Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,849 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Network Marketing In Africa - Grossly Overlooked - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Network Marketing In Africa - Grossly Overlooked (1949 Views)

My Terrible Experience With Multilevel Marketing In Nigeria / Network Marketing Success Secret (strictly For Network Marketers ) / Affiliate Marketing In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Network Marketing In Africa - Grossly Overlooked by Wazobia(m): 1:26am On Mar 23, 2012
This is a rejoinder to CHIKA UWAZIE'S articled titled - Learning the Art of Networking.

As a networker since the early 90s, I can relate to some of her networking tips. My point of writing this articl is to further highlight this huge marketing sector that I have always believed is designed for Africans.

Think of it this way, we Africans love to sell. We are naturally amiable set of homosapiens. We see something good, we have no qualms about announcing it, unbeknown to us though that we have inadvertently advertised the business for free. We get a clean hair cut, our friends notice and we immediately direct them to the barbers,giving precise description of the location. The ladies stumbled on a shop and got a fantastic bargain, what does she go and do, of course she calls her friends and lo and behold spends a considerable amount of time gisting about how good the products are, how inexpensive (not cheap o.....lol) generally the goods are and how damn polite the cashiers were to her. Now you tell me,wouldn't her friends visit the shop out of curiosity ? And guess what, she did all that, enthusiastically without getting paid for it? God Almighty!

My friends, yes it's not unique to Africans alone, but Aricans are mostly seen to be the more expressive ones when compared with our brothers and sisters from other continents.

What am I saying?

What I am saying is this; we are quick to jump to conclusions about what we read, especially on the Internet about a profession such as MLM or NETWORK MARKETING. Check this out, at least no one can accuse me of making this up...this is what this great author had to say about Network Marketing. He said "If I had to do it all over again, rather than build an old style type of business, I would have started building a network marketing business." by the way that Quote was by Robert T. Kiyosak.

If you want to call your own shots in life, if you’re willing to get the education you will need to run a small business, if you enjoy working with people, then network marketing just might be right kind of business for you. With the economy the way it is today, working from home makes more sense then acquiring a second job in order to make ends meet. And thats if you can find one.

Guess what, I have come to replace Network Marketing with RELATIONSHIP MARKETING. You have relationships with friends, colleagues and family and your old pals at school and all that you benefit from each other is attending parties? It really baffles me that with your capability of inviting hundreds of people to a party, with each of your friend doing the same, can you just imagine how choker blocker the party would turn out? And what happens at the end? Well, the same as always, every body eats, spends money on gifts and talk on top of their voices through the loud noise. Benefits - well you had a great time. What else, well you spent a great deal of time organising an event that will not yield any financial income. Don't get me wrong,I am not trying to be anti party here, all I am attempting to get across is that we can employ the same methods to empower and enrich ourselves and our community.

We all know what the Global economy is telling us, and guys it is not looking bright at all. In Nigeria we have graduates that are cleaners. I personally spoke with one and had to motivate her to believe all hope was not lost. She was recruited in the sales team if the company that hadn't sold for a couple of years. The cleaner of the company left and she chose to take up the role for a ccombined salary of N15,000 ($94) a month. The same pay as a security staff at one of the fast food joints here in Lagos. I approached him on seeing how dejected he was gazing, and when I engaged him, he revealed his N15k salary to me.

The value of a life is measured by the lives it touches. And those who choose to be happy must help others to find happiness, for the welfare of each is bound up with the welfare of all. This is my passion. This is what a lot of Africans have ignored and over looked.

We are now in an era where the Internet is king. Almost everything is at our finger tips. The excuses are drying up. For those of us who have relationships, think outside the box and consider checking out how you all can come together for a mutual benefit.

The real key to network marketing success is to have many people to talk to on a daily basis regardless of age and financial status.   Be patient and don’t take it personally when you get “No” for an answer — just move on to the next person.

One final tip, the heart of a solid company involved in Network Marketing is based on three ingredients for long term success. They are;
1. Owners that mean what they say and say what they mean.
2. Products cannot be overpriced
3. A compensation plan where EVERYONE gets paid.

It's time to think outside the box and reconsider this marketing sector that has over 13 million Americans benefitting (source DSA).

My name is Jide Salu.

If you need further information on how you want to be a part of a company I truely believe in, a company that has you and I in mind, a company that will empower you as a business owner and a company that will not require you to pay thousands of Naira, then feel free to contact me at gbgjide@gmail.com. You can also visit me at http://babajidesalu.

Thanks for your time, and I wish you the very economic success you deserve.

1 Like

Re: Network Marketing In Africa - Grossly Overlooked by slimming: 2:22pm On Sep 03, 2012
Yes, it is overlooked for other ways to make money. It remain the best way to get there for those who knows.
Re: Network Marketing In Africa - Grossly Overlooked by legalwealth(m): 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2012
You are still them right and I do keep wondering if Africans ever know a Network Market called ALL SOLUTIONS NETWORK

which you can read more about at
www.allsolutionsnetwork.info for more information about aside others.

Goodluck...

(1) (Reply)

Bitter Kola Export / Pampers And Huggies To Nigeria From Europe And USA - Please Read And Contribute / How To Earn Money Online - No Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.