Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,822 members, 7,851,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack (14514 Views)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / President Flees As Rebels Seize Presidential Palace In Central Africa Republic / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Arosa(m): 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2012
kulutempa: My conclusion after reading all the posts above is that Nigerians are suckers and have very short memories. For those clamoring for military rule I will ask you one question and I hope you can give a honest answer.
The question is: What difference has more than 30 years of military rule made to Nigeria?

Nigerians are not suckers, its just that we have our fair share of ninnies among us.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2012
^^
This is what Nigerians are good at. How long would you keep thinking about something than to act? You almost succeed in Subsidy removal protest. Has that not been an evidence change can be possible in democratic regime?

1 Like

Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 5:09pm On Mar 22, 2012
all4naija: *shaking my head* shocked shocked shocked

This is the last time I would respond to any of your comments. No!

You see. You are not resident in naija and you dare come here to tell me how i should feel given the level of moral decadence displayed by our rulers? I guess you are in europe or yankee where you have good roads, steady power supply 2-4-7, world class health care, adequate security of your life and property and I am here in naija where i enjoy none of these things solely because our rulers (rogues) in abuja are busy milking the nation dry and are so clueless that they dont even know why they are in abuja in the first place and not because naija is such a poor country. And you expect both of us to be on the same page? You expect both of us to feel the same way about corruption in naija? are you sane at all?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2012
cry lipsrsealed
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 5:18pm On Mar 22, 2012
kulutempa: My conclusion after reading all the posts above is that Nigerians are suckers and have very short memories. For those clamoring for military rule I will ask you one question and I hope you can give a honest answer.
The question is: What difference has more than 30 years of military rule made to Nigeria?

FYI, we have not had more than 30 years of military rule in naija. We have had 29 and 23 years of civillian regime. I ask you cummulatively, is there any difference between both types of government? My answer is no. So, the answer to our problems in naija is not the type of regime, but the kind of leaders we have always had since independence.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2012
Has any military leader done better than Fashola in Lagos state? There are many testament to reasons why democratically elected leaders can be more manageable than dictators(military)
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 5:28pm On Mar 22, 2012
all4naija:
Has any military leader done better than Fashola in Lagos state? There are many testament to reasons why democratically elected leaders can be more manageable than dictators(military)

We do not have a common ground on which we can relate so any further discussion on the above subject will not only be pointless, it will also be futile. You reside outside naija and i reside in naija. Fully.

But to answer your question, Buba marwa
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2012
Indeed, I was not referring to you,sir! Just on about some point. Mohammed Buba Marwa is not even close to Fashola when it comes to development. I think most Lagosians can point to that. Jeez! You can state a name and expect me to agree on the ground you think I'm outside of the country. That's some excuse some Nigerians or individuals are using to assert their erred arguments in this forum.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2012
all4naija: Indeed, I was not referring to you,sir! Just on about some point. Mohammed Buba Marwa is not even close to Fashola when it comes to development. I think most Lagosians can point to that. Jeez! You can state a name and expect me to agree on the ground you think I'm outside of the country. That's some excuse some Nigerians or individuals are using to assert their erred arguments in this forum.

OK. So you know much more and feel much more strongly about naija than i do given the fact that you are resident outside naija and i am fully resident in naija? FYI, fashola since assuming office has gone on an agressive tax regime. I know this for a fact given how much gets deducted from my salary as tax. No be beans. That was not the same with Marwa. So, fashola has much more funds to pull off stunts in lagos than Marwa but even at that, Marwa's regime was far better of than most civillian regimes we have had in lagos.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 5:46pm On Mar 22, 2012
@ all4naija abi na wetin be your username. Please change your name to all4UK or all4yankee or wherever you dey.

Besides, if you really enjoy democracy as it is being practised in naija, and if you really love naija that much why not pack your bags and return to naija whether no be suffer go kill you finish. And you come on NL asking peiople to embrace naija's pseudo-democracy?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 22, 2012
fork adict: @ all4naija abi na wetin be your username. Please change your name to all4UK or all4yankee or wherever you dey.

Besides, if you really enjoy democracy as it is being practised in naija, and if you really love naija that much why not pack your bags and return to naija whether no be suffer go kill you finish. And you come on NL asking peiople to embrace naija's pseudo-democracy?
I intended not to attend to any of your comments but your lack of knowledge is patronizing.Can you see the reason why I would keep embarrassing you? Your assumption is very wrong. It is as obtuse as your makeup.What do you know about me? Nothing! I am not here to start telling you about my life, dude!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by chux76(m): 6:39pm On Mar 22, 2012
Naija next....
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by mufc009(m): 7:01pm On Mar 22, 2012
I cant find it hard to believe somebody is supporting the type of democracy in nigeria.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by kulutempa: 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
Ha, ha, ha. They haven't even spent a day in power and they have started looting.

BBC News: Mali soldiers loot Presidential Palace after coup http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17474946

Once they finish looting the national palace, you can bet a million dollars that they will descend on the national treasury. Yeah right, they are indeed protecting the national interests grin
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by 9zeros(m): 7:48pm On Mar 22, 2012
andrewza: They are a disgrace to there uniform and have betrayed there nation. There Is a special place in hell for people who betray there nation like this.

