Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Can My Brother Take My Government Job? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can My Brother Take My Government Job? (6871 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. / Federal Government Job Vs First Bank Jbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by niddamugu(m): 12:34pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nairaland is fast becoming boring by the day. How can somebody post such a topic and expect reasonable answers. This is like telling God to protect you on the journey towards robbery. This cannot work and I cannot advice you more than that. Let you and your brother go to the nearest police station and report yourselves because what you are about to do, in case you don't know, is IMPERSONATION. angry angry angry
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by JennyAgun(f): 12:41pm On Mar 23, 2012
IN NAIJA, IT IS POSSIBLE.

It is only in Naija this kind of thing happens.
Later we say the leaders are corrupt.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by yuzedo: 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2012
Apart from the really hilarious comments/vitriols (e.g. Cattle-f.ucker tribe grin grin shocked ), y'all are just being hypocrites. If you had a sibling who was unemployed and this came up, you would THINK the same thoughts. Acting it out is another matter. And personally if i had the power, i would F.UCKING "nepotise" my brother into the slot if possible! angry
@ O.P: Alas you stand a 20% chance of pulling this through. Take it from someone who has a university degree in this area. . winkHowever, 20% chance mathematically means one in five persons will pull off this "scam" successfully. . . Are you that one person?? cool
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by lifestyle1(m): 12:52pm On Mar 23, 2012
Move to Joke Section! grin
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by badesco(m): 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
What you about to do is nothing but a criminal act, so think twice before doing it.Are you an igbo guy?
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by oladayo042: 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2012
With people like OP, the future is bleak.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by niddamugu(m): 12:58pm On Mar 23, 2012
yuzedo: Apart from the really hilarious comments/vitriols (e.g. Cattle-f.ucker tribe grin grin shocked ), y'all are just being hypocrites. If you had a sibling who was unemployed and this came up, you would THINK the same thoughts. Acting it out is another matter. And personally if i had the power, i would F.UCKING "nepotise" my brother into the slot if possible! angry
@ O.P: Alas you stand a 20% chance of pulling this through. Take it from someone who has a university degree in this area. . winkHowever, 20% chance mathematically means one in five persons will pull off this "scam" successfully. . . Are you that one person?? cool

You need to change your thought pattern. This is not different from using forged certificate to secure employment. He would enjoy the pleasure of "sin" but for a season and once he's caught, the jail term could end his career for life. Learn from Esau who lost his birth right just because of a single meal.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by olamsaheed: 1:12pm On Mar 23, 2012
sir-p2007:
@poster
l bet u well know the answer.Nepotism can never move this country 4ward.
in case u want ans,give up the job and ask ur bro to go and apply so that he can pass thru d recruitment process to see if he is qualified.

btw where was ur bro when u were going thru both recruitment exercise?

Abi o, if u so much love ur broda, y didn't u encourage 2 process d applicatn @ d same time u did? We shud learn 2 love odas. Did u eva think y u were selected, there were pple who came close 2 u,who went thru d same screening exercise lyk u do and because of ur selfish attitude u want d post 2 go 2 ur bro who didn't do anythin 2 merit it @ d expense of odas. That is nt 2 good.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by snthesis(m): 1:35pm On Mar 23, 2012
lacasa:

C ur life! Tribalistic slowpoke
did i hit a nerve tongue
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by livapul86(m): 1:38pm On Mar 23, 2012
@All: I think we should read through the OP's post again and be sincere with ourselves. Clearly, the Op must have gotten the job on the basis of Federal character policy and as such might not have written any 'special' test. Op, I do understand your sentiments and to be frank with you its totally doable. Firstly, go the department concerned and try to relate with any guy man working in the unit, he should be able to put you through on who to meet. As long as the job was zoned to your state, it can be worked on. Most people castigating you don't live in Nigeria and this might seem absurd to them. Recently, the Central Bank advertised for a job and they clearly stated that they needed candidates from only Taraba, Gombe, Bayelsa, Ebonyi to apply and take their slots.

1 Like

Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by VellyG(m): 1:45pm On Mar 23, 2012
ismhab: Ndi igbo mentality, you are part of the government circle that does'nt want to see the progress of our dear and beloved country.
Ewu hausa..I wonder if u have ever passed an interview in your life..just a simple question and u settled for a tribalistic comment..must u tell d whole world u r daft..iiidiiioot..
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by saska1122: 2:06pm On Mar 23, 2012
Reading some of the responses here helps me confirm that 'there is no hope for a better Nigeria even among the youths'.
What right do we have to criticize the gov't when we reason this way? Something is really wrong with Nigerians.

@OP, were you the only person interviewed for that job? Have U heard of KIV(keep in view) candidates? please move on!!!
Those saying that the OP should slot his brother, how will you feel if you were next in the KIV list?
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Outstrip(f): 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2012
Yes o. Civil service jobs can be passed from generation to generation. Just like the royal family
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by SeunAero(m): 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2012
I Dont see nuffing wrong with recommending someone be it yur brother or any1else for a job place,as fa as its not automatic. He would still have to pass through the normal recruitment formalities.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by MissEZ(f): 2:22pm On Mar 23, 2012
@ OP, i understand your concern for your brother, but beyond accepting or rejecting the offer of the organization, it is non of your business who they chose to replace you. Infact it is almost unprofessional to recommend your brother especially if he didnt go through the screening process. If they ask for your opinion, you can make recommendations, asides from that it is really not up to you to decide your replacement.

