Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Can My Brother Take My Government Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can My Brother Take My Government Job? (6855 Views)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? / Help! My Brother Have Not Being Paid Since September 2014. / Federal Government Job Vs First Bank Jbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by silvaspecs: 11:32pm On Mar 22, 2012
Can Someone Else Replace Me In A Government Job?

Hi Nairalanders, I got this government job last month which is permanent,after my documentation and waiting for posting, I got another one which had more chances and professional prospects.Now my question is, I have a brother who studied the same course the same year and also from the same state I wanted to suggest to them to replace him with mé in my first offer, because even if I don't show up there again, the slot for my state will be vacant and maybe replaced by someone else I don't even know. Please guys, is this possible to have my brother replace me? Can it be done in the civil service? Thanks for your replies...,
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Nobody: 2:37am On Mar 23, 2012
this is exactly the kind of mentality that is making Nigeria go backwards!!!

@OP
decide which job you want and let THE AUTHORITIES find a new applicant. there is absolutely no reason why your brother should get the job over anyone else. that is the reason why there are TESTS made to find the right applicant, duh! let him apply and pass the test like anyone else!

1 Like

Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Hottestbuoy(m): 8:57am On Mar 23, 2012
Seee yeyey question ds guy de ask
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by wondaboi2010(m): 9:22am On Mar 23, 2012
This is called "Selfishness in totality"!
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by obowunmi(m): 10:45am On Mar 23, 2012
What happens if your brother is caught when your office realizes its not him Don't you think its risky??
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by AjanleKoko: 10:50am On Mar 23, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

And we ask why the country isn't working. See this kind of reasoning embarassed
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by eghost247(m): 11:17am On Mar 23, 2012
]this is not a family inheritance its a job let your brother apply for the job like everyone else not getting it as your replacement don't ask if he can't take the job its not his birthright[/size
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by deshclones(m): 11:17am On Mar 23, 2012
silvaspecs: Can Someone Else Replace Me In A Government Job?

Hi Nairalanders, I got this government job last month which is permanent,after my documentation and waiting for posting, I got another one which had more chances and professional prospects.Now my question is, I have a brother who studied the same course the same year and also from the same state I wanted to suggest to them to replace him with mé in my first offer, because even if I don't show up there again, the slot for my state will be vacant and maybe replaced by someone else I don't even know. Please guys, is this possible to have my brother replace me? Can it be done in the civil service? Thanks for your replies...,

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA...

1 Like

Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:22am On Mar 23, 2012
ICPC shouold have your arse in jail!! >:
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by ismhab(m): 11:27am On Mar 23, 2012
Ndi igbo mentality, you are part of the government circle that does'nt want to see the progress of our dear and beloved country.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 23, 2012
Well done boy, Na who send Maga: Use the same connection to hook up your Bro............. Some of the people complaining are part of the people that destroyed naija. Don't mind any1
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by ZUBY77(m): 11:30am On Mar 23, 2012
This guy asked an honest question.
@op, It is not right since your CV is different from his even if he graduated with a higher class.
Meanwhile you can recommend him to the agency and let them decide. Who knows, he could get lucky.

1 Like

Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by snthesis(m): 11:31am On Mar 23, 2012
dis is practiced predominantly by a certain tribe in Naija, small wonder dey bear similar names, and u get to c a whole village sharing the same certificate
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by lacasa: 11:38am On Mar 23, 2012
Itz jus an honest qtn so y u people comin down hard on him? After all most of u condemning wld av don the same tin.

To the poster, tinz ain't done that way in the Civil service "openly" wink
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by lacasa: 11:39am On Mar 23, 2012
snthesis: dis is practiced predominantly by a certain tribe in Naija, small wonder dey bear similar names, and u get to c a whole villae sharing the same certificate

C ur life! Tribalistic slowpoke
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Classique27(f): 11:41am On Mar 23, 2012
Technically, you should pick one job and forget d other, but if your brother is jobless, maybe u should suggest him to the management. who go get family wey need help and let an opportunity pass by?
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Afam4eva(m): 11:43am On Mar 23, 2012
The OP is the kind of person that he finds himself in government, he will corner all the juicy positions and contracts to his family, friends and cronies. Very selfish of the OP.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:44am On Mar 23, 2012
ismhab: Ndi igbo mentality, you are part of the government circle that does'nt want to see the progress of our dear and beloved country.

Your entire Cattle-fuckers tribe. . .