So what if a country is beaning run badly. It is a civilian matter. The only time a coup is acceptable is when the government becomes a directed threat to the people, land and constitution.
dont comment after smoking, take some time to get normal.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by member479760: 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2012
Bleep up again in Africa, we are waiting for The world president for action.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by jidewin(m): 8:45pm On Mar 22, 2012
heheheh Jona for don dey check with his MINISTER of DEFENSE by now. "ol boy,How far?We still dey in charge?". grin
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Demoore(m): 9:19pm On Mar 22, 2012
Please for all those that don't know what a coup is or what it can cause please refer to Nigeria's 1967 - 1970 civil war. Nigeria lost about 200,000 Nigerians and 1,000,000 million 'Biafrans' (mostly women and children) during the war.

A coup is certainly not the best way to go. The Military are better geared to defend the country not rule or govern it.

Nigeria as a nation is still suffering the effect of its bloody civil war. The NYSC was instituted after the civil in attempt to foster national unity.

Excerpts from NYSC website: ''The ultimate objective of the NYSC Scheme is to achieve national unity through mobihisation of the Youths of this country for service in the N'YSC Scheme. Corps members are to be exposed to life in other parts of the country and to learn at first hand the many similarities anddiversities of culture and traditions of the various ethnic groups in the country with a view to eliminating any inherent prejudices etc. Corps members therefore have no choice as to where they would like to serve.Corp Members are discouraged from lobbying for choice stations.''

Please please and please do not wish for what you no little about.

Revolution sounds good till its your father, mother, brother or sister that's dragged out of the house and shot or raped and then shot!
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Demoore(m): 9:32pm On Mar 22, 2012
Decree 4: The trial, conviction of two Guardian journalists
Font size: FRANCIS FAMOROTI 04/07/2011 01:08:00

http://nationalmirroronline.net/law-and-justice/law-justices-news/15483.html
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by OzReal(m): 9:35pm On Mar 22, 2012
In my opinion, the Military incursion into politics,especially since the 1960s, and the democratic system currently being operated in Nigeria is like being caught between Satan and Lucifer. Military rule since the time of Gowon to Abacha completely set us back a century of progression, while the current politicians under this democratic system have taken looting and irresponsibility to a staggering level. However, there is no doubt that a democracy is still better than a military system of government. Granted, democracy has given us pilfering legends like Ibori, but military rule also gave us Abacha and Babangida,who alongside Ibori would go down in folklore as the greatest looters this country has ever known. What we need in Nigeria right now is a total reformation of our institutions in order to strengthen our democracy, especially law enforcement agencies and the judiciary. If our institutions are strengthened, it would be easier to check the excesses of these rogue politicians as opposed to containing the highhandedness and plundering nature of the military should they ever come into power again.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by nigerbabe: 9:48pm On Mar 22, 2012
this is gooooood news!
so when is it happening in Naija? its obvious we are not ready for democracy
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 10:23pm On Mar 22, 2012
mufc009: I cant find it hard to believe somebody is supporting the type of democracy in nigeria.

Dont mind that bas.tard all4naija abi na wetin be im name. Ridiculously enough, he is not based in naija. And he is forming patriotic naija citizen on nairaland. Asking all of us to embrace naija's perverted form of democracy.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by forkadict(m): 10:27pm On Mar 22, 2012
all4naija: I intended not to attend to any of your comments but your lack of knowledge is patronizing.Can you see the reason why I would keep embarrassing you? Your assumption is very wrong. It is as obtuse as your makeup.What do you know about me? Nothing! I am not here to start telling you about my life, dude!

I.diot. You are not embarrassing me in any way, you are only embarrassing yourself. You are not based in naija and you are asking us nigerians that are fully resident in naija to embrace naija's bogus democracy. Do you see what we see? Do you feel what we feel? My prayer is that you be deported from wherever you are back to naija. If you are still alive after 4 years, then i may start thinking about embracing our darling democracy
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by iiiyyyk(m): 11:26pm On Mar 22, 2012
Holy ghost fire burn any military man that will think of coup in Nigeria.

we have not survived the damage the previous aboki's caused. they took this nation back by about 50yrs.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by faboulicious(m): 12:45am On Mar 23, 2012
@ arouser
do u knpw u've being fooling urself on dis forum by posting coments devoid of logical reasoning.

@ndidibabe n fork adict.
abeg make una teach d fool wetin him no know e think say na every thread him go dey type put. mumu.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by igbo2011(m): 1:31am On Mar 23, 2012
http://afrohistorama.over-blog.com/article-the-real-reasons-for-the-coup-in-mali-while-the-elections-were-scheduled-for-april-2012-102075232.html

Yesterday, I have received a phone call from a friend, a French diplomat, and lawyer friend . We discussed on two essential points. On the issue of deportation and the coup that was underway in Mali. He was actually giving me the news at 1pm GMT times. Right now, there was no information about the coup in Mali on any TV channel, this was before any television relaying the news from 3pm.
I asked very specific questions during our conversation, which enabled me to understand what was going on in Mali. What was undercover the military coup!

