Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,802 members, 7,841,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack (14506 Views)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / President Flees As Rebels Seize Presidential Palace In Central Africa Republic / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by andrewza: 2:35pm On Mar 22, 2012
The military must never rule the country they must serve it
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
I hope this action of the malian soldiers will not spark another era of millitary rule in West Africa. I strongly believe that the worst of civil rule is by far better than the best millitary rule you can find anywhere in the world.West Africa can not afford to be dragged back to the era of millitary rule.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Dainfamous: 3:34pm On Mar 22, 2012
the source is not existing cool
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 22, 2012
Instead of a coupe they should have gone after the terrorists themselves. This is an avenue to cause chaos in that country. Coupe is the worse means to finding solution to political problem rather it is a political problem by itself!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
faithin9ja: @Beeke

[color=#006600][/color]

Young man, I use the term 'misguided' not as an insult but as a truism. I say misguided because you have looked at the ills of PDP, ACN even CPC, you have heard stories of stories of coca cola at 13k when military were in power, or firing squads that Jerry Rawlings carried out in Ghana and your automatic conclusion is that 'military' is better than democracy.

Trust me, I too was misguided, in 1984 we rejoiced when Buhari took over power from Shagari, I was in final year university, because we had grown up under military, we were happy that there was a coup. I remember reading the Umaru Dikko press statement in London calling the Buhari and Idiagbon a 'military junta'. In my misguided mind I screamed how dare this thief call our Federal Military government a 'junta'- junta was for despotic military rulers in South American banana republics, not our Supreme Military Council - I was so misguided.

We are all shouting about N85k meal or N850k because we are in democracy (a bad democracy, but a democracy).

Google 'Decree No4 Buhari' and come back and tell me how good military are.

You talk about how much the presidency spends on a meal. And since it came to your knowledge, what have you been able to do about it? Has 1 kobo been removed from the budget for each meal? So what difference does your knowing about this depressing fact make to the presidency?

Mind you, i am not canvassing for an Abacha kind of military government or IBB. Those are disasters. I would rather have a responsible military government. A government that will fight against corruption, try, jail and execute all those rougues in agbada in abuja, strengthen our anti-corruption agencies, and instill dicipline into the subconcious of nigerians and then when all this is done, hand over power to an elected government after conducting a free, fair and credible elction. Out of all the coups we have had in naija, only Buhari-Idiagbon regime came close to the kind of military government i am talking about here.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 3:55pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^
Dude, go try to educate yourself on what life is all about before coming here with childish statements. Indeed, your view is disturbing to average knowledgeable minds
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by extension: 3:57pm On Mar 22, 2012
No military,No military.do you think we practice democracy in nigeria? I wonder if its same democracy in other countries we practice here in Nigeria.
who cares wether military or not provided we have all the good things govt suppose to provide.My conclusion is that we need jerrys way in Nigeria.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by andrewza: 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2012
I will say again. The military has no place running a country. yes if a leader steps out of line they can remove him then hand over to a civilian structure. The constitutional court is a good body to over see the time of no government or call a emergency session and have the members of parliament vote a temporary president in place
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 4:03pm On Mar 22, 2012
all4naija: ^^^
Dude, go try to educate yourself on what life is all about before coming here with childish statements. Indeed, your view is disturbing to average knowledgeable minds

Hell No! You go educate yourself on what life is all about. All you direct beneficiaries of corruption in our government are so easy to spot. Cos your father is sucking a senator's assss in abuja and getting paid and he in turn hands down some change to you does not mean i will support the kind of crappy democracy we have in naija.

The kind of democracy we have in naija is too expensive to run, too corrupt to sustain and too wicked for the common man. I just might overlook all these ills, if they our rulers provided us with steady power, good roads, gooed education, good health care, secure our lives and property etc. Reality check reveals we are a long long way from enjoying all these. Yet each senator earns about N27million plus quarterly. Multiply that by 109 senators and four hundred and something legislators. That is what they earn for doing NOTHING. The only thing they do is to chase after UniAbuja chics and you dare come here to tell me about democracy. Well i got something for you. FORK YOU AND FORK NAIJA'S VERSION OF DEMOCRACY.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^^^
You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't stop the truth from being told. If you think dictators are better than a democratic presidents then you are among those who support the suppression of human rights at a high level. Imagine what Nigerians had gone through during the military regimes against these democracy at it infancy using it to judge the whole failures of the people to take their responsibilities at the right time. Listen very good, democracy gives you rights to your nation and it is up to you to act on it. Not like dictators'!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by extension: 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2012
@all4naija
the military can not go after the terrorist without the president who is the commander in chief giving order, therefore since the beef is out ,they can now deal with bastards.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict:

Hell No! You go educate yourself on what life is all about. All you direct beneficiaries of corruption in our government are so easy to spot. Cos your father is sucking a senator's assss in abuja and getting paid and he in turn hands down some change to you does not mean i will support the kind of crappy democracy we have in naija.