Cant you see the OP is an Yoruba boy!
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by chuckdee4(m): 11:45am On Mar 23, 2012
ismhab: Ndi igbo mentality, you are part of the government circle that does'nt want to see the progress of our dear and beloved country.

As much as the OP's mentality is a problem in Nigeria, yours is just as bad as.
What does anything the poster said have to do with tribe or ndi igbo, grow up
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by chuckdee4(m): 11:46am On Mar 23, 2012
afam4eva: The OP is the kind of person that he finds himself in government, he will corner all the juicy positions and contracts to his family, friends and cronies. Very selfish of the OP.

What else do you expect, the government never hire smart Nigerians, they don't want individuals who will show them up for their cluelessness.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by ibrahim007: 11:50am On Mar 23, 2012
"kindly shoot poster on sight,50000 GBP per shot".GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by polokor60(m): 11:54am On Mar 23, 2012
ZUBY77: This guy asked an honest question.
@op, It is not right since your CV is different from his even if he graduated with a higher class.
Meanwhile you can recommend him to the agency and let them decide. Who knows, he could get lucky.
op this is the best advice anybody can give to you,never mind the other posters criticising you,they are hypocrites that ll always ask the same question if they have the opportunity just like you.talk is very cheap in nairaland.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by chuks49(m): 11:59am On Mar 23, 2012

Ishmab I was expecting you wait till after your jumat prayers before you unleash your insanity. Scumbag
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by PrinceDudu(m): 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
@op, just go to ABJ u'll find d answer. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by ibrahim007: 12:08pm On Mar 23, 2012
I so much hate cheap education,swear down.Did i see recommend him??,ok what about the people that went thru rigorous screening process?,purchasing form,time wasted on screening process,come today come tomorrow and al that.Anything "public" is a very sensitive thing,yes because on judgement day 150 million Nigerians will ask you.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Sagamite(m): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2012
silvaspecs: Can Someone Else Replace Me In A Government Job?

You are a cretin!

So the job should go to someone you know?

Who hired this person?

I thought Nigerian pastors claim to give deliverance? Why is this guy in this state?
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by pato405(m): 12:16pm On Mar 23, 2012
with these kind of people, Nigeria is FINISHED!! there's not a glimmer of hope left. talking of gargantuan corruption, You take the cake bro !!!! what do you take civil service for? with this your level of reasoning,I'm beginning to wonder how you graduated and how you managed to secure the job. wahala dey Nija o!
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by ayusman16(m): 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2012
Dumb poster and even more dumb that it is on the frontpage.
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Ibangap(m): 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2012
all dis hypocrites, d guy jus asked an honest question, he did nt say his bro wants to impersonate him, and he asked for ur advice and u r here blabin, as if u would nt do d same. @ op. Jus recomend ur bro 2 d management dey might consider him. Gudluck
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by sirp2007: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2012
@poster
l bet u well know the answer.Nepotism can never move this country 4ward.
in case u want ans,give up the job and ask ur bro to go and apply so that he can pass thru d recruitment process to see if he is qualified.

btw where was ur bro when u were going thru both recruitment exercise?
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by Jemibee: 12:24pm On Mar 23, 2012
It's a good thg u have ur brother at heart. When i 1st read ur post, i thought it was dumb of u. But after a rethink, i have had a change of mind. It's better u suggest it to management if not, make him go thru the same process u went thru. Remember if it's meant to be, it'll surely be. U don't want what happened to the newly caught fake NYSC corpers to happen to ur bro??
Re: Can My Brother Take My Government Job? by chuckdee4(m): 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2012
Ibanga p: all dis hypocrites, d guy jus asked an honest question, he did nt say his bro wants to impersonate him, and he asked for ur advice and u r here blabin, as if u would nt do d same. @ op. Jus recomend ur bro 2 d management dey might consider him. Gudluck

It's this sort of slack thinking that enables the growth of such nonsense, like Coogar was saying in a different thread, we need to call a spade a spade when we see it. What the OP suggested is unfair towards other eligible candidates who went through the recruitment process for the same job, because he got the job gives him no right to say who gets it if he decides to move on to another job.
It is quite normal to want the best for your sibling but Nigerians need to eradicate this "I know somebody who works in" mentality. If other countries practised the same thing, how many legimate Nigerians would be working outside Nigeria, earning good money?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Did You Choose Your Current Career? / What Does The Company Sky Packing Materials Trading: LLC Do? / How To Become A Lecturer In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.