There are three reasons that I noted:

1 - The president's refusal of the settlement of a French military base in Mali;
2 - The president refusal to sign the repatriation agreement of Malians living in France against in subsidies;
3 - Support of President Gbagbo and Gaddafi, France had not supported his "lack of solidarity in the destabilization of these two systems government cited above.

So why, a coup while the elections were scheduled for next April? Simply because these elections do not suit France, who needs to stabilize Libya from Mali.
Because with elected Malian government and free Mali, it will not be easy to maneuvers and settele a French military base urgently needed.
.The reasons why the first claim of putschist was the military means necessary to combat AQIM! Thus, so the parade is found for any settelement of the French army, then, I said Wait and SEE!!
And if President Gbagbo was right: If I fall, you fall!
My full support to the people of Mali.
Par F. Eyima

What do you think about this?
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Nobody: 2:21am On Mar 23, 2012
fork adict:

I.diot. You are not embarrassing me in any way, you are only embarrassing yourself. You are not based in naija and you are asking us nigerians that are fully resident in naija to embrace naija's bogus democracy. Do you see what we see? Do you feel what we feel? My prayer is that you be deported from wherever you are back to naija. If you are still alive after 4 years, then i may start thinking about embracing our darling democracy
slowpoke. Stark raving m.o.r.o.n suffering from Parkinson is trying to act smart. Deport me from my mother's land? Nigeria is my father's land and there is nothing wrong about that other than you stupid nitwit with a brain as small as that of a mosquito. Go get yourself a cyanide because you are a disgrace to humanity.
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by faithin9ja: 2:38am On Mar 23, 2012
@igbo2011
http://afrohistorama.over-blog.com/article-the-real-reasons-for-the-coup-in-mali-while-the-elections-were-scheduled-for-april-2012-102075232.html

Yesterday, I have received a phone call from a friend, a French diplomat, and lawyer friend . We discussed on two essential points. On the issue of deportation and the coup that was underway in Mali. He was actually giving me the news at 1pm GMT times. Right now, there was no information about the coup in Mali on any TV channel, this was before any television relaying the news from 3pm.
I asked very specific questions during our conversation, which enabled me to understand what was going on in Mali. What was undercover the military coup!

There are three reasons that I noted:

1 - The president's refusal of the settlement of a French military base in Mali;
2 - The president refusal to sign the repatriation agreement of Malians living in France against in subsidies;
3 - Support of President Gbagbo and Gaddafi, France had not supported his "lack of solidarity in the destabilization of these two systems government cited above.

So why, a coup while the elections were scheduled for next April? Simply because these elections do not suit France, who needs to stabilize Libya from Mali.
Because with elected Malian government and free Mali, it will not be easy to maneuvers and settele a French military base urgently needed.
.The reasons why the first claim of putschist was the military means necessary to combat AQIM! Thus, so the parade is found for any settelement of the French army, then, I said Wait and SEE!!
And if President Gbagbo was right: If I fall, you fall!
My full support to the people of Mali.
Par F. Eyima

[color=#006600][/color]

Conspiracy theorists, una don come again

The presidential elections were due in less than a month, the incumbent was not expected to win, France couldn't simply use one of the 4 opposition candidates instead France has to use a bunch of unruly ill disciplined soldiers.

You think the West is happy to send their young men to die in foreign countries, French military base in Mali ke smh
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by Dainfamous: 2:59am On Mar 23, 2012
igbo2011: http://afrohistorama.over-blog.com/article-the-real-reasons-for-the-coup-in-mali-while-the-elections-were-scheduled-for-april-2012-102075232.html

Those french journalist are not journalist,they were there for the coup..............
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by worldrevival: 5:05am On Mar 23, 2012
Video of the Coup d’Etat in Mali
http://africagist.com/video-coup-detat-in-mali/
Re: Mali Soldiers Seize Power After Palace Attack by eherbal(m): 7:28am On Mar 23, 2012
fork adict:

OK. So you know much more and feel much more strongly about naija than i do given the fact that you are resident outside naija and i am fully resident in naija? FYI, fashola since assuming office has gone on an agressive tax regime. I know this for a fact given how much gets deducted from my salary as tax. No be beans. That was not the same with Marwa. So, fashola has much more funds to pull off stunts in lagos than Marwa but even at that, Marwa's regime was far better of than most civillian regimes we have had in lagos.
on point my man.During Marwa's regime,there were no area boys or miscreants on the streets of Lagos.He. Rehabilitated them through skill acquisition and kept them of the streets.Agberos were non existent and security was guaranteed.It was Fashola's godfather,Tinubu,that unleashed those nuisance on us on assumption of office.He and Fashola is now their grand patron as they use the scoundrels as foot soldiers during elections and annihilation of perceived enemies.Till now Fashola has not addressed the issue of gang war that has ravaged Lagos Island,Oshodi,Mushin,Fadeyi,and reecently,Lawanson,which has cost the lives of close to 20people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emmerson Mnangagwa To Be Sworn In As Zimbabwe President On Friday / Three Israeli Hostages Mistakenly Killed By IDF / Russia's Medvedev Dismisses Biden's Arms Pact Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.