The kind of democracy we have in naija is too expensive to run, too corrupt to sustain and too wicked for the common man. I just might overlook all these ills, if they our rulers provided us with steady power, good roads, gooed education, good health care, secure our lives and property etc. Reality check reveals we are a long long way from enjoying all these. Yet each senator earns about N27million plus quarterly. Multiply that by 109 senators and four hundred and something legislators. That is what they earn for doing NOTHING. The only thing they do is to chase after UniAbuja chics and you dare come here to tell me about democracy. Well i got something for you. FORK YOU AND FORK NAIJA'S VERSION OF DEMOCRACY.
Another misinformed and clueless individual pointing finger at me. It is a shame you conclude on things based on your failing assumptions. Another ignorant Nigerian like you!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by andrewza: 4:09pm On Mar 22, 2012
I doubt they will win. Any military that shows such ill discipline is not a very compotated one.

And they did it just before election they had no idea what the new president would have done. They should all be shot for this crime
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 22, 2012
extension: @all4naija
the military can not go after the terrorist without the president who is the commander in chief giving order, therefore since the beef is out ,they can now deal with bastards.
Why not? But, they were able to carry out a coupe without the government directives. Come on! If they tried there was every reason they would be supported by the people. What have they as plans to arrest the terrorism? Don't be deceived it is just another avenue to cause more problem in the country.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by creserve: 4:11pm On Mar 22, 2012
It is apparent that what we have in Nigeria is not democracy!It is not democracy because most of our so called leaders were imposed on us and not freely chosen by the masses[another form of a coup d'tat ].Moreover,there are so many imperfections, even in the constitution that the civilian government find difficult to correct and are not likely to be able to address.There is the urgent need for a redefinition of the roles of some of the democratic institutions,including the national assembly.Including their remuneration and oversight function powers that are just conduit pipes for corruption!Conclusively,i will welcome a military that will stay briefly and sanitize the system!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by extension: 4:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
Do you think if it happens now in nigeria,what will you miss in civilian regime? I do not want to mention names ,but major civil rights group is regretting fighting for this kind of democracy being practice in nigeria.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by sylve11: 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2012
ndidibabe: Na wha o! U just dey fall my hand! How does this question relates to the topic? Ok, Abacha stole several billions of Naira . That makes a miltary Govt bad, right? How much did Obasanjo steal, sir?

Many Nairas, Mam! grin grin grin grin cool
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 4:18pm On Mar 22, 2012
all4naija: Another misinformed and clueless individual pointing finger at me. It is a shame you conclude on things based on your failing assumptions. Another ignorant Nigerian like you!

I can see why you feel you are the only informed and clueful goat on Nairaland. Like i said earlier, i know you survive only because your father eats a senator's asssss in abuja. So to you democracy must stay irrespective of the ills it brings to us as nigerians. All i am asking for goat, is a responsible government. a government that will provide us with basic amenities, a government that will be honest, responsible, transparent and disciplined. A government that will be sensitive to the yearnings of the common man. That is the government i canvass for here. I dont bloody care whether it's oligarchy, monarchy or dictatorship. But thus far, the pseudo democracy you currently practise in naija hasn't even met one just one of my requirements for good governance. so again i say to you, FORK YOU AND FORK NAIJA'S VERSION OF DEMOCRACY.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by nomshu(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2012
those wish to see dis kind thing in naija, jst a priviledge infor that this nonesence no go happen for naija. chief jona fire on
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 4:22pm On Mar 22, 2012
@creserve

If you know that, what steps have you taken to address it? You don't know your rights that is what you mean with that. If they are imposed on you and they claimed to the world they have gone through electoral processes, the thing to do is finding a solution so that you won't be at disadvantage.

Nigeria is experiencing democracy, that I can agree with. On the other hand, you don't expect things to just turn out the way you want overnight. There are many disturbing elements in the government who are ready to cause trouble, as far as democracy is at its infancy in a nation brutalized by dictators who are still in some tentative positions. Open your eyes and stop comparing apples and oranges.These military dictators are the people who put this nation in that position and some people are clamoring for them to come back. It is a shameful thing to hear.

