas.tard assses and jail or execute them, conduct free, fair and credible elections, hand over power to the elected government ASAP and while they are in power, let them rule honestly, justly and with a positive sense of direction.

So my point in summary Mr. I.diot, is that I am a sucker for good governance anywhere on the forking planet. I dont give a fork if it is oligarchy, monarchy, dictatorship or democracy. I dont give a fork. So long as majority of your citizens are happy with their rulers!

Every word written above smells of naivity and ignorance. It is obvious that your chicken brains cannot understand the backwardness a coup can cause.

Every word written above smells of naivity and ignorance.I'm very sure your chicken brains cannot understand the carnge backwardness a coup can cause.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by fred2265: 10:32am On Mar 22, 2012
An interesting development.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 10:34am On Mar 22, 2012
Arouser:

Every word written above smells of naivity and ignorance.I'm very sure your chicken brains cannot understand the carnge backwardness a coup can cause.

But your forking fish brain understands the forwardness of having a corrupt, clueless, and wicked democracy? ID.iot that just copies things from the west just because it worked for them.

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by andrewza: 10:35am On Mar 22, 2012
They are a disgrace to there uniform and have betrayed there nation. There Is a special place in hell for people who betray there nation like this.

So what if a country is beaning run badly. It is a civilian matter. The only time a coup is acceptable is when the government becomes a directed threat to the people, land and constitution.

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 22, 2012
When would something like this happen in Naija? I want the military back cry
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by maclatunji: 10:48am On Mar 22, 2012
GEJ must be quaking in his boots (if he has any). Expect an increase in Salaries of the military.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Arouser(m): 10:50am On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict:

But your forking fish brain understands the forwardness of having a corrupt, clueless, and wicked democracy? ID.iot that just copies things from the west just because it worked for them.

Let me put it to you this way Mr. Retarded, The worst form of democracy is better than the best millitary regime. It seems your dad is in the army and is thinking of messing up with Naija's democracy. Well i doubt if hi shitty brains can carry him that far. slowpoke!

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by otokx(m): 10:54am On Mar 22, 2012
The Malian president brought this predicament upon himself; dining with the devil using a short spoon.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by ndidibabe(f): 10:58am On Mar 22, 2012
Arouser:

Can you please go through you post again to confirm how senseless your post is? I made only one comment and you are here ranting that i made senseless and idiotic comments. Where did you get that? Anyway, do you know anything about Mali at all? The only way corrupt leaders can be flushed out of goverment is Force which 'can' be achieved by a coup if the legislature is also made up of corrupt men. Who says nothing good can come out of the military? Abubakar is the reason we have democracy in Nigeria today. The soldiers has promised to conduct elections and return power to civilian so why not give them an iota of doubt at least.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by coolted(m): 11:01am On Mar 22, 2012
e-herbal:
Renegade Malian soldiers have declared on state television that they have seized power in a coup after the government’s failure to quell a nomad-led rebellion in the northern part of the country.

This is coming after heavy gun shots were heard around the presidential palace in the capital, Bamako throughout the night.

The soldiers promised to “hand power back to a democratically elected president as soon as the country is reunified and its integrity is no longer threatened.” They have declared an immediate curfew “until further notice”. It is unclear where the president and members of his government are now.
http://www.portalangop.co.ao/motix/en_us/noticias/africa/2012/2/12/Renegade-Mali-soldiers-announce-takeover,232289a5-e1ce-4563-a78c-eb79a72d2411.html

i think they should start planning an immediate democratic election now.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 11:05am On Mar 22, 2012
Arouser:

Let me put it to you this way Mr. Retarded, The worst form of democracy is better than the best millitary regime. It seems your dad is in the army and is thinking of messing up with Naija's democracy. Well i doubt if hi shitty brains can carry him that far. slowpoke!

I see. 'The worst form of democracy is better than the best military regime.' How will that not be so, when your father and mother are in abuja milking naija dry and you are enjoying the loot. How will you not make such idi.otic comment?Bloody parasitic child and parasitic parents. Surviving on naija. No wonder you lot are so scared of naija having an honest leader who will try you all and have you jailed or executed cos of your corrupt practices. Barrawo banza!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by ndidibabe(f): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict:

I see. 'The worst form of democracy is better than the best military regime.' How will that not be so, when your father and mother are in abuja milking naija dry and you are enjoying the loot. How will you not make such idi.otic comment?Bloody parasitic child and parasitic parents. Surviving on naija. No wonder you lot are so scared of naija having an honest leader who will try you all and have you jailed or executed cos of your corrupt practices. Barrawo banza!
Don't mind the Idio@t. I find it hard to understand his logic = A bad democracy is better than a good miltary regime. Even, a nusery 2 pupil will hardly come out with this logic.

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Arouser(m): 11:19am On Mar 22, 2012
ndidibabe: Can you please go through you post again to confirm how senseless your post is? I made only one comment and you are here ranting that i made senseless and idiotic comments. Where did you get that? Anyway, do you know anything about Mali at all? The only way corrupt leaders can be flushed out of goverment is Force which 'can' be achieved by a coup if the legislature is also made up of corrupt men. Who says nothing good can come out of the military? Abubakar is the reason we have democracy in Nigeria today. The soldiers has promised to conduct elections and return power to civilian so why not give them an iota of doubt at least.

Let me ask you this; How much did Abacha steal from Nigeria?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by ndidibabe(f): 11:27am On Mar 22, 2012
Arouser:

Let me ask you this; How much did Abacha steal from Nigeria?
Na wha o! U just dey fall my hand! How does this question relates to the topic? Ok, Abacha stole several billions of Naira . That makes a miltary Govt bad, right? How much did Obasanjo steal, sir?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My SAPS: South African Police Launches A Crime-fighting App (PIX) / Three Israeli Hostages Mistakenly Killed By IDF / Emmerson Mnangagwa To Be Sworn In As Zimbabwe President On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.