Keep looking out for family, it is a good mindset to have. Congratulations on your finding employment

For those of you saying that others might do the same in his shoes, I always find that statement presumptuous. How do you know what someone else will do in a given situation. Speak for yourself and let others do the same.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by MissEZ(f): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2012
livapul86: @All: I think we should read through the OP's post again and be sincere with ourselves. Clearly, the Op must have gotten the job on the basis of Federal character policy and as such might not have written any 'special' test. Op, I do understand your sentiments and to be frank with you its totally doable. Firstly, go the department concerned and try to relate with any guy man working in the unit, he should be able to put you through on who to meet. As long as the job was zoned to your state, it can be worked on. Most people castigating you don't live in Nigeria and this might seem absurd to them. Recently, the Central Bank advertised for a job and they clearly stated that they needed candidates from only Taraba, Gombe, Bayelsa, Ebonyi to apply and take their slots.

While i understand your point about federal character, it still does not change the fact that there are other people from his state that applied for the job. If they have a backup candidate for the position, i think it is unfair for his brother to come in from nowhere and take that position. Afterall if they wanted to give the job to his brother, they would have done so in the first place.

In all things, let us try to be fair and consider other people. Na all man de hustle for naija. sometime we forget that

1 Like

Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Emilo(m): 2:26pm On Mar 23, 2012
Please OP, go and discuss with someone at the top of affairs, your brother can still get the job as long as it is the Government. If your brother gets it, its more blessing for ur family. Don't mind these people here,, who if given same opportunity would try same stunt.

Most of these people have never worked in the Government sector so can't fantom how it works. I worked as a permanent staff with INEC for some couple of years before moving to the private sector. My regret is that i didn't put someone i know to take my slot, today my boss as i hear has been claiming my salary ever since.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by pdpiperpippen: 2:36pm On Mar 23, 2012
Look! do u think government is family biznes? later u'll say el rufai shld be prosecuted for allocatin land to himself, girlfrnds wives etc. Una no be the same tin, zuwo!
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by HellaBella(f): 2:42pm On Mar 23, 2012
Some of you people sha...
Those criticizing the OP aren't doing so because he recommended his brother. Read his post, the OP did not mention anything about recommending his brother to the office. Rather, people are taking issue with the fact that the OP seems to have this false sense of entitlement that a job that was once his can now be allocated to his brother. This is the problem with Nigeria. The OP should have been asking for tips about how to best talk to the management about employment opportunities for others (in his case, his bro). The OP even commented that he doesn't want the post to go to someone he doesn't know. Well if that's the case, then the OP should keep the damn job. How dare he!

Nothing wrong with looking out for his bro's best interest, but please, the entitlement needs to go.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Sagamite(m): 2:48pm On Mar 23, 2012
HellaBella: Some of you people sha...
Those criticizing the OP aren't doing so because he recommended his brother. Read his post, the OP did not mention anything about recommending his brother to the office. Rather, people are taking issue with the fact that the OP seems to have this false sense of entitlement that a job that was once his can now be allocated to his brother. This is the problem with Nigeria. The OP should have been asking for tips about how to best talk to the management about employment opportunities for others (in his case, his bro). The OP even commented that he doesn't want the post to go to someone he doesn't know. Well if that's the case, then the OP should keep the damn job. How dare he!

Nothing wrong with looking out for his bro's best interest, but please, the entitlement needs to go.

Thank you!

Well said.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by 9zeros(m): 2:49pm On Mar 23, 2012
can y'all see why nigerians are hated everywhere?....its crystal clear dat even nigerian dont love themselves. smh.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by cantell(m): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2012
deshclones:

...guess cretin is the only english insult you've learnt in your sojourn abroad...
Lmao!
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by chuckdee4(m): 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2012
Emilo: Please OP, go and discuss with someone at the top of affairs, your brother can still get the job as long as it is the Government. If your brother gets it, its more blessing for ur family. Don't mind these people here,, who if given same opportunity would try same stunt.

Most of these people have never worked in the Government sector so can't fantom how it works. I worked as a permanent staff with INEC for some couple of years before moving to the private sector. My regret is that i didn't put someone i know to take my slot, today my boss as i hear has been claiming my salary ever since.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by juman(m): 3:09pm On Mar 23, 2012
Emilo: Please OP, go and discuss with someone at the top of affairs, your brother can still get the job as long as it is the Government. If your brother gets it, its more blessing for ur family. Don't mind these people here,, who if given same opportunity would try same stunt.

There is no other way, nigeria will break.

nigeria is for them not for the masses.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by skibochi(m): 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
MRbrownJAY: this is exactly the kind of mentality that is making Nigeria go backwards!!!

@OP
decide which job you want and let THE AUTHORITIES find a new applicant. there is absolutely no reason why your brother should get the job over anyone else. that is the reason why there are TESTS made to find the right applicant, duh! let him apply and pass the test like anyone else!

You just spit the words from my mouth comrade!!!
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by pynkspyce: 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2012
Answer to OP - civil service is not your father's company. If your brother is so well qualified, he should apply for the job.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Skills Do I Need To Establish A Career As A Research Analyst? / Do Investigative Journalism Still Existing In Nigeria? / How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.