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict:

I can see why you feel you are the only informed and clueful goat on Nairaland. Like i said earlier, i know you survive only because your father eats a senator's asssss in abuja. So to you democracy must stay irrespective of the ills it brings to us as nigerians. All i am asking for goat, is a responsible government. a government that will provide us with basic amenities, a government that will be honest, responsible, transparent and disciplined. A government that will be sensitive to the yearnings of the common man. That is the government i canvass for here. I dont bloody care whether it's oligarchy, monarchy or dictatorship. But thus far, the pseudo democracy you currently practise in naija hasn't even met one just one of my requirements for good governance. so again i say to you, FORK YOU AND FORK NAIJA'S VERSION OF DEMOCRACY.
Zap off ignorant face!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by extension: 4:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
Is not late yet .Pls lets sit down and fashion out a better way to govern this country.we can check out our forefathers way till british rules came in. Pls am dead serious about what am saying.Fighting or cursing each other will not help at all.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by shabee: 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2012
DAT IS GOOD 4 OUR AFRICAN LEADERS, WHOSE WANT STAY LONG IN POWER. AND SHOULD BE A LESSON TO OTHERS.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2012
shabee: DAT IS GOOD 4 OUR AFRICAN LEADERS, WHOSE WANT STAY LONG IN POWER. AND SHOULD BE A LESSON TO OTHERS.
Is staying in power the bone of contention here? The issue is with the type of government people want in the position of presidency.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Arosa(m): 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict:

You talk about how much the presidency spends on a meal. And since it came to your knowledge, what have you been able to do about it? Has 1 kobo been removed from the budget for each meal? So what difference does your knowing about this depressing fact make to the presidency?

Mind you, i am not canvassing for an Abacha kind of military government or IBB. Those are disasters. I would rather have a responsible military government. A government that will fight against corruption, try, jail and execute all those rougues in agbada in abuja, strengthen our anti-corruption agencies, and instill dicipline into the subconcious of nigerians and then when all this is done, hand over power to an elected government after conducting a free, fair and credible elction. Out of all the coups we have had in naija, only Buhari-Idiagbon regime came close to the kind of military government i am talking about here.

Dreams can come through, We all need to have them.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2012
all4naija: Zap off ignorant face!

Hey just before i fork off (I no sabi who dey teach the bas.tard english) let me ask you this question and i need you to respond truthfully and may God be your witness. I beg of you, do not lie. ARE YOU FULLY RESIDENT IN NAIJA?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by faithin9ja: 4:51pm On Mar 22, 2012
@Fork Addict

[color=#006600][/color]

You seem like an intelligent fellow (although I can't being doing with all those stupid insults flying around)

There is no such as good military government, some boys from the barracks don't have any right to tell YOU how to live your life, but that's military men do all the time in Africa. If your moto jam soldier-man moto you go dey fear why who is a soldier-man, his job is to guard the nation and her citizens not terrorize them. Soldiers are not rulers. People revolution not military coup. if the soldiers want they can join us BUT never rule us.

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 4:57pm On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict:

Hey just before i fork off (I no sabi who dey teach the bas.tard english) let me ask you this question and i need you to respond truthfully and may God be your witness. I beg of you, do not lie. ARE YOU FULLY RESIDENT IN NAIJA?
*shaking my head* shocked shocked shocked

This is the last time I would respond to any of your comments. No!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by andrewza: 4:59pm On Mar 22, 2012
faithin9ja: @Fork Addict

[color=#006600][/color]

You seem like an intelligent fellow (although I can't being doing with all those stupid insults flying around)

There is no such as good military government, some boys from the barracks don't have any right to tell YOU how to live your life, but that's military men do all the time in Africa. If your moto jam soldier-man moto you go dey fear why who is a soldier-man, his job is to guard the nation and her citizens not terrorize them. Soldiers are not rulers. People revolution not military coup. if the soldiers want they can join us BUT never rule us.

viva the people power to the people NOT THE MILTARY.

This is from a PROUND member of the South African Defense Force for 3 years
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by kulutempa: 5:01pm On Mar 22, 2012
My conclusion after reading all the posts above is that Nigerians are suckers and have very short memories. For those clamoring for military rule I will ask you one question and I hope you can give a honest answer.
The question is: What difference has more than 30 years of military rule made to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2012
faithin9ja: @Fork Addict

[color=#006600][/color]

I agree absolutely with the emboldened. However people revolution can never and will never happen in nigeria because of the heterogenous composition of our country. Imagine if people want to revolt because of Jonathan's misrule (which i feel is long overdue tho, do you really think niger deltans will support the revolution? The answer is no and if by chance the revolution goes on as planned and succeeds then MEND will start terrorising the nation and that will only mean chaos. samething with a revolution when the sitting president is from the north or south west. The region from which the sitting president hails will not support the revolution. hence, ther can never be a people revolution in nigeria. So if i ask you, how can we ensure that those rogues governing us in abuja are honest, disciplined, transparent and sensitive to the plight of nigerians? How? The only way is to criminalise any kind of corrupt act in such a way as to instill fear in them not to be corrupt. Check out singapore and a few other nations in asia. Those government officials will see public funds and will be scared to misappropriate it. Why? Cos they know that once they are caught and tried and are convicted, then they will pay with their heads. Tell me how can we put such a system in place in naija?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emmerson Mnangagwa To Be Sworn In As Zimbabwe President On Friday / Three Israeli Hostages Mistakenly Killed By IDF / Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.